User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Cluster Headaches

Deltasone (prednisone): "I am 51, and have been getting cluster headaches since 17. Have tried every medication for them, but nothing seemed to work for me. I was finally prescribed Prednisone, it takes a few days to start working, but after I finished the course, I didn't get a single headache for nearly a year. The course was 20 mg a day, for 10 to 14 days, depending on the doctor. The length of time, without a headache varies, but is usually a year or more."

jskess (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2015

"Taking the medicine 60mg (reducing by 5 mg per day over 1 week) worked until the dosage got down to 40 mg, then the headaches came back and the medicine was not effective at all. I am now on my second week of the same approach from my doctor and am writing this as at 04:00. I woke up at 02:00 and have not been able to sleep since. But, only 'normal' headaches so far."

Boggins (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

Sterapred DS (prednisone): "Sleeplessness."

jigg June 15, 2013

"This is the only medication that has successfully relieved and aborted the onset of cluster headache "events" during my twenty year history of cluster headache attacks."

yelrah April 24, 2012

"My doctor thinks I have cluser headaches. This is the second medication I am on and taken it about 4 times. This is so far the only headache that has helped me. They are not gone completely and after several hours they return but for several hours I am able to function with a smaller headache."

Anonymous September 23, 2009