User Reviews for Compazine

Learn more about Compazine.

Nausea/Vomiting 16 reviews 152 medications

Hiccups 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Compazine reviews 18 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Compazine

Review by Nauseated Wade:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Read the side effects carefully. I had a severe distonic reaction and had to spend the day in the emergency room after just 1 pill. I have been advised by my doctor to never even take anything in this family of medicines.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 10:24 PM

Review by MarkyMark3 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: Been taking for years for nausea from Irritable Bowel Syndrome etc. Works great and quickly! Get restless legs next day but that ends quickly. Heard that if taking it regularly long term you should have liver and kidneys monitored as it can do damage to them!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 12, 2014 9:32 PM

Review by P.A. in Los Angeles. (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: This medication gave me the worst experience of my life. It made me sleepy, yes. But at the same time, It sped up my mental discomfort, and it made my muscles jump. Similar to restless leg syndrome, but throughout my entire body. It was so bad they had to reverse it with Benadryl to alleviate the symptoms, And finally they gave me a mixture of Valium and Demerol to put me in a twilight state until it passed. If you have ANY medication allergies, even mild. I would strongly advise against this medication.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2014 5:42 AM

Review by Meeeeeeee:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have been dealing with chronic nausea/vomiting for almost a year. I have had every test in the book and they all come back negative. I've tried medications for irritable bowel syndrome and I've tried Phenegran and Zofran. None of which worked. I also used the transdermal Scoplamine patch, which helped a little. Finally, my doctor prescribed Compazine suppository and I have had great relief of my nausea/vomiting. I hope to be able to stay on this for a long time. It is a wonder medicine.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2014 1:31 PM

Review by Catleen186 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety: I was first given Compazine in the hospital for severe nausea associated with a migraine. I suffer from migraines, generalize anxiety, and panic attacks but I was admitted to the hospital due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. They were giving me Valium, but cautiously. When the nurse gave me Compazine for the first time, my nausea and anxiety left at the same time, and quickly too. I was able to finally rest/sleep comfortably. Even though it is prescribed for nausea, I would recommend asking your Doctor about Compazine for anxiety. It will make you sleepy, but like I said, the feeling of be comfortable in my own skin for a change is worth it.

July 1, 2013 4:15 PM

Review by Carriewhohasbeenthere:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Compazine is chemically similar to Thorazine...both of which can cause extreme and sometimes dangerous reactions the in people who have risk of serotonin syndrome or sensitivities. I personally experienced rage reactions to Compazine when it was used to treat nausea from migraines.

May 11, 2013 12:50 AM

Review by blaze22 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have been on Compazine for over 2 years and it has been an absolute overall relief of nausea, anxiety and nerves/nervous tension. Finding a doctor who will prescribe it without a struggle and or reservation is a whole other issue. I've been told it carries too many side effects and isn't considered safe or for long term. I've been told to switch to Zofran. The upside is Zofran seems to have a fairly good rating. I never suffered side effects from the Compazine.

March 2, 2013 7:20 PM

Review by DJ72:

For Nausea/Vomiting: Made me very anxious, and thoughts racing. Did nothing to ease nausea.

June 14, 2012 9:02 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting: Terrible akathisia.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 10, 2012 12:05 AM

For Nausea/Vomiting: Compazine works wonders to control my nausea.

March 28, 2012 4:14 PM

Review by PlainJayne:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I have been suffering with gastroparesis for years, and at one point ended up in the emergency room because I was so intensely nauseated and dehydrated. Was given Compazine in IV solution, which worked wonderfully to stop the nausea. The doctor sent me home with Compazine pills, and they weren't as effective.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2010 1:41 PM

Review by Zeek78:

For Nausea/Vomiting: I am currently using Compazine to combat nausea resulting from chemotherapy. It seems to work better for me than Zofran did. It does cause fatigue but that is a small price to pay for not vomiting.

August 23, 2010 12:00 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: I experienced the "restlesss, anxious" side effects from this medication and it's been almost 24 hours and I am still feeling it in my legs. My headache is gone which is great, but my legs can't stop moving.

March 7, 2010 12:46 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: I used it for sometime and it caused me temporary muscular spasms in my face. I prefer Zofran.

February 1, 2010 11:44 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: This medication does help out a lot when you have nausea. I have taken a lot of different medications before and this is the first one in seven years that has actually worked for me. The only side effect that I get from it is being tired after taking it but it is so much better then being sick to my stomach.

January 5, 2010 4:18 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: I was always tired and lethargic. I thought it was from the chemo I was taking but when I switched to Anzemet, I realized it was the Compazine that made me tired.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2009 5:10 PM

For Nausea/Vomiting: I am an older adult in good health. I originally had dizziness (possibly from a virus or sinus bug) which caused nausea. This medication took away both symptoms within 1-2 hours and I was able to carry on with my normal activities.

July 28, 2009 8:41 AM

Review by ...:

For Nausea/Vomiting: This medicine is absolutely wonderful. I had a stomach virus, took this medicine and did not vomit or feel nauseated again. I would recommend this to anyone suffering a stomach virus.

May 3, 2009 12:38 AM