User Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Also known as: Compazine, Compazine Spansule, Compro, Procot

Learn more about Prochlorperazine.

Nausea/Vomiting 27 reviews 153 medications

Psychosis 0 reviews 18 medications

3.5
Summary of Prochlorperazine reviews 31 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Prochlorperazine

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been on Compazine for over 2 years and it has been an absolute overall relief of nausea, anxiety and nerves/nervous tension. Finding a doctor who will prescribe it without a struggle and or reservation is a whole other issue. I've been told it carries too many side effects and isn't considered safe or for long term. I've been told to switch to Zofran. The upside is Zofran seems to have a fairly good rating. I never suffered side effects from the Compazine."

blaze22 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 30, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Very bad side effects. Given by IV in the emergency room for severe migraine. Jaw clenching, agitation, loss of appetite, groggy, incessent urination (with a fowl smell). Side effects lasted for a week after administration."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

For Anxiety: "Quickly calmed me down and got rid of nausea caused by anxiety but the sleepiness it caused me to experience made me very stressed out about being unable to do what I needed to get done."

Laura Maton (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 26, 2015

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was in the hospital suffering from post lumbar puncture headache and nausea/severe vomiting. IV Zofran did nothing, IV Reglan did nothing, only the IV Compazine gave me relief. Granted as soon as it ran out I started up again, but at least it allowed me a few hours of peace to sleep."

Asscher (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Hiccups: "I actually had this right in front of me while I was smoking a cigarette and my hiccups went away. "

threalmanlyman December 20, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "We currently have a case of Norovirus in the house. My daughter succumbed the other day with a 101 fever, violent vomiting, etc.,. I feared I was next having shared food with her before her symptoms went "viral." I came down with a low-grade fever and intense acid burn. Thankfully, I remembered that I had this med left over from a recent surgery. The acid burn is down and my 100 degree temp stabilized to 99.5. So far, it is working for me as I've been proactive before the nausea sensation strikes. Sadly, I'm down to two pills so will see if I can, at least, bypass the vomiting phase of this horrific virus."

BMommy123 (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Helped with nausea and vomiting I'm 7 weeks pregnant but made me very anxious almost to the point of not being able to function!!"

Anonymous October 10, 2014

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Read the side effects carefully. I had a severe distonic reaction and had to spend the day in the emergency room after just 1 pill. I have been advised by my doctor to never even take anything in this family of medicines."

Nauseated Wade August 18, 2014

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Been taking for years for nausea from Irritable Bowel Syndrome etc. Works great and quickly! Get restless legs next day but that ends quickly. Heard that if taking it regularly long term you should have liver and kidneys monitored as it can do damage to them!"

MarkyMark3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 12, 2014

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "This medication gave me the worst experience of my life. It made me sleepy, yes. But at the same time, It sped up my mental discomfort, and it made my muscles jump. Similar to restless leg syndrome, but throughout my entire body. It was so bad they had to reverse it with Benadryl to alleviate the symptoms, And finally they gave me a mixture of Valium and Demerol to put me in a twilight state until it passed. If you have ANY medication allergies, even mild. I would strongly advise against this medication. "

P.A. in Los Angeles. (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2014

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been dealing with chronic nausea/vomiting for almost a year. I have had every test in the book and they all come back negative. I've tried medications for irritable bowel syndrome and I've tried Phenegran and Zofran. None of which worked. I also used the transdermal Scoplamine patch, which helped a little. Finally, my doctor prescribed Compazine suppository and I have had great relief of my nausea/vomiting. I hope to be able to stay on this for a long time. It is a wonder medicine."

Meeeeeeee March 30, 2014

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I suffer from occasional vomiting from acid indigestion brought on by major anxiety. I take Protonix daily for indigestion & also Buspar for anxiety which has helped drastically. However sometimes the anxiety is so extreme I will still get nausea & vomiting. That's when I go to my trusted friend Compazine. It lasts well past 8 hours & gives me time to relax & calm my anxiety (which is near to impossible to do while you are throwing up stomach acid every few minutes%u2026). I have also been prescribed Zofran which also works very well, but is a lot more expensive. I have not experienced any side effects with either medicine. Compazine has saved me more than a few times when I have an appointment I can't afford to miss & that I am anxious over."

Kitakitkaiti (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 31, 2014

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Anxiety: "I was first given Compazine in the hospital for severe nausea associated with a migraine. I suffer from migraines, generalize anxiety, and panic attacks but I was admitted to the hospital due to the worst panic attack I've ever had. They were giving me Valium, but cautiously. When the nurse gave me Compazine for the first time, my nausea and anxiety left at the same time, and quickly too. I was able to finally rest/sleep comfortably. Even though it is prescribed for nausea, I would recommend asking your Doctor about Compazine for anxiety. It will make you sleepy, but like I said, the feeling of be comfortable in my own skin for a change is worth it."

Catleen186 (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2013

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Compazine is chemically similar to Thorazine...both of which can cause extreme and sometimes dangerous reactions the in people who have risk of serotonin syndrome or sensitivities. I personally experienced rage reactions to Compazine when it was used to treat nausea from migraines. "

Carriewhohasbeenthere May 11, 2013

For Nausea/Vomiting: "Low side effect profile! However, it's a weaker anti-emetic, so I often have to rely on stronger medications instead."

hat_hat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2012

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Made me very anxious, and thoughts racing. Did nothing to ease nausea."

DJ72 June 14, 2012

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Terrible akathisia."

Anonymous April 10, 2012

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "Compazine works wonders to control my nausea. "

Anonymous March 28, 2012

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I have been suffering with gastroparesis for years, and at one point ended up in the emergency room because I was so intensely nauseated and dehydrated. Was given Compazine in IV solution, which worked wonderfully to stop the nausea. The doctor sent me home with Compazine pills, and they weren't as effective."

PlainJayne October 26, 2010

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I am currently using Compazine to combat nausea resulting from chemotherapy. It seems to work better for me than Zofran did. It does cause fatigue but that is a small price to pay for not vomiting."

Zeek78 August 23, 2010

For Nausea/Vomiting: "I have BPPV and have tried many different tablets, none of which had any effect until I tried these, which I have been taking as a preventative measure for around six months. They are great for preventing nausea (not so good at stopping nausea if it has already started - especially if you are unable to keep them down long enough!). The downside is that they do give me absolutely blinding headaches (taking lots of co-codamol helps!) which can last for a few days. Due to this, and the long term effects they can have, I try to limit the amount I take and am finding that one tablet every three days is generally doing the trick. Due to the length of time the headaches last and the length of time between taking tablets, this suggests to me that they stay in your system for a few days. As I have been an insomniac for a few years now, I cannot comment on the drowsiness. In summary, they are not perfect but are an acceptable alternative to spending my day in work vomiting and staggering round like a drunk, which happened more than once before I started taking these tablets."

Anonymous July 20, 2010

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I experienced the "restlesss, anxious" side effects from this medication and it's been almost 24 hours and I am still feeling it in my legs. My headache is gone which is great, but my legs can't stop moving."

Anonymous March 7, 2010

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I used it for sometime and it caused me temporary muscular spasms in my face. I prefer Zofran."

Anonymous February 1, 2010

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "This medication does help out a lot when you have nausea. I have taken a lot of different medications before and this is the first one in seven years that has actually worked for me. The only side effect that I get from it is being tired after taking it but it is so much better then being sick to my stomach."

Anonymous January 5, 2010

Compazine (prochlorperazine) for Nausea/Vomiting: "I was always tired and lethargic. I thought it was from the chemo I was taking but when I switched to Anzemet, I realized it was the Compazine that made me tired."

Anonymous October 16, 2009