User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone Rating Summary

8.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 103 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Reactions.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Allergic Reactions

"I must of suffered nearly every reaction on the list after on one day.I do have breathlessness and irregular heart beat.still trying to recover without medication.I am allergic to many antibiotics."

No nickname Stella Keenan (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2016

"The only disappointing thing about this drug is that is starts chewing your body up if you take it for more than a couple of weeks. If it wasn't for the risks that long-term prednisone treatment causes, I'd take it every day. No asthma, no allergies, no inflamed skin or excessive mucous production, and my ears can finally drain like they're supposed to. Prednisone is pretty cheap, too, and the only side effect it gives me are a bad case of the munchies."

FoxyFinn (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

"I had an allergic reaction to hair dye. At first the doctors prescribed antihistamines, calamine lotion, hydrocortisone cream etc but nothing worked. I was then prescribed prednisolone 5mg 6 x per day, I also used aloe vera gel and after 2 days I can safely say I am on the mend. I wouldn't wish this severe itching, red, angry burning swollen lumps on anyone. But this is working for me. I hope this helps your concerns with the same problem."

Joyful65 January 29, 2016

"I had such a bad allergy reaction. I still do know what I am allergic to but anyways I had to go to the hospital and they gave me 50 mg of predisone and it completely got rid of all my hives I had all over my body..took these for 5 days..they were completely gone...didn't have any side effects. I was 100% happy to get better and highly recommend to take these ."

Dinna (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

"I'm very allergic to certain pet dander, my eyes swell shut and itch. I also get an itchy rash on my forehead, neck, inner forearms and sides (probably I'm causing it to spread when I itch). When it gets bad I get a corticosteroid shot and prednisone. Within 24 hours all the inflammation has subsided. I would take it more often if it weren't so harmful for my body."

Christine8585 November 27, 2014

"I had severe allergic reaction to shellfish twice and I took prednisone 10 mg for 5 days. The skin rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. Six months later I experienced same condition. I suspect this time was caused by taking vitamins. The rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. I recommend this medicine."

Alvill October 7, 2013

"I get poison ivy so bad, and have severe allergic reactions to insect bites, I believe my last bite on the forehead was a horsefly and my eyes were swelling shut as I was swallowing 3 prednisone. I get relief in 20 minutes. I have to keep it on hand and only have to use it for several days."

farm life June 6, 2013

"Prednisone worked wonders on me. It took a few days to start working but once it did it was like night and day for my allergies. It totally kicked them out of my system. This was 5 years ago and I am still allergy free. I have recommended Prednisone to everyone."

ACslater (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2013

"Took Prednisone for severe amoxicillin allergy. For 24 hours at a time this stopped my tongue from swelling and all hives disappeared. "

MJDD January 12, 2013

Deltasone (prednisone): "We generally use the prednisone (Deltasone is the brand name) for our chronic lung disease patients. It seems to be effective for opening the air ways, but it is not for immediate rescue. We generally use it to keep the airway open after we give something like albuterol initially. Some things to keep in mind, your blood sugar may be checked because cortisones (which is what this is) can cause hyperglycemia. Also, cortisones can cause water retention and weight gain. Generally, over a long period of time, I have seen it also affect skin tissue, but it is better to be able to breath."

Therealnursesarah March 8, 2011

"In the summer I often have severe allergic reactions to things like horse hair, cotton, and cut grass. Those reactions swell up my eyes like a tennis ball. Prednisone really helps tame the swelling and stops me from sneezing. To bad it's very unhealthy, or I'd take it more often if I could."

RedMozi January 31, 2011

"I have been taking this medicine for 7 days now. It cleared up my skin rash related to an allergic reaction fairly quick. It's worked great. The only con for me was severe headache but cold ice packs helped with that. Drink lots of fluid!"

Anonymous August 27, 2009

"I have been taking prednisone for three days. I'm hoping my allergy will clear up soon. I have not had a sense of smell for over six months. I will give an update if I have any changes in my allergy."

brownsugar45 April 24, 2009