User Reviews for MiraLax

Learn more about MiraLax.

MiraLax Review Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 215 medications used in the treatment of Constipation.

Reviews for MiraLax to treat Constipation

"I had miralax after a surgery last week. I took it once daily, it didn't produce a bowel movement for 6 days but when it did the stool was soft and came out without straining which is good because I had open heart surgery. I will continue to take it until I am off of the pain medication which last time I was on it caused a horrendously painful softball size poop."

StephXD (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2015

"I have Small Cell Cervical Cancer, a very rare cancer with an aggressive form of treatment. I had to undergo an intense amount of chemo and radiation therapy which was aimed directly at my bowels due to the field of treatment. This being said I had a lot of cells that died off in my GI tract with all treatments. I also developed an internal hemorrhoid that literally has been HELL for the last 3/4 months. Miralax has been the ONLY thing to help cure this dreadful pain during bowel movements and keeps them coming loosely every morning! This is a hugely successful. Anyone who has ever suffered from hemorrhoids during cancer treatment to that area (impossible for it to heal & miralax made it possible!) THANK YOU!!"

Tough in Teal July 27, 2015

"I've suffered from chronic constipation my entire 42 years on earth. I could easily go 3-4 weeks without having a BM. That is not healthy and certainly NOT normal. I was deployed to Africa last fall and knew I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't get something to take with me. Laxatives/stool softeners never worked so I grabbed a bottle of Miralax to try. I am so very glad I did. This product saved my life and allowed me to focus on the mission (treating Ebola infected healthcare personnel) rather than becoming a patient myself because of severe abdominal pain. I am able to have a BM several times a day now without pain or abdominal discomfort at all. My doctor has given me a prescription for it which makes it even better."

Finally! July 21, 2015

"I hadn't had a BM in over a week and took this and I was able to go within a few hours. Not sure if it really worked or if it was just from drinking more water but I think Miralax helped a little! Will use again if needed!"

Vivian N June 26, 2015

"I was diagnosed with IBS-C and chronic constipation about two years ago. The doctor simply wrote me off with a prescription that didn't work. Tired of tons of prescriptions that didn't help me go and gave me have horrible symptoms, I ventured out on my own and drastically changed my diet but even that didn't work! Finally I tried Miralax because it was the only thing left and my doctor kept urging me to. I am so glad I did! I go two to three times a day and have normal stool. Sometimes my stool is on the runnier side or I get stomach cramps before a bowel movement but I am very happy with this product! It dissolves very well in any kind of drink. I recommend people to try it and give it about two weeks to work. Also, drink your water!"

Baxt June 4, 2015

"From a combination of stress and a poor diet, I experienced some constipation last week. I did not have a solid bowel movement in a week. After seeing multiple ads on TV and reading reviews online, I decided to give Miralax a try. I found this drug very effective. I experienced results after just two days taking it. I would mix a pouch of Miralax in my morning fruit smoothie for twice the stimulation. Today is day 5 of my one week trial and Miralax continues to work. I am so relieved to no longer be constipated. I have a lot less abdominal discomfort as well."

J Phoenix May 4, 2015

"It works I went to the er and I was told to take miralax and I am so glad I bought it is a good product I am so happy to be relieved!"

ILLEY February 4, 2015

"Until about 5 years ago (when I turned 40), I very rarely had any problems with bowel movements. Then I got a toe infection which required antibiotics to clear up. It worked, but after that I started having problems with constipation. I tried more bran and fiber. It did not work. I tried eating more fruit and vegetables. It didnt work. It was getting so bad that I started get hemorrhoids that bled bright red blood when I wiped. It was scary. I had to strain and strain just to get to the bathroom. I tried prunes and prune juice, and when it did work, it gave me the runs and lots of gas and cramping. I tried magnesium, and in order for it to work, I had to take so much that it gave me the runs unexpectedly. Miralax worked for me."

Bob8 January 26, 2015

"I had a bowel obstruction from using lasix, and not drinking enough water. I was admitted for surgery scheduled the next morning. But before the surgery I did use three small bottles under dr. Supervision in hospital, and my bowel obstruction miraculously untested! Today, four years later I am constipated from vicodin. I used miralax today...And my pains went away and I was able to go."

jennah January 14, 2015

"I've been dealing with a chronic GI problem for about 3 months. It caused me to some times because unreliable/loose when going to the bathroom. So I went on the B.R.A.T diet for a little too long and it got me backed up pretty bad. I tried Dulcolax but it didn't do too much. My doctor decided I try the last step and take a dose of Miralax. I mixed it in a full bottle of 100% juice and all the terrible pain and bloating I had went right away a couple hours later. No cramping or anything, just mild stomach growling. This is a miracle!"

FC3 (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2014

"A few years back I was hospitalized with a bowel obstruction. Once I left the hospital, my bowel movements have been irregular. I couldn't make a movement in over 3 weeks. I was force to take stool softeners (which never worked) and Dulcalax laxatives (which did worked but I became constipated after it wore off) I went to the doctor and they suggest I try Miralax. I gave it a try, when 1 day past, it only gave me gas. 2nd day past, more gas. On the 3rd day with Miralax, I was able to have a bowel movement. I was very happy because, when I take Dulcolax I had cramps and had to have the toilet on standby all day. Miralax was a painless soft stool which relieved pressure of constipation. And I started having regular movements."

Neanerz1025 November 13, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"When taking Miralax daily it's very effective in moving your bowls. The only down side is that it takes a few days for it to start working but once it starts working you'll feel a lot better! I stopped using it because I thought I wouldn't get constipated again bad choice I got constipated it's because of the medicines I take (painkillers) anyways I recommend you take it once a day or one every other day to keep from getting constipated. Miralax works just give it time and don't miss a dose of you get severely constipated like I do!"

Chrisphan (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 6, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have gastroperesis and rarely have a bowel movement on my own. I've gone 3 weeks easily without a bowel movement. It's to the point that when I do go on my own, we know that I am severely constipated and that it HAS to come out. (Abdominal xrays continuously show I'm backed up, even after going). Miralax is not a "miracle medicine" for me. It works, but only after a few days time. However, considering that typical laxatives only cause me gas and bloating, but no relief, I can't really complain. Magnesium citrate, Linzess, Reglan, Amitiza have all failed me. This is the only relief that I can ever get."

IPoopedToday (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 9, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was prescribed Miralax in the ER. I have been in HORRIBLE pain since Tuesday. I've taken Miralax since Wednesday and haven't had a bowel motion since. This product severely constipated me. The opposite of what its supposed to do. I am STILL in pain and I was normally regular. Not anymore. "

jazmynj81 July 13, 2014

"Since December I've had chronic constipation and weight loss. Was taking Miralax intermittently for the months following. Twice I had to take magnesium citrate as if preparing for a colonoscopy because I couldn't go at all. Since then I took Miralax every day until June when my general practitioner doctor and gastrointestinal doctor's office recommended Linzess. I stopped Miralax, took Linzess for a week. I couldn't go for a full week! The magnesium citrate didn't help this time, so I ended up in the hospital for treatment. I asked for Miralax while I was in the hospital, they complied. I discontinued Linzess and have been back on Miralax for 2 weeks. Things are now working satisfactorily again. I will not give up Miralax again."

Ctblue57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 6, 2014

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My experience with Miralax was above and beyond amazing. ...unlike any other. ...after suffering from constipation all my life and after trying every single method and being hospitalized. ..and dealing with several other issues due to my constipation such as anemia, under weight. I was put on Miralax. At first I didn't want to take it because it was slow but my doctor explained to me that it's supposed to help me go to the restroom on my own and that's exactly what I've been doing for 5 years now ...(I went from having a bowel movement every three weeks to every other day and now daily on my own. I still take Miralax but only randomly)"

Anonymous May 27, 2014

140 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had very painful Irritable Bowel Syndrome-Constipation for most of my life and have gone as long as three weeks without a bowel movement. It hasn't responded to changes in diet, exercise regimens, or fiber supplements. (In fact, the fiber made it much worse!) Other laxatives either don't work or wring me out for days. My doctor prescribed Miralax in 2008 and I have taken it daily ever since with no problem. I still don't go every day, but when I do go the stool is soft, and the motion is easy and painless. I expect to take Miralax forever, and have no problem doing so. It's a beneficial, versatile medication that's definitely worth a shot if you're battling constipation."

Serene Celine (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2014

163 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have had Irritable Bowel Syndrome-chronic constipation since 2001. I have been to hell and back. Been in the hospital SEVERAL times for being so "backed up". I have been on several different meds and OTC things for constipation. My gastro doc finally told me one of the reasons I suffer gas (can't burp) is because of being backed up. She put me on Miralax LONG term. I take it once a day. If you suffer or know anyone that does get on Miralax and never be without it."

ShirlDBP February 24, 2014

179 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I was diagnosed with colonic inertia and was scheduled for surgery to have my colon removed and the small intestines attached to the rectum due to chronic constipation. I could not have a bowel motion without the use of an enema and was hospitalized several times due to impactions. The last time I was hospitalized I was given Miralax and since then I have had no problems with constipation. I take it once a day or once every 2 days and it has worked wonders for me I am able to have a bowel motion almost every day with no problems. I have experienced no side effects at all. Since it has been working I have decided to opt out of the surgery, it has been so wonderful to feel normal again. I have been so relieved in not having to worry about painful bowel motions, it's great."

Anonymous February 13, 2014

170 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Works Great... No abdominal pain, will recomend to friends"

Babe! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 10, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"FINALLY! My whole life I've had a problem going number 2 so much so I would only go 2-3 times the entire month. These past few months however things took a turn for the worse. My poop became severely impacted. I would push and push for hours only to get a pea sized amount out. I couldn't sleep because I could feel the pain and pressure there. It was bad. I tried liquid laxatives you drink and they did the trick but the second they wore off the constipation and pain was back. Then I heard about Miralax and had my fianc"

Feelingbetternow October 15, 2013

150 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"My daughter has been taking Miralax since she was 5. Prior to starting the Miralax regimen, my daughter would suffer from daily stomach pain. She was finally diagnosed with a chronic constipation problem and put on Miralax. She has been using it for four years now and very rarely complains anymore (if at all). You may have to play with dosage from time to time. She started on a heavy dose and we were then able to taper down to a much smaller one. We are happy with how it has helped her. Of course, we would love it if she didn't have to use anything at all! But we are very grateful to have something that helps her so much. She doesn't have any side effects from it--that is another positive about this product. Give Miralax a try."

505nm July 30, 2013

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I had a partial bowel obstruction and could not go. I tried several other laxatives, stool softener, prune juice, enema, fiber gimmes, everything I could think of and nothing worked! I could only poop water. I tired Miralax and within 2 days the obstruction started breaking down and within 1 week I started pooping normal! I was scared I was going to have surgery. I highly recommend this product."

AF91 July 18, 2013

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I've had constipation problems for years. It runs in my family. About ten years ago I had to have major hemorrhoid surgery, both internal and external, and things have been going downhill since. After having kidney stones and the doctor could not see them on X-rays because of impaction in my intestines my urologist suggested Miralax. I had taken Ducolax, two different types of laxatives but was made sick each time because both produced violent reactions but both worked well. Miralax was the answer. A miracle."

old man 2 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 12, 2013

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have taken Miralax since I was 3 years old due to a medical condition. The product does what it should, but after about 3 years it acquired a flavor that I can't stand. I mix it with other drinks and over time it ruins those drinks for me also. If you can get past the flavor it is a miracle product."

nanbot3000 (taken for 10 years or more) May 1, 2013