User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 342 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

Review by kista50:

prednisone: I was hospitalized 2 years ago with ra for a week,that's how bad I was. I woke up totally crippled in every joint, it hit me all at once. I have been on predisone since day one,in the hospital I was on 260 mg, get the picture of how bad I was. I have been on 60 mg for over a year on top of every ra med you could imagine plus I get injections of pres twice a month,we rotate every joint from my neck to my legs. And yes it is s miracle work since nothing else has helped but it has made me so fat,60 lbs in two years with a found face. It also causes serious side effects with diabetes. I wish I could get off of it, I stopped on my own once and was in sever pain and felt like I had the flu and my rhum.Dr from John Hopkins said I had withdrawls.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 18, 2014 1:43 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

prednisone: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in January of 2012, I tried several medications prescribed by my doctor but nothing helped, I got to where I couldn't even get out of bed, couldn't even turn a door nob so I was a prisoner in my own house, I started taking Prednisone three weeks ago and feel like a new person, no pain at all anywhere. I don't care about any side effects, just to be able to live normally again is worth it to me. For now it has changed my life for the better.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2012 2:11 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone: My body was so racked with pain I could hardly move in the morning. Brushing my teeth and combing my hair were major and painful chores. After 4 days on prednisone I am almost pain free. I do experience side effects of insomnia and diarrhea but is worth it to be mobile again!

September 16, 2012 12:15 PM
Review by 255 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Prednicot (prednisone): Good.

July 10, 2012 7:33 AM
Review by rheumarth: User Rating:

prednisone: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis eight years ago and have been on many concoctions of pills since. When I got really bad flares that rendered me disabled I was treated with prednisone. For me this has been a miracle. I have had it injected into affected joints and also general injections. When direct into joints, the relief is almost instant, I could walk, move my hands like a miracle. When injected generally, it took three or four separate injections over 3-4 days before any improvement but it worked every time. I have to say, I don't know what I would have done over the years without prednisone. The side effects I suffered where weight gain and insomnia but these where better than being in agony and disabled.

January 8, 2012 8:18 PM
Review by Sam500: User Rating:

prednisone: I have polymyalgia rheumatitis in my joints. The only thing for this disease is prednisone so I take it. I have had 10 lbs of weight gain, hot flashes all the time, excessive urination (at least 5 times during the night) but the pain in my joints is gone. I am slowly working my way off of prednisone 1 1/2 tabs right now) within 12 - 15 weeks I should be off and my disease should be gone. So I'm a lucky one.

July 18, 2011 11:23 AM
Review by still going: User Rating:

prednisone: I am 77 and have taken prednisone since I was 28. When first diagnosed I was told to take 10 aspirin in the morning and 10 in the evening. Really tough going with many serious side effects. Later I was prescribed prednisone and I knew it was a miracle medicine for me. I could hold an egg without dropping it and walk without extreme pain. Now I am on 5mg Prednisone with Methotrexate and Remicade. I am so happy to have quality of life with quantity due to the wisdom of the Rheumatologist!

June 9, 2011 11:29 PM
Review by oldjoe: User Rating:

prednisone: My first prednisone injection was for viral bronchitis. In about 6 hours my arthritis pain was completely gone.

January 22, 2011 10:36 AM
Review by Marietjie van Zyl - Pretoria, South Africa: User Rating:

prednisone: I am a 55 year old female and have been living with RA for 8 years. Prednisone has made a MAJOR difference in the quality of my life together with a combination of CoxFlam; Nivaquine, Arava, Salezepyrin and Methotrexate. I still have to go for regular blood tests and Cortisone IVs every 6 - 8 months, but thanks to the medication and my wonderful rheumatologist, I can live a normal and productive live. I am a Senior IT Manager in a very demanding job. Although I had to slow down my pace a bit (as I am totally adrenaline driven), I am still managing my career very well and hope to remain in my career for another 10 years.

October 19, 2009 7:38 AM
Review by oceanblueyes: User Rating:

prednisone: This medicine is a catch 22 in the worst way. Try not to stay on it for a long time. It can damage your bones and make you gain weight.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 3, 2009 1:39 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone: I have had swelling in my finger joints for many years. This medicine is the only one that has helped the pain. The joints will always be swollen though, as the damage has been done.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 24, 2009 9:53 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone: I started taking prednisone about 3 weeks ago and the swelling in my hands, feet and knee have gone down. I feel like a new person.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 11, 2008 4:30 PM
Review by regamy: User Rating:

prednisone: I just took my first dose of this medication today and already I can walk up and down the stairs of my house, something I have not been able to do for months, due to the swelling in my feet. What a relief!

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 22, 2008 11:13 PM

Learn more about Rheumatoid Arthritis

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here