User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin Rating Summary

8.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

"I entered a clinical study for pregablin in the 90s, at that time it was for anxiety and depression. but once i was at the maximin dosage, I noticed I no longer had pain either. I was in denial about fibromyagia at that time. I was lucky to remain on the study even after 90 % of the patients had to get off of it because someone got a catarac. There were people begging to get back on it. I was on it for four years and by the time the clinical trial ended, and i went through a divorce, I had weaned myself off and didnt need it again until several years later when the fibromyagia became increadably painful. it took YEARS to go through the crappy drugs the insurance co. made me go thru with adverse reactions to get back to Lyrica !"

princesspoola (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 17, 2016

"Works for anxiety but omg I am eating like food is going to run out"

Joesquash (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2016

"I have had GAD for 8 years, I have tried lots of medication for this with some helping a little, and some not at all. I was started on Pre Gabling two months ago and for me, it was a miracle, I have my life back! I know the Doctors say meds arent the answer for GAD but they are for me, I have had CBT, counselling, hypnotherapy, and nothing worked. But with pre gablin I have been on holiday with no probs, was actually able to relax for the first time in 8 years. I can go into any social scene and be really calm and enjoy it. All I hope is that it lasts and I dont get used to it. All my friends and family have said how well i am and relaxed and happy I appear. And I really am."

normondo April 9, 2016

"I was experiencing nerve pain from hernia and knee operations, being a single parent and running a business a while back had me run off my feet and feeling nerve pain running up the bottom of my feet and through my knee joints into the groin, Lyrica has so far taken most of that pain away. What I didn't realise was it also helps with anxiety and depression, after 3 weeks I noticed a calmness I thought I could never achieve, did some googling on the benefits of Lyrica last night and was amazed at everyone's experience on Lyrica. This is great stuff, would recommend it highly, thank you Lyrica, back to fun time with the kids again."

Daniel Troy March 31, 2016

"I started taking lyrica about 4 years ago for fibromyalgia and found it lowered my daily pain by about 60%. While I do not suffer from GAD, I have always had feelings of anxiousness and physical feeling of restless uneasiness, and also restless leg syndrome. It was an unexpected side benefit that the lyrica helped control these feelings. After about a year and a half of taking 150 mg twice a day, I began to worry about addiction, and decided to cut back in an effort to possibly quit altogether. I soon found that my anxiousness and restlessness seemed worse than before, so I went back to my full 300mg per day dose, and have remained at that dosage. While on lyrica, I intentionally lost 35 lbs, and have not gained any weight back for 3 years"

Trailmix (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 20, 2016

"I was on Lyrica for 8 years at 75mg twice a day. I thought it was doing little for my pain and I didn't want to start increasing it. I had no side effects when taking it. So last year I stopped taking it as I still had a lot of nerve pain. But since I have been off it I realized just how much it actually did for me. I started suffering from crippling anxiety, my pain has gotten progressively worse and my hand tremors have returned. So after 9 months off it I am back on it again as I need a quality of life and Lyrica gives me that. It may not work for everyone but it does for me. I have fibromyalgia and General Anxiety."

Eimear Lynch (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 25, 2016

"I take 75mg 3x daily along with 20mg citalopram works wonders for my GAD finally found something that makes me feel sort of normal..no weight gain although the withdrawal from this drug is hell but if you suffer with anxiety like me its a small price to pay for happiness"

B112 January 24, 2016

"So I have been taking these tablets for a couple of days. I have already noticed a change in my confidence when In social situations. Although I still worry and feel anxious, I feel a little calmer. The thing is, on the first night, I felt extremely weird. My head was spacey and I couldn't register what people were saying, and once I realised I couldn't come up with a reply. Today, I woke up and I felt drunk and stoned at the same time but not as severe. I found it hard walk straight, my balance was off. I feel happier but not less anxious? I kind of felt calmer and giddy."

olaflovessummer (taken for less than 1 month) January 21, 2016

"I was first prescribed Lyrica to replace Remeron and my Psych Dr started me on 150mg at night. After four days I had an epileptic seizure at around 5pm. I am a diabetic T1 and have had 5 seizures when hypoglycaemic, this time I was low but not low enough to cause the seizure. Clearly, I stopped the Lyrica over a 3 week period. My new Psych suggest taking it again but at 50mg 2x a day then 75mg 2x a day - all ok up to increasing the dosage to 75mg 3x a day for GAD. about 10 days after increasing the dosage I was much less subject to GAD but my ulnar nerve function in my left hand basically stopped sending and receiving sensor and motor signals past my elbow. My Neurologist did an EMG test of the hand and my little finger had lost 80% "

GAD Champion (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 20, 2016

"I was diagnosed with GAD when I was 18. I have tried every medication under the sun and some SNRIs have helped and benzos killed the anxiety but became extremely dependent and addicted to them. I was prescribed pregabalin for GAD in 2013, and noticed just like others on this board, that it helped my depression too. It doesn't kill the anxiety in its tracks like benzos do, but it makes the anxiety MANAGEABLE. I have been on pregabalin for two years now and started @ 100mg 2x a day. My does was increased to 150mg 3x a day(450mg daily) after a few months and feel like life is now manageable. This is the best I have ever felt and ever done in my life. It also helps me focus. I plan on staying on it for the rest of my life and am only 32"

Gowitheflow (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2016

"I was prescribed Lyrica about 3 years ago for post surgical neuropathy in my legs. While it does help with the nerve pain I accidentally stumbled onto another effect of the drug, it absolutely wipes out my anxiety and depression. I've been diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder, clinical depression, and PTSD. Nothing I've tried in my experience has come close to helping my mental issues as much as Lyrica. There are some side effects in the beginning such as a little bit of a wobbly/buzzed feeling bit it subsides after a few days. The only two qualms I have with the drug are the price (about 12 bucks a pill without insurance) and I build a tolerance to it very quickly."

Cubesmith (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 2, 2016

"Y'all, like so many others have said, this is a life saver! It got me off my addiction to benzos. I had the "euphoric" feeling after a couple of days which unfortunately went away but I'm still happy all the time. I'm no longer having extreme emotions. I thought something was wrong bc I've never felt this way! It's been 4 months and I take 100mg 3x day. I may have had side effects in the beginning but they've gone away. I have however gained 30 pounds in 4 months. That is NOT normal. So it's come to the point that I'm gaining weight too rapidly to control and I must stop the meds. I'm very sad about this, except I'm not bc the lyrica will not allow me to be sad. So yeah. EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN. But amazing drug."

KMol (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 17, 2015

"Man, 47 years old. Been struggling with depression my whole life. Tried all the antidepressants in the market. The one that seems to relieve my black cloud to a certain point was Lexapro. Started taking Lyrica 150 once a day, a couple of years ago, because some research I did on my own. Even though it's side effects (weight gain) it is fair to say that this is my godsend drug. In the mean time I am having a reversal of fortune (so to speak) and taking Pregabalin is really helping me to cope with life. Side note: All SSRI antidepressants made more harm than good, cause I felt like I do not care for anything and just want to lie I'm the couch and watch TV or see the clouds just passing by. Hope this drug helps you."

M:.M:. December 11, 2015

"Great medicine that gives a benzodiazepine effect for anxiety, but without the bad side effects such as memory loss or addiction. You cam't stop taking pregabalin cold turkey however because there are some withdrawal effects such as increased anxiety, insomnia, and depression in my experience."

lgz (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 3, 2015

"Great"

Elliott42 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2015

"Exceptionelly great"

Patrik (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 22, 2015

"I LOVE this medicine, I was having real bad anxiety and panic attacks,I didn't want a "benzo" so my doc prescribed me Pregabalin & it is great. I also have epilepsy so it helps with that. Give it time to work, about a week and work your way up if needed, hopefully it'll be your godsend like it is mine."

Barnzy November 12, 2015

"I suffer through the night so I started taking mitazipine as I wake frequently through the night from anxiety I sleep fine now"

Kasa333546765 November 9, 2015

"Lyrica is the best thing that happened to me in 15 years. I have tried nearly every medication on the planet for my severe anxiety and untreatable depression: SSRI's, SNRI's TCA's, MAOi's, Benzos, Ketamine infusions, ECT, CBT and many illegal substances with zero help. I'm on 150mg twice a day and it has literally made me a new human, I feel like when I was teenager, before the depression and anxiety started to ruin my life. I expected it to ease my anxiety somewhat, but what I didn't expect is, that it completely killed it along with the treatment resistant depression, I have no side-effects! Thank you science!"

realman November 6, 2015

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Was on this for about 3 months. First few days I had some coordination issues, which I was warned about, probably on the 4th day something kicked in and I felt wonderful. I have very bad social anxiety but on that day I was not afraid of anything, I felt any goal that I had always wanted to pursue I suddenly could, and even if I failed, I would deal with it. My only fear that day was that this would be temporary, and sadly, it was. The next day I took it, and I got only the slightest hint of what I had the day before, the tiny effect maybe lasted for the next couple days, then nothing, I kept taking it, thinking it might somehow kick in after time, but then I started to notice I was gaining lots of weight I stopped."

hitch12157 November 4, 2015

"This drug is a miracle. It really helped me to recover from hardcore drugs. It makes me normal and not seeking any high from drugs as pregablin already makes my mood good and normal life. It makes me happy and really helped me to treat my addiction which i thought hopless. My current daily dose is 300mg twice daily as prescribed."

Nonoou (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 27, 2015

"I have been on pregabalin for 5 months. It has been amazing with regard to eliminating the crippling anxiety, but I still have problems at night. Cannot get to sleep because of crowded thoughts, keep waking during the night in nightmare scenarios, and wake very early with mind in a turmoil again. Does anyone else suffer this way? Am wondering whether to increase from 75mgx2 a day."

peyres September 30, 2015

"I was prescribed Lyrica nine months ago and ever since I've been on this drug my quality of life has greatly increased because not only does it greatly relieve me of muscle tension and pain it greatly improves my mood and makes me feel like doing things that I normally wouldn't have the energy for."

Broooham September 29, 2015

"I have been on Lyrica for GAD for almost two years. It works! Maybe not 100% of the time but it is by far the most effective drug I have taken. I began with 50mg twice a day and had to increase to 100mg twice a day and have been on that regimen for 9 months. Occasionally I need to up my dosage for a day or two. Usually I take an extra 100mg at night. I am have been fearful that I would need to keep upping the dosage but that hasn't been the case."

JimmyDent September 28, 2015

"Lyrica is my miracle drug!!! I'm suffering from clinical depression with GAD since 8 years. I tried dozens of drugs (SSRIs, SNRIs, Trizyclides, Agomelatonin, Stablon, moclobemid, methylphenidat, Ketamine infusions, every aminoacid, every vitamin, daily sport, had more than 20 ECT treatments...). My doc gave me Lyrica. I took 50mg in the evening and the next morning I was a new human. Felt like myself again, was able to participate in life. Thank you God! Thank you science!"

MiracleDrug (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2015