User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 29 medications

9.3
Bowel Preparation 56 reviews 112 medications

7.1
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of MoviPrep reviews 59 reviews 7.2

Reviews for MoviPrep

Review by DEAmbrose: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Fasted all yesterday in prep for today's MoviPrep which is needed for tomorrows Colonoscopy. This stuff started working less than 10 mins after finishing first 8 ozs! I hope when I am done drinking all of it that I don't still feel so hungry for a nice juicy steak!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 16, 2014 4:11 PM
Review by splitty: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: The first taste of the Orange Moviprep hit my lips at 4pm sharp, finished the liter in approx 50 mins... 10 mins later ....."action stations"! Exactly 1 hour to start doing its thing. A few slight cramps, but all in all pretty good. Not looking forward to the next session though.. I feel empty already. Wondering if I really need the second dose. Anyhow, best to be safe, as I really don't want to do this again for another 5 years minimum! 1 liter of salty-sweet-thick-watery stuff. I can do this, especially if washing down with a nice cold beer (or 4) Got to be happy with that.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 25, 2014 4:17 AM
Review by barbieblo: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: No cramps, no nausea. Chills and shaking kind of bad. Procedure was easy. DO IT!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 24, 2014 11:21 PM
Review by Byrdsng: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Certainly does what it is supposed to do. Read all the previous reviews and I was terrified to take it. Finally gathered up the courage and did Moviprep shooters for happy hour. No cramping. No side effects other than what it is supposed to do. Yes it tastes a little like lemon pledge. It isn't something I would choose to drink for fun but it isn't as bad.

February 4, 2014 10:31 PM
Review by Rach28ael: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: So far the taste is ok. Drank it warm. Not bad, a little salty. Took the whole bottle to finally be able to go. Now just wait and see and start next bottle at 6 pm.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2014 12:09 PM
Review by willow1210: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: 1st Moviprep was lemon flavour split dose night and early morning. Was not looking forward to the morning dose as tasted disgusting. Second bowl cleanse with Moviprep again but orange flavour this time and was a lot more palatable. A lot nicer then lemon flavour, as in UK the NHS sent it through for colonoscopy prep.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 12, 2013 1:57 PM
Review by Justfineprepxx: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Just finished split prep for colonoscopy this morning. Not as bad as I had feared - chilled solution, used straw and chasers, finished with mints. Could not drink final glass (knew I would vomit) but was well cleaned out. Clear your schedule and have good reading material handy and it's not too bad.

November 22, 2013 1:55 PM
Review by MoviPrep (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Pros: Cleans out colon well without pain, cramping. Cons: Cost, taste Best colonoscopy prep I've ever taken. The taste isn't great but then what prep is? Follow the tips others have posted and drinking the Moviprep will be easier. I'd use this again.

November 13, 2013 1:32 PM
Review by colonoscopy patient: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Prepare prep in advance adding 1/2 packet lemon crystal light and refrigerate. When time comes to drink, pour into a cup with ice and drink with through a straw. Never had any stomach cramps and actually only went to bathroom a couple of times the night before. The next morning drank the second liter in same manner as before. Still no cramps and went to the bathroom frequently until completely purged. I would highly recommend.

November 8, 2013 11:09 AM
Review by Missark (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This is the 4th colonoscopy I have had. I WILL NEVER PREP WITH MOVIPREP again. Tastes like moldy salt water with a twist of moldy lime. I literally gagged trying to get this down and yes I used a straw. It is expensive! If you have an early morning appointment, you are up 1 a.m. (For me) to do Part 2. No prep experience is pleasant, MoviPrep is disgusting.

November 8, 2013 6:34 AM
Review by Rocky NY (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Worst Prep ever!! Terrible chemical, heavy lemon taste. Took the two litres and water as directed. IT DID NOT WORK.. I have used other preps that worked great. Don't waist you time with this one. Went for colonoscopy, and had to be abandoned, moviprep had failed to work and my colon was full of faeces. All that preperation for nothing, i even went on a liquid diet prior and it still failed. Also REAL BAD SIDE EFFECTS. EXTREME PAIN FOR DAYS AFTERWARD AND STOMACH GURLING. Now got to do all over again with different prep.

October 26, 2013 9:36 AM
Review by Janesandy: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This prep works. But getting it down is awful. A bitter, bitter taste comes after each swallow. My pharmacist told me that there are less expensive preps that work just as well. I paid $70. Colonoscopy went fine (10-15-13) and I was relieved it was over.....but now I am experiencing loss of taste for some foods and beverages. Searched online and found evidence of that happening. It has only been 4 days since procedure. I hope time will help to bring back sensory taste.

October 19, 2013 12:11 PM
Review by AnxiousArtie: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Mixed it with half a packet of lemon-lime Crystal Light and refrigerated it. Didn't find the taste bad at all; consistency a bit weird (like watery maple syrup). No cramping, tiny bit of bloating until it started working. Drank a cup every 10 minutes. Started working 45 minutes after 1st dose (15 minutes after the 4th). Was able to sleep; did need to get up once. Second prep in morning; started working pretty much with the 1st dose. Pretty much ran its course after 2 hours.

October 5, 2013 1:36 PM
Review by Shelynn (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This was my 2nd colonoscopy, and this time I prescribed MoviPrep. The taste was the worst part, even though I drank through a straw. I would brush my teeth each drink due to the after taste. Aside from the taste, it worked well. It started working in about 35 minutes. I had to do a split dosage, 1/2 the night before, and 1/2 the morning of colonoscopy. I ate a low residue diet the day before and I believed that helped so there was not so much output. I think some people think they should eat a lot the day before, but that just makes the prep last longer.

October 1, 2013 3:08 PM
Review by OKnow: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Procedure scheduled for 6.30am. Clear liquids only for prior 36 hours, nothing by mouth except for bowel prep after midnight. Started at 6pm as prescribed and took first half of the prep at 15 minute intervals over one hour. The taste is vile, sweet-salty with chemical feel and the consistency thick, almost like vegetable oil. I was able to take it fairly easily, followed by water as prescribed. Four hours later the bowel motions began, Second round began at midnight, had to gag it down but able to finish dose. Results good, clear pale yellow at the end. Severe hunger headache and malaise throughout. 12 hrs after procedure still have rumbling bowels.

September 11, 2013 6:54 PM
Review by courtney2289 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I had to take this for a colonoscopy. Having not been allowed to eat all day for the day before the examination, I was quite apprehensive about putting this strange smelling lemony stuff in my mouth. Needless to say, I found it incredibly hard to drink. It took me around 2 1/2 hours to finish the first litre, starting at 5pm and finishing (eventually) at 7.30pm. It took about an hour for the medicine to work properly, after I was stuck to the sofa with bad stomach cramps. The second litre didn't go down well at all. I was very bloated and felt like I was going to vomit, which I didn't want to do, as then it would have all been for nothing. It's 5am now and still half a litre to go. Hoping it will be okay as I'm still stuck to the toilet.

September 10, 2013 12:00 AM
Review by JuliaDanikka (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I'm 18 years old and am having a colonoscopy. I have trouble drinking things that taste gross and salt water even in the ocean makes me gag. Weeks of being terrified and hearing all the horror stories associated with this bowel prep, I finally got to the day before my appointment. I purchased the Moviprep and poured the first packet into a 1L bottle and MIXED IN 4 CRYSTAL LIGHT LEMON LIME packets and shook it all up and put it in the fridge. When the time came to drink it, it went down easy, unlike many of the other people I have read, and it just tasted overly sweet. It did have a slight after taste of salt, so keep a glass of 7UP beside you to wash it away.

September 5, 2013 7:08 PM
Review by DarkAeon (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Had a sigmoidoscopy the other week, first time, and got given Moviprep by the hospital to take in advance. Only had to take 1L and I could get up at 6am to take for a 13:30 appointment. Found it incredibly hard to drink, THAT TASTE!! Ugh! As if those horrible backless hospital shorts and the procedure done wasn't bad enough. You can imagine my horror when I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis (boo, but at least the last time was now definitely worth it) and the Doc said he wanted to send me for a Colonoscopy. Staring 2L in the face this afternoon, and already I have the shakes! First pint glass in, and it's definitely better to just get two straws. Started working within ten minutes.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 21, 2013 10:46 AM
Review by redpeg (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Mine was done over two days the first dose left me feeling bloated, cramping. The next morning did three quarters of it and and it was all over, I vomited so hard, along with chills, shaking and just a phone call away from 911. Did it's job though.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 31, 2013 7:16 PM
Review by barb956 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Took it on Thursday evening, June 20, 2013. Taste was OK .. no problems. Started to work 45 minutes into taking first dose. Worked too well, was up all night on toilet. 2nd dose at 3 AM. Finally stopped going about 6 AM. Colonscopy appointment at 9:30 AM. My problem was being cold. I wrapped myself up with a coat, blanket and bath towels and still froze. Colonscopy prep was good and had one pre-cancerous polyp. I'd use the product again because it takes only 8 glasses to drink, 4 with each dose.

June 29, 2013 10:07 AM
Review by lisaemurray: User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This tastes so bad I was gagging to get it down. I am never using it again and its very expensive. I had to shoot it with a before and after chaser. There is no flavor whatsoever other than thick sea water. It smells lemony but don't let that fool you.

June 2, 2013 11:01 PM
Review by Arcadia (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: Very effective. Tastes horrible but put it in a wide mouthed cup with ice, pinched my nose and gulped it down. Not too bad that way! Also chewed mint gum immediately after each dose. I hope Niagra Falls stops before my procedure in 5 hours.

May 6, 2013 8:00 AM
Review by Lorenzo1950 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I wanted to prove to myself that I could take it, so I just gulped the stuff down as quickly as possible. Tastes like salty sour lemon candy and a little like bitter lemon. Now I have to wait 5 years to have this much fun again. Not a pleasant experience but I can tolerate it every 5 years.

February 21, 2013 10:25 PM
Review by Laughingirl (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: This is by far the easiest prep I’ve used. Yes, it smells and tastes awful, but you can overcome that somewhat by mixing ahead and chilling the mixture, using a straw, and chasing with a sip of whatever tastes good to you. Stand and walk a bit while you drink--it helps get things moving and dispels the bloated feeling. The prep starting working in 50 minutes both evening and morning, and worked thoroughly. The duration of action was 4 hours after the evening dose, 2 hours after the morning. No nausea, very little cramping, and not much soreness. I was able to have the procedure done and didn't have much trouble getting back to normal. I would use this again when necessary.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2013 2:14 AM
Review by Louise Melbourne:

MoviPrep (polyethylene glycol 3350 with electrolytes) for Bowel Preparation: I had a colonoscopy about 15 years ago. The preparation to clean the bowels was just awful. Moviprep is far far easier and works much quicker than the others on the market. The taste is not great. Follow the instructions to a the letter and you won't go wrong. My colonoscopy is due tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to a nice tea tomorrow night.

January 20, 2013 2:43 AM