User Reviews for Lyrica

6.7
Summary of Lyrica reviews 306 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Lyrica

Review by charmingmanuk66 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Postherpetic Neuralgia: I had an attack of shingles last December. I experienced the typical symptoms: rash, burning pain, itching etc. After the scabs had dried I was put on Lyrica to ease the nerve pain. Have to say that it worked for me. I am a healthy 46 year old male. The side effects were some fuzziness and weight gain. This may have been due to lack of movement and also the Christmas eating but I put on 3 kilos in two weeks which is a lot for me. I am feeling that I would like to come off it so will reduce dosage and see what happens. At first I was nervous about taking this but it has notably reduced the pain to practically nothing.

January 3, 2013 9:24 AM

Review by Kimberley1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Neuralgia: I find that Lyrica has helped a lot with my sciatic pain. I am able to move better with less pain.

December 29, 2012 8:22 PM

Review by mrbuttersgal (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Fibromyalgia: Lyrica really helps but the cost is almost getting to be too much.

December 29, 2012 12:51 AM

Review by Angel1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Fibromyalgia: It helps with my seizures as well as my fibromyalgia so I've always been really happy with my Lyrica. I've been on it for years now.

October 30, 2012 10:45 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome: I've found this medication to be helpful in calming down the sharp pains I feel throughout my body. I notice that at the site of my initial injury (foot), I still have constant pain, but the pain has decreased. I also notice that if I'm stressed the medication seems to not work as well so I don't know if I need the dosage increased, but there is a major difference in how much pain I feel. I do not like the side effects, but which would I rather have - sharp pains or side effects? For me they're headaches, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, odd stomach upsets initially after taking the medication, unfocused attention, euphoria, and that "high" feeling. I don't get all of these side effects each time I take it but it can be any of them.

October 29, 2012 2:16 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Fibromyalgia: I was put on Lyrica by my anesthetist for post operative pain control following a revision of a Dupuy metal on metal hip. Has certainly helped the pain in this and the other hip and reduced the muscle spasms I was experiencing. However side effects have increased with use and I have severe visual disturbance, foggy mind and forgetfulness. I was on 150mg 3 times a day and tried to stop. Big mistake severe cold turkey with shaking nausea and panic attacks. Now trying to come off slowly but really struggling with the side effects.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 21, 2012 1:33 PM

Review by Don K. (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: This works within 30 mins. After the first pill my legs stopped burning and tingling one of the only medicines I ever found that worked so fast.

September 19, 2012 9:11 PM

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: Extremely drowsy, no difference in pain

September 8, 2012 2:47 PM

Review by fibromom69 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Fibromyalgia: Can't live without this! Lyrica is amazing. Had one doctor add in gabapentin to my cocktail and it helped some, so he put me solely on gabapentin and off the lyrica. It didn't take long before my pain levels started to spike. Now I am back on Lyrica 100mg 2xday and I am so much better!

September 7, 2012 3:15 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: My husband suffers from neuropathy and his Dr put him on Lyrica 75mg twice a day. The side effects were horrible, he had to stop taking it immediately. He was dizzy, had headaches, off balance, couldn't judge distance, and it looked to him like the walls and floors were moving.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 25, 2012 6:07 PM

Review by WasntMee (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Neuralgia: I had occipital nerve damage with pressure in my inner ear. Pressure is gradually lowered enabling me to exert myself for about 4 hours but exhausted. I now take 225 mg twice daily and cannot miss one dose. Nothing else worked. I took up to 600 mg but found no difference in relief so I am on the 225 twice daily. This is one medication that does not mix well with alcohol. It induces a coma like state that lasts for 30 minutes and longer. I was drinking beer and only had 3 beers in 2 hours. Then BOOM goes the dynamite! But am aware of everything going around me but can't move or respond. When it's over, it's over and I am vertical again. So now I know why the ad states avoid alcohol!

August 20, 2012 2:05 PM

For Fibromyalgia: Lyrica put me into a more restful sleep. Waking up at 5:30am for work is very difficult on this medication and I feel fatigued still throughout the day. I still ache from my fibromyaliga on this medication. I can't remember how long I was on this medication. I went off it and started taking Savella. Savella took care of the pain from the condition but now I'm having side effects from the medicine. Now I don't know what I'm going to take.

August 8, 2012 9:44 AM

Review by heres hoping (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Fibromyalgia: I started on Lyrica 6 weeks ago started on 25mg for one week, then to 50mg for one week, and then 75 mg twice a day but, but that high didn't suit me so I took a 75mg in the morning and 50mg in the evening. Currently I'm feeling spaced all the time, gaining weight each day, and kind of depressed, but my psychiatrist said that could be anxiety coming through. I have been taking Xanax also for about 6 years, before that I was tried on Lexapro and went crazy on it. Also the Xanax was a disaster long term, as they become very addictive. Well the moral of the story is I'm praying for the Lyrica to work.

July 30, 2012 2:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Fibromyalgia: This medication left me unable to think coherently and I had difficulty talking. It was like being around a drunk. I had to stop it after a month because I work in a school and was unable to converse adequately with parents/students/staff.

July 29, 2012 12:21 PM

Review by ellebi (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Definitely helps with anxiety when combined with an SSRI.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 26, 2012 9:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Fibromyalgia: I have only been diagnosed for about a year now. I have completely lost my life due to fibromyalgia pain. My doctor started me on Cymbalta, which worked for awhile but then stopped, then put me on Lyrica without weaning me off Cymbalta....WITHDRAWALS hello. Had to start again and wean off while also taking Lyrica. The Lyrica seemed to help at first too, then wham just like everything else, stopped working....EXCEPT on weight gain and brain fog. I was a zombie. So now I'm worsening day by day even though I try to stay active have cut all caffeine, etc. because my doctors just don't believe pain medicines help and say there isn't much else they can do for me. Glad for the people it has helped.

July 10, 2012 6:52 PM

Review by Rabbitini (taken for less than 1 month):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I have been taking Lyrica (pregabalin) now for only three days but I felt the effects immediately upon starting, and not a week later like is assumed. I am trying it for GAD (general anxiety disorder) after trying antidepressants; I tried SSRI's like Paxil and Lexapro and these were horrible failures. The SSRI's made me suicidal BUT Lyrica seems to really be doing the trick! The weight of anxiety is totally gone, and I feel somehow stronger and more self confident, although the feeling is a little manic at times and irregular, like feeling quite drowsy, then quite manic, in a short period of time. But I am assuming that this might stabilize after a few more days. So far I feel like a new person!

June 17, 2012 5:11 AM

Review by timmym (taken for less than 1 month):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is very good for my generalized anxiety disorder along with olanzapine. I take 100mg at night, it helps me sleep too.

May 27, 2012 11:39 AM

For Fibromyalgia: Very helpful - cannot miss a dose however. Need to find out how high dosage can go - now on 200 mg twice a day.

May 23, 2012 4:10 PM

Review by Denau (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Fibromyalgia: I started taking Lyrica 4 months ago. I am always anxious when taking a new medicine as I am also on Paxil, which is horrible if I do not have a dose within 24 hours. Within an hour I felt 'weird' like I do if i miss a dose of Paxil. That feeling subsided throughout the day. Over the next days I did feel quite vague and forgetful (like I couldn't remember my bank account number, which I use daily). Again I persisted, taking 75mg twice a day, on waking and then at 2pm. I noticed an increase in energy and a decrease in pain.

May 9, 2012 9:03 PM

Review by sheilvia (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Fibromyalgia: Lyrica works well on my chronic neck pain which I have had for 4 years. But I have gained about 30 pounds so am considering trying Neurontin to see if effects are the same but without the weight gain!

May 3, 2012 11:47 PM

Review by Gma Rose (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Fibromyalgia: I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2005 along with arthritis throughout and mixed connective tissue disease. Because of a bone marrow disorder I have severe osteoporosis. I've been on Neurontin, Morphine, and Vicodin for 7 years and though it did help some, it didn't take away the pain from Fibromyalgia. 5 weeks ago we changed from Neurontin to Lyrica and I had immediate relief. I'm angry that I wasted away 5 years of my life in pain that could have been alleviated had I changed meds earlier. I did put on 7 pounds in the first month and have peripheral edema so I joined the YMCA to exercise and lose the fluid retained.

April 30, 2012 9:49 AM

Review by hollysleeps:

For Fibromyalgia: I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia three years ago. when it started to get worse (about two years ago) my life came to a halt. I almost never left my bed and I moved as little as possible because the pain was so severe. My doctor prescribed Lyrica for me and it changed my life. I still have good and bad days, but I can bear the bad days because of Lyrica. It gave me my life back. When I first took it, I did have the "high" feeling the side effects mention, but it was only my first two doses. Also, I HAVE to take it with food, otherwise I get extremely nauseous and dizzy. I have gained a lot of weight (about 40 lbs), but I also have CFS which has caused me to have a very sedentary lifestyle. overall, Lyrica saved my life.

April 18, 2012 2:00 PM

For Fibromyalgia: I have had fibroymalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, and was hit by a hit and run driver on my bicycle and have taken many different pain medications including Lortab 10 mg, and have had considerably more pain relief from Lyrica than any other medication I have taken.

April 15, 2012 2:18 AM

Review by chefathome:

For Fibromyalgia: Like most others, I've tried everything possible for fibromyalgia over the past several years. I also have 3 herniated discs and chronic back pain. I tried Lyrica in the past and it did not help. Two years later I tried it again and in fact am still on 300 mg/day in combination with Flexeril 10 mg at night. It helped to take the edge off for about a month then suddenly stopped working. As I am going on a vacation soon, I am not beginning to wean off yet as I will wait until we return. Perhaps increasing the dosage would help? We will see. So far all I had was a month with a little less pain and am having a hard time maintaining my weight. My memory loss and grasping for words has also noticeably increased (and I am young).

April 14, 2012 12:07 PM