User Reviews for Compazine

Learn more about Compazine.

Anxiety 2 reviews 63 medications

6.2
Nausea/Vomiting 30 reviews 159 medications

5.1
Hiccups 1 reviews 8 medications

Summary of Compazine reviews 33 reviews 5.4

Reviews for Compazine

For Nausea/Vomiting "I took this for my extreme amount of nausea causing anxiety. It did wonders for my nausea! It was wonderful and like a miracle. Until the 3rd time I took it... I had the worst experience of my life. My jaw got locked and stuck to one side, my eyes got locked looking upwards and I couldn't move them, my jaw felt as if it was trying to break itself and was so painful . I ended up sticking my finger down my throat to make myself vomit up the drug. It continued to lock my jaw up off and on for the next 48 hours. Never again. Be careful of the side effects. Worked wonders for my nausea and vomiting, but I would rather be throwing up than experiences those side effects"

Hannah36910 May 19, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this through an IV in the ER. I had terrible nausea and Zofran didn't touch it. Even though compazine did take my nausea away, it left me incredibly groggy yet restless. I spent the entire rest of the day in a haze. I've never abused drugs but I would imagine this is how you would feel when coming off of some sort of high yet it lasts all day long. I kept feeling angry and anxious as well. I would much rather have nausea and will never take this medicine again!"

Jennna May 9, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this medication to help with the side effects of Chemo and radiation and it was ok the first day but as the days went on I began to feel irritated groggy and EXTREMELY restless but I was really tired like super tired. It kept me so drained that I slept for 22 hours! Almost all the side effects mentioned above (or below) I experienced them too. I will NEVER take this again! I rather be nauseous!!"

HunnieBunz May 1, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Went to the ER twice with a severe migraine, both times given Compazine. It definitely helps with relieving the pain but the side effects out weigh it for me. Felt like my skin was crawling, restlessness, skin rash, dry mouth, anxiety (triggered a panic attack both times), brought up a lot of bad thoughts of how I was dying. Long term, rebound headache, insomnia, loss of appetite. Also had it with Benadryl once and that scared me."

saaaaaaaam February 21, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "I've been suffering from IBS for years and compazine is the only medicine that gets rid of nausea. I've never had any side effects, which is fabulous. I am tired all the time but it beats nausea!"

Fantastic Mrs J January 10, 2016

For Nausea/Vomiting "Extreme agitation and anxiety... Never again... Very restless"

Cj1977 December 27, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Beware, this medicine causes agitation in a lot of people. The feeling is indescribable, though some have told me it like withdrawals. Awful stuff. Felt like my skin was crawling. Just awful."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Had nausea from chemo and radiation and was given Zofran. Zofran did nothing to curb the nausea. I was just recently changed over to Compazine and the nausea is gone! I've not experienced any side effects whatsoever."

RenaeDeac October 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was prescribed compazine in 1989 for severe morning sickness during the forth month of my second pregnancy. By the third day, I was rushed to the hospital because my chin locked over my left shoulder, my tongue hung out of my mouth impeding my speech, the muscles in my eyes froze, keeping me from blinking. My five year old got home from school and found me drooling on my self, grunting b/c I could not speak. Good thing I'd taught her how to call 911. Shortly, an ambulance drove up and rushed me to the emergency room. They thought I'd had a stroke. Luckily, I had the vile of compazine in my purse. Needless to say, my son was born with neurological issues which have lasted a lifetime."

Klein's October 19, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "This medicine was awful. I took it for severe nausea and vomiting and it made me anxious, nervous, and on edge. I have never felt that way before and will never again take this medication."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was suffering from unexplained nausea for about a year. I tried a host of other anti-nausea medications but nothing really seemed to be helping. My doctor gave my compazine, which helped my nausea but made me exhausted by the evening and caused me to burst into tears at least once a day. I stopped taking the medication because the side effects were too much for me to handle."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 3, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was given this for migraines. I was stationed in Hampton Roads, VA doing my time in the Navy. I had a TBI in Bahrain, and was sent to Virginia for various medical treatments. I had blackouts and severe migraines that made me see spots at least 3-5 times a week. It was pure hell so I thought. I would try to tolerate it the best I could, and I began frequenting the hospital where I received this drug. It took some time to figure out which drug I was having the horrendous side effects. Portsmouth Naval issued me a "cocktail" as they called it with this drug included. Over a few experiences with various doctors I figured out this drug was the culprit. This drug made me feel like something terrible was crawling under my skin. 6 hours of hell."

Ashley A. (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been on Compazine for over 2 years and it has been an absolute overall relief of nausea, anxiety and nerves/nervous tension. Finding a doctor who will prescribe it without a struggle and or reservation is a whole other issue. I've been told it carries too many side effects and isn't considered safe or for long term. I've been told to switch to Zofran. The upside is Zofran seems to have a fairly good rating. I never suffered side effects from the Compazine."

blaze22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "Very bad side effects. Given by IV in the emergency room for severe migraine. Jaw clenching, agitation, loss of appetite, groggy, incessent urination (with a fowl smell). Side effects lasted for a week after administration."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

For Nausea/Vomiting "I was in the hospital suffering from post lumbar puncture headache and nausea/severe vomiting. IV Zofran did nothing, IV Reglan did nothing, only the IV Compazine gave me relief. Granted as soon as it ran out I started up again, but at least it allowed me a few hours of peace to sleep."

Asscher (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

For Hiccups "I actually had this right in front of me while I was smoking a cigarette and my hiccups went away. "

threalmanlyman December 20, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "Read the side effects carefully. I had a severe distonic reaction and had to spend the day in the emergency room after just 1 pill. I have been advised by my doctor to never even take anything in this family of medicines."

Nauseated Wade August 18, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "Been taking for years for nausea from Irritable Bowel Syndrome etc. Works great and quickly! Get restless legs next day but that ends quickly. Heard that if taking it regularly long term you should have liver and kidneys monitored as it can do damage to them!"

MarkyMark3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 12, 2014

For Anxiety "This medication gave me the worst experience of my life. It made me sleepy, yes. But at the same time, It sped up my mental discomfort, and it made my muscles jump. Similar to restless leg syndrome, but throughout my entire body. It was so bad they had to reverse it with Benadryl to alleviate the symptoms, And finally they gave me a mixture of Valium and Demerol to put me in a twilight state until it passed. If you have ANY medication allergies, even mild. I would strongly advise against this medication. "

P.A. in Los Angeles. (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting "I have been dealing with chronic nausea/vomiting for almost a year. I have had every test in the book and they all come back negative. I've tried medications for irritable bowel syndrome and I've tried Phenegran and Zofran. None of which worked. I also used the transdermal Scoplamine patch, which helped a little. Finally, my doctor prescribed Compazine suppository and I have had great relief of my nausea/vomiting. I hope to be able to stay on this for a long time. It is a wonder medicine."

Meeeeeeee March 30, 2014

For Anxiety "I was first given Compazine in the hospital for severe nausea associated with a migraine. I suffer from migraines, generalize anxiety, and panic attacks but I was admitted to the hospital due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. They were giving me Valium, but cautiously. When the nurse gave me Compazine for the first time, my nausea and anxiety left at the same time, and quickly too. I was able to finally rest/sleep comfortably. Even though it is prescribed for nausea, I would recommend asking your Doctor about Compazine for anxiety. It will make you sleepy, but like I said, the feeling of be comfortable in my own skin for a change is worth it."

Catleen186 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Compazine is chemically similar to Thorazine...both of which can cause extreme and sometimes dangerous reactions the in people who have risk of serotonin syndrome or sensitivities. I personally experienced rage reactions to Compazine when it was used to treat nausea from migraines. "

Carriewhohasbeenthere May 11, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting "Made me very anxious, and thoughts racing. Did nothing to ease nausea."

DJ72 June 14, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "Terrible akathisia."

Anonymous April 10, 2012

For Nausea/Vomiting "Compazine works wonders to control my nausea. "

Anonymous March 28, 2012