User Reviews for Pregabalin

Also known as: Lyrica

Learn more about Pregabalin.

Pregabalin review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 6 medications used in the treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorder.

Reviews for Pregabalin to treat Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Review by Char B. (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: Lyrica has been incredible for my anxiety! Within just a couple days I was running errands without needing to have someone with me due to anxiety, I was doing chores which I without a second thought often delayed and I was enjoying my life and time with my children. I was prescribed pregablin for Fibromyalgia pain and I can't say I've noticed a difference with pain but its done EVERYTHING for my anxiety! I am way less irritable and moody and feel like I can actually enjoy living a happy and complete life for once without worry, fear or nervousness. I went from being a procrastinating home body to a normal feeling, confident person! My side effects have been blurred vision, sometimes a little sleepy and dizziness. Its 100% worth trying!!

March 12, 2014 9:51 AM
Review by ali2122212 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: Gradually increased dose to 450mg which helped a bit with anxiety but gave me stomach cramp so had to discontinue.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2014 6:19 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: Good for generalized anxiety disorder but side effects were bad.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 8, 2014 4:46 PM
Review by Tweaked (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

pregabalin: I had anxiety and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and tried many medicines before pregabalin. It has been the most effective of all. I would describe my condition as a constant compulsion to change the present moment, no matter what I'm doing. I had only a very vague idea what 'relax' meant. I get what I think is relaxation on pregabalin and just be. The compulsion to change every moment is greatly reduced. For side effects I do get dizziness and if I miss a dose, I can't sleep.

February 3, 2014 10:46 AM
Review by Gigi8: User Rating:

pregabalin: I highly recommend Pregabalin. I found it started working incredibly quickly and was lucky enough not to suffer any weight gain. I really recommend anyone suffering from anxiety to try it.

December 9, 2013 6:44 AM
Review by BobbyTR77 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: I have struggled with anxiety, depression, and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder for 20 years. Tried just about every medicine out there. Lyrica works. 450 mg per day.

November 20, 2013 2:35 AM
Review by Carole one:

pregabalin: I have just read all your reviews about Lyrica Pregabalin , I have had a life time of anxiety and pain tried everything over the years , and yesterday was prescribed pregabalin not taken one yet but after reading your reviews i am going to have one now so here goes ! will be back to let you know what i think . i hate taking pills !!!!!!!

November 2, 2013 2:09 PM
Review by No more quiver - Ash: User Rating:

pregabalin: I'm 20 year's old & was addicted to cannabis (2-3g daily) for roughly 5 years unknowingly medicating GAD.. which eventually resulted in More anxiety leading to cross addiction into alcohol, (lot's of) mephedrone, cocaine and more.. yet again this resulted in even more anxiety & treatment centres.. after countless lapses I sought help from my local GP, they prescribed me 600mg of Pregabalin daily & I can honestly say this drug is better than any illegal or legal drug available in treating anxiety in any form. This drug is not side-effect free - but compared to the others out there (Including anti-depressants) it's Definitely the best option. After the initial euphoria wains it stabilizes however, so don't give up after the first effects go.

October 24, 2013 3:54 PM
Review by iasquran (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: anxiety disapear immediately i am on 150 mg daily it works for 12 hours but l am afraid it's action will get off soon.

October 20, 2013 10:15 AM
Review by big man hummer boy (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

pregabalin: I love this medication. I feel calm and rid of anxiety, I currently take 600mg daily and it lasts throughout the day. I would highly recommend this medication, its both calming and stimulating. I have the confidence to go out and hang out with people, I finally feel like I can socialize and relax like a 'normal' person. It's approved for generalized anxiety disorder in Europe.

September 5, 2013 9:59 PM
Review by Nick the man: User Rating:

pregabalin: Lyrica is the best medication for generalized anxiety disorder. I am on 75mg twice a day and been able to slowly get off my clonazepam without the benzodiazepine withdrawal. Brain fog will go away after being on it for about a month. Only other side effect is the cost.

August 5, 2013 7:24 AM
Review by francisco de la cruz: User Rating:

Lyrica (pregabalin): Pregabalin for me was miraculous. On the first dose (75mg three times a day) my anxiety was reversed. I really thought this was too good to be true. I have tried Prozac and lorazepam at different times of my life. But as is commonly known, after the fourth or fifth trial of SSRIs, they "peter out" and actually become counter productive, even in some cases causing serotonin syndrome. But about two years ago, I was in a very stressful marriage break-up and was taking benzodiazepines to keep the lid on the anxiety, with little effect. The GP respected my wish to try Lyrica. I was and still am, after two years, astounded by this transformation. I feel like I always felt I should feel. A cessation of anxiety and a sense of well being pervades.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2013 1:55 PM
Review by Radders: User Rating:

pregabalin: Have been rock bottom down by the river, then re-started Pregabalin. IT IS AMAZING. It only took about 24 hours to notice the difference, and wow. A week later and I am nearly 100%. I knew I was anxious not depressed! It should be prescribed as a first-line choice. Previously on it for 3 yrs. I am a 59yr old housewife.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 16, 2013 2:47 AM
Review by Sallieann ice (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: I have suffered anxiety for 10 years plus and for the last year had suffered from jelly legs whenever I'm in a shopping area or anywhere there's crowds of people, Lyrica has changed my life for the better no more worries, loads more confidence and no feelings of anxiety, would say it has improved my life 100%.

June 4, 2013 2:30 PM
Review by medissunbabe:

pregabalin: I have had severe anxiety for over 16 years since my daughter was born and I have got to the point that I just think IM GOING TO HAVE TO LIVE WITH THIS. Then last night I was taking my propranolol when I noticed I had some Lyrica which the doctors gave me ages ago but I would not take it. I was that desperate yesterday I took some, for the first time in 16 years I have no anxiety or panic (this is about an hour after taking the Lyrica). I slept properly for the first time and I am also doing tasks in the house that I normally put off as I'm so agitated. Going to the doctors in the morning to see if he will give me a script for them. I notice a change more or less immediately. I would recommend this medicine to anyone who has anxiety.

May 20, 2013 9:30 AM
Review by steve222 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

pregabalin: I am taking 2 x 300mg per day (plus 20 mg Lexapro, plus 30 mg Mirap). Anxiety is decreased, confidence is increased. I have dizziness, but I am able to drive ok. I have tremors and heart racing. No weight gain or other side effects yet. I feel the medicien helps my brain to be more constructive and ordered. I stopped taking the Lexapro a year ago, but my doctor doesn't know. Tried missing the Lyrica for two days and felt very low, not easy to get off this.

May 2, 2013 10:22 AM
Review by colinbrad (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: I have been on a wide variety of medicines for anxiety over the last 8 years, recently my Dr put me on Gabapentin because I suffer from extreme sensitivity especially when sitting (burning sensations), I tolerated this quite well at 1800 mg but still had anxiety, My Dr changed me over to Pregabalin four days ago, I have had a pressure headache on and off in the left side of my head and quite severe bloating, however the Anxiety seems more under control, has anyone else had these types of side effects and if so do the pass with time.

April 18, 2013 5:37 PM
Review by Beave:

pregabalin: Suffered anxiety for 20 years and chronic for the last 3 years following difficult times. Thought nothing could break the anxiety except alcohol or lorazepam. Not only has pregabalin begun to break the anxiety over the last week, my ability to think straight and calmly is improving, my confidence is increasing, I can hear my voice, I can see myself, I can feel my sense of self returning and I can see and respond to you and I don't want to drink. I feel a bit anxious writing this because it is such a short time and it seems so long since I have felt so OK. I pray that it lasts. I thank God that my Dr was away last week and a new Dr saw me with fresh eyes. I have been taking 25mg twice a day, increasing next week to 75mgs.

April 13, 2013 5:43 PM
Review by gabalin: User Rating:

pregabalin: This is a really good treatment for anxiety. I have felt free of anxiety for the first time in a long time. It has been a release from a prison, this it what if feels like. A sense of good things will happen instead of fearing what is around the corner. There are side-effects to this medication. The worst for me has been visual issues (repaired by wearing glasses) and a reduction in my memory.

April 2, 2013 2:53 AM
Review by richy1: User Rating:

pregabalin: I've had real bad anxiety for 3 years, tried everything, had CBT... going for more CBT. Now I'm on the pregabalin, been on it a month and what a difference its made. I feel so much better already. I'm only on 100mg a day, possibly need a bit more but I can feel the change, this really is a wonderful medicine. Not sure why my GP took so long in getting me on this.

April 1, 2013 1:57 PM
Review by Lissie91 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

pregabalin: I was initially prescribed 200mg daily (100mg morning and night) along with 10mg of Citalopram (which I've been on for a while). I have had generalized anxiety disorder for 7 years and was never prescribed anything but Prozax (when I was 15, and I had a bad reaction and was taken off it) and citalopram). I begged my doctor for an anti-anxiety medication as I was really desperate. I was afraid of taking a new medicine too, but took it anyway. I can honestly say it is incredible. My sometimes near constant anxiety state went down to near nothing. After about 3 months I needed to go up to 150mg twice daily. After about another 2 1/2 months some anxiety and sleep problems have crept back and I think that I may need another increase. My only problem with this frankly amazing medicine is its tendency to wear off after a few months. I experienced few side effects (dizziness, fatigue, loss of appetite). I have recommended this to a friend.

March 29, 2013 8:38 PM
Review by mrshorne32: User Rating:

Lyrica (pregabalin): Lyrica has changed my life. I have suffered from Generalized Anxiety Disorder for 15 years. I;ve tried absolutely everything to no avail until last week when I was put on Lyrica. In fact it's not just changed my life its saved my life.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 24, 2013 3:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

pregabalin: Lyrica has been a wonderful medication for controlling my anxiety. I've suffered from panic attacks since I was 6 years old. I've tried 3 different SSRI's, Seroquel, Trazodone, Klonopin and Xanax (both which I got addicted too). Lyrica has been even more effective than benzo's in my experience, because benzo's made me apathetic to life, I really didn't care about anything. But with Lyrica I feel happy, relaxed and like a 'normal person'. I'm able to reach out and make new friends much easier, and going out in public is so much easier for me to do! It's been a miracle for me! I'm currently on 450mg Lyrica (300mg AM 150mg PM) and 60mg of Cymbalta.

March 9, 2013 2:57 PM
Review by bradsleeds (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

pregabalin: I've been on this medicine for 6 weeks now, almost 2 weeks of those at the maximum dose of 600mg per day. I've been very up and down during that time. There was initial mild euphoria the first couple of days, then good days and bad after that. That said, after trying 3 SSRIs, 3 Tricyclics, plus trazodone and mirtazapine - pregabalin is probably the best drug to combat GAD that I have found so far.

January 9, 2013 8:35 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

pregabalin: I've only taken this for three days and already I feel so much calmer. I have struggled with anxiety for a long time and am on many antidepressants. What a relief! I would recommend this to anyone with anxiety.

October 29, 2012 2:38 AM