User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 35 medications used in the treatment of Immunosuppression.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Immunosuppression

I am grateful for my transplant however side effects of this medicine have been crazy. I was on it for 8 years with my first transplant. I put on 50lbs in 6 months. Broke out all over my chest and back. My hair grew thick and dark everywhere. Now with my second transplant I put on 65 lbs, no break out and have been experiencing hair loss. The entire time I've been on it I have had major mood changes and agitation.

June 3, 2011 2:33 AM

Very little side effects. Taking very high dosage.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2011 3:58 PM

I have been taking Prednisone for ten years. I have Lupus and will have to most likely stay on it the rest of my life. When I first started taking it I was 9, the side effects were HARSH, Loss of hair, hair growing more (Thicker and faster) on arms and legs, significant weight gain, very puffy in the face, increase in appetite and water retention (edema) all on 60mg every day. With that being said I felt a whole lot better and it kept my Lupus in remission for about 3 yrs so was able to go down as low as 5mg EOD. For me personally after have been using it so long I only see ANY side effects if I go above 20 EOD and it's the puffy face. Prednisone is a very good immunosuppression drug but it did take my body some getting used to.

November 26, 2009 12:09 AM