User Reviews for Lyrica

Epilepsy 2 reviews 27 medications

Postherpetic Neuralgia 14 reviews 40 medications

Summary of Lyrica reviews 336 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Lyrica

For Neuropathic Pain "Works pretty well for nerve pain and numbness. I have degenerative disc disease along with several other cervical and spinal issues. I started at higher dose that had too many side effects but when my dosage was lowered I had a lot of relief."

msqueen (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 6, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Pregabalin for me was miraculous. On the first dose (75mg three times a day) my anxiety was reversed. I really thought this was too good to be true. I have tried Prozac and lorazepam at different times of my life. But as is commonly known, after the fourth or fifth trial of SSRIs, they "peter out" and actually become counter productive, even in some cases causing serotonin syndrome. But about two years ago, I was in a very stressful marriage break-up and was taking benzodiazepines to keep the lid on the anxiety, with little effect. The GP respected my wish to try Lyrica. I was and still am, after two years, astounded by this transformation. I feel like I always felt I should feel. A cessation of anxiety and a sense of well being pervades. "

francisco de la cruz July 31, 2013

191 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine reduced the pain but immediately caused severe swelling of the legs and feet.I also had constant dizziness.I could not tolerate the swelling and weight gain."

browneyedlana (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 17, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I was taking only 75mg per day of Lyrica for Fibromyalgia pain. I found it to be very helpful to me and helped me to get much needed rest at night. I took my dosage at night 2 - 3 hours before bed. My only issue with it was there were occasions where I felt a little "spacy" but overall, the pain left and I was able to carry out most of my day without significant pain. It was a very low dosage, so a lot of the side effects that some people experience could be from taking a much larger dosage. I am no longer taking it because I lost my insurance and can't afford the cost. However, I was told about Neurontin, will be starting it tomorrow and hoping to get some similar relief."

Workingonit (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2013

For Neuropathic Pain "I have a lot of nerve damage, pinched nerves, sciatic nerve damage, restless leg syndrome from head to toe, and nothing worked for these. The nerve damage got so bad, I spoke to my doctor about it and he prescribed Lyrica which took care of all the nerve damage. At first probably the first 2 months only side effect I had was a little swelling of my hands. Lyrica was a wonder miracle for me. The doctor had me on it for over 3 years with no problems, then my insurance refuses to pay for it now, because a 30 day supply is $900.00. They wanted to give me Neurontin, which I am allergic too. Now all the nerve pain is back and worse. I want the Lyrica back and would recommend it to any one."

trinapettry (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 9, 2013

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I suffer from fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis and surgically induced menopause. I am 40 years old. I have tried all medicines like Cymbalta, etc. but none really helped. My main issue has been a lack of deep restorative healing sleep as it exacerbates the fibromyalgia pain and inability to exercise. My Rhematologist has given me Lyrica to try and I have to say so far so good. I have only taken 3 doses and already I am getting a better quality sleep. So much so that my husband has noticed my improved overall state of mind. I am a little cloudy the next day but I am hoping this will ease over time. Worth the cost of a cup of coffee a day if it helps!"

Butterfly2712 (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2013

For Neuropathic Pain "I have been on Lyrica for about three weeks and I feel that my experience may help. I have chronic nerve damage in my arm and sympathetic nerve damage. If you are about to begin the Lyrica ride expect the following. You will be living in a cloud. I noticed a few reviews explained it as that, and I feel they hit the nail on the head. You literally feel drunk. "

Im Handsome (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I've had multiple spinal surgeries, and have been on methadone for about 5 years. Additionally, I've had issues with anxiety, depression, mood stability, and just being miserable most of the time. I also recently learned that I have thoracic outlet syndrome. Lyrica helped immediately with all of my pain; with the numbness from thoracic outlet syndrome, and it has a surprisingly positive psychological effect. Due to other meds, or psychological issues, I have trouble focusing, making decisions, carrying on conversation, and moving forward with decisions. Lyrica somehow makes all these issues just go away. It also makes my tinnitus (ringing in the ears) much less annoying. BUT...I had to stop taking due to side effects, fatigue."

Dan Quayle May 24, 2013

For Neuropathic Pain "I have been on Lyrica for only a few months for neuropathy pains. I also have lupus, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and gastrointestinal issues. Lyrica worked excellent the first few weeks for the neuropathic pains. After a while I noticed I started to have more lupus flares and joint irritations. It is causing me to gain weight which is a plus because my other medicines was causing me to loose weight. I have tried a lot of medication including gabapentin (3600mg daily) and Lyrica worked best overall."

Gen116 May 23, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago, I've tried many antidepressants and pain killers. I have been in withdrawal of Tramal and replacing it with Lyrica. I see it as my salvation when compared to some of the medications I have taken over the years. YES, withdrawal from any form of medication is horrific and with uncertainty and discomfort. I personally am prepared to go through this horrible time to give Lyrica it's chance to work and improve my life, as I have seen an improvement already. Thanks to those who worked so hard to make this medicine for those of us who need it, know that your work is appreciated."

Ms Teddy (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica for almost a year now and can say that it has helped tremendously. I am very active in trying to keep the fibromyalgia pain as controlled as possible and just not been able to get to a plateau of any type. After a rough adjustment period of about 5 wks I noticed a drastic change in fibro pain. I have gained a significant amount of weight but over the last three months have been able to maintain. Now I am able to start losing the weight but have to be very careful to not take in complex carbohydrates or sugars in afternoon or evening. I have gone to an almost vegetarian style diet and have noticed that the weight just starts to come off with ease but slowly. My balance and vision are the only consistent side effects that I have."

Worldlrnr May 13, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had shingles for two and a half weeks, then experienced severe nerve pain after the sores began to heal. My doctor originally prescribed Vicodin, then switched me to Lyrica in anticipation of my return to work. Lyrica was very effective at reducing the severity of the pain, but it caused me to be very drowsy. I slept for 14 hours a night, and had difficulty concentrating during the day. I would also have trouble remembering things I had done while taking Lyrica. I had to discontinue using it."

Anonymous May 10, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I was having terrible back pain and chronic all over pain when I started Lyrica. It has helped me a lot but I still have the occasional flare up. I also take Neurontin with Lyrica and this combination does a pretty decent job of helping with my pain. I have tried Cymbalta and had a horrible 3 days of dizziness that almost caused me to hit a parked car. I was trying to suck it up and go to work but ended up on the couch the entire time because every time I sat up the world spun and I felt so disoriented and off balance like I had been drinking. I am very skeptical to try anything else because of the Cymbalta episode."

t.cartwright_8630 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. I took one Lyrica pill and it caused me to hallucinate. I was afraid to take another one so I had my pharmacist dispose of the medicine for me. "

Catmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2013

For Neuropathic Pain "Helps decrease the amount of nerve pain but does not eliminate it completely. Decreases about 50%. Side effects noticed: blurred vision and constipation."

Dave6 April 23, 2013

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I started Lyrica 30 days ago and take 150mg per day. I have not received any relief in my neuropathy. I have a constant headache and my vision is fuzzy. I am hoping the Lyrica will solve these problems in 60 days or I will have to stop the medicines."

justbg (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine worked pretty well for me. I didn't realize how well it worked until I went off of it before getting pregnant. The thing I didn't like about it though was that it always made me feel like I was in a cloud. My thinking wasn't clear. I would get dizzy. I didn't notice too much of a weight gain, but there was some. In the end, I chose to try a different med (Savella) after my daughter was born and have been happier with that. Still works and fewer side effects."

krismichelle April 11, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I had to stop taking Cymbalta because my insurance would no longer cover it. After 2 months of increasing pain to the point I cried all day my Dr prescribed Lyrica after my suggestion. I think after about the 3rd day my pain had decreased dramatically. On the day I went to the Dr, my pain level was 10 and after 4 days of 75mg in morning and evening I would probably rate my pain level of 2. I hope this continues."

X Cybalta user (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

For Neuropathic Pain "I started taking Lyrica for pain from Hashimoto's disease. At first I had a lot of energy. Then, I leveled off and the fatigue is back. The pain is about 85% gone! I did experience a huge emotional roller coaster at first and even had suicidal thoughts for the first time ever. I figured it was just the adjustment period and gave it more time. It has been about 2 months now and I just wish I could figure out if it is the Lyrica causing the fatigue. I ache too much without it to test the theory."

TTTTTYYYYY March 30, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Lyrica has changed my life. I have suffered from Generalized Anxiety Disorder for 15 years. I;ve tried absolutely everything to no avail until last week when I was put on Lyrica. In fact it's not just changed my life its saved my life. "

mrshorne32 March 24, 2013

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Miracle product for Fibromyalgia. Unfortunately picked up some weight but: Do you want to be thin or have chronic pain/ be immobile? Cannot do without it. My muscles "freeze" and I have spasms if I don't take it"

Babyshoes March 18, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Definitely a lot less overall body pain. A little dizzy and sleep but benefits outweigh the side effects."

Graciehope1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I've been on Lyrica for 10 months now, it's saved my life. I'm taking 2 @ 100 mg a day and from the first day it was like flicking a light switch on my pain, which is severe pain do to lower spine accident and also developed fibromyalgia. I just want to thank all doctors that prescribe this medication because it is a life saver."

Claymann (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I hate to write this comment, but it has to be done. I have been on Lyrica for 5 years. I now take 150mg 3x day. At first this was a dream medicine f or me. It relieved the aches and body spasms almost instantly. I could sleep at night, and woke up pain free and was able to live a somewhat normal life. I did however gain 40 lbs. I am now experiencing severe depression, and I feel it is the Lyrica. I ran out once and experienced the worst withdrawal symptoms. I felt like I was dying and the pain was severe. This medicine is wonderful, but getting off of it is very hard. "

Lilyrose 1023 February 3, 2013

144 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica for a week now, 150 mg only at night and have not felt this good in three years. I am move active. I have not gain any weight yet, but hopefully be as active as I am now I will lose weight."

DianaBarbara February 2, 2013