User Reviews for Mirapex

Learn more about Mirapex.

Restless Legs Syndrome 53 reviews 16 medications

5.8
Summary of Mirapex reviews 60 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Mirapex

Review by Anonymous323:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have suffered from RLS and PLMD for years. The last few years I've been taking Sinemet, which worked great in the beginning but gradually lost its effectiveness. I was up to 3 pills a day and the RLS was worse than ever. My neurologist just started me on Mirapex and it is incredible. One pill at night and I get a good nights sleep. I'm also not getting the RLS during the daytime anymore. I haven't felt this good in a long time! No side effects either.

August 2, 2011 10:55 AM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have never had any side effects to the Mirapex but I have all of a sudden started having a gambling problem at the age of 47. It is listed as a side effect and I wonder if it is the medicine contributing. Requip has the same side effect listed. I have to take it for my restless legs syndrome or I cannot sleep.

July 7, 2011 1:14 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I've had restless leg syndrome for about 15 years and have tried several medications. Gabapentin worked most nights, but left me practically catatonic the next day. Klonopin did nothing to help my symptoms. Requip made me feel like I was going insane, and really scared me. I gave Mirapex a high rating because it has completely eliminated all my symptoms. Unfortunately, I have severe nasal congestion as a side effect which also keeps me up all night. If I don't take it, I can breathe, but my legs are jumping and jerking all night. If I do take it, my nose feels like it's filled with cement. Either way I can't sleep. I guess it's back to the doctor to try something else.

January 1, 2011 5:09 PM

Review by blondie2:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I agree with it working. I had Rest Legs Syndrome and didn't sleep good for a month. After being put on other medicines that didn't work, the doctor decided to give me Mirapex. Oh my. I sleep every night and wake very clear and not groggy. I truly do not know where I would be if it weren't for this medication.

December 13, 2010 6:44 PM

Review by jacksutton:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I did not develop RLS until my early 70's. Began with 0.5mg Mirapex once daily, went to twice daily,(same dosage) then finally to 1mg twice daily, been on it for a year now and is working fine. Tell ya what though DON'T let your script run out and have to wait. You won't like it! It's like going off something "cold turkey". I did once and had to wait for 4 days. Very unpleasant experience.

October 31, 2010 7:50 PM

Review by Laura 428:

For Parkinson's Disease: I was unable to walk, dress myself, cook, write, or barely function. My family doctor was treating me for mini-strokes but finally agreed I should see a neurologist. He started me on Mirapex that day as he could tell that I had Parkinson's by my appearance and actions. I have been on 1.5 mg 3 times a day for a year and am back to living again. I dread to think of where I would be without Mirapex. I don't have any side effects.

October 9, 2010 11:02 PM

Review by sterlingstreak:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Military doctors originally put me on Klonopin for my restless leg syndrome. The medication was a total God send! My only noticeable side effect was dizziness if I stood up too fast. Once we retired from the Army, however, new doctor, new medicines. I got stuck with a neurologist with a 'complex', who told me I could take Mirapex and have nerve damage testing, or I could just have the nerve testing and go without. Great. So I took the Mirapex. Over about six weeks, I've gained weight (not normal for me), forgotten LARGE amounts of things. I sleep LOUSY, and still have the 'twitches'. Doctor finally listened and put me back on Klonopin, but didn't warn me about switching from one to the other. I've now been awake for over 24 hours, only catnapping in 15 minute increments.

September 17, 2010 11:38 AM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: After suffering from RLS for over 30 years and trying numerous medications to include Quinine Sulfate this WORKS. Loss of sleep has diminished as well as the attitude to go along with it. I can't believe that after all the Doctors I saw this one diagnosed it without me telling him. I was sitting in the office and my legs were jumping, that afternoon I tried the Mirapex and presto problem solved. No side effects I know of, dose is 0.5 mg 2x per day, some days not needed. What a relief.

September 16, 2010 3:12 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: My Doctor prescribed Mirapex for my Restless Legs Syndrome and it made me extremely sick! I couldn't even get out of my bed for almost 24 hours and felt like a train wreck! I went back to Sinemet and it works great and is very inexpensive with my insurance.

August 20, 2010 2:22 AM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I took Mirapex for a couple of months with my severe restless leg syndrome. It seemed to help but I would wake up in the middle of the night and in the morning before work and have severe nausea and vomiting. I am now taking Requip and it has been doing the same thing.

August 17, 2010 12:00 AM

Review by wadzieu:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: For nearly ten years I struggled with restless leg syndrome, a truly miserable and frustrating condition. The only 'treatment' I found to be effective was to get up and walk about. However, between about midnight and 6:00 a.m. this becomes quite inconvenient. Soaking in water as hot as I could stand worked only for a few seconds. Relief from massages was also extremely temporary. Initially I tried Requip, which seemed like it might be helping a teeny bit, but left much to be desired. Later a neurologist switched me to Mirapex. Following a 'breaking in' period, at long last I found relief from this miserable condition. As long as I take my daily doses, I have relief. So far, so good.

June 1, 2010 8:30 PM

Review by MJCRH:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been taking Mirapex for a number of years for RLS. I originally took 0.125mg once a day. After a few years it was increased to 0.125mg twice a day as my symptoms were rather severe. I have remained at the same dosage since then and have developed no side effects to the medication. I would seldom be able to sleep except for this medication.

March 18, 2010 1:38 AM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Caused severe headaches.

March 11, 2010 9:56 PM

Review by great to lay still:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: This has really helped me. I have had RLS all my life off and on. The RLS is worse now, I am 74yrs. I have been on it almost a year. I believe I may be getting some side effects lately. I am so tired, and can't seem to think straight sometimes. I realize that could be from other things, but I am going to talk to my Doctor on next visit. It is a God send if you haven't slept for nights.

March 11, 2010 2:36 PM

Review by jalari:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: Since taking it for RLS, I have not had a single problem with my legs or arms trying to run a marathon while I try to sleep. The only problem I have is it makes me dream like crazy. I sometimes wake up and almost think the dreams were real. It is very strange and it happens almost every night. I have gotten used to it though. For the relief it has provided me, the dreaming is worth it.

February 20, 2010 4:21 PM

Review by microSuSu:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have severe RLS that is a problem during the day as well as night time. I take Mirapex 0.25 mg twice a day, which greatly increases my comfort levels and the ability to hold relatively still. Note: I am confined to a wheelchair, with idiopathic polyneuropathy, along with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (and numerous additional diagnoses), and currently take 29 other prescription medicines, so I am unable to comment on side effects. I have tried other drugs for RLS, including Lyrica, Klonopin, Neurontin, and clonidine. For me, Mirapex and Lyrica relieve RLS far better than the others.

February 7, 2010 3:52 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have had disruptive RLS for all of my life. A couple of years ago it got intolerable. I tried Requip first, but it made me exceptionally tired the next day. Mirapex works quite well, allows me to not move and get agitated and I feel fine the next day.

January 5, 2010 11:48 AM

Review by leisurechuckh:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I had RLS in the evening and while sleeping for years. Finally brought it up with my doctor. I now take 0.25 mg Mirapex morning and evening. It works for me. If I run out for a couple days, the restless legs and fidgities come right back. No negative side effects that I know of.

December 27, 2009 11:39 PM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: After using Mirapex for approximately a year, it slowly became less effective. Although I had been without any symptoms of RLS, I now began to experience increasing episodes of RLS. With the help of my doctor, I have used different combinations of medicines (including Mirapex) until we found the right one. It seems prolonged use of some medicines can make them less effective. Sometimes changing the regimen with professional help can keep RLS at bay.

November 5, 2009 6:50 PM

Review by syon99:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: My wife had frequent leg movements throughout the night. Mirapex immediately stopped the leg movements. She continues to take the drug daily and restless leg syndrome has not returned. Very effective drug.

October 3, 2009 9:46 AM

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have been using Mirapex for two years for severe RLS. Mine just showed up suddenly without warning and honestly barely slept for two months. I went to numerous doctors who tried every type of sleeping pill including Ambien. I still didn't sleep and with the Ambien I actually got into my car and drove and don't have much memory of it until I hit the back of another car! Finally I was placed on Mirapex and it is a miracle drug. I literally was feeling suicidal until that was prescribed. For me, it really needs to be taken early evening because if not I have problems because it takes awhile to take effect.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2009 3:18 PM

Review by wv_picker:

For Parkinson's Disease: Had very bad side effects with this medication.

September 4, 2009 12:01 AM

Review by Kicker48:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: It works well for me and I have no idea where I would be without it.

July 31, 2009 11:50 AM

Review by Juls C.:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: This medicine is a lifesaver. Both my boyfriend and I take it and we don't kick each other out of bed like we used to!

July 22, 2009 5:58 PM

Review by Restless Me:

For Restless Legs Syndrome: I have suffered with restless leg syndrome since a child. About 5 years ago started on Requip. It caused severe nausea. Mirapex is the answer for me.

July 20, 2009 1:18 PM