User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 115 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 116 medications Not rated - Be the first
Loeffler's Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycosis Fungoides 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 122 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Prednisone

Review by boobmark123: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: Diagnosed from MRI with bone spurs on cervical vertebrae. Took 10mg, 48 pill, pack on 12 day schedule. Completely relieved pain and numbness for two and a half months. Starting new pack , now three months later. No noted side effects.

October 29, 2011 10:52 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: Prednisone helps shrink my bulging back disc and provides full relief that lasts until I do something foolish again. I have taken a full regimen 3 times in the last 4 years

October 18, 2011 11:51 AM
Review by AprilLb: User Rating:

prednisone for Ulcerative Colitis: 10 out of 10 for controlling the colitis and getting the healing process going, but 0 out of 10 for the side effects. Thus, a 5/10 average. Been on prednisone for about 4 months at a variety of doses (40mg to start, then 30, 20, 15, 10, 5). Has alleviated many of the colitis symptoms and allowed for semi-normal bathroom habits. Used in conjunction with mesalamine, canasa, and vancomycin for a stubborn C-diff infection. Side effects: Stimulant effects at first (like too much coffee), elevated mood and MASSIVE appetite, puffy face. During the taper process: insomnia, anxiety, depression, rapid heart beat. NOT FUN.

October 13, 2011 11:47 AM
Review by sibbie: User Rating:

prednisone for Lichen Planus: Prednisone is the only medicine that suppresses this dreadful condition. As soon as I stop taking it, the condition returns with a vengeance.

September 14, 2011 3:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Pharyngitis: I went to the doctor Tuesday after feeling a sore throat Monday morning. Tuesday I woke up with white puss on my tonsils, couldn't swallow at all (felt like I was swallowing glass), and was going through hot and cold flashes and had to go to my doctor immediately. I tested negative for strep throat. I was put on amoxicillin for three days, and nothing worked. I went back on Friday, had a shot of prednisone as well as a prescription for it lasting 9 days along with Avelox. I woke up Saturday morning and felt 80 percent better. I am so glad that I had the chance to take this medicine and highly endorse it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 3, 2011 10:23 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Skin Rash: I got poison Oak or Ivy not sure which one but after a steroid shot and being prescribed prednisone the rash went away in a couple weeks. At the end of the dosage I did have a pretty bad break out of acne on my chest and my back.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 23, 2011 7:43 PM
Review by Kymba: User Rating:

prednisone for Ulcerative Colitis: Well, I have been on it for about 5 months and now being weaned off. Lots of sweating, eyes hurt, joints hurt and my nerves are a bit amplified. No more bleeding, I just hope that when I am all the way off it the pouchitus will not return.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2011 3:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Skin Rash: I got a terrible rash from being exposed to poison ivy. It was all over. The prednisone was a terrifically fast cure. However, I experienced terrible side effects: increased sweating, shakiness, mood swings (my poor boyfriend) and weight gain.

August 3, 2011 2:02 PM
Review by Sam500: User Rating:

prednisone for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have polymyalgia rheumatitis in my joints. The only thing for this disease is prednisone so I take it. I have had 10 lbs of weight gain, hot flashes all the time, excessive urination (at least 5 times during the night) but the pain in my joints is gone. I am slowly working my way off of prednisone 1 1/2 tabs right now) within 12 - 15 weeks I should be off and my disease should be gone. So I'm a lucky one.

July 18, 2011 11:23 AM
Review by B*tchy pills: User Rating:

prednisone for Asthma: I have been on Prednisone for 8 months now. I have every side effect going. I am decreasing dose slowly now and am down to 15mg. This is the first time I got down this low on these. I an hoping to be completely off them in the next 3 or 4 weeks.

June 30, 2011 9:49 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: My Doctor put me on prednisone, 20mg a day for carpal tunnel. I was on gabapentin but I'm in the 1% that has severe reactions to it. I'm also on spironolactone, 200mg a day for my polycystic ovarian syndrome. Spironolactone which helps greatly with the water retention, and acne side effects of the prednisone.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 21, 2011 5:23 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: Great temporary relief from plantar fasciitis. Suffered with heel pain for 6 months. Was prescribed Prednisone for a severe chest cold, to help with breathing. Next day, heel pain was gone. Had about a week supply, and had no heel pain for a week. About three days after stopping, heel pain returned. It is NOT a cure, but a much welcomed temporary relief. All tabs were 20mg. Three the first day, two the second day, then one per day for 5 days. Awesome relief.

June 11, 2011 6:08 PM
Review by still going: User Rating:

prednisone for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 77 and have taken prednisone since I was 28. When first diagnosed I was told to take 10 aspirin in the morning and 10 in the evening. Really tough going with many serious side effects. Later I was prescribed prednisone and I knew it was a miracle medicine for me. I could hold an egg without dropping it and walk without extreme pain. Now I am on 5mg Prednisone with Methotrexate and Remicade. I am so happy to have quality of life with quantity due to the wisdom of the Rheumatologist!

June 9, 2011 11:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Ulcerative Colitis: Severe muscle and joint pain, and chest pain.

June 8, 2011 2:13 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Immunosuppression: I am grateful for my transplant however side effects of this medicine have been crazy. I was on it for 8 years with my first transplant. I put on 50lbs in 6 months. Broke out all over my chest and back. My hair grew thick and dark everywhere. Now with my second transplant I put on 65 lbs, no break out and have been experiencing hair loss. The entire time I've been on it I have had major mood changes and agitation.

June 3, 2011 2:33 AM
Review by WeNdElL74: User Rating:

prednisone for Asthma: I have been on and off prednisone for the last 10 years. The last few years I have been on it a lot more due to my severe, severe, severe Steroid Dependent Asthma that is not controlled with the medicines I am on including the Xolair Shots. This recent round I have been on 40mg since March 23rd until June 15th when I go back to see my Doctor.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 20, 2011 2:44 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Immunosuppression: Very little side effects. Taking very high dosage.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 11, 2011 3:58 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

prednisone for Asthma: Like the other commentators, when my asthma is really, really bad and all my other medications together are not enough, prednisone does make me better. But for me prednisone has had a bad side effect- I now have mild cataracts. So I avoid taking it as much as I can.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 5, 2011 5:34 AM
Review by Jendoo: User Rating:

prednisone for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Immediately made me feel like a new person! Helped me walk "normal" again, and go down stairs without horrible pain. Made my hands and feet swelling improve greatly. My hands were squishy, my feet were so swollen I couldn't fit in my shoes, and my toes looked like little sausages. Like any other medication there was side effects, of course moon face, weight gain, hair loss and horrible taste but I would do it all over again because it helped me so much with pain, swelling and is continuing to help me live normal. Yay for prednisone.

April 1, 2011 9:16 PM
Review by FreshScape: User Rating:

prednisone for Skin Rash: I am a teenager who got poison ivy rash all over my face. Went to the doctor and got prescribed this. Took as instructed, and the next day, 85% of the rash was gone and most of the itching. Never seen medicine actually work in a few hours like this!

March 24, 2011 10:15 PM
Review by kellyyyy: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: I took a medicine and my throat swelled up to the point where I couldn't get a word out, and had to write things down to communicate. My Doctor prescribed me 75mg of prednisone, and immediately I could feel the difference. Within 2 days my throat was back to normal and I felt great again, loved this.

March 13, 2011 5:27 PM
Review by Therealnursesarah: User Rating:

Deltasone (prednisone) for Allergic Reactions: We generally use the prednisone (Deltasone is the brand name) for our chronic lung disease patients. It seems to be effective for opening the air ways, but it is not for immediate rescue. We generally use it to keep the airway open after we give something like albuterol initially. Some things to keep in mind, your blood sugar may be checked because cortisones (which is what this is) can cause hyperglycemia. Also, cortisones can cause water retention and weight gain. Generally, over a long period of time, I have seen it also affect skin tissue, but it is better to be able to breath.

March 8, 2011 5:28 PM
Review by Hilary E: User Rating:

prednisone for Inflammatory Conditions: This was easy to take after leaving the hospital. Take it with food definitely. I started out with 4 pills all at once and then gradually reduced them day by day as directed by my doctor. I found I had increased energy and appetite. Also, they cleared up my seborrheic dermatitis that I have been treating for several years now with topical solutions. I would definitely use this steroid again.

February 27, 2011 6:06 PM
Review by Tempie: User Rating:

I was prescribed prednisone 20 mg for a swollen uvula. I was supposed to take it for 4 days, however, on the 3rd day I got a terrible pain in my head and did not take the medicine for the day. The swelling in my uvula is gone, however, for the past 20 hours I am still experiencing the weird pain in my head when I get up, sit down, or lay down.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 9, 2011 3:01 AM
Review by RedMozi: User Rating:

prednisone for Allergic Reactions: In the summer I often have severe allergic reactions to things like horse hair, cotton, and cut grass. Those reactions swell up my eyes like a tennis ball. Prednisone really helps tame the swelling and stops me from sneezing. To bad it's very unhealthy, or I'd take it more often if I could.

January 31, 2011 6:40 PM
Page 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Suffering from knee pain? Find out how real people manage OA of the Knee. Watch Video