User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Review Summary

7.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1784 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Pain

"I was prescribed this capsule when my pain in left thigh muscle became unbearable and I was not able to stand or walk. Either this, or combined first 3 days muscle relaxant made my pain vanish. I was prescribed for 15 days and after 8 days, I forgot to take one night. I felt much better next day (after not taking). As I am getting pain in knee joints, which I did not have earlier, I think, I will gradually stop it."

Navan (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2015

"This worked wonders for me but I have an allergy to it, was warmed it would make me drowsy but made me have crazy anxiety and tight-chest. Problem was it completely eliminated my sciatic and lower back pain. Couldn't cope with side effects on 75mg so dropped to 25mg, still too harsh side effects. Moved on to Gabapentin in last 48 hours which has seen back pain return but no sciatic pain or tightness. I am allergic/have a bad intolerance to caffeine and it was exactly the same reaction. Sadly due to side effects this tablet didn't work out for me"

Philni (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2015

"Been suffering with low back pain worse in the buttocks and sometimes hips. Numbness, tingling in both legs. Underwent a laminotomy for spinal compression due to synovial cyst and facet joint disease. Have a couple herniated discs, but left alone in surgery...felt I would recover from this on its own as I have very mild degenerative disc disease.. Since taking Lyrica for only 3 days at a low dose my pain has subsided enough so I could actually leave my home to go out to dinner. Pain went from about "10" at its worst down to about a m "2-3". I would say try it as it may work for you. Side effects are less than gabapention."

barney m. March 15, 2015

"I have had severe pain to the point I have lost my ability to walk and need to use a wheel chair for the past seven years. My DR. (last year) put me on Lyrica and it saved my life! I had been put on every type of pain killer and I needed a lot of them. Now I have lower doses of my pain medicines and I feel tons better! Anyone who is looking into this medication PLEASE at least try it, take it as you told to by your DR. and give it four weeks to fully work it's magic, I almost asked my DR. to take me off it, three weeks into taking it, but my wife told me to give it one more week and BOOM! she was right. It's not like anything you have ever tried! My only problem with it is it needs time to work. It's worth the wait!"

Donny_57 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 14, 2014

"For severe chronic insomnia, Pregabalin does increase sleep for sure and I have regained many hours, even if it wasn't on the exact clock I planned. Combined with a good sleep-initiating medicine (i.e. trazodone), pregabalin is an even better lifesaver than alone. Next, pregabalin works quite well for benzodiazepine withdrawals. Lastly, it does work well for depression and anxiety. The downside is that it will dull cognition greatly and can also greatly increase depression at certain doses. For me, the best dose for sleep isn't great for those reasons however lowering the dosage (after a break) has provided better results. Takes experimenting with dosages."

Akester (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2013

"Just started Lyrica for extreme pain in my thoracic spine after a workplace injury causing a muscular ligamentous tear of my medial scapula. I tried every sort of pain medication available with absolutely no relief. My Dr. prescribed Lyrica for me a few days ago and about 4 hours after the first dose I noticed a change in my level of pain. Had massive side effects though such as vertigo, dizziness, light headed, blurred vision, etc. I did have a fever though from an unrelated condition so I'm not sure whether it is related to the Lyrica. I have continued taking this medication with the hope that the side effects ease and the pain remains minimal. I'm worried about weight gain that others are talking about. I've just lost 25kg, don't want it back."

Penpens (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2013

"I've been taking Pregabilin for approx 4 weeks. Started on 1 x 30mg cap, twice daily but I found taking 2 x 30mg at a time eased my pain better. Doc then changed prescription to 50mg twice daily. As a painkiller it is fantastic. I've never known a painkiller like it, however one bad side effect is my swollen feet. I fear that I will have to change to something else if it continues to make my feet swell, because it is extremely uncomfortable. Another side effect is the feeling of being drunk. It does however help me to sleep. I haven't slept this well in years, though I wake up feeling groggy. I could live with all these side effects, if I could overcome the swollen feet."

Nicolante June 18, 2013

"Very good medication. I was originally given it for fibromyalgia, but I noticed it also helps me with anxiety, and helps me sleep."

Anonymous February 22, 2012

"Lyrica has saved my life, just wish I'd have started taking it sooner and it would have saved my marriage. My pain is completely controlled and I am no longer taking anti-depressants. I didn't realize it helped with GAD, but it does. I actually feel human again and interact with others. It does have some side effects, can't concentrate and a drunk feeling but compared to the pain I was enduring, these side effects are worth it to me."

KyRho February 14, 2012

"I'm forty and have degenerative disc disease in the spine for 7 lowest discs and the usual joys of debilitating chronic pain and sciatica and physical disability. An episode of severe pain and nerve issues recently meant I was signed off for 4 weeks to rest, however during this time my whole nervous and neurological pain got worse as well as physical collapse and spread to my face hands, arms and body functionality. The lowest point in five years thus far. I was put on Pregablin 75mg /2x day and although the first week was strange with hyper elation, a foggy mind and some humorous speech issues but when it kicked in the transformation was amazing. 3 months later I'm far more stable and working fulltime. Some back pain has returned with occasional sciatica."

Anonymous December 17, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I have taken 3 x 75mg, and amazed at how well Lyrica worked for me after only taking 1 pill. I feel like I can get comfortable for the first time in years. I have high hopes that this doesn't wear off and I can continue to feel so good. I feel like a miracle, really has helped my all over body pain that I live with for years."

Anonymous November 18, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I have suffered severe pain for 20 years following a motorcycle accident. During this time I have tried every sort of pain relief available to me, mainly narcotic drugs which I found as bad as the pain itself. Earlier this year I was prescribed Lyrica as far as pain relief goes...fantastic. After a few months (1x 75mg cap per day) I experienced total confusion and was unable to perform my daily tasks at work or at home. I was becoming agitated and experienced suicidal thoughts. Things returned to normal after a week or so of not taking Lyrica. Because it worked so well I am tempted to give it another go. It was just so good to not feel the pain anymore."

mezzy September 15, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I was giving a lot of different pain medications, even 3 shots of morphine and my pain didn't go away. 150 mg of Lyrics twice a day and I had no pain. My vision is a little blurry and I feel bloated but I'll take that any day over the back pain."

tammy251 August 12, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "Truly liberating to know that LYRICA helps alleviate my chronic pain. For over 30 years my very misunderstood condition has been mistreated, and I myself much maligned. Using high dose opiates became my way to deal with it as it least they worked to a degree. BUT 3 years ago, LYRICA helped change my life. IF ONLY IT WAS AROUND A LONG TIME AGO. Lyrica works."

TALLYCHRIS July 4, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I started having intermittent pain about two months ago all over my body. My hands, shoulders, legs, knees, feet... it all hurt. My doctorr tested for inflammatory diseases and autoimmune diseases and nothing showed up. He decided to treat me as if I have fibromyalgia and gave me Lyrica (not sure what dose but supposed to take 2x a day) this little capsule is great. I can move and actually sleep comfortably at night. Only issue is it does make me sleepy so I can only take at night but that's good for me right now."

Anonymous June 1, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "Started on 75mg twice daily, noticed some effect, just a tease or a promise. Upped it to 150mg twice daily and yes, it definitely works to eliminate "one level of pain", while leaving some "levels of pain" still there. I do feel side effects of feeling calm while having more motivation for projects, some slight feeling of alcohol-like impairment (not so much after less than a week of 300mg/day). I also occasionally use oral cannabis and the Lyrica potentiates it quite a bit. I'm feeling very positive about this medicine, even though it doesn't get at all levels of my pain, I like what it does do for me."

janzenjan April 12, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I am taking 50mg but it only worked for 2 days. Pain is back and so is the numbness. I think I need a higher dosage. Side effects are headache and it triggers my migraine."

Anonymous April 11, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I have spondylosis of the whole spine and lumbar degeneration. I've been on Lyrica for a few months 75mg 3 times a day. It helps my range of motion at my knees, helps to walk up stairs, and also no pain when push for bowl movement."

lymes March 25, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I am taking Lyrica 75 mg every night, per doctors instructions. I have had no relief for my lower back and right hip and right leg pain. I have also had my 3rd steroid injection and if anything- my pain is worse. I am so tired and desperate for relief. I feel like I have no quality of life."

helpme64 March 3, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I've had back pain from degenerative discs since 1998. After all the usual treatments such as chiro, physical therapy, injections, etc., I had a L4/L5 fusion on 02/09. It helped a little, but still had substantial back pain requiring Ultracet 3x per day and Lortabs when pain peaked. Have been on Lyrica 75mg 3x per day for past 11 days. Really reduced the pain the first few days, but pain came back a bit. Still, the Lyrica is helping and I've not had to take the Lortabs since starting Lyrica. I'm going to stick with Lyrica for a few more weeks before deciding to try more injections or other medicines."

trucklt February 22, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "Finally, a medicine prescribed by my psychiatrist that is non narcotic and actually works. Due to a severe auto accident fifteen years ago, I am now 40 yrs old, and having suffered a closed head injury, fractured pelvis, 4 fractured ribs and tailbone fracture. I have suffered with chronic pain mostly my adult like. I have undergone nearly every pain management regime one can think of: Epid nerve blocks, rhizotomy, physical therapies and of course every narcotic medicine that was available. Yet within just a few months, and after all these years, Doctor and I have finally found a medication regimen that truly works! Lyrica 75 2x a day and MS 60mg 2x daily. And since starting Lyrica, my acute pain episodes are less frequent."

mdprather February 18, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "This is a miracle medicine. My pain prior to taking this medicine was so bad. I was having a hard time waking up in the mornings cause the pain was just wearing me down. It was harder to function at work too. My imagination started running wild as I started wondering if I was going to end up on social security disability. I've had 2 back surgeries C4-C7, and started to have new pain in the T spine below the 3 level fusion. I started taking Neuronton a few months ago for my pain and it did help some, but after a few months it wasn't helping anymore. My pain was strong and deep. I just didn't have much hope in this medicine but it is AMAZING! I have my life back. It helped with my anxiety also."

steve555 January 30, 2011

Lyrica (pregabalin): "I was given this medication for pain after suffering from two herniated disks. The medication worked great, but I did not know how good until my doctor took me off of it and my pain returned to its debilitated state."

mishy71 December 16, 2010

Lyrica (pregabalin): "Have moderate fibromyalgia pain, joint pain, a bulging cervical disk and mild peripheral nerve pain. Tried it for a few months. Helped a little at 150mg day. At 300 mg I had flat mood and no libido. Gained 10lbs. Wasn't worth the dollars or the side effects. Tried it again with Cymbalta. Didn't work any better."

Anonymous November 6, 2010

Lyrica (pregabalin): "Lyrica has been a life saver for me. Prior to being prescribed Lyrica, I was living with terrible burning pain because of vulvodynia. Lyrica provided me with the relief I did not get from any other drugs. I can now enjoy life with little to no pain. I am so thankful that I was prescribed Lyrica."

Anonymous August 14, 2010