User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 94 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculous Meningitis 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 188 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Prednisone

For Gouty Arthritis: "A few hours after taking this and the swelling on my feet due to gout has subsided. Colchicine, Celecoxib and Etoricoxib does not work for me this worked like a charm."

YojStamaria December 3, 2014

For Gouty Arthritis: "Wonderful medicine for gout pain. I have been fighting gout for 7 years and I'm fairly young. My attacks have moved from the left big toe to the right big toe to the little toes now its taken my whole left side of my left foot. Colchicine and Vicodin didn't give me relief. Went back to the doctor got a steroid shot and some prednisone was walking within hours all the swelling that caused me excruciating was cleared. It's better than Indocin too me, trust me on this give it a try."

kyrst December 1, 2014

For Gouty Arthritis: "Have been getting gout on and off for over ten yrs. In the beginning 1-2 times a year now much more frequent. I would take indomethacin, and although it would make me dizzy it seemed to help acute attacks. I didn't feel ready to take a daily pill, like allopurinal or Colchicine. I finally caved in after last attack in my ankle, that lasted a month, and my Doc started me on allopurinol. It seemed to make things worse! Then a friend suggested prednisone. In 24 hrs my ankle is almost 100% better! (4 doses of 20 mgs- 80 mgs total) awesome results!"

Kalawai November 29, 2014

For Allergic Reactions: "I'm very allergic to certain pet dander, my eyes swell shut and itch. I also get an itchy rash on my forehead, neck, inner forearms and sides (probably I'm causing it to spread when I itch). When it gets bad I get a corticosteroid shot and prednisone. Within 24 hours all the inflammation has subsided. I would take it more often if it weren't so harmful for my body."

Christine8585 November 27, 2014

For Fibromyalgia: "I have had Fibromyalgia for twenty years. When I had a bout of poison ivy, my doctor put me on the prednisone step pack. All my pain was gone. I felt great. When I told the doctor about the results, she told me it was dangerous. My Endo told me the same thing. "

winnierenee (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2014

For Gouty Arthritis: "Been experiencing large hives on feet and hands for several years due to chronic Lyme. When first started experiencing joint pain in mid foot joint between small toe and ankle I assumed it was more of the same but did not go away in the typical 24 hrs last week. In fact it got worse over several days while traveling for work. When I got to my daughter's she made me see a doctor immediately and was diagnosed with gout. They prescribed 3-20 mg for 3 days with 1/2 tab reduction each 3 days until completing script. Pain subsided within 30 min of first day but pain did reoccur approx 18 hrs later as prednisone wore off. I took 2nd dose same results decreased inflammation and better mobility. Its been 13 hours and cannot sleep, foot feels hot."

Mr Logger (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2014

For Gouty Arthritis: "Prednisone is amazing! I had a gouty arthritis for 8 years. My gouty arthritis starts after I had kidney stones 9 years ago. My uric acid and creatinine is very high in the blood laboratory test. Doctor prescribed me allopurinol & colchicine but when I try prednisone because it was recommended to me by a friend, it was better than colchicine. I try to intake 30mg a day after 4 days my gout was gone. I don't recommend prednisone to use it for long period of time because it lowers your immune system. Use only when you needed it, if this medicine could not cure your gout, stop immediately to avoid side effects. "

Sweetdart November 9, 2014

For Cluster Headaches: "Taking the medicine 60mg (reducing by 5 mg per day over 1 week) worked until the dosage got down to 40 mg, then the headaches came back and the medicine was not effective at all. I am now on my second week of the same approach from my doctor and am writing this as at 04:00. I woke up at 02:00 and have not been able to sleep since. But, only 'normal' headaches so far."

Boggins (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2014

For COPD: "I have COPD. Experienced an exacerbation of the condition one evening. Went to ER. Coughing, shortness of breath and difficult breathing. I was given a Nebulizer treatment with the medication Albuterol Sulfate in ER and sent home with a Nebulizer machine to do the breathing treatment 2 x daily, AM and PM. Also, given 2 Prednisone before leaving ER with prescription for 14 tabs taken at various intervals until gone. I really felt great, full of energy, but as down to last of the medicine, feeling very achy all over, rather flu like. I know it is going off the Prednisone, as have taken it before some time ago, and you just kind of "crash" when you stop."

daxton (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2014

For Gouty Arthritis: "I've been getting chronic gout for about 9 years. Was given Prednisone for the first time last week (50mg once a day) it seems to work fast but I found that the pain starts coming back between doses. Still find it to be working better than the usual indomethacin and colchicine. The only side effect I've noticed is trouble sleeping."

Anonymous August 25, 2014

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Prednisone really surprised me as a miracle for severe pain. Previously I only knew about opiate painkillers. Reason: I suddenly couldn't walk or stand on one foot - severe throbbing pain. Hastily diagnosed as plantar fascitiis, but I didn't respond to the NSAID prescribed. Went to get a second opinion, as I'm convinced I've got a fracture. Anyhow, after *stressing* how severe my pain was, the second doctor gave me prednisone, oral tablets. My god, it's a miracle. I can walk again. And I feel like a million bucks to boot (euphoric side-effect?). I can still feel the pain slightly, but somehow the prednisone has got me to where I don't mind walking on it. I never knew that prednisone was a miracle severe pain-killer, but I know it now."

Working man (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2014

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Asthma: "I usually have my two big asthma attacks a year which is awful but prednisone helps a lot. I find the breathing comes back quickly but the side effects are horrible I have a count down going on for how many days left on I every time I'm on it but in the end it does miracles for me, the sweating is the worst part."

lc2008 July 28, 2014

For Sinusitis: "Constipation, then diarrhea, severe congestion, lung burning from severe cough, lots of snot & mucus in lungs, extreme fatigue."

D.J. July 19, 2014

For Eczema: "I have Eczema on my scalp and around my eyes. My eyes crack and bleed and look awful. I have asthma & allergies and now the eczema. So if I have a important function I start the prednisone a couple days before. I always take it in the morning with food & milk. I have been on prednisone for a long time off and on with my asthma so I know the side effects. "

yellalot July 17, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2012. Sept 2013 was the last time I wore a pair heels & have been living with severe pains throughout my entire body. I had seen 5 different doctors, pres. Methotrexate & HCQS, but I would still be in so much pain, crying had become a normal part of my day. I was advised to see a sixth doctor (which I was not anxious to do) who was the only person to prescribe prednisolone. The very first day(2014/06/04), I was given IV Hydrocorticoid and 30mg Prednisone. Before the day ended, I was feeling so much better. To date, I'm on 20mg and Sulfasalazine and I'm back at work, run up & down stairs and so much happier to be like my old self. I do worry about the side effects since I already gained weight but I am so much better."

Niya2615 June 24, 2014

For Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: "This medication does work great. However, the side effects are no fun. It cause weight gain, mood swings, and a host of other side effects. If the bad side effects were not there, I would definitely stay on this medication, because it helps so much with the pain and all of the other medical conditions that Lupus can cause."

small town mom May 28, 2014

Deltasone (prednisone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Because of the length of time on Prednisone, I now look like a moon-faced pregnant linebacker. BUT, it has been the ONLY medicine since diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis that has given me any relief close to being able to function. I've been warned of the serious side effects, but with medicines everything is a trade off in my opinion. Without Prednisone, I may be out of bed a total of 2 hrs per 24hr period--& that's a GOOD day!"

BGM0512 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2014

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had COPD with chest pain, also I had shoulder pain due to lifting heavy objects last year. I had started prednisone 20mg x 2 two days back. I shall take it for 5 days. I felt much better on on second day only. Today is third day and I am feeling much better. My COPD symptoms improved very much. Also reduced swelling in my shoulder magically. I had not taken it for shoulder pain but it improved very much. Now I can raise my hand 90 degree which was impossible two days back. My breathless due to smoking related COPD is getting cured. improved upto 60%. Three more days to go, I shall update you."

ajit96 April 10, 2014

For Bursitis: "Pain is a lot better, However can't sleep sweats and red face. But it has helped a lot - on 6 day pack hoping I can get back to my regular sleep habits. Feel hungry but not eating extra."

Agorafolks March 3, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Works like a charm! Very effective. Miserable side effects. I would take this only for emergencies."

Tomh219 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2014

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had terrible pain from a pinched nerve in my neck. For five day I was in agony. They gave me prednisone in the morning after I went to see my doctor and literally by five in the afternoon 80% of the debilitating pain was gone. It was really a miracle."

Michael be Aryeh (taken for less than 1 month) February 12, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Bursitis: "Holding off having hip replaced due to money. Tried OTC/ NSAIDs, finally broke down, went to clinic, prescribed prednisone, excellent results, still some pain, but not nearly as severe, lowered the dose from 40mg to 20mg per day, still effective, no side effects beside increased appetite."

MaxMesa (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2014

Deltasone (prednisone) for Asthma: "Works to help open airways, but made me very moody."

Mandie161312 January 28, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was hospitalized 2 years ago with ra for a week,that's how bad I was. I woke up totally crippled in every joint, it hit me all at once. I have been on predisone since day one,in the hospital I was on 260 mg, get the picture of how bad I was. I have been on 60 mg for over a year on top of every ra med you could imagine plus I get injections of pres twice a month,we rotate every joint from my neck to my legs. And yes it is s miracle work since nothing else has helped but it has made me so fat,60 lbs in two years with a found face. It also causes serious side effects with diabetes. I wish I could get off of it, I stopped on my own once and was in sever pain and felt like I had the flu and my rhum.Dr from John Hopkins said I had withdrawls."

kista50 January 18, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Prednisone works well when it needs to, but the side effects are horrible. I'm only 16, had my first flare when I was 14. I ended up on prednisone for almost 6 months while trying to find a treatment that worked for me (Asacol, then Remicade, etc.) and it did keep my flare in check. While I was on it, I had a huge appetite and ended up gaining close to 20 pounds. My face also got swollen, and I grew hair in some gross places like the back of my neck. After I was off it I slowly returned to my normal weight and most of the side effects disappeared. The side effects are a bummer, but other than that it does it's job."

Guest* December 31, 2013