User Reviews for Probenecid

Also known as: Benemid

Learn more about Probenecid.

Gout 2 reviews 6 medications

9.3
Adjunct to Antibiotic Therapy 0 reviews 1 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Probenecid reviews 2 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Probenecid

Review by Norman M.C.: User Rating:

Benemid (probenecid) for Gout: No side effects. This medication has been on the market for years...is time tested. It is quite effective in keeping my uric acid level acceptably low. It is inexpensive and regarded as a front line choice for the long term treatment of gout.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 23, 2013 2:28 AM
Review by sandeepk: User Rating:

probenecid for Gout: I'm 45 years old, with formal detection of gout since last 10 years and am on Probenecid now. Initially I was prescribed Allopurinol by my general physician (6 months only), but during my subsequent visit to Rheumatologist, he suggested me to get tested for ALT/AST levels which were high. On account of this my treatment was changed to Probenecid. Currently my Serum Uric Acid is on an average between 5.2 to 5.8, and occasionally it shoots up to over 6/7 if I eat excess proteins, drink beer etc.

August 28, 2009 6:40 AM