User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 29 medications

9.3
Bowel Preparation 64 reviews 112 medications

7.1
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 1 reviews 44 medications

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 68 reviews 7.2

Reviews for MoviPrep

Review by Ribena (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I was very sceptical of taking Moviprep after reading the online reviews but I must say I was pleasantly surprised. I did take an anti-emetic beforehand as prescribed by my doctor and I had no nausea at all. Yes the prep does taste awful and whatever you use to help flavour it you will never want to drink again. But I had no side effects no cramping, bloating or nausea. The motions I was able to easily get to the toilet and didn't need to get up in the night. The only side effect I did get was burning towards the end but did use lots of sudocream. My advise would be start early and take you time. I started at 2pm and finished at 8pm for the two doses.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 4:48 AM

Review by slothie (taken for 10 years or more):

For Bowel Preparation: Have to have a colonoscopy every 2 years . MoviPrep tastes bad but it works. Tastes better than others .

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 12, 2014 12:32 AM

Review by ToilettingAllNight (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Got MoviPrep for my colonoscopy. Followed instructions for first dose and felt it an hour after. I set up my station in the toilet and was on the toilet until 3 hours 40 mins after. I still ran to the bathroom for less frequent intermittent water poop urges. From the first dose, I knew I would get zero sleep that night. I only did half of the second dose because if I took the whole dose I would be crapping my pants in the taxi on my way to appointment. I started second dose at 1 am and got no sleep until 5:30am since I kept drinking water. That was a mistake because the more I drank the more I pooped out. I was cursing my doctor for giving me Moviprep but I'm glad this is all over.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 11:03 PM

Review by SemperFiWife02 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Prep for colonoscopy: 1st attempt was in May 2014 and was an epic fail, volume of liquid was too much, gave me horrible heartburn, threw up 75% of the stuff. However, what did get through worked, but 25% not nearly enough for a complete cleaning. Attempt 2. Dr switched to a 2 day prep using MoviPrep. MoviPrep, to me, has a horrible taste. Thankfully the volume is a bit less. I just completed my first 32 oz. (first 16 oz completed in 20 mins, 2nd 16 oz, 90 mins...ugh). Next dose 6pm. Use a Lipton tea bag in prep and it helps to cut bad taste. Heating pad on abdomen helps too. No movement yet 3.5 hrs in.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 3:39 PM

Review by philz-23 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: My 1st colonoscopy at 52. I did a split dose, 1 at 6PM and 1 at 4AM. Follow the advice & suck on a hard candy and use a straw, make sure the MoviPrep is cold-the 1st glass was easy and really didn't taste bad, just like flat salty lemonade. Each dose is harder as the stomach rumbles, at the last glass I was ready for the toilet. Bring a book or a laptop, I sat for at least an hour with a few returns after. The 4 AM prep was harder, making myself drink more while my stomach gurgled and I felt like running to the bathroom. I just finished the 4th glass and moved to the toilet for another hour, then napped w/a couple interruptions. It worked! The colonoscopy itself was the easy part. An unpleasant experience but really not as bad as I feared.

June 26, 2014 3:09 PM

Review by Kat-Ge:

For Gastrointestinal Decontamination: I have taken Moviprep before, the first time for a laparoscopic exam, and I am now taking it again for another laparoscopy to remove endometriosis. The first time, I took Moviprep at the instructed times, first litre at 5pm and second litre at 8-9pm. It was awful! I had to be at the hospital for 6am, and I literally hadn't slept because I was still going the toilet. Thankfully I was still able to have the procedure. This time I took the first litre at 3pm and the second litre at about 6pm, it is nearly 11pm and it hasn't stopped yet, but hopefully I will get more rest than last time. I think it definitely does what it is intended for but the taste is disgusting, it tastes like really salty lemons, much better if you use a straw!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Daveuk8:

For Bowel Preparation: Took 4 hours to work on first litre of Moviprep...was up all night

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 8:34 PM

Review by assmang:

For Bowel Preparation: I was a little nervous at first ,The prep solution mixed and chilled tasted like a really strong lemon Gatorade, not too bad actually. The effect began taking place about 1 hour after first dose just as I was drinking the last of the prep solution 4th portion of 1 liter bottle. Well I'm just starting so here I go again.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Bexley:

For Bowel Preparation: Like many others I was given this preparation for a colonoscopy. The instructions directed me to take 1 x 1 litre mix the previous day, and the second 1 x 1 litre mix on the morning of the examination. The taste was salty but bearable, I added orange squash to improve the flavour of the lemon flavoured mix, I think any addition is guaranteed to improve the flavour as it is bland and salty, refrigerating it also helped to take the edge off the taste. The first 1 x 1 litre started working after approx 25 mins, but it took approx 4.5 hours before I could comfortably / safely without fear of needing a sprint to loo, go to bed to sleep. The second dose started working immediately, approx 5 minutes ..... It certainly does it's job!!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 30, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by DEAmbrose:

For Bowel Preparation: Fasted all yesterday in prep for today's MoviPrep which is needed for tomorrows Colonoscopy. This stuff started working less than 10 mins after finishing first 8 ozs! I hope when I am done drinking all of it that I don't still feel so hungry for a nice juicy steak!

April 16, 2014 4:11 PM

Review by splitty:

For Bowel Preparation: The first taste of the Orange Moviprep hit my lips at 4pm sharp, finished the liter in approx 50 mins... 10 mins later ....."action stations"! Exactly 1 hour to start doing its thing. A few slight cramps, but all in all pretty good. Not looking forward to the next session though.. I feel empty already. Wondering if I really need the second dose. Anyhow, best to be safe, as I really don't want to do this again for another 5 years minimum! 1 liter of salty-sweet-thick-watery stuff. I can do this, especially if washing down with a nice cold beer (or 4) Got to be happy with that.

March 25, 2014 4:17 AM

Review by barbieblo:

For Bowel Preparation: No cramps, no nausea. Chills and shaking kind of bad. Procedure was easy. DO IT!

February 24, 2014 11:21 PM

Review by Byrdsng:

For Bowel Preparation: Certainly does what it is supposed to do. Read all the previous reviews and I was terrified to take it. Finally gathered up the courage and did Moviprep shooters for happy hour. No cramping. No side effects other than what it is supposed to do. Yes it tastes a little like lemon pledge. It isn't something I would choose to drink for fun but it isn't as bad.

February 4, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by Rach28ael:

For Bowel Preparation: So far the taste is ok. Drank it warm. Not bad, a little salty. Took the whole bottle to finally be able to go. Now just wait and see and start next bottle at 6 pm.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by willow1210:

For Bowel Preparation: 1st Moviprep was lemon flavour split dose night and early morning. Was not looking forward to the morning dose as tasted disgusting. Second bowl cleanse with Moviprep again but orange flavour this time and was a lot more palatable. A lot nicer then lemon flavour, as in UK the NHS sent it through for colonoscopy prep.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2013 1:57 PM

Review by Justfineprepxx:

For Bowel Preparation: Just finished split prep for colonoscopy this morning. Not as bad as I had feared - chilled solution, used straw and chasers, finished with mints. Could not drink final glass (knew I would vomit) but was well cleaned out. Clear your schedule and have good reading material handy and it's not too bad.

November 22, 2013 1:55 PM

Review by MoviPrep (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Pros: Cleans out colon well without pain, cramping. Cons: Cost, taste Best colonoscopy prep I've ever taken. The taste isn't great but then what prep is? Follow the tips others have posted and drinking the Moviprep will be easier. I'd use this again.

November 13, 2013 1:32 PM

Review by colonoscopy patient:

For Bowel Preparation: Prepare prep in advance adding 1/2 packet lemon crystal light and refrigerate. When time comes to drink, pour into a cup with ice and drink with through a straw. Never had any stomach cramps and actually only went to bathroom a couple of times the night before. The next morning drank the second liter in same manner as before. Still no cramps and went to the bathroom frequently until completely purged. I would highly recommend.

November 8, 2013 11:09 AM

Review by Missark (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: This is the 4th colonoscopy I have had. I WILL NEVER PREP WITH MOVIPREP again. Tastes like moldy salt water with a twist of moldy lime. I literally gagged trying to get this down and yes I used a straw. It is expensive! If you have an early morning appointment, you are up 1 a.m. (For me) to do Part 2. No prep experience is pleasant, MoviPrep is disgusting.

November 8, 2013 6:34 AM

Review by Rocky NY (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: Worst Prep ever!! Terrible chemical, heavy lemon taste. Took the two litres and water as directed. IT DID NOT WORK.. I have used other preps that worked great. Don't waist you time with this one. Went for colonoscopy, and had to be abandoned, moviprep had failed to work and my colon was full of faeces. All that preperation for nothing, i even went on a liquid diet prior and it still failed. Also REAL BAD SIDE EFFECTS. EXTREME PAIN FOR DAYS AFTERWARD AND STOMACH GURLING. Now got to do all over again with different prep.

October 26, 2013 9:36 AM

Review by Janesandy:

For Bowel Preparation: This prep works. But getting it down is awful. A bitter, bitter taste comes after each swallow. My pharmacist told me that there are less expensive preps that work just as well. I paid $70. Colonoscopy went fine (10-15-13) and I was relieved it was over.....but now I am experiencing loss of taste for some foods and beverages. Searched online and found evidence of that happening. It has only been 4 days since procedure. I hope time will help to bring back sensory taste.

October 19, 2013 12:11 PM

Review by AnxiousArtie:

For Bowel Preparation: Mixed it with half a packet of lemon-lime Crystal Light and refrigerated it. Didn't find the taste bad at all; consistency a bit weird (like watery maple syrup). No cramping, tiny bit of bloating until it started working. Drank a cup every 10 minutes. Started working 45 minutes after 1st dose (15 minutes after the 4th). Was able to sleep; did need to get up once. Second prep in morning; started working pretty much with the 1st dose. Pretty much ran its course after 2 hours.

October 5, 2013 1:36 PM

Review by Shelynn (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: This was my 2nd colonoscopy, and this time I prescribed MoviPrep. The taste was the worst part, even though I drank through a straw. I would brush my teeth each drink due to the after taste. Aside from the taste, it worked well. It started working in about 35 minutes. I had to do a split dosage, 1/2 the night before, and 1/2 the morning of colonoscopy. I ate a low residue diet the day before and I believed that helped so there was not so much output. I think some people think they should eat a lot the day before, but that just makes the prep last longer.

October 1, 2013 3:08 PM

Review by OKnow:

For Bowel Preparation: Procedure scheduled for 6.30am. Clear liquids only for prior 36 hours, nothing by mouth except for bowel prep after midnight. Started at 6pm as prescribed and took first half of the prep at 15 minute intervals over one hour. The taste is vile, sweet-salty with chemical feel and the consistency thick, almost like vegetable oil. I was able to take it fairly easily, followed by water as prescribed. Four hours later the bowel motions began, Second round began at midnight, had to gag it down but able to finish dose. Results good, clear pale yellow at the end. Severe hunger headache and malaise throughout. 12 hrs after procedure still have rumbling bowels.

September 11, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by courtney2289 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Bowel Preparation: I had to take this for a colonoscopy. Having not been allowed to eat all day for the day before the examination, I was quite apprehensive about putting this strange smelling lemony stuff in my mouth. Needless to say, I found it incredibly hard to drink. It took me around 2 1/2 hours to finish the first litre, starting at 5pm and finishing (eventually) at 7.30pm. It took about an hour for the medicine to work properly, after I was stuck to the sofa with bad stomach cramps. The second litre didn't go down well at all. I was very bloated and felt like I was going to vomit, which I didn't want to do, as then it would have all been for nothing. It's 5am now and still half a litre to go. Hoping it will be okay as I'm still stuck to the toilet.

September 10, 2013 12:00 AM