User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 102 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculous Meningitis 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 176 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Prednisone

For Eczema: "I have Eczema on my scalp and around my eyes. My eyes crack and bleed and look awful. I have asthma & allergies and now the eczema. So if I have a important function I start the prednisone a couple days before. I always take it in the morning with food & milk. I have been on prednisone for a long time off and on with my asthma so I know the side effects. "

yellalot July 17, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2012. Sept 2013 was the last time I wore a pair heels & have been living with severe pains throughout my entire body. I had seen 5 different doctors, pres. Methotrexate & HCQS, but I would still be in so much pain, crying had become a normal part of my day. I was advised to see a sixth doctor (which I was not anxious to do) who was the only person to prescribe prednisolone. The very first day(2014/06/04), I was given IV Hydrocorticoid and 30mg Prednisone. Before the day ended, I was feeling so much better. To date, I'm on 20mg and Sulfasalazine and I'm back at work, run up & down stairs and so much happier to be like my old self. I do worry about the side effects since I already gained weight but I am so much better."

Niya2615 June 24, 2014

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "This medication does work great. However, the side effects are no fun. It cause weight gain, mood swings, and a host of other side effects. If the bad side effects were not there, I would definitely stay on this medication, because it helps so much with the pain and all of the other medical conditions that Lupus can cause."

small town mom May 28, 2014

Deltasone (prednisone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Because of the length of time on Prednisone, I now look like a moon-faced pregnant linebacker. BUT, it has been the ONLY medicine since diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis that has given me any relief close to being able to function. I've been warned of the serious side effects, but with medicines everything is a trade off in my opinion. Without Prednisone, I may be out of bed a total of 2 hrs per 24hr period--& that's a GOOD day!"

BGM0512 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2014

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had COPD with chest pain, also I had shoulder pain due to lifting heavy objects last year. I had started prednisone 20mg x 2 two days back. I shall take it for 5 days. I felt much better on on second day only. Today is third day and I am feeling much better. My COPD symptoms improved very much. Also reduced swelling in my shoulder magically. I had not taken it for shoulder pain but it improved very much. Now I can raise my hand 90 degree which was impossible two days back. My breathless due to smoking related COPD is getting cured. improved upto 60%. Three more days to go, I shall update you."

ajit96 April 10, 2014

For Bursitis: "Pain is a lot better, However can't sleep sweats and red face. But it has helped a lot - on 6 day pack hoping I can get back to my regular sleep habits. Feel hungry but not eating extra."

Agorafolks March 3, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Works like a charm! Very effective. Miserable side effects. I would take this only for emergencies."

Tomh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had terrible pain from a pinched nerve in my neck. For five day I was in agony. They gave me prednisone in the morning after I went to see my doctor and literally by five in the afternoon 80% of the debilitating pain was gone. It was really a miracle."

Michael be Aryeh (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bursitis: "Holding off having hip replaced due to money. Tried OTC/ NSAIDs, finally broke down, went to clinic, prescribed prednisone, excellent results, still some pain, but not nearly as severe, lowered the dose from 40mg to 20mg per day, still effective, no side effects beside increased appetite."

MaxMesa (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2014

Deltasone (prednisone) for Asthma: "Works to help open airways, but made me very moody."

Mandie161312 January 28, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was hospitalized 2 years ago with ra for a week,that's how bad I was. I woke up totally crippled in every joint, it hit me all at once. I have been on predisone since day one,in the hospital I was on 260 mg, get the picture of how bad I was. I have been on 60 mg for over a year on top of every ra med you could imagine plus I get injections of pres twice a month,we rotate every joint from my neck to my legs. And yes it is s miracle work since nothing else has helped but it has made me so fat,60 lbs in two years with a found face. It also causes serious side effects with diabetes. I wish I could get off of it, I stopped on my own once and was in sever pain and felt like I had the flu and my rhum.Dr from John Hopkins said I had withdrawls."

kista50 January 18, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Prednisone works well when it needs to, but the side effects are horrible. I'm only 16, had my first flare when I was 14. I ended up on prednisone for almost 6 months while trying to find a treatment that worked for me (Asacol, then Remicade, etc.) and it did keep my flare in check. While I was on it, I had a huge appetite and ended up gaining close to 20 pounds. My face also got swollen, and I grew hair in some gross places like the back of my neck. After I was off it I slowly returned to my normal weight and most of the side effects disappeared. The side effects are a bummer, but other than that it does it's job."

Guest* December 31, 2013

For Gouty Arthritis: "Prednisone has been a miracle for me. I have stage 4 Polycystic Kidney Disease, and my uric acid levels are really high. I suffer from chronic, crippling gout in my feet, ankles, and knees. It never goes away. I've started Uloric but the gout hasn't subsided. It was to the point that my job was in jeopardy. The only thing I could take for the pain was Tylenol. My Nephrologist prescribed Prednisone, and after 1 day all gout pain had subsided. Blessed relief! After a week, the edema in my feet had disappeared. My side effects include acne, increased appetite, constipation and some insomnia, but I'll take all of it if it means no more gout pain."

Spriggo2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2013

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been diagnosed with lupus (SLE) and had fluid around my lungs and heart caused by an inflamation iin the body. After corrective surgery was put on 10 mg prednisone 3times a day. Felt an immediate improvement in my overall health with no side effects. Now down to one 10 mg pill per day."

RHK November 7, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "I had severe allergic reaction to shellfish twice and I took prednisone 10 mg for 5 days. The skin rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. Six months later I experienced same condition. I suspect this time was caused by taking vitamins. The rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. I recommend this medicine."

Alvill October 7, 2013

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Fibromyalgia: "100% accurate."

Roy Sizemore (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2013

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Cluster Headaches: "Sleeplessness."

jigg June 15, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "I get poison ivy so bad, and have severe allergic reactions to insect bites, I believe my last bite on the forehead was a horsefly and my eyes were swelling shut as I was swallowing 3 prednisone. I get relief in 20 minutes. I have to keep it on hand and only have to use it for several days."

farm life June 6, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "Prednisone worked wonders on me. It took a few days to start working but once it did it was like night and day for my allergies. It totally kicked them out of my system. This was 5 years ago and I am still allergy free. I have recommended Prednisone to everyone."

ACslater (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2013

For Eczema: "Currently started a prednisone treatment and since i've used it before I'm more aware of the side effects. My suggestion is to take this in the morning. The last time I used this I lost alot of sleep. Drove me to insomnia because of nervousness. Overall the medicine was very effective."

EWAL (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Ended up with bad inflammation in the chest. Felt like I was being stabbed while breathing. Other medicines did not work. As soon as I was given my first dose in the E.R., 15 minutes later I was feeling better and not suffering anymore."

stevie poway (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2013

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "I was diagnosed with crohn's disease in 1976. Since my diagnosis I have had two resections of bowel. The last one in 1986, prednisone has been my only source of relief in the flair up since then. My doctor are reluctant to give it to me any more because of my weight, (i have always been large) and I am diabetic. I had the moon face but the relief it brought was worth it and you can fight the hunger. I am facing a suture at this time with a flare up it was difficult to convince my doctor to allow me to have prednisone short term to get through this flare up. They say they have a new medicine they recommend but I find it very expensive, with insurance, it called budesonide. It is suppose to have fewer side effects."

MARJ2BFREE (taken for 10 years or more) February 1, 2013

Meticorten (prednisone) for Skin Rash: "Prednisone causes rashes for me."

Sade1960 January 22, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "Took Prednisone for severe amoxicillin allergy. For 24 hours at a time this stopped my tongue from swelling and all hives disappeared. "

MJDD January 12, 2013

For Sarcoidosis: "I was graduated from initial 40mg to 2.5mg. This was found to be ineffective as I was always in and out of hospital with cough and other symptoms of sarcoidosis. I was later put on 20mg and all symptoms disappeared. My doctor is considering reducing it to 10mg."

thankful soul (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 16, 2012