User Reviews for Prednisone (Page 2)

Also known as: Deltasone, Liquid Pred, Meticorten, Orasone, Prednicen-M, Prednicot, Rayos, Sterapred, Sterapred DS

Learn more about Prednisone.

Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura 1 reviews 87 medications

Uveitis, Posterior 1 reviews 38 medications

Epicondylitis, Tennis Elbow 1 reviews 38 medications

Summary of Prednisone reviews 228 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Prednisone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have stenosis of the spine at the L4, which has caused pain, leg weakness and other problems. In addition I developed what seemed to be bursitis of the right hip. I took 12 days of Prenisone recently, starting with 4 days of 2 tablets, 4 of 1 tablet, and 4 of 1/2 tablet; the results astonished me. During the first few days I felt like I was 60 years younger! This was my fist experience with the drug, and I am well aware of its dangers. But it did mostly eliminate my pain, even now, a couple of weeks after ending my course of treatment. I'd say I am 90% better after doing this round of Prednisone."

OldCowgirl (taken for less than 1 month) October 16, 2015

Deltasone (prednisone) for Cluster Headaches: "I am 51, and have been getting cluster headaches since 17. Have tried every medication for them, but nothing seemed to work for me. I was finally prescribed Prednisone, it takes a few days to start working, but after I finished the course, I didn't get a single headache for nearly a year. The course was 20 mg a day, for 10 to 14 days, depending on the doctor. The length of time, without a headache varies, but is usually a year or more."

jskess (taken for less than 1 month) October 15, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Been fighting fibromyalgia since 1990. EVERYTIME I take prednisone for either asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia I find I am pain free!! Its awesome!! I have no negative side effects. Advisable to take long term to remain pain free?? What do the experts say??"

achy in nh (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I am 45 years old and have had one of the most acute cases of bronchial asthma in the world. I have been prescribed prednisone since I was a little girl. This is how prednisone works: If you take a high dose and taper over about a week, you should feel relief from just about any pain caused by inflammation, rash and asthma by day two. for that, nothing works better. If you have to take prednisone for a longer period of time, you'll suffer from huge weight gain, acne, moon-face, body aches, hyperactivity, sleeplessness and severe moodiness. I was just released from a four week stay in ICU for asthma and double pneumonia on 125 mg every four hours. I gained 60 lbs and my face looked like Miss Piggy. They had to treat the prednisone symptoms!"

Lifelong and Experienced Predn (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had polimyalgia rheumatica for almost two years. I was misdiagnosed for a month with 'fibro'myalgia, and prescribed medications, but nothing helped this excruciating pain. I did my own research on the Internet for my symptoms and what came up was polimyalgia. I gave my research results to my doctor, who tested and found I was positive for the malady. I started with 60 mg x 3 days, and the next morning, I was PAIN FREE. I continued on 60 mg for 2 more days, then 50, 40, 30, 20, and 10, each for a week or two. At 5 mg, I felt pain again. So I was put on a maintenance dose (some people continue to have residual pain). So I'm still happy and pain free. Prednisone is definitely one of the wonder drugs, following aspirin and penicillin."

mommosan (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 9, 2015

For Sinusitis: "I had a rally bad sinus infection in 2014. Went to Doctor and was put on a antibiotic and prednisone 20 mg. I felt better in one day. This past week had another one went to same place and was put on same meds. Felt great in one day. So I think prednisone is a great Med to give."

Deehar October 7, 2015

For Bursitis: "I am 40 and active but have had hip bursitis for about 7 months. I started taking prednisone due to a flare up of poison ivy. On the second day I had a 70% improvement on my hip and on day 3 90%. Huge surprise !! I started at 30mg and am down to 15 mg now and will keep tapering off to zero in about 5 days"

Chris1974 October 6, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Having AS and osteoarthritis since childhood and now 52 years of age I have tried just about anything and prednisone not only relieves the pain, but my whole body feels more flexable and I find I have more energy. I was on it while awaiting a knee replacement, but was pulled off it, Went through the roof. Went back on until my Rheumatologist weaned me off in prep for the knee surgery. But what I cannot get through to the doctors is I'd rather have the best life I can, be it long or short. I want to live and prednisone gives me that. I have reached the stage where if they will not proscribe it, i'll buy it on the net, but life is too short to live it in unbearable pain."

Fontein September 16, 2015

For Uveitis, Posterior: "After surgery my uvula was SO swollen, so my surgeon prescribed this. It didn't help much though, as it took 3 days to get my uvula back to a normal size. Just my personal experience."

JohnSnowIsDead September 13, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "Prednisone takes away the extreme pain of my gout in my big toes and wrist . Is the only drug that works . I've been taking Uloric gout medication daily for 8 years , but I still get the occasional flare up . That's when I take prednisone for 3 days .... The pain is 80% gone after the first of 3 daily doses . Good luck"

Got gout ? September 12, 2015

Deltasone (prednisone) for Sarcoidosis: "Feeling hyperactive like I can't walk fast enough, having to wait on a thought to process, always wanting sweet, salt and crunchy food. Med after 7p keeps me awake at least 4 hr although I feel tired. Only been on for 1 month for new sarcoidosis Breathing much better! Chest tightness better! Energy level better !"

ralphetta01 September 8, 2015

For Allergic Reactions: "I had such a bad allergy reaction. I still do know what I am allergic to but anyways I had to go to the hospital and they gave me 50 mg of predisone and it completely got rid of all my hives I had all over my body..took these for 5 days..they were completely gone...didn't have any side effects. I was 100% happy to get better and highly recommend to take these ."

Dinna (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2015

For Psoriasis: "I have been experiencing horrible psoriasis on my feet that had me depressed then I started to also experience joint pain (in almost every joint). After a million test my rheumatologist prescribed me prednisone, and honestly after all the bad reviews I didn't want to take it but thank God after a couple months I did. My psoriasis cleared up dramatically! It's like a miracle that I hope is not short lived... If you are dealing with severe psoriasis and haven't had any relief I would highly suggest you at least try it short term. It will change your life for the better..."

Tiffmik September 2, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "I was given prednisone for 7 yrs, I was told to get off or die. It took me 1 full yr to get off of them as we has to do it mg by mg each month. I got completely off for last 2 months, I cried every day, could hardly walk, started using a cane and wheel chair when I did get up the strength to go out. Two days ago I said SCREW this! I started on just 5mg, today I'm up and walking, no cane, I walked freely!!!! So I die earlier,? At least I'm going out able to hang out with family for as long as I can ! I've told them all my decision, they don't like , but they have their mom back, and can see how much better I am compared to 3 days ago. Yes u can gain weight, I've gained a lot in those 7 yrs,60 pounds. I'm gonna fix that!"

Laural12309 August 27, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "After years of being in pain and having test after test to see why I was exhausted, my doctor placed me on a short course of this. I LOVED IT! 48 hours into it, my pain went from unbearable to really almost unnoticeable. I had never been on it. The absence of constant, debilitating pain in my life was like a miracle. I have been off it now for a few days and the pain is returning. I had no side effects other than a slight increase in appetite. I made sure to take it on time and with food. I was afraid of this drug but prefer it any day over narcotic pain killers which only mask and make me drowsy and sluggish."

Cicic (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Pharyngitis: "I came down with a fever and severe sore throat over the weekend. Felt like I was swallowing glass. Finally went to the doctor on Sunday and was diagnosed with strep throat. They gave me antibiotics and prednisone. Took my first dose at 7pm Sunday and woke up Monday feeling about 80% better. By Monday evening throat has almost zero pain. Amazing. However it is midnight and I can't fall asleep and just want to get up and clean out a closet so that might be a negative. I will take it over the glass throat though. :)"

Throat (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have suffered for many years with muscle pain from autoimmune conditions. Lately,it seems I have developed polymyalgia rheumatica which meant that my arms , legs and gluteal muscles were incredibly painful. I Couldn't move in bed or walk properly.On 30 mgs of prednisolone for 3 days and then reducing the dose gradually each day. I am at last free of pain...it is marvellous to feel normal again after so long. I am aware of all the side effects but will take as little as possible to relieve the inflammation in my muscles and tendons. One has to be very respectful of this drug but used correctly it has at least given me some respite. I am a 58 year olds female."

JMJ777 August 10, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "I had my gout almost a month now but it on and off. For my 1st attacked my Dr. Prescribed me ibupropen 80mg 3x a day and it worked. My second attacked the ibupropen and it didn't help anymore. So I went to my Dr. and he gave me a new medication predinisone 20 mg. Once a day and it works. It took 5 days to heal completely. Then my 3rd attack was just a week apart & I felt pain in my big toe I knew this is going to be in my 3rd attacked in just a month but I managed it with predinisone. Then the next day no more pain in my big toe. It is such a relief. Prednisone is better than colchicine and ibupropen."

We2 August 9, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had severe lower back pain that would take me to the ground. Only relief was laying flat with feet up. Doctor prescribed a shot of prednisone with 6 day pill regime and pain pills. Second day, pain went from a 10 to a 1 or 2! I did not have to take any of the pain pills."

NEAL L. August 4, 2015

For Fibromyalgia: "Same as many here. Put on 12 day prednisone pack for an allergic rash. 18 years with fibromyalgia and nothing has really helped. After the first day my fibro pain was gone! and during the 12 days I was on it I lost 8 pounds (same diet and same activity level), how can that be? of course all you hear it how bad it is. Tears that there is something that can take away this every day unrelenting pain and I can't have it!"

Mrs.H (taken for less than 1 month) August 2, 2015

For : "This is the most effective drug, but also the most physically and mentally deteriorating drug. I experienced acne, moon face, hair loss, depression, anxiety, increased appetite but no wight gain. I recommend this but think of the side effects before you take it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

For Gouty Arthritis: "Thank you Prednisone you are my best friend. Within 3 hours the I could walk with a limp and little pain. By morning I could wear a shoe on my foot. The swelling was almost completely gone. Gouty Ankle and mid foot."

TooDodd (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I took this for temporal arteritis. I gained 70 lbs., developed moon face, swollen legs and arm. I was unable to sleep at night and was so sleepy during the day, I fell a sleep anywhere. Developed cataracts, had them removed but I still have blurry vision and have not been able to drive in 1-1/2 yrs. Hair is thin and very dry skin. Have a hard time walking due to vision and weakness."

tobio July 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had pinched nerve on my left arm which later affected my left leg for almost four months. The mentioned part's of my body was numb with tingling sensation. My both foot was burning! I went for a CT scan and they found that my brain was OK. Did staving diabetics test and was also OK. A doctor prescribed to me a drug called Neurocare plus which worsened it up. They later gave me Lyrica which worsened it up. After reading about Prednislone, i decided buy them over the counter in Africa. Initially i was afraid to use it when i read about immense negative side effects it can cause.I gave it a shot and in a day all terrible sensations were all gone! i used 5 mg for 2 weeks and all the pain on my muscles were also gone!!!! thanks to the drug!"

OKN (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis: "(2005) Diagnosed with UC in Australia. I was hospitalized and put on some very strong doses of Prednisone/Cortisone. first as tablets and then via IV. It made me very irritable and made me worse. I ended up getting a subtotal collectomy/j-pouch (& full recovery) (2015) a few weeks ago, I got a really bad case of poison oak. To treat this I was given a cortisone shot and prednisone to take for a week. For the first time in 10 years and post-surgery I had a flair up with blood in my stool and the urgency to go to the toilet. I stopped the prednisone immediately and it has since subsided. but it gave a me a scare! If you read the side effects it very rarely can exacerbate UC conditions. be mindful if you arent getting better to reevaluate!"

Lucky J. (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2015