User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 29 medications

9.3
Bowel Preparation 84 reviews 113 medications

7.4
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 2 reviews 44 medications

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 89 reviews 7.4

Reviews for MoviPrep

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 19 and taking MoviPrep for my first colonoscopy. Or should I say WAS taking it. First glass was terrible but with a plugged nose and a strong chaser, it was possible. The second glass was absolutely horrible. About halfway through it I vomited twice, got the chills and called my Doctor to cancel. I'm rescheduled with a different prep (with only 4 total tablespoons of prep and a ton of water!) The rest of the day my stomach was upset and came close to vomiting multiple times. It's now 12 (did the half a liter at 5) and the bowels just started moving. Would not recommend, it's terrible and there are better alternatives!"

saraaaaaaa May 19, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Before trying MoviPrep, I initially bought a different laxative that came in a 4L antifreeze-looking bottle. Once I got home and looked at the bottle I was terrified at having to drink 4 liters of the stuff. After further research I found moviprep and was relieved that it was only half that volume. I expected it to taste much worse. It was fairly easy to drink at the start. By the last few glasses, it definitely got a little harder to drink but it was certainly tolerable."

RogerIII April 20, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Not bad. forgot the crystal light, and after i started 2nd dose (and it was clearly working by then), i went to a close store to look for it because i was gagging on the taste! No luck. Use a straw and dont breath in when drining if this is you! Almost skipped the 2nd dose because the nurse said 2nd dose in the am. Thankfully i looked at the paper for prep and it said 1st@6p & 2nd @ 8p both night b4. Saw this at 9:30p so i think I am good. I did notice most of you are further apart on dosing. Hope all good. It is amost clear tho...some yellow, but it may be the lemon jello i had for breakfast, lunch, & dinner. No side effects but im 42..not sure if that makes a diff:)."

pangiescolio April 10, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The prep was for my wife who has chronic migraines. A look at the ingredients reveals it contains Aspartame, which can trigger migraines."

Q-tip April 9, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Absolutely fine stuff. It doesn't need anything added to it. I put ice cubes in it and chugged it right down and sipped on it and frankly it was almost good. Definitely not gag worthy and if crystal light were to be included, it would be disgusting. It tastes like lemonade. I really don't think most people need the second day. I took it this morning but only half and let's just say I know what the toilet should look like and it's practically clear. BTW I made turkey broth from scratch and drank that and tea as well as white wine after dinner. (Hey that's a clear juice drink) So don't let people scare you. A nation of wusses, I say."

Annie from EDH April 9, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I was given moviprep to prepare my bowel for a colonoscopy. It doesn't taste great. It's quite thick too, a bit like olive oil. I didn't find it too bad. I didn't mix anything with it so if you can't stand it, that may help. I had 2 litres to drink within 24hrs, drinking lots of water in between. It worked very quickly. You'll know you're clear when you're just passing yellow/clear liquid. The worst thing for me was the hunger & I did get sore from 'going' so much. Petroleum jelly on the area helps. The prep worked as I was awake for my colonoscopy & could see on the screen how clean my insides were. Its not a pleasant experience, but Moviprep does the job. My procedure was yesterday & I've had no after effects. Good luck with yours :)"

CharleyA April 9, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "50 years old, 1st colonoscopy. I scheduled an 8 am exam. I suggestion you have a 11 am exam. You take the 1st packets of A & B for MoviPrep (MP) around 6 pm that night. I suggest you drink about 12 to 16 ounces of water prior to drinking the MP, otherwise it makes you dizzy. Things will start happening between an half to 2 hours later. I probably had 30 flushes of the toilet before I got to bed around 10:30 pm. Had to wake up at 2:30 am for the 2nd batch. Repeated above, but this time I drank it all in about 30 minutes with another 16 ounces of water just prior. Your BM's will be all liquid, at least 40 flushes before I was finished. The urine was bright yellow, like you took a B vitamin. Good stuff!"

Nedley (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Hey, I'm 18 and having a colonoscopy tomorrow. They put me on moviprep and it's working! Started off chasing it with some ginger ale bt after the first 8oz I was gagging. I bought some MELON POWERADE and it went down easy. Just add some ice and mix the moviprep in, and it went down like a charm. I still havnt had the second "installment" at 4am bt I'm sure it'll go down just as easy as the first dose. plain it tastes retched like this lemony salty gooey water but mix it up and you'll be fine."

Jewishandproud March 31, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Mixed feelings - I found the taste not too bad at all and was surprised that I found it easier to drink than I expected. I took it about 100ml at a time and just gulped it down. Started working after 1.5 hours and did its job EXCEPT as last time (I've done this before) I'm still making regular visits to the toilet and have fingers crossed it will stop before I need to leave for the hospital in a couple of hours."

chrisUK March 26, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Well, I'm scheduled for a colonoscopy tomorrow afternoon and have been prescribed Movi-Prep for my preparation. I am a terribly nervous patient and I liked to read up about every single little detail on everything. I read every review on this page, on every other website and many others too and I wanted to give my opinion. Its not as bad as everyone says. It really isn't that bad, the packet recommends every 15 minutes 8oz. I managed 12/13oz every 10 minutes and finished the first litre in half an hour, only because I wanted to pace myself. I could have easily done the litre in the space of ten minutes. Currently waiting for the effects to kick in. Im not overly looking forward to the 6AM litre, but I'm not as terrified as I was today"

PatrickCork March 25, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Hello, just wanted to let everyone know this stuff wasn't bad at all....it didn't even taste horrible. Just had a really strong lemonade taste. No after taste. .just make sure to add lemonade crystal light and chill before taking. Took first dose of 32oz at 1pm...downed it in 10 mins. After started having bowel movements throughout the day. No pain or bloating just lots of intestinal rumbling. My second dose, took at 5am.. this one took a lil bit longer to drink maybe about 40 mins since it was so early...taking the 16oz pf water was much harder. But did it!! Had a few more movements for about 4hrs, and was ready!! I was so terrified the day i picked up the mix literally cried thinking it was going to be bad. But it wasn't. Best prep."

Gio bee March 19, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I started my prep at 10:00 tonight 3/6/2015 late due to the storm and having to travel 6 hours away. First off this isn't my first and won't be my last. I started just on clear liquids on Tuesday so I wouldn't have a lot to come out. So I drank my first liter at 10:00 and not 5 minutes after my first 8 ounces I was in the bathroom. I continued and got both liters down and have had a some ice chips. It's 2:25 AM I am still on the commode and it's a all clear. I did have issues with vomiting this time which is not me I have these at least every three months. But over all, I am now hoping I am on the down side and can lay down and get warm. The chills are the worst."

Prettygirlspoop March 6, 2015

For Gastrointestinal Decontamination "Did not work for some reason. I took it at 6;00pm, and did not get a bowel movement until 2:00am. It was so bad for causing pressure to urinate I could not finish the second bottle."

Joseph C. January 31, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Colonoscopy prep. Not nearly as bad for me as some below describe. Two session prep. Mixed the stuff in advance, added one packet of Crystal Light lemonade mix and about two teaspoons of lemon juice, then chilled. Tastes a lot like lemon lime Gatorade, with some salt added, but a bit slimey consistency. Tried several ways of drinking and ended up doing this. Drank from a glass, no straw. Before taking a swallow, sucked for a moment on a mint. Then took a big mouthfull with head tilted back, so avoided most of my tongue. Held there for a second, then swallowed and immediately took another suck on mint. The another mouthful, etc. No side effects. Started bowel motion about 70 minutes after first glass and went on and off for 90 min."

Gamevod December 2, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "Took Moviprep for my 50 year colonoscopy screening. I'm sorry many people have had such a hard time with it, but for myself, that just wasn't the case. Yes, the prep tastes fairly gross: like thick flat 7up with salt in it....followed by a weird melon-cucumber aftertaste. I chilled it, and when it was time to drink an 8 oz portion, I just gulped it down. The only time it was almost too much was on dose 8 in the AM. Following that with 16 oz of water was almost too much to bear, and it made me nauseous. It took almost an hour for the prep to get going, but there was only some rumbling and no cramping. The night before doses got the movements fairly clear, but it took the morning dose to really clean things up. The diarrhea wasn't that bad."

Patrick Sr. November 14, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "The idea of taking it is worse than actually taking it. Used Moviprep in split dosing (4pm then 2 am) to prepare for colonoscopy this morning. The reviews here helped, so thanks! I followed the suggestion to add crystal light to the mix and it worked great. I recommend 3 lemonade packets for each litre. Drinking the mixture cold in a covered cup with a straw worked well. I didn't find it to be nearly as unpleasant as some of the other reviewers. I ate broth based soups 2 days out and had only clear liquids the day before the procedure when I started taking the mixture. It started working about 1.5 hours after my first sip."

Kim K. (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "Had to take in prep for colonoscopy. It tastes awful, thick salty, lemony water. It really helps to drink through a straw, I had to put cordial in it in the end to get through it. I had the split course, after starting at 6pm and taking 2 hrs to get the first litre down all I could think about was having to drink another litre at 8am. Didn't start to have bowel movement until about an hour after I'd finished about 9:15pm, once I started I was on the toilet for about 2 hrs, not painful and watery straight away. Was up in the night about 2am for another hour, but that's not unusual for me. Just started the 2nd litre doused in cordial. Will let you know how I get on"

Justvh November 5, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "I began the first prep at 6pm. I mixed it with ice cold water and lemon Crystal Light. Not too bad. I finished the first prep within the allotted one hour. The worst part was cramping, bloating and chills. Everything that came out was solid waste. I began the second prep at 2am. This one took almost three hours to finish (drained). But everything that came out was mostly water-based. Also, no cramping, bloating or chills. The colonoscopy was a total breeze. My gastro called me a lovely patient. The key I believe is to have as little undigested food in your GI tract as possible prior to the prep, which is where fasting for at least one day comes into play. (Worked for me)"

j valentina (taken for less than 1 month) October 26, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "This was my first colonoscopy prep. MoviPrep tastes like a salty, lemon flavored drink. I chilled mine beforehand and I think that made it go down easier. My doctor's orders were to follow a clear fluids diet in the morning and then start a liter of MoviPrep at 5pm and at 10pm. It started to work before I finished the last of the first one. After about an hour and a half on and off the pot, it all settled and I rested until the next dose at 10pm. I did some research and decided to follow a soft diet the day before I started MoviPrep, so maybe that helped the whole process. It really wasn't that bad."

J McK (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "I'm having to use MoviPrep for the 1st time today, in readiness for Endoscopic examination of my complete digestive system, in the hope of getting a diagnosis of why I became badly Iron deficient. I followed the instructions as were given to me by the hospital. 1st does at 17:00 hrs, and the 2nd at 20:00. Things have started to work, going straight to the watery stool stage as warned. The taste isn't too unpleasant, just a bit salty, I didn't find the need to chill it as some suggest."

Ugly Bugga (taken for less than 1 month) October 14, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "1st time having colonoscopy. Moviprep awful. I vomited & felt like I had the stomach flu & horrible migraine all at once. Needless to say my colonoscopy did not go well"

DoverMF (taken for less than 1 month) October 11, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "I was very sceptical of taking Moviprep after reading the online reviews but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I did take an anti-emetic beforehand as prescribed by my doctor and I had no nausea at all. Yes the prep does taste awful and whatever you use to help flavour it you will never want to drink again. But I had no side effects no cramping, bloating or nausea. The motions I was able to easily get to the toilet and didn't need to get up in the night. The only side effect I did get was burning towards the end but did use lots of sudocream. My advise would be start early and take you time. I started at 2pm and finished at 8pm for the two doses."

Ribena (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "Have to have a colonoscopy every 2 years . MoviPrep tastes bad but it works. Tastes better than others ."

slothie (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "Got MoviPrep for my colonoscopy. Followed instructions for first dose and felt it an hour after. I set up my station in the toilet and was on the toilet until 3 hours 40 mins after. I still ran to the bathroom for less frequent intermittent water poop urges. From the first dose, I knew I would get zero sleep that night. I only did half of the second dose because if I took the whole dose I would be crapping my pants in the taxi on my way to appointment. I started second dose at 1 am and got no sleep until 5:30am since I kept drinking water. That was a mistake because the more I drank the more I pooped out. I was cursing my doctor for giving me Moviprep but I'm glad this is all over."

ToilettingAllNight (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2014

For Bowel Preparation "Prep for colonoscopy: 1st attempt was in May 2014 and was an epic fail, volume of liquid was too much, gave me horrible heartburn, threw up 75% of the stuff. However, what did get through worked, but 25% not nearly enough for a complete cleaning. Attempt 2. Dr switched to a 2 day prep using MoviPrep. MoviPrep, to me, has a horrible taste. Thankfully the volume is a bit less. I just completed my first 32 oz. (first 16 oz completed in 20 mins, 2nd 16 oz, 90 mins...ugh). Next dose 6pm. Use a Lipton tea bag in prep and it helps to cut bad taste. Heating pad on abdomen helps too. No movement yet 3.5 hrs in. "

SemperFiWife02 (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2014