User Reviews for Compazine

Learn more about Compazine.

Anxiety 2 reviews 61 medications

6.2
Nausea/Vomiting 19 reviews 149 medications

Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications

Psychosis 0 reviews 18 medications

3.5
Summary of Compazine reviews 22 reviews 5.2

Reviews for Compazine

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this for migraines. I was stationed in Hampton Roads, VA doing my time in the Navy. I had a TBI in Bahrain, and was sent to Virginia for various medical treatments. I had blackouts and severe migraines that made me see spots at least 3-5 times a week. It was pure hell so I thought. I would try to tolerate it the best I could, and I began frequenting the hospital where I received this drug. It took some time to figure out which drug I was having the horrendous side effects. Portsmouth Naval issued me a "cocktail" as they called it with this drug included. Over a few experiences with various doctors I figured out this drug was the culprit. This drug made me feel like something terrible was crawling under my skin. 6 hours of hell."

Ashley A. (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been on Compazine for over 2 years and it has been an absolute overall relief of nausea, anxiety and nerves/nervous tension. Finding a doctor who will prescribe it without a struggle and or reservation is a whole other issue. I've been told it carries too many side effects and isn't considered safe or for long term. I've been told to switch to Zofran. The upside is Zofran seems to have a fairly good rating. I never suffered side effects from the Compazine."

blaze22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Very bad side effects. Given by IV in the emergency room for severe migraine. Jaw clenching, agitation, loss of appetite, groggy, incessent urination (with a fowl smell). Side effects lasted for a week after administration."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was in the hospital suffering from post lumbar puncture headache and nausea/severe vomiting. IV Zofran did nothing, IV Reglan did nothing, only the IV Compazine gave me relief. Granted as soon as it ran out I started up again, but at least it allowed me a few hours of peace to sleep."

Asscher (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

For Hiccups "I actually had this right in front of me while I was smoking a cigarette and my hiccups went away. "

threalmanlyman December 20, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "Read the side effects carefully. I had a severe distonic reaction and had to spend the day in the emergency room after just 1 pill. I have been advised by my doctor to never even take anything in this family of medicines."

Nauseated Wade August 18, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "Been taking for years for nausea from Irritable Bowel Syndrome etc. Works great and quickly! Get restless legs next day but that ends quickly. Heard that if taking it regularly long term you should have liver and kidneys monitored as it can do damage to them!"

MarkyMark3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 12, 2014

For Anxiety "This medication gave me the worst experience of my life. It made me sleepy, yes. But at the same time, It sped up my mental discomfort, and it made my muscles jump. Similar to restless leg syndrome, but throughout my entire body. It was so bad they had to reverse it with Benadryl to alleviate the symptoms, And finally they gave me a mixture of Valium and Demerol to put me in a twilight state until it passed. If you have ANY medication allergies, even mild. I would strongly advise against this medication. "

P.A. in Los Angeles. (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been dealing with chronic nausea/vomiting for almost a year. I have had every test in the book and they all come back negative. I've tried medications for irritable bowel syndrome and I've tried Phenegran and Zofran. None of which worked. I also used the transdermal Scoplamine patch, which helped a little. Finally, my doctor prescribed Compazine suppository and I have had great relief of my nausea/vomiting. I hope to be able to stay on this for a long time. It is a wonder medicine."

Meeeeeeee March 30, 2014

For Anxiety "I was first given Compazine in the hospital for severe nausea associated with a migraine. I suffer from migraines, generalize anxiety, and panic attacks but I was admitted to the hospital due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. They were giving me Valium, but cautiously. When the nurse gave me Compazine for the first time, my nausea and anxiety left at the same time, and quickly too. I was able to finally rest/sleep comfortably. Even though it is prescribed for nausea, I would recommend asking your Doctor about Compazine for anxiety. It will make you sleepy, but like I said, the feeling of be comfortable in my own skin for a change is worth it."

Catleen186 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Compazine is chemically similar to Thorazine...both of which can cause extreme and sometimes dangerous reactions the in people who have risk of serotonin syndrome or sensitivities. I personally experienced rage reactions to Compazine when it was used to treat nausea from migraines. "

Carriewhohasbeenthere May 11, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Made me very anxious, and thoughts racing. Did nothing to ease nausea."

DJ72 June 14, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "Terrible akathisia."

Anonymous April 10, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "Compazine works wonders to control my nausea. "

Anonymous March 28, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been suffering with gastroparesis for years, and at one point ended up in the emergency room because I was so intensely nauseated and dehydrated. Was given Compazine in IV solution, which worked wonderfully to stop the nausea. The doctor sent me home with Compazine pills, and they weren't as effective."

PlainJayne October 26, 2010

For Nausea/Vomiting "I am currently using Compazine to combat nausea resulting from chemotherapy. It seems to work better for me than Zofran did. It does cause fatigue but that is a small price to pay for not vomiting."

Zeek78 August 23, 2010

For Nausea/Vomiting "I experienced the "restlesss, anxious" side effects from this medication and it's been almost 24 hours and I am still feeling it in my legs. My headache is gone which is great, but my legs can't stop moving."

Anonymous March 7, 2010

For Nausea/Vomiting "I used it for sometime and it caused me temporary muscular spasms in my face. I prefer Zofran."

Anonymous February 1, 2010

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medication does help out a lot when you have nausea. I have taken a lot of different medications before and this is the first one in seven years that has actually worked for me. The only side effect that I get from it is being tired after taking it but it is so much better then being sick to my stomach."

Anonymous January 5, 2010

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was always tired and lethargic. I thought it was from the chemo I was taking but when I switched to Anzemet, I realized it was the Compazine that made me tired."

Anonymous October 16, 2009

For Nausea/Vomiting "I am an older adult in good health. I originally had dizziness (possibly from a virus or sinus bug) which caused nausea. This medication took away both symptoms within 1-2 hours and I was able to carry on with my normal activities."

Anonymous July 28, 2009

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medicine is absolutely wonderful. I had a stomach virus, took this medicine and did not vomit or feel nauseated again. I would recommend this to anyone suffering a stomach virus."

... May 3, 2009