User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 117 medications Not rated - Be the first
Tuberculous Meningitis 0 reviews 37 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 165 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Prednisone

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Prednisone works well when it needs to, but the side effects are horrible. I'm only 16, had my first flare when I was 14. I ended up on prednisone for almost 6 months while trying to find a treatment that worked for me (Asacol, then Remicade, etc.) and it did keep my flare in check. While I was on it, I had a huge appetite and ended up gaining close to 20 pounds. My face also got swollen, and I grew hair in some gross places like the back of my neck. After I was off it I slowly returned to my normal weight and most of the side effects disappeared. The side effects are a bummer, but other than that it does it's job."

Guest* December 31, 2013

For Gouty Arthritis: "Prednisone has been a miracle for me. I have stage 4 Polycystic Kidney Disease, and my uric acid levels are really high. I suffer from chronic, crippling gout in my feet, ankles, and knees. It never goes away. I've started Uloric but the gout hasn't subsided. It was to the point that my job was in jeopardy. The only thing I could take for the pain was Tylenol. My Nephrologist prescribed Prednisone, and after 1 day all gout pain had subsided. Blessed relief! After a week, the edema in my feet had disappeared. My side effects include acne, increased appetite, constipation and some insomnia, but I'll take all of it if it means no more gout pain."

Spriggo2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2013

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have been diagnosed with lupus (SLE) and had fluid around my lungs and heart caused by an inflamation iin the body. After corrective surgery was put on 10 mg prednisone 3times a day. Felt an immediate improvement in my overall health with no side effects. Now down to one 10 mg pill per day."

RHK November 7, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "I had severe allergic reaction to shellfish twice and I took prednisone 10 mg for 5 days. The skin rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. Six months later I experienced same condition. I suspect this time was caused by taking vitamins. The rash and itchiness were gone in 3 days. I recommend this medicine."

Alvill October 7, 2013

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Fibromyalgia: "100% accurate."

Roy Sizemore (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2013

Sterapred DS (prednisone) for Cluster Headaches: "Sleeplessness."

jigg June 15, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "I get poison ivy so bad, and have severe allergic reactions to insect bites, I believe my last bite on the forehead was a horsefly and my eyes were swelling shut as I was swallowing 3 prednisone. I get relief in 20 minutes. I have to keep it on hand and only have to use it for several days."

farm life June 6, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "Prednisone worked wonders on me. It took a few days to start working but once it did it was like night and day for my allergies. It totally kicked them out of my system. This was 5 years ago and I am still allergy free. I have recommended Prednisone to everyone."

ACslater (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2013

For Eczema: "Currently started a prednisone treatment and since i've used it before I'm more aware of the side effects. My suggestion is to take this in the morning. The last time I used this I lost alot of sleep. Drove me to insomnia because of nervousness. Overall the medicine was very effective."

EWAL (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2013

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Ended up with bad inflammation in the chest. Felt like I was being stabbed while breathing. Other medicines did not work. As soon as I was given my first dose in the E.R., 15 minutes later I was feeling better and not suffering anymore."

stevie poway (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2013

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "I was diagnosed with crohn's disease in 1976. Since my diagnosis I have had two resections of bowel. The last one in 1986, prednisone has been my only source of relief in the flair up since then. My doctor are reluctant to give it to me any more because of my weight, (i have always been large) and I am diabetic. I had the moon face but the relief it brought was worth it and you can fight the hunger. I am facing a suture at this time with a flare up it was difficult to convince my doctor to allow me to have prednisone short term to get through this flare up. They say they have a new medicine they recommend but I find it very expensive, with insurance, it called budesonide. It is suppose to have fewer side effects."

MARJ2BFREE (taken for 10 years or more) February 1, 2013

Meticorten (prednisone) for Skin Rash: "Prednisone causes rashes for me."

Sade1960 January 22, 2013

For Allergic Reactions: "Took Prednisone for severe amoxicillin allergy. For 24 hours at a time this stopped my tongue from swelling and all hives disappeared. "

MJDD January 12, 2013

For Sarcoidosis: "I was graduated from initial 40mg to 2.5mg. This was found to be ineffective as I was always in and out of hospital with cough and other symptoms of sarcoidosis. I was later put on 20mg and all symptoms disappeared. My doctor is considering reducing it to 10mg."

thankful soul (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 16, 2012

For Fibromyalgia: "I suffer from chronic persistent fibromyalgia. My life has been consumed with pain for 3 yrs. My Drs and I have tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, Savella, many pain medicines at many different mgs, muscle relaxers, Valium, I could go on and on with the list of medicines we've tried just to give me some quality of life. Well last week my Dr wrote me a script for prednisone for an upper respiratory infection I've been battling. I am here to tell you that I am on a treadmill now, I feel pain at maybe a 3, which for me a normal day was 6-10. I can handle a silly little 3. I'm not saying this may be a permanent answer, I guess when I go back in a month I will discuss it. But even for a respite I highly advice it!"

HockeyMom5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in January of 2012, I tried several medications prescribed by my doctor but nothing helped, I got to where I couldn't even get out of bed, couldn't even turn a door nob so I was a prisoner in my own house, I started taking Prednisone three weeks ago and feel like a new person, no pain at all anywhere. I don't care about any side effects, just to be able to live normally again is worth it to me. For now it has changed my life for the better."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2012

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Lymphoma: "Taken on days following R-CHOP therapy, and it is an emotional roller coaster at higher doses (100MG per day). However, it did keep inflammation down. I felt very awake and edgy."

hat_hat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 21, 2012

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My body was so racked with pain I could hardly move in the morning. Brushing my teeth and combing my hair were major and painful chores. After 4 days on prednisone I am almost pain free. I do experience side effects of insomnia and diarrhea but is worth it to be mobile again!"

Anonymous September 16, 2012

For Eczema: "I took the standard prednisone treatment for severe eczema on my hands. I was amazed by how well it worked. The very next day the pain had receded and my hands began healing. I did experience a somewhat elevated heartbeat for the first couple days but it improved as time went on. Excellent product but you can't stay on it long term."

sable50 September 5, 2012

For Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia: "Though the Prednisone is working so far for the anemia, the side effects are bad. Extreme retention of fluids, high blood pressure, moon face, little sleep, and indigestion. Now taking more pills to combat the side effects of this medicine. "

Problems with Prednisone August 22, 2012

Sterapred (prednisone) for Conjunctivitis, Allergic: "Very good"

A Y (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2012

Prednicot (prednisone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Good."

255 (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2012

For Skin Rash: "I have found the medication invaluable for Poison Oak rashes."

briandw4 (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I was started on 60mg in hospital. I have a rare condition I am told. I was good until I dropped down to 30 mg then I was crying, mean, ill, swollen and couldn't walk on feet for the pain (swelling). Went back to doctor they were dropping me down 10mg every 7 days, my doctor has now upped the medicines and are dropping me down slower. I do not like the weight gain. I feel very tight and my face is very round. I am only 5 ft 2 and was 135. Now I am 145, and I can feel it. I am told that it may be 1 to 2 months before I am weaned off. But, I guess having the weight gain is better than the alternative, my doc also put me on Lasix and potassium."

kimmy1970 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2012

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I went to the doctor for really bad lower back pain and the doc said it was a pinched nerve. I was given hydrocodone, cyclobenzaprine and prednisone 10mg. The Hydrocodone is good but the prednisone is awesome. It works fast and has really helped the inflammation in my lower back."

Anonymous May 21, 2012

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next