User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 3)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 227 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Prednisone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I suffer from bad urticaria/hives and the anti histamines the doctor prescribed did next to nothing. Prescribed Prednisone, almost instant relief, the only drawback is I stay awake longer, require less sleep, but I'm not tired so no biggy, just wish I had been prescribed this a long time ago. I only take 1 or 2 when the hives are really bad, about once every 2 or 3 weeks."

magyme July 4, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was put on prednisone for the first time for a rare form of colitis. I was in terrible pain and had to use the bathroom about 20 times a day. I was hospitalized with dehydration and vomiting and the extreme diarrhea. After six days on a high dosage I was much better and sent home on a maintenance regimen of 10 mg. per day. This therapy did not cure my condition but cut down on my frequent hospitalizations. So, to make a long story shorter I was prescribed prednisone in differing strengths for twenty years. At that point prednisone had done so much harm to my body that I insisted on stopping it. I have developed severe osteoporosis and my back is starting to get a "hump". My skin is so thin that it is like tissue paper and I get bruises all over me."

brn2run2 (taken for 10 years or more) July 4, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Female (23) I was diegnosed with UC in 2008 at age 15. Got horrible abdominal pain, I'd roll up in a ball n just cry, frequent bathroom trips, blood clots and dropped down to 100 pounds. I tried several medications none of them worked except prednizone. I agree side affects are horribly I've had different reactions all 3 times I been put on them feeling wired not sleeping till 6am looking like a chip munk, broke out in itchy bumps on my chest jaw line and back, joint pains BUT as others said it did stop my inflammation immediately. After that I was put on azithiroprine and has been the only medication that has controlled my UC thank goodness . Don't let UC control you. You control UC! Always be srtong and very open minded about your disease "

Teresa143 July 3, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had a full bone scan and found arthritis in almost every joint, worst being knee, wrists fingers, feet and neck. I was prescribed Prednisone and within 1-2 days they worked, however, one of the side effects is weight gain. I do recommend them if you don't mind putting on a lot of weight. I didn't stay on them because of this but have taken full strength Glucosomine every day for years, I think over time they have gradually repaired some damage to the joints. A lot of times I could feel an attack of arthritis coming on, I would feel extremely tired, words even slurred so I would take 1/2 to 1 Prednisone, no pain next day."

Rachael1122 June 29, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "only concern- prolonged use. (generic form)"

almost instant relief from inflammation June 26, 2015

For Nephrotic Syndrome: "It definitely works well for lowering protein in the urine and facial/digital swelling, yeah. It's good in that sense, and pretty bad in any other. Very noticeable side effects I've experienced include aggression, increased appetite (which once made me fairly overweight), uneven distribution of fat (mostly in the gut and neck), trouble breathing, a constant need to yawn, short breath, wheezing, acne, and high blood pressure. I've had to take more medications just to combat the side effects. It's not always too fast in encouraging urination either, I've had to take diuretics along with it. It also tastes terrible. Like, really really bad."

PinkPuppy (taken for 10 years or more) June 20, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "FINALLY. This is my sixth year of dealing with excruciating herniated disc pain - L4/L5 and just this past month my cervical vertebrae (neck) had inflammation so severe I lost all feeling in my right arm. The pain has been almost unbearable. For the first time ever, I feel that my doctor has addressed the underlying cause, rather than just symptom management!! I am almost afraid to get excited, because it feels almost too good to be true. I even jogged today. The only side effect I've experienced is a bit of weird moodiness thankfully recognized and controllable, and nothing compared to the near nervous-breakdowns I was having because of the pain. Fingers crossed that this time, I can get off the pain meds and get my life back."

Tired of Suffering (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2015

Rayos (prednisone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Its been around forever but it works well."

Cosmic Debris (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am only 2 hrs into my first dose of Prednisone but felt compelled to write a review as it was 'It CAN Be Ok" review posted on Dec 26, 2014 that really helped me to actually take it. I had a horrific experience Aug 2014 when my doctor put me on a beta blocker and I had a really bad reaction. I was unaware of what it was then, apparently it was an anxiety/panic attack. Since then I have been afraid to take anything for fear of repeat. I've only been dealing with mild anxiety since that episode, probably because of that episode. New back injury- I was prescribed Pred. I was afraid to take it until I read 12/26/14 post. I took the muscle relaxer 1st 3 hours ahead, took my predn w/ dinner, NO Anxiety! NOTHING! I feel great! Fingers crossed!"

Sweetleigh3 (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2015

For Skin Rash: "I have dealt with an itching face for several months. I was embarrassed for anyone to see my face. After purchasing numerous over the counter creams, without any results, I decided it was time to see the doctor. Thank God for prednisone...the itching went away and my skin is clear."

Finally a solution May 29, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I've been suffering from fibromyalgia for over 10 years now..a few months ago I was stricken with Bell's palsy and was given a course of prednisone and Valtrex. Combined, it took away the palsy within a week but it also took away all my pain and stiffness. I've since learned that most people with Fibromyalgia have some type of herpes..herpes virus can also cause bell's palsy. There are many herpes viruses and not all show any outward symptoms. I highly suggest getting tested for all herpes viruses if you suffer from fibromyalgia. I'd bet dollars to donuts you have one type of herpes virus...like cold sores. The combo of low dose anti-inflammatory and the anti-viral is what works. I worked with my doc to find the lowest doses that worked."

Greenmama (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was hospitalized three times last year for ulcerative colitis and severe anemia. I had tried asacol, sulfasalazine and nothing worked. I was afraid to try the prednisone and when I finally did, it helped immediately. I could kick myself for waiting so long and almost dying from blood loss before I got It. The side effects that I had were insomnia, feeling wired and roid ragey, and after 7 months on it I gained around 50 lbs. It gives you the mad munchies. It's not long term fix because of the long term health risks, diabetes, vision loss, hump neck, weight gain and it also suppresses your immune system. Remicaid worked for me while I was on prednisone, but once I tapered off I had the most terrible joint pain and arthralgia and edema."

mjmax79 May 24, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "This was a re-occurance of my PMR. My Family Practice doctor did an ESR which was elevated. He put me on Prednisone 40mg q d in Nov. He said he'd check my last bone density--if he did he failed to mention it to me. I FELT BETTER! --had tons of energy and appetite. went on to gain 30 lbs. Within a month I developed L knee pain; then R sciatic pain; then R groin (L3-4) pain; then L sciatic pain and inability to ambulate because of the pain, muscle weakness and gen'l disability . The Prednisone was gradually decreased/increased per results of the ESRs. I demanded an MRI, this showed an Insuffuciency Fracture of my Sacrum. This meant 12 weeks of pain, bed rest, visiting nurses,PT/OT, etc. Now, I'm starting Fosamax"

marge/maine May 19, 2015

For Mixed Connective Tissue Disease: "Take with extreme caution with Dr. able to be reached quickly. I lost the back & edges of several teeth from side effects. Take for shortest time possible. Will effect bone matrix breakdown in some cases. You might feel wonderful , but be rotting inside, without knowledge about some unusual but possible side effects."

JayRe514 May 18, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I took 10 mg oral prednisone for about 3 months, and I was pleased that there were little to no side effects for me. Within a few days about 90% of pain in back, hands, knees shoulders disappeared for the first time in over 20 yrs or more. It was wonderful, but now my doctors are refusing to prescribe prednisone anymore for me. They say it makes bones brittle. Yet, none of them will prescribe another kind of medicine, saying my ana and sed rates are only a little on the high side.What can I do now?"

Didn't seem to have any negative side effects. May 17, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Inflamed tedonitis around top of leg, not far from groin area. This was injured from running. Been hurting for 3 weeks and getting worse. Just started a 10 day round of prednisone 10mg yesterday. Today I feel 85% better as far as pain. Incredible!!!!!!"

LiMa23 (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I've struggled with fibromyalgia for 15 years. I was prescribed prednisone for bronchitis and in one days time I was pain free and had energy thru the roof! I struggle a lot with daily things and not having strength or energy to do them. It's very depressing. I've considered asking my doctor to give it to me on a daily basis but I'm a little unsure. The bone weakening and weight gain concern me. Especially since I'm a mature women at age 42. Anyone that takes it, I ask do the pros outweigh the cons? Btw I'm a recovering addict. Was addicted to pain pills. All prescribed by pain doctor for the fibromyalgia. I chose to come off them but had to have help. Will prednisone do me the same way?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks and God Bless!"

Aprilh3073 May 10, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "Works fast if taken right away or when u feel a gout symptom coming on."

Dads1234 May 10, 2015

For Asthma: "I have taken Prednisone for asthma it seems to be working for now but I'm still having problems I'm wondering should I take something else with it because after 5 days still I have to go to the ER what else could help "

cleanair May 4, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Somehow, the Prednisone is working within hours this time. I have lupus and all other arthritis like conditions. First time, first day. Second round, about three days..... this time, almost immediately. How weird?"

Bearybuster April 28, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Prescribed 1 x 5mg tablet 4 times a day to help me shift a persistant cough wasn't expecting to be pain free with my tendonopathy. Within 2 days I could walk down stairs without having to put my foot on the same step. I even felt like I could run up stairs. Back at the dr's next week here's hoping she lets me stay on them. Not had any side effects yet.. Fingers crossed...."

Pretzel21 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "I am in the middle of my first gout attack. It started during the night, waking me with an unexplainable pain. My work nurse practitioner gave me an anti-inflammatory and checked my blood. My uric acid levels were very high. After three weeks I returned to her because the pain would not subside. This vivit she gave me a 5 day 20mg/day dose of prednisone and allopurinol to lower my uric acid. My toe started feeling better within 2 hours and drastically improved during the 5 day dose. I believe she told me the uric acid crystals form in your joints and your bodies immune system starts the fight which leads to swelling and soreness. The prednisone turns the immune system down, therefore reducing the pain and swelling. It worked for me."

Tiger Chewing my Big Toe April 20, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have bulging disc C4,5 and 6, cervical radiculopathy, peripheral neuropathy, DDD L4-L5 and asthma. Prednisone works for me! I take 5mg for 14 days. This med helps ease the pain giving me some relief and helps me breath much better. My neurologist is very hesitant about writing me another prescription. Don't understand why...only side effect is mild nausea."

easter bunny April 9, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Typical "bend over and injure lower back scenario" brought me to my knees. Excruciating. UC visit prescribed Prednzn plus Cyclob muscle relaxer. Amazing turnaround wirhin 48 hrs. Had other inflammation in shoulder and wrist that had gone untreated and cleared immediately along with back pain. Tho I'm not a fan of constant meds, the relief I realized coupled with zero side effects (9 days into regimen) causes me to give a big thumbs up to Prednzn for significant lower back inflammation."

TC in Michigan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was given 10mg for my ankle swelling after a fall. Too, that ankle had an old injury. I've only been on the 10mg for two days. The ankle is not swelling. Plus, the side effect is that my chronic back pain, arthritis, is much less! The ankle was also expertly wrapped by foot doctor. No swelling. I can walk better than ever! I am 80 years young!"

Yeclia (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2015