Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 117 medications Not rated - Be the first
Loeffler's Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycosis Fungoides 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 130 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Prednisone

Review by rheumarth:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis eight years ago and have been on many concoctions of pills since. When I got really bad flares that rendered me disabled I was treated with prednisone. For me this has been a miracle. I have had it injected into affected joints and also general injections. When direct into joints, the relief is almost instant, I could walk, move my hands like a miracle. When injected generally, it took three or four separate injections over 3-4 days before any improvement but it worked every time. I have to say, I don't know what I would have done over the years without prednisone. The side effects I suffered where weight gain and insomnia but these where better than being in agony and disabled.

January 8, 2012 8:18 PM

Review by McStevie:

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I have been taking this medication for 1 month for Spondyloarthritis - 10mg in the morning and 15mg Mobic at night and have noticed the following improvements - improvement in planta fasciitis to point of being minor, improvement in bursitis on opposite foot to being minor, improvement in pain in thumb from not being able to hold a pen to being able to give firm handshake. No adverse reactions. Swelling in toe still evident but reduced in foot. Was advised of side effects and have altered diet and increased exercise to avoid any weight gain. Have lost weight which may be associated with altered regime or this medicine.

January 5, 2012 8:20 PM

For Bursitis: I had elbow bursitis so bad, I could not sleep, move my arm. Missed work etc. Tried Advil, naproxen and tylenol and codeine. Prednisone is the only thing that works and started working within 6 hours. Took it for 7 days and my arm felt so much better. After I went off, it slowly came back but not quite as bad. Took it for another 7 days and it healed 90 percent.

January 3, 2012 6:01 PM

Review by Gerb:

For Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura: Its supposed to help maintain a higher platelet count, but the results are not steady. Dosages bouncing from 40mg/day to 60mg/day, depending on week-to-week platelet counts.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2011 4:16 AM

Review by FeliciaFaulkner18018:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I started taking prednisone just a couple of days ago (take my last dose tomorrow). In September I received a very bad case of pneumonia. I have been having very bad breathing problems since then. The only thing the doctors can come up with is extreme inflammation. The first day I took these medicines (4 on the first day) I felt AMAZING, best I have felt in months. It didn't last though, next day took 3.... felt okay.... today 2.... felt like my usually crappy self. So I didn't have such a good experience with it, except for that first day. Gosh I could cry thinking about how great it made me feel.

December 19, 2011 12:37 AM

For Inflammatory Conditions: Really cheap. I am a classical singer and had two concerts coming up and almost no voice because my vocal cords were swollen. Tried tea, water, sleep, vocal rest... a week later and I'm still unable to make sound come out of my mouth after a middle C (for non-musicians- that's not very high!). I was prescribed 20 mg in the morning for three days and then 10 mg for three more. I'm still on day 1 but it already seems to be making a difference in my voice. I'm feeling the side effects though- 8 hours after my first dose I was jittery (no involuntary movements but I felt nervous and needed to move around a lot). Hard to sleep and felt a little out of it- like I was on a mild dose of Vicodin.

December 10, 2011 1:53 AM

Review by bch01:

For Gouty Arthritis: Prednisone is excellent for killing gout inflammation and pain. I have tried colchicine and had no relief, but prednisone works within hours. One or two doses is usually enough if taken at first sign of pain. The only side effect is it sends sugar readings high for a day or perhaps two if you need to continue taking it. After a few days it brings the sugar readings down quite low. For me its great - use it.

November 16, 2011 8:49 PM

Review by vwhite37:

For Asthma: I have asthma and usually twice a year I have to take prednisone. About two years ago I was in the E.R and they gave me a 10mg shot of Decadron. Well both arms went numb. Now every time I take a steroid either shot or by mouth my left arm will go numb. I am going to my allergist tomorrow and do a drug challenge for prednisone. Wish me well! I will let you know what happens.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 14, 2011 10:24 PM

Review by boobmark123:

For Inflammatory Conditions: Diagnosed from MRI with bone spurs on cervical vertebrae. Took 10mg, 48 pill, pack on 12 day schedule. Completely relieved pain and numbness for two and a half months. Starting new pack , now three months later. No noted side effects.

October 29, 2011 10:52 AM

For Inflammatory Conditions: Prednisone helps shrink my bulging back disc and provides full relief that lasts until I do something foolish again. I have taken a full regimen 3 times in the last 4 years

October 18, 2011 11:51 AM

Review by AprilLb:

For Ulcerative Colitis: 10 out of 10 for controlling the colitis and getting the healing process going, but 0 out of 10 for the side effects. Thus, a 5/10 average. Been on prednisone for about 4 months at a variety of doses (40mg to start, then 30, 20, 15, 10, 5). Has alleviated many of the colitis symptoms and allowed for semi-normal bathroom habits. Used in conjunction with mesalamine, canasa, and vancomycin for a stubborn C-diff infection. Side effects: Stimulant effects at first (like too much coffee), elevated mood and MASSIVE appetite, puffy face. During the taper process: insomnia, anxiety, depression, rapid heart beat. NOT FUN.

October 13, 2011 11:47 AM

Review by sibbie:

For Lichen Planus: Prednisone is the only medicine that suppresses this dreadful condition. As soon as I stop taking it, the condition returns with a vengeance.

September 14, 2011 3:28 PM

For Pharyngitis: I went to the doctor Tuesday after feeling a sore throat Monday morning. Tuesday I woke up with white puss on my tonsils, couldn't swallow at all (felt like I was swallowing glass), and was going through hot and cold flashes and had to go to my doctor immediately. I tested negative for strep throat. I was put on amoxicillin for three days, and nothing worked. I went back on Friday, had a shot of prednisone as well as a prescription for it lasting 9 days along with Avelox. I woke up Saturday morning and felt 80 percent better. I am so glad that I had the chance to take this medicine and highly endorse it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2011 10:23 PM

For Skin Rash: I got poison Oak or Ivy not sure which one but after a steroid shot and being prescribed prednisone the rash went away in a couple weeks. At the end of the dosage I did have a pretty bad break out of acne on my chest and my back.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 23, 2011 7:43 PM

Review by Kymba:

For Ulcerative Colitis: Well, I have been on it for about 5 months and now being weaned off. Lots of sweating, eyes hurt, joints hurt and my nerves are a bit amplified. No more bleeding, I just hope that when I am all the way off it the pouchitus will not return.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2011 3:50 PM

For Skin Rash: I got a terrible rash from being exposed to poison ivy. It was all over. The prednisone was a terrifically fast cure. However, I experienced terrible side effects: increased sweating, shakiness, mood swings (my poor boyfriend) and weight gain.

August 3, 2011 2:02 PM

Review by Sam500:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have polymyalgia rheumatitis in my joints. The only thing for this disease is prednisone so I take it. I have had 10 lbs of weight gain, hot flashes all the time, excessive urination (at least 5 times during the night) but the pain in my joints is gone. I am slowly working my way off of prednisone 1 1/2 tabs right now) within 12 - 15 weeks I should be off and my disease should be gone. So I'm a lucky one.

July 18, 2011 11:23 AM

Review by B*tchy pills:

For Asthma: I have been on Prednisone for 8 months now. I have every side effect going. I am decreasing dose slowly now and am down to 15mg. This is the first time I got down this low on these. I an hoping to be completely off them in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2011 9:49 PM

For Inflammatory Conditions: My Doctor put me on prednisone, 20mg a day for carpal tunnel. I was on gabapentin but I'm in the 1% that has severe reactions to it. I'm also on spironolactone, 200mg a day for my polycystic ovarian syndrome. Spironolactone which helps greatly with the water retention, and acne side effects of the prednisone.

June 21, 2011 5:23 AM

For Inflammatory Conditions: Great temporary relief from plantar fasciitis. Suffered with heel pain for 6 months. Was prescribed Prednisone for a severe chest cold, to help with breathing. Next day, heel pain was gone. Had about a week supply, and had no heel pain for a week. About three days after stopping, heel pain returned. It is NOT a cure, but a much welcomed temporary relief. All tabs were 20mg. Three the first day, two the second day, then one per day for 5 days. Awesome relief.

June 11, 2011 6:08 PM

Review by still going:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 77 and have taken prednisone since I was 28. When first diagnosed I was told to take 10 aspirin in the morning and 10 in the evening. Really tough going with many serious side effects. Later I was prescribed prednisone and I knew it was a miracle medicine for me. I could hold an egg without dropping it and walk without extreme pain. Now I am on 5mg Prednisone with Methotrexate and Remicade. I am so happy to have quality of life with quantity due to the wisdom of the Rheumatologist!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2011 11:29 PM

For Ulcerative Colitis: Severe muscle and joint pain, and chest pain.

June 8, 2011 2:13 AM

For Immunosuppression: I am grateful for my transplant however side effects of this medicine have been crazy. I was on it for 8 years with my first transplant. I put on 50lbs in 6 months. Broke out all over my chest and back. My hair grew thick and dark everywhere. Now with my second transplant I put on 65 lbs, no break out and have been experiencing hair loss. The entire time I've been on it I have had major mood changes and agitation.

June 3, 2011 2:33 AM

Review by WeNdElL74:

For Asthma: I have been on and off prednisone for the last 10 years. The last few years I have been on it a lot more due to my severe, severe, severe Steroid Dependent Asthma that is not controlled with the medicines I am on including the Xolair Shots. This recent round I have been on 40mg since March 23rd until June 15th when I go back to see my Doctor.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2011 2:44 PM

For Immunosuppression: Very little side effects. Taking very high dosage.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate