User Reviews for Mysoline

Learn more about Mysoline.

Seizures 5 reviews 40 medications

9.4
Summary of Mysoline reviews 5 reviews 9.4

Reviews for Mysoline

Review by Vol1:

For Seizures: I became ill in 1982 at age 33 with encephalitis, brain damage on temporal lobe, and grand mal seizures. The next year I was also diagnosed with Lupus in addition to epilepsy. It took 5 years and NIH treatment of 250 mg of Mysoline/ 3 times a day to control my seizures. It has been controlling my seizures and I am now 65. AARP denied my brand name Mysoline for seizures even though I was going to pay high co-pays. We pay our own insurance so this is a real problem. The worst is fighting AARP to pay their part when I know Mysoline works for 27 years. How can a person at a desk just suggest other medicines to take when your doctor and you state that this is the best one for you.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2013 10:11 AM

Review by A. Non:

For Seizures: I was prescribed this medicine back in the late 80's for seizure control. I recently stopped using this in 2010. It controlled my seizures well, but I did not realize the side effects of it. Side effects were irritability, anger, increased depression and behavior. Because I literally grew UP with this medicine, I can now see these issues after changing the medicine. My brain was built to use it during puberty/young adult. This does control seizures, and actually suppressed anxiety by slowing down all brain functions. Be aware that epilepsy is cor-morbid with depression quite often and this medicine may enhance/increase depression symptoms.

December 23, 2010 8:19 AM

Review by hhrt_7u:

For Seizures: Great!

August 26, 2009 3:15 AM

Review by irishdeb1:

For Seizures: I have been taking this medication for 30 years, and have never had a side effect or seizure. Works very well for me. No complaints.

August 12, 2009 2:02 AM

For Benign Essential Tremor: I found Mysoline effective for my essential tremor, but the side effects of tiredness, lack of energy, plus reduced sexual function (difficulty in ejaculating) is quite frustrating.

July 13, 2009 8:56 PM

For Seizures: Great Seizure control. Low side effects after first 2 weeks.

January 8, 2009 1:13 AM

Review by Elaine Tafelski:

My doctor first prescribed Mysoline for me at least 12 years ago, after attending a Medical Conference. I was unable to raise a cup to my lips, or cut the food on my dinner plate. My tremor was noticeable by family and friends. I had been checked for Parkinsons, and the results were negative. This doctor learned that this medication was taken for Essential Tremor, which was mis-diagnosed too many times by Doctors. He wanted me to try it at least. I readily accepted, to take Mysoline, and before I knew it I had results. Taking this prescription, gave me my life back. I no longer needed assitance at dinner time, or by family and friends. I live a normal life now, not ashamed to go out in public. Inderal was added with Mysoline just lately. Thanks

September 7, 2008 5:35 PM