User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Review Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 7 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

"I LOVE LYRICA. I started about a month ago on 75mg with no allergic reaction but felt really weird and out of it. I also take Lamotrigine 100 mg am and pm so perhaps some sort of interaction? I have Bipolar 2 depressive emphasis and traits of BPD. I stopped taking the Lyrica and asked my GP for 50mg. I have been taking 50 mg morning an evening for about three weeks and I have never felt better. Took about a week to really feel a difference. I cannot remember a time when I felt so good. Well I can but I had to give up sugar, carbs, alchohol, practice meditation and exercise.... I am calmer and I sleep so well, seven hour stretches!!! I'm also finding my mood lifting and so am more productive a appropriatly sociable. Helenx"

Lyrical Helen August 25, 2015

"I injured my back in 1991 which lead to 2 major spinal fusions . After the fusions i became depressed. Subsequently , I was put on Cymbalta 60 mg and a various array of pain medication . One year later , I was diagnosed with bowel cancer at 40 and a year after that , prostate cancer . After 11 operations I was depressed and very very sore. both in the abdomen and of course the spine . I drank and drank . It seemed like the only thing that would ameliorate the pain. Three months ago my GP started me on Lyrica . After 3 days , pain was gone, also my anxiety seemed to just hop up and walk away . Im only drinking a few beers on a saturday now. Lyrica saved my life . I dont say that flippantly ."

jack of all trades (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2015

"I was diagnosed with GAD three years ago. It began each morning with a small 'knot' in my stomach and then spread during the day causing tightness if chest, throat and often tension down my arms. It was stupid because there seemed to be no trigger, I just felt tension and worry all day. I was placed on a number of drugs, nothing worked. Busiprone helped but I remained anxious for no valid reason. About 18 months ago my doctor gave me Lyrica to try. Within a couple of days everything returned to normal I was even a bit euphoric but that subsided in a week or so. I started out taking Lyrica 50mg twice a day along with 20mg Busiprone twice a day. I have had to increase dosage over time and now take 200mg a day along with 40mg Busiprone."

Cutshot (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 12, 2015

"I'm 63 and have struggled with depression and anxiety, starting at age 30. In late March 2015 a significant life event occurred that sent me spiraling downhill. Extreme anxiety, depression, suicidal thoughts. The worst episode ever. Dr. prescribed 150mg Lyrica. I began taking it on June 11. By noon on June 13 I felt incredibly good, invincible ,euphoric. Weird in that I just felt SO GOOD, almost too good, Then side effects hit. Bad dizziness, but still felt good mentally. Cut the dose to 100mg. Over the next 2 weeks side effects resolved themselves. No weight gain. The artificial high dissipated. What I'm left with is this...NORMAL LIFE. Lyrica gave me my life back. Pray it works for others as well as it's worked for me."

mt014 August 11, 2015

"I was put on 300mg per day about two years ago. 150mg in the morning and the same at night. This was to treat anxiety. With therapy and some other meds I am now slowly decreasing the dose with the help of my doctor. I must say Lyrica really help my anxiety. I have given it a nine out ten because I know if I miss one it hits me a bit hard a couple of days later.... Withdrawal is a bit weird."

Mel86 August 4, 2015

"Very effective for anxiety if you want to avoid the benzodiazepines. A lot less addictive and habit forming. Only thing is tolerance is very noticeable"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

"Only took one prescribed dose with real bad reaction. Ended up in hospital with dangerously slow heart rate. Unable to talk, walk or stand, it felt like I had a stroke. Severe joint pain and urinary retention developed within 24 hours and I found it incredibly difficult to remain conscious. Hospital staff did not recognise the symptoms as an adverse effect of the medication, even though I handed them the advisory notes from the medication, and treated me as though I was just having an anxiety attack or attention seeking. It wasn't until I was discharged and read up on the medication that I was able to confirm that all the symptoms I had were listed as side effects. needless to say I did not take any more."

tortietams (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

"I suffer panic disorder that limits my social interactions to the point that I can not leave the home or see anyone, been suffering from this since childhood, I am now 32 furthermore I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. I have taken many types of medication including venlalic (venlafaxine) which I have been taking for over 12 years (225mg daily) I was told about pregabalin from a friend and asked my Psychiatrist if I could start them, she agreed to start me on 75mg twice daily, the first couple of days I felt like I had drank a few beers as my balance was off and also things seemed funny to me ( in a good way ) that soon subsided. Pregabalin has been the best thing I have ever been on, just hope it carries on working !"

Tom1983 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2015

"I have therapy through mental health team and I have been suffering anxiety along with depression and my therapist thinks I am also showing signs of Borderline Personality Disorder yet I've not had a diagnosis yet. Pregabalin were prescribed 3 x daily by the mental health team doctor along with 3 x Prozac daily and I am just having Pregabalin for 14 days. They have slowly chilled me out a little and this is day 3 of them. I did feel spaced out and drowsy at first which the doctor said would probably happen but I am slowly getting used to them."

Alison1979 March 27, 2015

"I have started this medication again under a Pain Specialist. I am very sensitive to meds so he has started me off on a very low dose of 25mg which I will gradually increase over weeks. The first time I took this was a 75mg dose and I had memory loss in what felt like blocks of time, it scared me so much I only took it twice. e.g. I would make a cup of tea to sit down and find I had already made one lol n I drove to the shopping centre n could not remember that I'd just driven there. Last night was the first time in a year that nerve pain in my arm from frozen shoulder eased significantly also my anxiousness which has been gradually getting worse seems to have eased and I don't feel stressed about my day ahead going out in public."

Katler March 25, 2015

"I have been taking Lyrica for about a year for Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I began taking 100mg a day and noticed a marked improvement within a day or two. But I am now taking 300mg a day. I went form 100mg - 200mg and now 300mg. I am afraid my body seems to adapt and I need a higher dosage.. Not sure where this is taking me."

JimmyTietom (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 24, 2015

"I've been on this medication for 6 months! After spending years with chronic anxiety and severe depression leading to several hospital admissions and long periods of time of not wanting to go out or do anything. Over my near on 20 years of suffering and it really has impacted on my life and those I love. After years of being a long term sufferer I know there are triggers but I've never been able to control the symptoms that over took me even though I've tried to fight it and fight hard. I'm pleased to say that pregablin has really helped me, not with depression but definitely with anxiety! I had a bad experience which left me unable to breathe stand for 3 days until I went to hospital I was prescribed these meds and I was functioning again!"

Emx (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2015

"I was prescribed Lyrica 2p/day for pain, I've autoimmune inflammatory arthritis. I almost immediately noticed a complete change in my mood, which was anxious, severly depressed and at times suicidal. In time I figured out it was the Lyrica. Even though I still had pain in problematic joints I felt alive and relaxed and hopeful for the first time in what felt like years! My relationship with my husband and my baby (with whom I have had terrible difficulties bonding/guilt/PND. I've started having fun with her, I have finally somehow managed to stop fretting about what I think went wrong/I could've done better and started to enjoy now. The only problem I have with this, and the reason my Rheumatologist won't give more is WEIGHT GAIN."

Nadz21 January 31, 2015

"An amazing experience, I feel I came out of prison. I am a new man. "

TRt123123 December 26, 2014

"I was prescribed Pregabalin by my GP for anxiety disorder. I am 27 and have had anxiety since a teenager. I have never tried meds before. I have just gone up to 600mg. I have definitely experienced side effects (blurred vision/dizziness/drowsiness). The side effects do wear off but it does take some perseverance in the beginning to get to grips with it. I felt 'out of it' for a few days. I definitely feel less anxious. It's hard to tell how well it is working but I definitely have the ability to look at 'stressful' and 'anxious' situations with far more clarity. I am a designer and I always worried if taking meds would suppress my creativity but in fact - I think it helps me to have more confidence in my ideas."

Chich (taken for less than 1 month) November 29, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Amazing. Stable on 450mg for a few months. Brought back colour into my life."

Maggie May 60 July 17, 2014

"It didn't work."

Br32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2014

"I feel compelled to write a review on Pregabalin, and having been on the medicine for nearly a year now, I feel I can fully evaluate its effects. I was put on Pregabalin for generalized anxiety disorder and seasonal affective disorder by my Doctor. At first I was put on a very low dose of 75mg, which did next to nothing. I immediately requested to have the dose increased until finally I reached a dose that was effective enough for me (600mg). For a while the medicine did its job and I actually felt like my anxiety had been reversed. I suffer bad social anxiety, and 300mg of this made me quite extroverted and confident. I would say it was 'pro social' for sure. Alas tolerance set in and now even 800mg doesn't do much of anything apart from prevent withdrawals."

cmack2209 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was suffering from persistent nausea. I lost a lot of weight as eating was difficult. I had many tests and my doctor concluded the problem was mental, not physical. He prescribed Pregabalin, 75mg twice a day, and the improvement came almost immediately. I feel much calmer, much reduced anxiety, have my appetite back, and the nausea mostly eliminated. I would strongly recommend this medicine. It does make you want to eat, but this was a boon at first as I had lost a lot of weight, but no other side effects as far as I can tell. Maybe a bit of drowsiness. This medicine gave me my life back so give it a go if you have run out of other ideas."

smilingalbert (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2014

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"1) Severe anxiety; 2) social anxiety disorder; 3) major depressive disorder. I take 75 mg along with 20mg Escitalopram, 60mg Mirtazapine, 2mg Alprazolam Tried before: sertraline 7/10 (maybe the best for me); paroxetine; venlafaxine; duloxetine; "Parnate" (didn't help with anxiety); lithium, lamotrigine, "Depakote" (all ineffective); clomipramine (increased anxiety). Clonazepam and diazepam. I ask my doc about pregabalin because I'm concerned about benzodiazepine. The more I take the more I need. I've taken for 5 weeks and I feel a little better. The goal is to decrease the dose of Alprazolam. I will make it slowly. Before it was impossible; now I see it's not. After a couple of months I'll be back for news. Be strong, friends."

Br32 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 19, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have suffered with severe anxiety and depression for years. I tried 6 different antidepressants as well as benzodiazepines and all did nothing for me of any help. Eventually I was put on Pregabalin by a Psychiatrist and it was very helpful almost from day one. We increased my dose until I take the maximum of 300mg twice a day. At this dose my anxiety has been pretty much eliminated, I am happy and now an active person. However a word of warning to anybody taking this medicine for a long time: DO NOT allow yourself to suddenly withdraw from it. I recently had to go a week without it and it was a living hell for me. Withdrawal symptoms for me were as follows: severe anxiety and depression, suicidal ideation, inability to sleep, nausea and vomiting"

Sircrag (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 1, 2014

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Lyrica has been incredible for my anxiety! Within just a couple days I was running errands without needing to have someone with me due to anxiety, I was doing chores which I without a second thought often delayed and I was enjoying my life and time with my children. I was prescribed pregablin for Fibromyalgia pain and I can't say I've noticed a difference with pain but its done EVERYTHING for my anxiety! I am way less irritable and moody and feel like I can actually enjoy living a happy and complete life for once without worry, fear or nervousness. I went from being a procrastinating home body to a normal feeling, confident person! My side effects have been blurred vision, sometimes a little sleepy and dizziness. Its 100% worth trying!!"

Char B. (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2014

180 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Gradually increased dose to 450mg which helped a bit with anxiety but gave me stomach cramp so had to discontinue."

ali2122212 (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2014

"Good for generalized anxiety disorder but side effects were bad."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2014

"I had anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and tried many medicines before pregabalin. It has been the most effective of all. I would describe my condition as a constant compulsion to change the present moment, no matter what I'm doing. I had only a very vague idea what 'relax' meant. I get what I think is relaxation on pregabalin and just be. The compulsion to change every moment is greatly reduced. For side effects I do get dizziness and if I miss a dose, I can't sleep."

Tweaked (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next