User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Review Summary

6.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Fibromyalgia.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Fibromyalgia

"only concern- prolonged use. (generic form)"

almost instant relief from inflammation June 26, 2015

"I've been suffering from fibromyalgia for over 10 years now..a few months ago I was stricken with Bell's palsy and was given a course of prednisone and Valtrex. Combined, it took away the palsy within a week but it also took away all my pain and stiffness. I've since learned that most people with Fibromyalgia have some type of herpes..herpes virus can also cause bell's palsy. There are many herpes viruses and not all show any outward symptoms. I highly suggest getting tested for all herpes viruses if you suffer from fibromyalgia. I'd bet dollars to donuts you have one type of herpes virus...like cold sores. The combo of low dose anti-inflammatory and the anti-viral is what works. I worked with my doc to find the lowest doses that worked."

Greenmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2015

"This was a re-occurance of my PMR. My Family Practice doctor did an ESR which was elevated. He put me on Prednisone 40mg q d in Nov. He said he'd check my last bone density--if he did he failed to mention it to me. I FELT BETTER! --had tons of energy and appetite. went on to gain 30 lbs. Within a month I developed L knee pain; then R sciatic pain; then R groin (L3-4) pain; then L sciatic pain and inability to ambulate because of the pain, muscle weakness and gen'l disability . The Prednisone was gradually decreased/increased per results of the ESRs. I demanded an MRI, this showed an Insuffuciency Fracture of my Sacrum. This meant 12 weeks of pain, bed rest, visiting nurses,PT/OT, etc. Now, I'm starting Fosamax"

marge/maine May 19, 2015

"I've struggled with fibromyalgia for 15 years. I was prescribed prednisone for bronchitis and in one days time I was pain free and had energy thru the roof! I struggle a lot with daily things and not having strength or energy to do them. It's very depressing. I've considered asking my doctor to give it to me on a daily basis but I'm a little unsure. The bone weakening and weight gain concern me. Especially since I'm a mature women at age 42. Anyone that takes it, I ask do the pros outweigh the cons? Btw I'm a recovering addict. Was addicted to pain pills. All prescribed by pain doctor for the fibromyalgia. I chose to come off them but had to have help. Will prednisone do me the same way?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!"

Aprilh3073 May 10, 2015

"I have had Fibromyalgia for twenty years. When I had a bout of poison ivy, my doctor put me on the prednisone step pack. All my pain was gone. I felt great. When I told the doctor about the results, she told me it was dangerous. My Endo told me the same thing. "

winnierenee (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2014

Sterapred DS (prednisone): "100% accurate."

Roy Sizemore (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2013

"I suffer from chronic persistent fibromyalgia. My life has been consumed with pain for 3 yrs. My Drs and I have tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, Savella, many pain medicines at many different mgs, muscle relaxers, Valium, I could go on and on with the list of medicines we've tried just to give me some quality of life. Well last week my Dr wrote me a script for prednisone for an upper respiratory infection I've been battling. I am here to tell you that I am on a treadmill now, I feel pain at maybe a 3, which for me a normal day was 6-10. I can handle a silly little 3. I'm not saying this may be a permanent answer, I guess when I go back in a month I will discuss it. But even for a respite I highly advice it!"

HockeyMom5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2012

"I am taking Prednisone for Fibromyalgia (20mg twice a week) together with 60mg of Cymbalta (once a day) and have been 98% pain free for nearly a year."

ccdny January 20, 2011

"I am surprised there was no one here taking prednisone for fibromyalgia. I take this and 500mg of naproxen daily and am almost pain free."

bluebelle43 January 14, 2010