User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Eczema

Review by yellalot:

I have Eczema on my scalp and around my eyes. My eyes crack and bleed and look awful. I have asthma & allergies and now the eczema. So if I have a important function I start the prednisone a couple days before. I always take it in the morning with food & milk. I have been on prednisone for a long time off and on with my asthma so I know the side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 17, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by EWAL (taken for less than 1 month):

Currently started a prednisone treatment and since i've used it before I'm more aware of the side effects. My suggestion is to take this in the morning. The last time I used this I lost alot of sleep. Drove me to insomnia because of nervousness. Overall the medicine was very effective.

April 18, 2013 11:39 AM

Review by sable50:

I took the standard prednisone treatment for severe eczema on my hands. I was amazed by how well it worked. The very next day the pain had receded and my hands began healing. I did experience a somewhat elevated heartbeat for the first couple days but it improved as time went on. Excellent product but you can't stay on it long term.

September 5, 2012 6:09 PM

Deltasone (prednisone): I'm rating this a 'one' reluctantly because it truly worked miracles. I've wrestled with eczema for years and it has become quite painful. An ER doctor prescribed this when I was there for an unrelated issue. Within days my open skin and rough patches were completely gone. But the side effects...I put on 15 pounds in under two weeks, with a painfully swollen gut, stomach pains and insomnia. Upon visiting my regular physician, he refused to renew the prescription, explaining that these side effects, and potentially much worse, were due to the Prednisone.

March 15, 2012 2:49 PM

Review by kayemme:

If you are having a severe episode of eczema, a prednisone taper works well. Every year when spring comes, I break out on my neck, face, scalp. Years ago I had a really good doctor who gave me the prednisone taper plus an injection of dexamethosone - it was like a miracle cure!

May 13, 2010 4:30 PM