User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Prednisone review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 131 medications used in the treatment of Allergic Reactions.

Reviews for Prednisone to treat Allergic Reactions

Review by Alvill:

I had severe allergic reaction to shellfish twice and I took prednisone 10 mg for 5 days. The skin rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. Six months later I experienced same condition. I suspect this time was caused by taking vitamins. The rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. I recommend this medicine.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2013 1:16 AM

Review by farm life:

I get poison ivy so bad, and have severe allergic reactions to insect bites, I believe my last bite on the forehead was a horsefly and my eyes were swelling shut as I was swallowing 3 prednisone. I get relief in 20 minutes. I have to keep it on hand and only have to use it for several days.

June 6, 2013 10:20 PM

Review by ACslater (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Prednisone worked wonders on me. It took a few days to start working but once it did it was like night and day for my allergies. It totally kicked them out of my system. This was 5 years ago and I am still allergy free. I have recommended Prednisone to everyone.

April 18, 2013 1:06 PM

Review by MJDD:

Took Prednisone for severe amoxicillin allergy. For 24 hours at a time this stopped my tongue from swelling and all hives disappeared.

January 12, 2013 9:47 AM

Review by Therealnursesarah:

Deltasone (prednisone): We generally use the prednisone (Deltasone is the brand name) for our chronic lung disease patients. It seems to be effective for opening the air ways, but it is not for immediate rescue. We generally use it to keep the airway open after we give something like albuterol initially. Some things to keep in mind, your blood sugar may be checked because cortisones (which is what this is) can cause hyperglycemia. Also, cortisones can cause water retention and weight gain. Generally, over a long period of time, I have seen it also affect skin tissue, but it is better to be able to breath.

March 8, 2011 5:28 PM

Review by RedMozi:

In the summer I often have severe allergic reactions to things like horse hair, cotton, and cut grass. Those reactions swell up my eyes like a tennis ball. Prednisone really helps tame the swelling and stops me from sneezing. To bad it's very unhealthy, or I'd take it more often if I could.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2011 6:40 PM

I have been taking this medicine for 7 days now. It cleared up my skin rash related to an allergic reaction fairly quick. It's worked great. The only con for me was severe headache but cold ice packs helped with that. Drink lots of fluid!

August 27, 2009 1:29 AM

Review by brownsugar45:

I have been taking prednisone for three days. I'm hoping my allergy will clear up soon. I have not had a sense of smell for over six months. I will give an update if I have any changes in my allergy.

April 24, 2009 11:05 AM