User Reviews for Prednisone

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Herpes Zoster 0 reviews 10 medications

Herpes Zoster Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Hypercalcemia of Malignancy 0 reviews 46 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iridocyclitis 0 reviews 58 medications Not rated - Be the first
Iritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Keratitis 0 reviews 117 medications Not rated - Be the first
Loeffler's Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mixed Connective Tissue Disease 0 reviews 8 medications Not rated - Be the first
Mycosis Fungoides 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uveitis, Posterior 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Prednisone reviews 129 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Prednisone

Review by Sade1960:

Meticorten (prednisone) for Skin Rash: Prednisone causes rashes for me.

January 22, 2013 8:08 PM

Review by MJDD:

For Allergic Reactions: Took Prednisone for severe amoxicillin allergy. For 24 hours at a time this stopped my tongue from swelling and all hives disappeared.

January 12, 2013 9:47 AM

Review by thankful soul (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Sarcoidosis: I was graduated from initial 40mg to 2.5mg. This was found to be ineffective as I was always in and out of hospital with cough and other symptoms of sarcoidosis. I was later put on 20mg and all symptoms disappeared. My doctor is considering reducing it to 10mg.

December 16, 2012 4:38 PM

Review by HockeyMom5 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Fibromyalgia: I suffer from chronic persistent fibromyalgia. My life has been consumed with pain for 3 yrs. My Drs and I have tried Cymbalta, Lyrica, Savella, many pain medicines at many different mgs, muscle relaxers, Valium, I could go on and on with the list of medicines we've tried just to give me some quality of life. Well last week my Dr wrote me a script for prednisone for an upper respiratory infection I've been battling. I am here to tell you that I am on a treadmill now, I feel pain at maybe a 3, which for me a normal day was 6-10. I can handle a silly little 3. I'm not saying this may be a permanent answer, I guess when I go back in a month I will discuss it. But even for a respite I highly advice it!

November 11, 2012 1:19 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in January of 2012, I tried several medications prescribed by my doctor but nothing helped, I got to where I couldn't even get out of bed, couldn't even turn a door nob so I was a prisoner in my own house, I started taking Prednisone three weeks ago and feel like a new person, no pain at all anywhere. I don't care about any side effects, just to be able to live normally again is worth it to me. For now it has changed my life for the better.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2012 2:11 PM

Review by hat_hat (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Lymphoma: Taken on days following R-CHOP therapy, and it is an emotional roller coaster at higher doses (100MG per day). However, it did keep inflammation down. I felt very awake and edgy.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 21, 2012 12:27 PM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: My body was so racked with pain I could hardly move in the morning. Brushing my teeth and combing my hair were major and painful chores. After 4 days on prednisone I am almost pain free. I do experience side effects of insomnia and diarrhea but is worth it to be mobile again!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2012 12:15 PM

Review by sable50:

For Eczema: I took the standard prednisone treatment for severe eczema on my hands. I was amazed by how well it worked. The very next day the pain had receded and my hands began healing. I did experience a somewhat elevated heartbeat for the first couple days but it improved as time went on. Excellent product but you can't stay on it long term.

September 5, 2012 6:09 PM

Review by Problems with Prednisone:

For Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia: Though the Prednisone is working so far for the anemia, the side effects are bad. Extreme retention of fluids, high blood pressure, moon face, little sleep, and indigestion. Now taking more pills to combat the side effects of this medicine.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2012 10:05 AM

Review by A Y (taken for less than 1 month):

Sterapred (prednisone) for Conjunctivitis, Allergic: Very good

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2012 4:45 AM

Review by 255 (taken for less than 1 month):

Prednicot (prednisone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Good.

July 10, 2012 7:33 AM

Review by briandw4 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Skin Rash: I have found the medication invaluable for Poison Oak rashes.

July 6, 2012 2:32 PM

Review by kimmy1970 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Inflammatory Conditions: I was started on 60mg in hospital. I have a rare condition I am told. I was good until I dropped down to 30 mg then I was crying, mean, ill, swollen and couldn't walk on feet for the pain (swelling). Went back to doctor they were dropping me down 10mg every 7 days, my doctor has now upped the medicines and are dropping me down slower. I do not like the weight gain. I feel very tight and my face is very round. I am only 5 ft 2 and was 135. Now I am 145, and I can feel it. I am told that it may be 1 to 2 months before I am weaned off. But, I guess having the weight gain is better than the alternative, my doc also put me on Lasix and potassium.

June 12, 2012 10:22 AM

For Inflammatory Conditions: I went to the doctor for really bad lower back pain and the doc said it was a pinched nerve. I was given hydrocodone, cyclobenzaprine and prednisone 10mg. The Hydrocodone is good but the prednisone is awesome. It works fast and has really helped the inflammation in my lower back.

May 21, 2012 12:11 AM

Review by Greg Gaoteote (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Gouty Arthritis: Prednisone has been a miracle, having severe gout for years has been a life changing experience. Gout has turned my life upside down and I've taken everything. Prednisone has given me back my normal life. With prednisone its actually given me an extra boost during work and while I coach my little league sports. Minor side effects like increase of appetite, puffy face and once in a blue moon I'll get a little short of breath (when I've taken over the prescribed dose) hasn't interfered with my daily routine enough to stop taking prednisone. I stop doing that and only take the recommended dose. I've only taken prednisone only when I need it, I've gone without it from 2 weeks to a month. Prednisone has worked miracles for me.

May 17, 2012 4:11 AM

Review by Jerryq (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Lymphoma: Diagnosed with Lymphoma, 5 drugs given by i.v. every 3 weeks. Prednisone 100 mg for 5 days, no side effects. Cancer is in remission 2 more therapies to go.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2012 10:12 PM

Review by yelrah:

For Cluster Headaches: This is the only medication that has successfully relieved and aborted the onset of cluster headache "events" during my twenty year history of cluster headache attacks.

April 24, 2012 5:49 PM

For Leukemia: This is a great medicine. Probably wouldn't be here if I didn't take it. But its horrible side effects from just the amount of it that i take. I get almost every side effect the they name, the worst one is the horrible mood swings.

April 23, 2012 12:25 PM

Review by Radio Guido:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I am male, 57 years old. I went from being very fit and active to zero activity within a week due to acute pain symmetrically in all joints. I endured this for two months, and was finally diagnosed with PMR Disease. Started on Prednisone, 20 mgs per day and obtained immediate results, eliminating 85% of any discomfort. Dose doubled after two weeks, now all pain has been eliminated and now on the direction of my Rheumatologist I am starting to wean myself off after being on it for one month. I am back in the gym, no issues. So far so good, and so far zero side effects.

April 17, 2012 5:48 PM

Review by Haleyhd:

For Sinusitis: I have severe allergies, combined with chronic sinus and ear troubles. Every few months, I need prednisone to help with inflammation. It kicks in so quickly, and that familiar, dull ache finally subsides. With the taper pack, the side effects are minimal, but the most notable are an increased appetite and energy level. Thankfully, the two of these together seem to balance out, and I usually don't gain weight.

April 5, 2012 9:41 PM

Review by pjart176:

For Ulcerative Colitis: Two light flares of ulcerative colitis with hospitalization. Two different doctors prescribed prednisone with the usual two-week regimen. With the 2nd occurrence, the prednisone didn't do it's job. The flare subsided by itself. 3rd occurrence required a f4-wk hospitalization. Prescribed Asacol(800 mg 3x a day) plus IV prednisone. Following release 800 mg Asacol 3x a day and 10mg prednisone by mouth 4x a day. I followed the reduction regimen (decreasing days/dosage) until 14 days were up. Bathroom trips decreased, but then would increase again. Dr and I agreed stopping prednisone too soon. Worked out schedule with doctor. Decrease dose 0.5mg 2wks at a time. Took 8 weeks. It worked. Now have control by taking Sustenex with daily 2,4 gr Asacol.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2012 7:40 PM

Deltasone (prednisone) for Eczema: I'm rating this a 'one' reluctantly because it truly worked miracles. I've wrestled with eczema for years and it has become quite painful. An ER doctor prescribed this when I was there for an unrelated issue. Within days my open skin and rough patches were completely gone. But the side effects...I put on 15 pounds in under two weeks, with a painfully swollen gut, stomach pains and insomnia. Upon visiting my regular physician, he refused to renew the prescription, explaining that these side effects, and potentially much worse, were due to the Prednisone.

March 15, 2012 2:49 PM

Deltasone (prednisone) for Sinusitis: It it one of the only things that opens up the sinuses to allow it to drain well, so the infection can heal otherwise the infection never clears out and you can get a clogged up sinus canal.

February 4, 2012 6:52 PM

Review by tie:

For Ulcerative Colitis: 21 year old male. All my life I have been active and healthy, until last month. Bouts and bouts of diarrhea. I thought it was never going to end. At first the doctors thought it was an infection (infectious diarrhea) and put me on antibiotics of a week. That didn't help. It wasn't until I had pain throughout my whole stomach and was admitted into the ER did they perform a colonoscopy and discover that I had moderate to severe ulcerative colitis throughout my entire colon. They put me on Asacol (mesalamine) at 3600mg daily, 3 x 1200mg. That didn't work. Then they tried prednisone. I kid you not, in less than 1 day, my bowel movements went from 30 per day to 5 per day. The pain lessened and no more sudden urges. I wouldn't say I'm out of the woods just yet.

January 14, 2012 10:11 PM

Review by rheumarth:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis eight years ago and have been on many concoctions of pills since. When I got really bad flares that rendered me disabled I was treated with prednisone. For me this has been a miracle. I have had it injected into affected joints and also general injections. When direct into joints, the relief is almost instant, I could walk, move my hands like a miracle. When injected generally, it took three or four separate injections over 3-4 days before any improvement but it worked every time. I have to say, I don't know what I would have done over the years without prednisone. The side effects I suffered where weight gain and insomnia but these where better than being in agony and disabled.

January 8, 2012 8:18 PM