User Reviews for Pramoxine

Also known as: Anest Hemor, Blistex Pro Relief, Calaclear, Clear Calamine, Curasore, Dermoplast Poison Ivy Treatment, Eczemin, Epipram, Fleet Pain Relief Pad, Gold Bond Anti-Itch, Hemorr-oxine, Itch-X, Phicon, Pramox, Prax, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Pramoxine.

Anal Itching 1 reviews 223 medications

Pain 1 reviews 907 medications

Atopic Dermatitis 0 reviews 249 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Pramoxine reviews 20 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Pramoxine

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "I'm in my early 30's and I have been suffering from hemorrhoids for 3 years now. I have had multiple flares with a few visits to the ER. I have used few hemorrhoid medications and nothing has helped as much as Proctofoam. I feel the pressure go down, itchiness and size of the veins shrink within minutes. I highly recommend it. Thumbs up."

galwhemor (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2015

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "This is the ONLY thing that works when I have a bad flare up of my hemorrhoids. When I first began to use it about 10 years ago, my insurance covered it with a minimal co-pay. Then a couple of years ago, the co-pay went up to $80! Now, my new insurance does not cover at all, and the retail price is $150. I have tried EVERYTHING and have minimal relief - this is the ONLY thing which works effectively for me. I am very disappointed that it remains so expensive as I am now a senior citizen and can no longer afford it when I need it the most!!"

yaya1591 (taken for 10 years or more) February 14, 2015

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "The positive comments are true, this product actually works."

roid warrior January 27, 2015

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for : "I have been suffering from a servere case of radiation proctitis which was caused by damage from radiation treatment for prostate cancer. For 5 years I have had almost constant rectal pain during or after bowel movements. Finally my doctor prescribed Proctofoam. All I can say is WOW...This is simply amazing. I apply it to a cotton ball and stick it at the bottom, this way the effects lasts for over 8 hours. The instructions says use it up to 5 times per day."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2013

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "I have tried every piles cream there is going. Finally went to see my GP and was prescribed this foam. What can I say,....WOW! It actually works! The piles went down overnight and after a few days are almost gone! This should be available over the counter!"

Itchmarsh (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2013

Sarna Sensitive (pramoxine) for Pruritus: "Sarna Sensitive has basically saved my life. Without it I would not have a minutes relief from the itching and burning. Thanks to my Doctor who recommend it to me I can at least have a few minutes of relief through out the night. I am so glad I found this product. Thank You, Thank You."

Dandy Don (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2013

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "It seemed to work at first, and ended up getting a refill and using it for almost a month, but it's been a couple weeks since my refill ran out and I have blood on the toilet paper again... Maybe it's my own fault for not eating enough fiber while I was using Proctofoam, but still it's frustrating."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2013

Sarna Sensitive (pramoxine) for Pruritus: "I was given 34 treatments of radiation to my breast for cancer. My Dr told me to use Sarna 3-4 times daily. As treatment progressed I had dry, burned, itching skin, and this product was the only relief I could get. It was so cool and soothing and kept my skin moist. I love it and think the company should add this on many cancer center sites, as we need all the comfort we can get, Thank you Sarna"

Anonymous October 5, 2012

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "This is by far the best medicine and it works very fast."

piles of fun May 27, 2012

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "It works amazingly at times and the effects are almost immediate - the swelling disappears and the deformed mass of swollen veins around the anus retracts. However majority of the times I have to sit for a while and apply external pressure for the swelling to subside. I also use a Lidocaine based Indian cream called Hadensa to soothe the exposed areas as I have Grade 4 hemorrhoids."

Anonymous May 8, 2012

Sarna Sensitive (pramoxine) for Anal Itching: "Used Sensitive NOT original. Be Careful because the bottles look alike. It takes about ten minutes but the itch goes away. Also, if your using it during the day don't use too much because it could soak through. Works Great!"

1itchy1 April 20, 2012

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "It's the only medication that works for my hemorrhoid flare up. "

msqolm April 2, 2012

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "I suffered for three weeks and tried every OTC medication and most home remedies to no avail. I got this product today and the instant I applied this "WONDER" medication relieved all pain. I'm hoping that it will save me the surgery to correct the problem. This product should be made available to the public over the counter. I strongly suggest that everyone save their money and just visit the Dr. and ask for this product...IT WORKS!"

Anonymous September 22, 2011

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "I am in the same situation as above. This is my fifth day of having hemorrhoids and have used ALL the over the counter medicines. Proctofoam seems like it helps more. This is my first day of use, so hopefully the swelling subsides soon. Definitely better though."

Anonymous August 16, 2011

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "This is a great product. I have run the whole course of home cures, doctor visits, constant pain in the A** all this year. My latest Doctor prescribed ProctoFoam and 1st use was a God Send. Relief was instant. Burning, itch and pain faded away. Slept so good."

Mr Steve May 31, 2011

For Pain: "Works great when used in triple antibiotic ointment for wound care."

GypsyKarolyn February 23, 2011

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "Excellent - comfortable to use, soothing on use of product, unlike others, as the foam soften and lubricates the insertion, my problems were healed much more quickly using this treatment than any other. If you suffer you know what agony it can be yet this treatment has worked wonders."

Anonymous March 8, 2010

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "I have a small, internal hemorrhoid that caused my whole rectum to become inflamed, itchy and sensitive. I tried all the over the counter meds: Prep H, hydrocortisone, anti-biotic, anti-histamines. Finally went to the doctor and got Proctofoam. This is great. It's been 3 days and swelling is gone, itching is gone and I can have a bowel motion and wipe without pain or itchiness. I would recommend this for anyone with anal itching. It is a God Send. I use once at night and in the morning. It is a bit odd to use as you have to fill a small syringe (supplied) to apply internally through the rectum, but the effect is IMMEDIATE and SOOTHING. No, I don't work for the drug company, I am just very happy this product is available."

ItchyScratchy November 13, 2009

Proctofoam (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "This medicine works. Nothing else does."

adfasdf April 21, 2009

Fleet Pain Relief Pad (pramoxine) for Hemorrhoids: "Works well to reduce pain and itch."

Anonymous April 19, 2009

Prax (pramoxine) for Pruritus: "Prax Lotion works well with my allergic rash. It also helped my wife's shingles rash!"

feskridge January 29, 2009