User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Systemic Lupus Erythematosus

Review by small town mom:

This medication does work great. However, the side effects are no fun. It cause weight gain, mood swings, and a host of other side effects. If the bad side effects were not there, I would definitely stay on this medication, because it helps so much with the pain and all of the other medical conditions that Lupus can cause.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 9:21 AM

Review by Jendoo:

Immediately made me feel like a new person! Helped me walk "normal" again, and go down stairs without horrible pain. Made my hands and feet swelling improve greatly. My hands were squishy, my feet were so swollen I couldn't fit in my shoes, and my toes looked like little sausages. Like any other medication there was side effects, of course moon face, weight gain, hair loss and horrible taste but I would do it all over again because it helped me so much with pain, swelling and is continuing to help me live normal. Yay for prednisone.

April 1, 2011 9:16 PM

Review by dayday:

I was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus after about 3 months of tests and suffering at the age of 14. Not long after that I had a terrible episode and had to be hospitalized. I was put on 40mg. The side effects are horrible. I got the "chipmunk cheeks" or "moon face", I lost a lot of hair, I had extra hair in weird places, I had terrible insomnia, and I had a lot of water retention. People that I knew didn't recognize me. I was then lowered too quickly off prednisone and got an even worse episode. I was put on 100mg and it was horrible! But prednisone did save my life. I have long term effects like osteopenia, lowered immunity and stomach problems. I am now 34, been on it 20 yrs! Saved my life. There were no other options when they put you on Prednisone.

December 6, 2009 4:48 AM