User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin review summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1832 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Pain

Review by Akester (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For severe chronic insomnia, Pregabalin does increase sleep for sure and I have regained many hours, even if it wasn't on the exact clock I planned. Combined with a good sleep-initiating medicine (i.e. trazodone), pregabalin is an even better lifesaver than alone. Next, pregabalin works quite well for benzodiazepine withdrawals. Lastly, it does work well for depression and anxiety. The downside is that it will dull cognition greatly and can also greatly increase depression at certain doses. For me, the best dose for sleep isn't great for those reasons however lowering the dosage (after a break) has provided better results. Takes experimenting with dosages.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2013 5:17 PM

Review by Penpens (taken for less than 1 month):

Just started Lyrica for extreme pain in my thoracic spine after a workplace injury causing a muscular ligamentous tear of my medial scapula. I tried every sort of pain medication available with absolutely no relief. My Dr. prescribed Lyrica for me a few days ago and about 4 hours after the first dose I noticed a change in my level of pain. Had massive side effects though such as vertigo, dizziness, light headed, blurred vision, etc. I did have a fever though from an unrelated condition so I'm not sure whether it is related to the Lyrica. I have continued taking this medication with the hope that the side effects ease and the pain remains minimal. I'm worried about weight gain that others are talking about. I've just lost 25kg, don't want it back.

July 31, 2013 6:01 AM

Review by Nicolante:

I've been taking Pregabilin for approx 4 weeks. Started on 1 x 30mg cap, twice daily but I found taking 2 x 30mg at a time eased my pain better. Doc then changed prescription to 50mg twice daily. As a painkiller it is fantastic. I've never known a painkiller like it, however one bad side effect is my swollen feet. I fear that I will have to change to something else if it continues to make my feet swell, because it is extremely uncomfortable. Another side effect is the feeling of being drunk. It does however help me to sleep. I haven't slept this well in years, though I wake up feeling groggy. I could live with all these side effects, if I could overcome the swollen feet.

June 18, 2013 6:16 PM

Very good medication. I was originally given it for fibromyalgia, but I noticed it also helps me with anxiety, and helps me sleep.

February 22, 2012 11:59 AM

Review by KyRho:

Lyrica has saved my life, just wish I'd have started taking it sooner and it would have saved my marriage. My pain is completely controlled and I am no longer taking anti-depressants. I didn't realize it helped with GAD, but it does. I actually feel human again and interact with others. It does have some side effects, can't concentrate and a drunk feeling but compared to the pain I was enduring, these side effects are worth it to me.

February 14, 2012 12:02 PM

I'm forty and have degenerative disc disease in the spine for 7 lowest discs and the usual joys of debilitating chronic pain and sciatica and physical disability. An episode of severe pain and nerve issues recently meant I was signed off for 4 weeks to rest, however during this time my whole nervous and neurological pain got worse as well as physical collapse and spread to my face hands, arms and body functionality. The lowest point in five years thus far. I was put on Pregablin 75mg /2x day and although the first week was strange with hyper elation, a foggy mind and some humorous speech issues but when it kicked in the transformation was amazing. 3 months later I'm far more stable and working fulltime. Some back pain has returned with occasional sciatica.

December 17, 2011 7:17 AM

Lyrica (pregabalin): I have taken 3 x 75mg, and amazed at how well Lyrica worked for me after only taking 1 pill. I feel like I can get comfortable for the first time in years. I have high hopes that this doesn't wear off and I can continue to feel so good. I feel like a miracle, really has helped my all over body pain that I live with for years.

November 18, 2011 1:18 PM

Review by mezzy:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I have suffered severe pain for 20 years following a motorcycle accident. During this time I have tried every sort of pain relief available to me, mainly narcotic drugs which I found as bad as the pain itself. Earlier this year I was prescribed Lyrica as far as pain relief goes...fantastic. After a few months (1x 75mg cap per day) I experienced total confusion and was unable to perform my daily tasks at work or at home. I was becoming agitated and experienced suicidal thoughts. Things returned to normal after a week or so of not taking Lyrica. Because it worked so well I am tempted to give it another go. It was just so good to not feel the pain anymore.

September 15, 2011 3:15 AM

Review by tammy251:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I was giving a lot of different pain medications, even 3 shots of morphine and my pain didn't go away. 150 mg of Lyrics twice a day and I had no pain. My vision is a little blurry and I feel bloated but I'll take that any day over the back pain.

August 12, 2011 10:49 PM

Review by TALLYCHRIS:

Lyrica (pregabalin): Truly liberating to know that LYRICA helps alleviate my chronic pain. For over 30 years my very misunderstood condition has been mistreated, and I myself much maligned. Using high dose opiates became my way to deal with it as it least they worked to a degree. BUT 3 years ago, LYRICA helped change my life. IF ONLY IT WAS AROUND A LONG TIME AGO. Lyrica works.

July 4, 2011 3:40 AM

Lyrica (pregabalin): I started having intermittent pain about two months ago all over my body. My hands, shoulders, legs, knees, feet... it all hurt. My doctorr tested for inflammatory diseases and autoimmune diseases and nothing showed up. He decided to treat me as if I have fibromyalgia and gave me Lyrica (not sure what dose but supposed to take 2x a day) this little capsule is great. I can move and actually sleep comfortably at night. Only issue is it does make me sleepy so I can only take at night but that's good for me right now.

June 1, 2011 4:31 AM

Review by janzenjan:

Lyrica (pregabalin): Started on 75mg twice daily, noticed some effect, just a tease or a promise. Upped it to 150mg twice daily and yes, it definitely works to eliminate "one level of pain", while leaving some "levels of pain" still there. I do feel side effects of feeling calm while having more motivation for projects, some slight feeling of alcohol-like impairment (not so much after less than a week of 300mg/day). I also occasionally use oral cannabis and the Lyrica potentiates it quite a bit. I'm feeling very positive about this medicine, even though it doesn't get at all levels of my pain, I like what it does do for me.

April 12, 2011 11:08 AM

Lyrica (pregabalin): I am taking 50mg but it only worked for 2 days. Pain is back and so is the numbness. I think I need a higher dosage. Side effects are headache and it triggers my migraine.

April 11, 2011 8:16 PM

Review by lymes:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I have spondylosis of the whole spine and lumbar degeneration. I've been on Lyrica for a few months 75mg 3 times a day. It helps my range of motion at my knees, helps to walk up stairs, and also no pain when push for bowl movement.

March 25, 2011 7:14 PM

Review by helpme64:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I am taking Lyrica 75 mg every night, per doctors instructions. I have had no relief for my lower back and right hip and right leg pain. I have also had my 3rd steroid injection and if anything- my pain is worse. I am so tired and desperate for relief. I feel like I have no quality of life.

March 3, 2011 10:18 AM

Review by trucklt:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I've had back pain from degenerative discs since 1998. After all the usual treatments such as chiro, physical therapy, injections, etc., I had a L4/L5 fusion on 02/09. It helped a little, but still had substantial back pain requiring Ultracet 3x per day and Lortabs when pain peaked. Have been on Lyrica 75mg 3x per day for past 11 days. Really reduced the pain the first few days, but pain came back a bit. Still, the Lyrica is helping and I've not had to take the Lortabs since starting Lyrica. I'm going to stick with Lyrica for a few more weeks before deciding to try more injections or other medicines.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2011 7:53 PM

Review by mdprather:

Lyrica (pregabalin): Finally, a medicine prescribed by my psychiatrist that is non narcotic and actually works. Due to a severe auto accident fifteen years ago, I am now 40 yrs old, and having suffered a closed head injury, fractured pelvis, 4 fractured ribs and tailbone fracture. I have suffered with chronic pain mostly my adult like. I have undergone nearly every pain management regime one can think of: Epid nerve blocks, rhizotomy, physical therapies and of course every narcotic medicine that was available. Yet within just a few months, and after all these years, Doctor and I have finally found a medication regimen that truly works! Lyrica 75 2x a day and MS 60mg 2x daily. And since starting Lyrica, my acute pain episodes are less frequent.

February 18, 2011 7:07 PM

Review by steve555:

Lyrica (pregabalin): This is a miracle medicine. My pain prior to taking this medicine was so bad. I was having a hard time waking up in the mornings cause the pain was just wearing me down. It was harder to function at work too. My imagination started running wild as I started wondering if I was going to end up on social security disability. I've had 2 back surgeries C4-C7, and started to have new pain in the T spine below the 3 level fusion. I started taking Neuronton a few months ago for my pain and it did help some, but after a few months it wasn't helping anymore. My pain was strong and deep. I just didn't have much hope in this medicine but it is AMAZING! I have my life back. It helped with my anxiety also.

January 30, 2011 12:54 AM

Review by mishy71:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I was given this medication for pain after suffering from two herniated disks. The medication worked great, but I did not know how good until my doctor took me off of it and my pain returned to its debilitated state.

December 16, 2010 7:28 PM

Lyrica (pregabalin): Have moderate fibromyalgia pain, joint pain, a bulging cervical disk and mild peripheral nerve pain. Tried it for a few months. Helped a little at 150mg day. At 300 mg I had flat mood and no libido. Gained 10lbs. Wasn't worth the dollars or the side effects. Tried it again with Cymbalta. Didn't work any better.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2010 9:59 PM

Lyrica (pregabalin): Lyrica has been a life saver for me. Prior to being prescribed Lyrica, I was living with terrible burning pain because of vulvodynia. Lyrica provided me with the relief I did not get from any other drugs. I can now enjoy life with little to no pain. I am so thankful that I was prescribed Lyrica.

August 14, 2010 11:46 PM

Lyrica (pregabalin): I took Lyrica for about 2 years and loved it. It helped my pain so much. I suffer with back pain and leg pain. I went from Topamax to Lyrica and it was a big difference. I gained weight about 20lbs, but my problem was my insurance would not cover this medicine and it doesn't have a generic. So I was having to pay almost $360.00/month for 60 pills. Couldn't afford it so I've had to go back to Topamax. Now I've lost almost 30 pounds and don't like it as much as Lyrica and it has more side effects. So stay with Lyrica if you can - it's a great medicine.

July 29, 2010 11:38 PM

Review by icybluiz:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I have a pinched sciatic nerve in my lower back due to a compression fracture, and also severe nerve damage in my left arm. After being on different narcotics that didn't work, I gave up and just lived with the aching in my arm that never stopped. My Doctor put me on Lyrica, and I swear, I started crying because I had NO pain in my arm for the first time since my accident: 5 years. Lyrica has been a God send for me. It helps both my back and my arm. When my Doctor increases the dose, the side effects go away after 2 weeks. I recommend this medicine to anybody with nerve damage.

July 21, 2010 12:10 AM

Review by cocin39:

Lyrica (pregabalin): I have been taking Lyrica for 3 months. I started at 50mg x 3. Increased to 150 x 3 times a day a month later. I have had almost no pain since starting. The side effects have been extreme dizziness, edema in the feet, weight gain (about 15lbs). At my last appointment the Doctor adjusted the dose to 50mg x 4 times a day. The dizziness comes and goes. This is a great medicine for me. I can handle dizziness at this level.

July 6, 2010 5:45 PM

Lyrica (pregabalin): I've used Lyrica 50mg and 100mg and it did not help my pain.

June 29, 2010 10:31 PM