User Reviews for Lyrica

Postherpetic Neuralgia 14 reviews 40 medications

6.7
Summary of Lyrica reviews 327 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Lyrica

For Fibromyalgia "Diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago, I've tried many antidepressants and pain killers. I have been in withdrawal of Tramal and replacing it with Lyrica. I see it as my salvation when compared to some of the medications I have taken over the years. YES, withdrawal from any form of medication is horrific and with uncertainty and discomfort. I personally am prepared to go through this horrible time to give Lyrica it's chance to work and improve my life, as I have seen an improvement already. Thanks to those who worked so hard to make this medicine for those of us who need it, know that your work is appreciated."

Ms Teddy (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica for almost a year now and can say that it has helped tremendously. I am very active in trying to keep the fibromyalgia pain as controlled as possible and just not been able to get to a plateau of any type. After a rough adjustment period of about 5 wks I noticed a drastic change in fibro pain. I have gained a significant amount of weight but over the last three months have been able to maintain. Now I am able to start losing the weight but have to be very careful to not take in complex carbohydrates or sugars in afternoon or evening. I have gone to an almost vegetarian style diet and have noticed that the weight just starts to come off with ease but slowly. My balance and vision are the only consistent side effects that I have."

Worldlrnr May 13, 2013

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had shingles for two and a half weeks, then experienced severe nerve pain after the sores began to heal. My doctor originally prescribed Vicodin, then switched me to Lyrica in anticipation of my return to work. Lyrica was very effective at reducing the severity of the pain, but it caused me to be very drowsy. I slept for 14 hours a night, and had difficulty concentrating during the day. I would also have trouble remembering things I had done while taking Lyrica. I had to discontinue using it."

Anonymous May 10, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I was having terrible back pain and chronic all over pain when I started Lyrica. It has helped me a lot but I still have the occasional flare up. I also take Neurontin with Lyrica and this combination does a pretty decent job of helping with my pain. I have tried Cymbalta and had a horrible 3 days of dizziness that almost caused me to hit a parked car. I was trying to suck it up and go to work but ended up on the couch the entire time because every time I sat up the world spun and I felt so disoriented and off balance like I had been drinking. I am very skeptical to try anything else because of the Cymbalta episode."

t.cartwright_8630 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I have fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. I took one Lyrica pill and it caused me to hallucinate. I was afraid to take another one so I had my pharmacist dispose of the medicine for me. "

Catmom (taken for less than 1 month) May 3, 2013

For Neuropathic Pain "Helps decrease the amount of nerve pain but does not eliminate it completely. Decreases about 50%. Side effects noticed: blurred vision and constipation."

Dave6 April 23, 2013

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I started Lyrica 30 days ago and take 150mg per day. I have not received any relief in my neuropathy. I have a constant headache and my vision is fuzzy. I am hoping the Lyrica will solve these problems in 60 days or I will have to stop the medicines."

justbg (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "This medicine worked pretty well for me. I didn't realize how well it worked until I went off of it before getting pregnant. The thing I didn't like about it though was that it always made me feel like I was in a cloud. My thinking wasn't clear. I would get dizzy. I didn't notice too much of a weight gain, but there was some. In the end, I chose to try a different med (Savella) after my daughter was born and have been happier with that. Still works and fewer side effects."

krismichelle April 11, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I had to stop taking Cymbalta because my insurance would no longer cover it. After 2 months of increasing pain to the point I cried all day my Dr prescribed Lyrica after my suggestion. I think after about the 3rd day my pain had decreased dramatically. On the day I went to the Dr, my pain level was 10 and after 4 days of 75mg in morning and evening I would probably rate my pain level of 2. I hope this continues."

X Cybalta user (taken for less than 1 month) April 4, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Neuropathic Pain "I started taking Lyrica for pain from Hashimoto's disease. At first I had a lot of energy. Then, I leveled off and the fatigue is back. The pain is about 85% gone! I did experience a huge emotional roller coaster at first and even had suicidal thoughts for the first time ever. I figured it was just the adjustment period and gave it more time. It has been about 2 months now and I just wish I could figure out if it is the Lyrica causing the fatigue. I ache too much without it to test the theory."

TTTTTYYYYY March 30, 2013

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Lyrica has changed my life. I have suffered from Generalized Anxiety Disorder for 15 years. I;ve tried absolutely everything to no avail until last week when I was put on Lyrica. In fact it's not just changed my life its saved my life. "

mrshorne32 March 24, 2013

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "Miracle product for Fibromyalgia. Unfortunately picked up some weight but: Do you want to be thin or have chronic pain/ be immobile? Cannot do without it. My muscles "freeze" and I have spasms if I don't take it"

Babyshoes March 18, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Definitely a lot less overall body pain. A little dizzy and sleep but benefits outweigh the side effects."

Graciehope1 (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "I've been on Lyrica for 10 months now, it's saved my life. I'm taking 2 @ 100 mg a day and from the first day it was like flicking a light switch on my pain, which is severe pain do to lower spine accident and also developed fibromyalgia. I just want to thank all doctors that prescribe this medication because it is a life saver."

Claymann (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 16, 2013

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I hate to write this comment, but it has to be done. I have been on Lyrica for 5 years. I now take 150mg 3x day. At first this was a dream medicine f or me. It relieved the aches and body spasms almost instantly. I could sleep at night, and woke up pain free and was able to live a somewhat normal life. I did however gain 40 lbs. I am now experiencing severe depression, and I feel it is the Lyrica. I ran out once and experienced the worst withdrawal symptoms. I felt like I was dying and the pain was severe. This medicine is wonderful, but getting off of it is very hard. "

Lilyrose 1023 February 3, 2013

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I have been on Lyrica for a week now, 150 mg only at night and have not felt this good in three years. I am move active. I have not gain any weight yet, but hopefully be as active as I am now I will lose weight."

DianaBarbara February 2, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "This is my first ever review on this site, but felt it was necessary. I have Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis, and I am only 21 years old. I have been on Lyrica for about 2 months, best 2 months of my life. I have tried every medicine you could think of, minus pain killers. I am no longer constantly fatigued, anxiety, paranoia, pain levels drastically dropped, for the first time in my life I actually have thoughts racing through my brain, not one single panic attack, list goes on. I know a lot of people want to hear this, I have LOST weight like crazy, and have same sex drive. Try this before ANY antidepressant. Talking is sometimes harder for me, small price to pay though. I couldn't be happier with my life."

G-MEN January 29, 2013

146 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Fibromyalgia "I started taking this at 150mg twice a day with some relief of pain, no side effects. I've recently increased to 225mg twice a day, which is the maximum dosage. I'm experiencing vertigo, sleepiness, and weight gain, but virtually no pain. My doctor feels the results out-weigh the side-effects and I agree."

cat_brook (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 26, 2013

For Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy "I have type 1 diabetes for 25 yrs. Neuropathy diagnosis for 16 yrs. Was on gabapentin for 16 yrs and it quit working for me. 2 months ago my doctor put me on Lyrica and what a difference my pain in feet and legs is all but gone! Thank you Pfizer for Lyrica it has made such a difference in my quality of life!"

chris 74 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "It worked to reduce the pain around my neck and head, but made me tired and did not help pain in other areas."

Minders8 January 9, 2013

For Neuralgia "After suffering from horrible post herpatic neuralgia in the trigeminal nerves on the left side of my face, I went to a neurologist who put me on Lyrica. A small dose of 50 mg each night keeps my symptoms under control. I tried adding a morning dose, but it made me giggle at inappropriate times, so I went back to only taking it at night. For over two years my pain has been controlled well. One night I forgot to take my medicine and the next day I had a painful attack. I'll never forget it again! I'm so thankful for this medicine. There are so many other medicines that I tried and could not take, but this one works great for me."

Mammaj (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 6, 2013

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica has helped my fibromyalgia more than I could have imagined! It also started working(for me) the day after I took it. I definitely recommend it!"

JenLynn1013 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2013

For Postherpetic Neuralgia "I had an attack of shingles last December. I experienced the typical symptoms: rash, burning pain, itching etc. After the scabs had dried I was put on Lyrica to ease the nerve pain. Have to say that it worked for me. I am a healthy 46 year old male. The side effects were some fuzziness and weight gain. This may have been due to lack of movement and also the Christmas eating but I put on 3 kilos in two weeks which is a lot for me. I am feeling that I would like to come off it so will reduce dosage and see what happens. At first I was nervous about taking this but it has notably reduced the pain to practically nothing."

charmingmanuk66 (taken for less than 1 month) January 3, 2013

For Neuralgia "I find that Lyrica has helped a lot with my sciatic pain. I am able to move better with less pain."

Kimberley1 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 29, 2012

For Fibromyalgia "Lyrica really helps but the cost is almost getting to be too much. "

mrbuttersgal (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 29, 2012