User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Bursitis

Review by Agorafolks: User Rating:

prednisone: Pain is a lot better, However can't sleep sweats and red face. But it has helped a lot - on 6 day pack hoping I can get back to my regular sleep habits. Feel hungry but not eating extra.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 3, 2014 2:21 AM
Review by MaxMesa (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

prednisone: Holding off having hip replaced due to money. Tried OTC/ NSAIDs, finally broke down, went to clinic, prescribed prednisone, excellent results, still some pain, but not nearly as severe, lowered the dose from 40mg to 20mg per day, still effective, no side effects beside increased appetite.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2014 3:22 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone: I had elbow bursitis so bad, I could not sleep, move my arm. Missed work etc. Tried Advil, naproxen and tylenol and codeine. Prednisone is the only thing that works and started working within 6 hours. Took it for 7 days and my arm felt so much better. After I went off, it slowly came back but not quite as bad. Took it for another 7 days and it healed 90 percent.

January 3, 2012 6:01 PM
Review by aha2009: User Rating:

Meticorten (prednisone): I have only been on this medication for 3 days for bursitis in my hip. I have noticed a little relief from the worst pain but I still am feeling stiff and hurt quite a bit. **NOTE: I have had insomnia since the day I started taking this medication. I slept only 30 minutes last night. Each night I have slept less. I was able to sleep 3 hours the 2nd night. I believe it is from this medication as the other medication I am on does not report insomnia as a side effect. At this point, I only have to take the medication for one week and if it helps with my pain, I feel it will be worth it but be aware that this might happen.

April 19, 2009 12:34 PM

Learn more about Bursitis

Got questions about Rheumatoid Arthritis? Get answers from our expert Dr. Carteron. Click Here