User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Review by MARJ2BFREE (taken for 10 years or more):

I was diagnosed with crohn's disease in 1976. Since my diagnosis I have had two resections of bowel. The last one in 1986, prednisone has been my only source of relief in the flair up since then. My doctor are reluctant to give it to me any more because of my weight, (i have always been large) and I am diabetic. I had the moon face but the relief it brought was worth it and you can fight the hunger. I am facing a suture at this time with a flare up it was difficult to convince my doctor to allow me to have prednisone short term to get through this flare up. They say they have a new medicine they recommend but I find it very expensive, with insurance, it called budesonide. It is suppose to have fewer side effects.

February 1, 2013 1:16 PM