User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone review summary

7.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 64 medications used in the treatment of Inflammatory Conditions.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Inflammatory Conditions

Review by Working man (taken for less than 1 month):

Prednisone really surprised me as a miracle for severe pain. Previously I only knew about opiate painkillers. Reason: I suddenly couldn't walk or stand on one foot - severe throbbing pain. Hastily diagnosed as plantar fascitiis, but I didn't respond to the NSAID prescribed. Went to get a second opinion, as I'm convinced I've got a fracture. Anyhow, after *stressing* how severe my pain was, the second doctor gave me prednisone, oral tablets. My god, it's a miracle. I can walk again. And I feel like a million bucks to boot (euphoric side-effect?). I can still feel the pain slightly, but somehow the prednisone has got me to where I don't mind walking on it. I never knew that prednisone was a miracle severe pain-killer, but I know it now.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 3, 2014 6:05 PM

Review by ajit96:

I had COPD with chest pain, also I had shoulder pain due to lifting heavy objects last year. I had started prednisone 20mg x 2 two days back. I shall take it for 5 days. I felt much better on on second day only. Today is third day and I am feeling much better. My COPD symptoms improved very much. Also reduced swelling in my shoulder magically. I had not taken it for shoulder pain but it improved very much. Now I can raise my hand 90 degree which was impossible two days back. My breathless due to smoking related COPD is getting cured. improved upto 60%. Three more days to go, I shall update you.

April 10, 2014 2:56 AM

Review by Michael be Aryeh (taken for less than 1 month):

Had terrible pain from a pinched nerve in my neck. For five day I was in agony. They gave me prednisone in the morning after I went to see my doctor and literally by five in the afternoon 80% of the debilitating pain was gone. It was really a miracle.

February 12, 2014 11:37 PM

Review by RHK:

I have been diagnosed with lupus (SLE) and had fluid around my lungs and heart caused by an inflamation iin the body. After corrective surgery was put on 10 mg prednisone 3times a day. Felt an immediate improvement in my overall health with no side effects. Now down to one 10 mg pill per day.

November 7, 2013 4:27 PM

Review by stevie poway (taken for less than 1 month):

Ended up with bad inflammation in the chest. Felt like I was being stabbed while breathing. Other medicines did not work. As soon as I was given my first dose in the E.R., 15 minutes later I was feeling better and not suffering anymore.

February 4, 2013 10:33 AM

Review by kimmy1970 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was started on 60mg in hospital. I have a rare condition I am told. I was good until I dropped down to 30 mg then I was crying, mean, ill, swollen and couldn't walk on feet for the pain (swelling). Went back to doctor they were dropping me down 10mg every 7 days, my doctor has now upped the medicines and are dropping me down slower. I do not like the weight gain. I feel very tight and my face is very round. I am only 5 ft 2 and was 135. Now I am 145, and I can feel it. I am told that it may be 1 to 2 months before I am weaned off. But, I guess having the weight gain is better than the alternative, my doc also put me on Lasix and potassium.

June 12, 2012 10:22 AM

I went to the doctor for really bad lower back pain and the doc said it was a pinched nerve. I was given hydrocodone, cyclobenzaprine and prednisone 10mg. The Hydrocodone is good but the prednisone is awesome. It works fast and has really helped the inflammation in my lower back.

May 21, 2012 12:11 AM

Review by Radio Guido:

I am male, 57 years old. I went from being very fit and active to zero activity within a week due to acute pain symmetrically in all joints. I endured this for two months, and was finally diagnosed with PMR Disease. Started on Prednisone, 20 mgs per day and obtained immediate results, eliminating 85% of any discomfort. Dose doubled after two weeks, now all pain has been eliminated and now on the direction of my Rheumatologist I am starting to wean myself off after being on it for one month. I am back in the gym, no issues. So far so good, and so far zero side effects.

April 17, 2012 5:48 PM

Review by FeliciaFaulkner18018:

I started taking prednisone just a couple of days ago (take my last dose tomorrow). In September I received a very bad case of pneumonia. I have been having very bad breathing problems since then. The only thing the doctors can come up with is extreme inflammation. The first day I took these medicines (4 on the first day) I felt AMAZING, best I have felt in months. It didn't last though, next day took 3.... felt okay.... today 2.... felt like my usually crappy self. So I didn't have such a good experience with it, except for that first day. Gosh I could cry thinking about how great it made me feel.

December 19, 2011 12:37 AM

Really cheap. I am a classical singer and had two concerts coming up and almost no voice because my vocal cords were swollen. Tried tea, water, sleep, vocal rest... a week later and I'm still unable to make sound come out of my mouth after a middle C (for non-musicians- that's not very high!). I was prescribed 20 mg in the morning for three days and then 10 mg for three more. I'm still on day 1 but it already seems to be making a difference in my voice. I'm feeling the side effects though- 8 hours after my first dose I was jittery (no involuntary movements but I felt nervous and needed to move around a lot). Hard to sleep and felt a little out of it- like I was on a mild dose of Vicodin.

December 10, 2011 1:53 AM

Review by boobmark123:

Diagnosed from MRI with bone spurs on cervical vertebrae. Took 10mg, 48 pill, pack on 12 day schedule. Completely relieved pain and numbness for two and a half months. Starting new pack , now three months later. No noted side effects.

October 29, 2011 10:52 AM

Prednisone helps shrink my bulging back disc and provides full relief that lasts until I do something foolish again. I have taken a full regimen 3 times in the last 4 years

October 18, 2011 11:51 AM

My Doctor put me on prednisone, 20mg a day for carpal tunnel. I was on gabapentin but I'm in the 1% that has severe reactions to it. I'm also on spironolactone, 200mg a day for my polycystic ovarian syndrome. Spironolactone which helps greatly with the water retention, and acne side effects of the prednisone.

June 21, 2011 5:23 AM

Great temporary relief from plantar fasciitis. Suffered with heel pain for 6 months. Was prescribed Prednisone for a severe chest cold, to help with breathing. Next day, heel pain was gone. Had about a week supply, and had no heel pain for a week. About three days after stopping, heel pain returned. It is NOT a cure, but a much welcomed temporary relief. All tabs were 20mg. Three the first day, two the second day, then one per day for 5 days. Awesome relief.

June 11, 2011 6:08 PM

Review by kellyyyy:

I took a medicine and my throat swelled up to the point where I couldn't get a word out, and had to write things down to communicate. My Doctor prescribed me 75mg of prednisone, and immediately I could feel the difference. Within 2 days my throat was back to normal and I felt great again, loved this.

March 13, 2011 5:27 PM

Review by Hilary E:

This was easy to take after leaving the hospital. Take it with food definitely. I started out with 4 pills all at once and then gradually reduced them day by day as directed by my doctor. I found I had increased energy and appetite. Also, they cleared up my seborrheic dermatitis that I have been treating for several years now with topical solutions. I would definitely use this steroid again.

February 27, 2011 6:06 PM

It has helped me like no other medicine I have ever been on. Almost to being a wonder drug. The only problem I have is the side effect of weight gain and swelling in three weeks. I've gained 6 pounds and am so swollen in my legs trying to find a way to fight off the side effect. Will try anything. I feel like I have a quality of life with this medicine.

October 10, 2010 8:14 AM

The side effects of this drug far outweighed the benefits for me.

December 17, 2009 6:49 PM

I could not walk or move until I took the first prednisone. In 7 hours I felt fine. Now that I am on a low dosage, I am again in a lot of pain. So far there is no diagnosis as to what I have.

September 17, 2009 4:32 PM

Review by pumkin123:

I have taken this medicine for 6 days. It seems to help a little, but my leg, knees, feet and ankles have swollen.

September 6, 2009 7:42 AM

Review by Blond Ambition:

I have Cerebral Palsy with severe arthritic inflammatory conditions that had become so severe I was unable to walk. The prednisone has decreased not only my pain, but has allowed me to regain some of my mobility and permitted me to get back into the gym on a regular exercise program. I am very careful, being a female, to increase my calcium and Vitamin D to offset bone loss. Exercise is key to prevent muscle weakness.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2009 10:48 AM