User Reviews for Lyrica

Postherpetic Neuralgia 13 reviews 40 medications

6.5
Summary of Lyrica reviews 312 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica for a week now, 150 mg only at night and have not felt this good in three years. I am move active. I have not gain any weight yet, but hopefully be as active as I am now I will lose weight."

DianaBarbara February 2, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "This is my first ever review on this site, but felt it was necessary. I have Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis, and I am only 21 years old. I have been on Lyrica for about 2 months, best 2 months of my life. I have tried every medicine you could think of, minus pain killers. I am no longer constantly fatigued, anxiety, paranoia, pain levels drastically dropped, for the first time in my life I actually have thoughts racing through my brain, not one single panic attack, list goes on. I know a lot of people want to hear this, I have LOST weight like crazy, and have same sex drive. Try this before ANY antidepressant. Talking is sometimes harder for me, small price to pay though. I couldn't be happier with my life."

G-MEN January 29, 2013

138 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking this at 150mg twice a day with some relief of pain, no side effects. I've recently increased to 225mg twice a day, which is the maximum dosage. I'm experiencing vertigo, sleepiness, and weight gain, but virtually no pain. My doctor feels the results out-weigh the side-effects and I agree."

cat_brook (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 26, 2013

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have type 1 diabetes for 25 yrs. Neuropathy diagnosis for 16 yrs. Was on gabapentin for 16 yrs and it quit working for me. 2 months ago my doctor put me on Lyrica and what a difference my pain in feet and legs is all but gone! Thank you Pfizer for Lyrica it has made such a difference in my quality of life!"

chris 74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "It worked to reduce the pain around my neck and head, but made me tired and did not help pain in other areas."

Minders8 January 9, 2013

For Neuralgia "After suffering from horrible post herpatic neuralgia in the trigeminal nerves on the left side of my face, I went to a neurologist who put me on Lyrica. A small dose of 50 mg each night keeps my symptoms under control. I tried adding a morning dose, but it made me giggle at inappropriate times, so I went back to only taking it at night. For over two years my pain has been controlled well. One night I forgot to take my medicine and the next day I had a painful attack. I'll never forget it again! I'm so thankful for this medicine. There are so many other medicines that I tried and could not take, but this one works great for me."

Mammaj (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica has helped my fibromyalgia more than I could have imagined! It also started working(for me) the day after I took it. I definitely recommend it!"

JenLynn1013 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2013

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had an attack of shingles last December. I experienced the typical symptoms: rash, burning pain, itching etc. After the scabs had dried I was put on Lyrica to ease the nerve pain. Have to say that it worked for me. I am a healthy 46 year old male. The side effects were some fuzziness and weight gain. This may have been due to lack of movement and also the Christmas eating but I put on 3 kilos in two weeks which is a lot for me. I am feeling that I would like to come off it so will reduce dosage and see what happens. At first I was nervous about taking this but it has notably reduced the pain to practically nothing."

charmingmanuk66 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2013

For Neuralgia "I find that Lyrica has helped a lot with my sciatic pain. I am able to move better with less pain."

Kimberley1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica really helps but the cost is almost getting to be too much. "

mrbuttersgal (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "It helps with my seizures as well as my fibromyalgia so I've always been really happy with my Lyrica. I've been on it for years now."

Angel1980 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2012

For Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome "I've found this medication to be helpful in calming down the sharp pains I feel throughout my body. I notice that at the site of my initial injury (foot), I still have constant pain, but the pain has decreased. I also notice that if I'm stressed the medication seems to not work as well so I don't know if I need the dosage increased, but there is a major difference in how much pain I feel. I do not like the side effects, but which would I rather have - sharp pains or side effects? For me they're headaches, drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, odd stomach upsets initially after taking the medication, unfocused attention, euphoria, and that "high" feeling. I don't get all of these side effects each time I take it but it can be any of them."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 29, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I was put on Lyrica by my anesthetist for post operative pain control following a revision of a Dupuy metal on metal hip. Has certainly helped the pain in this and the other hip and reduced the muscle spasms I was experiencing. However side effects have increased with use and I have severe visual disturbance, foggy mind and forgetfulness. I was on 150mg 3 times a day and tried to stop. Big mistake severe cold turkey with shaking nausea and panic attacks. Now trying to come off slowly but really struggling with the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2012

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "This works within 30 mins. After the first pill my legs stopped burning and tingling one of the only medicines I ever found that worked so fast."

Don K. (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 19, 2012

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "Extremely drowsy, no difference in pain"

Anonymous September 8, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Can't live without this! Lyrica is amazing. Had one doctor add in gabapentin to my cocktail and it helped some, so he put me solely on gabapentin and off the lyrica. It didn't take long before my pain levels started to spike. Now I am back on Lyrica 100mg 2xday and I am so much better!"

fibromom69 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 7, 2012

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "My husband suffers from neuropathy and his Dr put him on Lyrica 75mg twice a day. The side effects were horrible, he had to stop taking it immediately. He was dizzy, had headaches, off balance, couldn't judge distance, and it looked to him like the walls and floors were moving."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2012

For Neuralgia "I had occipital nerve damage with pressure in my inner ear. Pressure is gradually lowered enabling me to exert myself for about 4 hours but exhausted. I now take 225 mg twice daily and cannot miss one dose. Nothing else worked. I took up to 600 mg but found no difference in relief so I am on the 225 twice daily. This is one medication that does not mix well with alcohol. It induces a coma like state that lasts for 30 minutes and longer. I was drinking beer and only had 3 beers in 2 hours. Then BOOM goes the dynamite! But am aware of everything going around me but can't move or respond. When it's over, it's over and I am vertical again. So now I know why the ad states avoid alcohol!"

WasntMee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 20, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica put me into a more restful sleep. Waking up at 5:30am for work is very difficult on this medication and I feel fatigued still throughout the day. I still ache from my fibromyaliga on this medication. I can't remember how long I was on this medication. I went off it and started taking Savella. Savella took care of the pain from the condition but now I'm having side effects from the medicine. Now I don't know what I'm going to take."

Anonymous August 8, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I started on Lyrica 6 weeks ago started on 25mg for one week, then to 50mg for one week, and then 75 mg twice a day but, but that high didn't suit me so I took a 75mg in the morning and 50mg in the evening. Currently I'm feeling spaced all the time, gaining weight each day, and kind of depressed, but my psychiatrist said that could be anxiety coming through. I have been taking Xanax also for about 6 years, before that I was tried on Lexapro and went crazy on it. Also the Xanax was a disaster long term, as they become very addictive. Well the moral of the story is I'm praying for the Lyrica to work."

heres hoping (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "This medication left me unable to think coherently and I had difficulty talking. It was like being around a drunk. I had to stop it after a month because I work in a school and was unable to converse adequately with parents/students/staff. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2012

"Definitely helps with anxiety when combined with an SSRI."

ellebi (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "I have only been diagnosed for about a year now. I have completely lost my life due to fibromyalgia pain. My doctor started me on Cymbalta, which worked for awhile but then stopped, then put me on Lyrica without weaning me off Cymbalta....WITHDRAWALS hello. Had to start again and wean off while also taking Lyrica. The Lyrica seemed to help at first too, then wham just like everything else, stopped working....EXCEPT on weight gain and brain fog. I was a zombie. So now I'm worsening day by day even though I try to stay active have cut all caffeine, etc. because my doctors just don't believe pain medicines help and say there isn't much else they can do for me. Glad for the people it has helped."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2012

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been taking Lyrica (pregabalin) now for only three days but I felt the effects immediately upon starting, and not a week later like is assumed. I am trying it for GAD (general anxiety disorder) after trying antidepressants; I tried SSRI's like Paxil and Lexapro and these were horrible failures. The SSRI's made me suicidal BUT Lyrica seems to really be doing the trick! The weight of anxiety is totally gone, and I feel somehow stronger and more self confident, although the feeling is a little manic at times and irregular, like feeling quite drowsy, then quite manic, in a short period of time. But I am assuming that this might stabilize after a few more days. So far I feel like a new person!"

Rabbitini (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2012

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "This is very good for my generalized anxiety disorder along with olanzapine. I take 100mg at night, it helps me sleep too."

timmym (taken for less than 1 month) May 27, 2012