User Reviews for Mirapex

Learn more about Mirapex.

Restless Legs Syndrome 61 reviews 15 medications

8.2
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder 3 reviews 13 medications

6.4
Parkinson's Disease 4 reviews 47 medications

5.8
Summary of Mirapex reviews 68 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Mirapex

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have been taking Mirapex for 7 or 8 yrs, I am now up to 0.50 to 0.75 it has worked well for me, except I have gained a lot of weight, and now I am having augmentation, meaning my legs start jerking earlier in the day and my arms are starting to have it. I can't increase it much more, too much fatigue, I am concerned about what I am going to take now. I've tried other things that don't work so beware of dopamine agonists after so many years you become immune to it unfortunately. I could not afford it if I had not qualified for patient assistance program, I don't have insurance."

veldon7 (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2012

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had restless legs syndrome for many years. The first medicine I started to take was Klonopin which worked okay, but about 10 years ago I changed to Mirapex. It is such a great medicine for this problem that if I happen to forget to take it, as I do a few times a year, I totally freak out and panic. Once I was on a trip and realized I'd forgotten this medicine and was in a panic. Without this medicine my nights would all be a nightmare. With this drug I have no problems with my legs and no side effects. Thanks to whoever came up with this miracle."

Anonymous March 24, 2012

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Evidently my restless legs syndrome is worse than most. I take 1 Mirapex ER, but sometimes I need to take another. I am much better off with the medicine. I could not sleep without it."

Anonymous March 6, 2012

For Restless Legs Syndrome "This somewhat reduced my restless legs syndrome (which occurs every other day and is enough to keep me up at night and be bothersome); however, this gave me insomnia, specifically causing me trouble falling asleep and once I was finally able to fall asleep, I would wake up once every two hours or so."

Anonymous February 29, 2012

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have been taking Mirapex for a couple of weeks now. It doesn't seem to be helping that much just yet. I was diagnosed with restless legs syndrome about 6 years ago, which was a problem at night time. In October, I suddenly started having severe symptoms during the day, so I went to my doctor and she put me on Mirapex 0.125mg a day. I have noticed that I will suddenly feel very sleepy at times, while I've just been completely alert, which I see might be from the medication. Hopefully, with time it will relieve my symptoms for good!"

Anonymous November 17, 2011

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Severe restless legs syndrome with Periodic Limb movement for over 45 yrs. Clonazepam worked fine for a long time, then became less effective. Doctor added Mirapex - it worked BUT: I gained 60 lbs in 3 yrs from obsessive eating, charged lot of money to my credit cards due to obsessive spending (both stated side effects) AND fell asleep without warning, mostly at night (twice while driving), so I tapered off. Have lost most of the weight, paying off the bills, but need more than clonazepam."

longtimer September 20, 2011

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Truly a God send. You don't feel like you've run a marathon all night. Other comments are true about running out of a prescription, or not taking it for a few days. You can tell! I just have one question --- if it feels like you've run a marathon all night, how come you don't wake up skinnier?"

Anonymous September 6, 2011

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had restless leg syndrome all my life. I can remember when I was about 5 or 6 telling my mom my feet tickle...didn't know how else to explain it at that age. Today I am 39 yrs old and am only alive because of Mirapex. My RLS has become so severe that without this medication I would not sleep. One time I was without my medication and was up for 3 days straight. Ended up in the emergency room many times when I didn't have any medication just to get some form of relief. I currently take Mirapex 1mg at night, but sometimes will have to take a half during the day. My RLS will bother me mid afternoon at times and when it's really bad will go into my hands and forearms. I am eternally grateful for Mirapex despite the side effects of nausea, tired and weak."

Anonymous September 1, 2011

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have suffered from RLS and PLMD for years. The last few years I've been taking Sinemet, which worked great in the beginning but gradually lost its effectiveness. I was up to 3 pills a day and the RLS was worse than ever. My neurologist just started me on Mirapex and it is incredible. One pill at night and I get a good nights sleep. I'm also not getting the RLS during the daytime anymore. I haven't felt this good in a long time! No side effects either."

Anonymous323 August 2, 2011

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have never had any side effects to the Mirapex but I have all of a sudden started having a gambling problem at the age of 47. It is listed as a side effect and I wonder if it is the medicine contributing. Requip has the same side effect listed. I have to take it for my restless legs syndrome or I cannot sleep."

Anonymous July 7, 2011

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I've had restless leg syndrome for about 15 years and have tried several medications. Gabapentin worked most nights, but left me practically catatonic the next day. Klonopin did nothing to help my symptoms. Requip made me feel like I was going insane, and really scared me. I gave Mirapex a high rating because it has completely eliminated all my symptoms. Unfortunately, I have severe nasal congestion as a side effect which also keeps me up all night. If I don't take it, I can breathe, but my legs are jumping and jerking all night. If I do take it, my nose feels like it's filled with cement. Either way I can't sleep. I guess it's back to the doctor to try something else."

Anonymous January 1, 2011

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I agree with it working. I had Rest Legs Syndrome and didn't sleep good for a month. After being put on other medicines that didn't work, the doctor decided to give me Mirapex. Oh my. I sleep every night and wake very clear and not groggy. I truly do not know where I would be if it weren't for this medication."

blondie2 December 13, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I did not develop RLS until my early 70's. Began with 0.5mg Mirapex once daily, went to twice daily,(same dosage) then finally to 1mg twice daily, been on it for a year now and is working fine. Tell ya what though DON'T let your script run out and have to wait. You won't like it! It's like going off something "cold turkey". I did once and had to wait for 4 days. Very unpleasant experience. "

jacksutton October 31, 2010

For Parkinson's Disease "I was unable to walk, dress myself, cook, write, or barely function. My family doctor was treating me for mini-strokes but finally agreed I should see a neurologist. He started me on Mirapex that day as he could tell that I had Parkinson's by my appearance and actions. I have been on 1.5 mg 3 times a day for a year and am back to living again. I dread to think of where I would be without Mirapex. I don't have any side effects."

Laura 428 October 9, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Military doctors originally put me on Klonopin for my restless leg syndrome. The medication was a total God send! My only noticeable side effect was dizziness if I stood up too fast. Once we retired from the Army, however, new doctor, new medicines. I got stuck with a neurologist with a 'complex', who told me I could take Mirapex and have nerve damage testing, or I could just have the nerve testing and go without. Great. So I took the Mirapex. Over about six weeks, I've gained weight (not normal for me), forgotten LARGE amounts of things. I sleep LOUSY, and still have the 'twitches'. Doctor finally listened and put me back on Klonopin, but didn't warn me about switching from one to the other. I've now been awake for over 24 hours, only catnapping in 15 minute increments."

sterlingstreak September 17, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "After suffering from RLS for over 30 years and trying numerous medications to include Quinine Sulfate this WORKS. Loss of sleep has diminished as well as the attitude to go along with it. I can't believe that after all the Doctors I saw this one diagnosed it without me telling him. I was sitting in the office and my legs were jumping, that afternoon I tried the Mirapex and presto problem solved. No side effects I know of, dose is 0.5 mg 2x per day, some days not needed. What a relief."

Anonymous September 16, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "My Doctor prescribed Mirapex for my Restless Legs Syndrome and it made me extremely sick! I couldn't even get out of my bed for almost 24 hours and felt like a train wreck! I went back to Sinemet and it works great and is very inexpensive with my insurance."

Anonymous August 20, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I took Mirapex for a couple of months with my severe restless leg syndrome. It seemed to help but I would wake up in the middle of the night and in the morning before work and have severe nausea and vomiting. I am now taking Requip and it has been doing the same thing. "

Anonymous August 17, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "For nearly ten years I struggled with restless leg syndrome, a truly miserable and frustrating condition. The only 'treatment' I found to be effective was to get up and walk about. However, between about midnight and 6:00 a.m. this becomes quite inconvenient. Soaking in water as hot as I could stand worked only for a few seconds. Relief from massages was also extremely temporary. Initially I tried Requip, which seemed like it might be helping a teeny bit, but left much to be desired. Later a neurologist switched me to Mirapex. Following a 'breaking in' period, at long last I found relief from this miserable condition. As long as I take my daily doses, I have relief. So far, so good."

wadzieu June 1, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have been taking Mirapex for a number of years for RLS. I originally took 0.125mg once a day. After a few years it was increased to 0.125mg twice a day as my symptoms were rather severe. I have remained at the same dosage since then and have developed no side effects to the medication. I would seldom be able to sleep except for this medication."

MJCRH March 18, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Caused severe headaches."

Anonymous March 11, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "This has really helped me. I have had RLS all my life off and on. The RLS is worse now, I am 74yrs. I have been on it almost a year. I believe I may be getting some side effects lately. I am so tired, and can't seem to think straight sometimes. I realize that could be from other things, but I am going to talk to my Doctor on next visit. It is a God send if you haven't slept for nights."

great to lay still March 11, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "Since taking it for RLS, I have not had a single problem with my legs or arms trying to run a marathon while I try to sleep. The only problem I have is it makes me dream like crazy. I sometimes wake up and almost think the dreams were real. It is very strange and it happens almost every night. I have gotten used to it though. For the relief it has provided me, the dreaming is worth it."

jalari February 20, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have severe RLS that is a problem during the day as well as night time. I take Mirapex 0.25 mg twice a day, which greatly increases my comfort levels and the ability to hold relatively still. Note: I am confined to a wheelchair, with idiopathic polyneuropathy, along with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (and numerous additional diagnoses), and currently take 29 other prescription medicines, so I am unable to comment on side effects. I have tried other drugs for RLS, including Lyrica, Klonopin, Neurontin, and clonidine. For me, Mirapex and Lyrica relieve RLS far better than the others."

microSuSu February 7, 2010

For Restless Legs Syndrome "I have had disruptive RLS for all of my life. A couple of years ago it got intolerable. I tried Requip first, but it made me exceptionally tired the next day. Mirapex works quite well, allows me to not move and get agitated and I feel fine the next day."

Anonymous January 5, 2010