User Reviews for MoviPrep

Learn more about MoviPrep.

Constipation, Chronic 3 reviews 28 medications

9.3
Bowel Preparation 111 reviews 114 medications

7.5
Gastrointestinal Decontamination 2 reviews 44 medications

Summary of MoviPrep reviews 116 reviews 6.9

Reviews for MoviPrep

For Bowel Preparation "Took first dosage at 6:15pm - NOTHING happened but cramps!!! It's 2:54am and I finished my second dosage and STILL nothing is happening. I'm beyond bloated! Procedure is at 7am. !!!"

Shitdoesnthappen February 6, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "So I'm a 19 year old student trying to discretely do this in a bathroom I share with two others without them finding out I'm having a colonoscopy. Yikes, there's going to be some pretending I'm having a 'long shower'. The first litre isn't horrendous, although I was staring down my last glass for a while before I could stomach it. It doesn't taste horrific, salty and lemony but there's just something about it. I did the first glass in about three gulps, the rest I had to split into a few separate bits. I recommend gulping until you physically can't and then chasing it immediately. Regarding its effectiveness, we will have to see."

UkStudent (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "While Moviprep is okay at clearing the colon for a colonoscopy, there are two major problems with it. First is cost. This prescription medication costs between $80 and $90 WITH insurance, which is outrageous and confiscatory given the ingredients. Second is drinking this vile liquid. It tastes so grotesquely bad, it is nearly impossible to choke down, and you have to drink two liters of it. I wish physicians would prescribe one of less-expensive, more-palatable alternatives."

OceanDreamer (taken for less than 1 month) January 20, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 29 and this is my second time in less than two months having to take moviprep. They couldn't complete the colonoscopy the first time around. Everyone has different side effects but for me it makes me so sick. I have to get a colonoscopy every two years and this terrifies me. I'm very petite and my stomach just doesn't hold out to 2L of it. I took the first batch at 5pm and took me 2hrs. 2nd batch not so easy. Started at 9pm and it's now 10.30pm and I can't stop vomiting. I've drunk half of the 2nd batch and my bowel is clear so I'm hoping that will be enough for my colonoscopy tomorrow. The no eating and sitting on toilet doesn't bother me at all, I wish there was something less nauseating!"

Lynsxo January 4, 2016

For Bowel Preparation "I started a clean diet a day in a half prior to the procedure. I then made the solution and refrigerated it that morning. I sucked on a lemon slice and then drank the stuff for 4 times every 15 minutes. When finished it took about an additional hour and 15 to start. No problems, worked fine. The trick clear liquids a day and a half prior. Happy squatting to all, and use flushable wipes and end with toilet paper to dry."

Sal Stavia December 22, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I've been constipated for so long and was booked for a colonoscopy to check the reason for this. This Moviprep is fantastic. When I saw my insides on the screen I was amazed at how clean I was inside. Amazing. And the constipation completely cleared. I feel a ton lighter and my tummy has gone right down. I am actually considering using this stuff once a month just to keep my digestion working well and to prevent further constipation issues. Oh and colonoscopy was clear so still no idea why the constipation???? I would definitely recommend Moviprep. Oh but I have had a bit of a headache all day and I felt absolutely freezing after I had finished the liquid. Well worth it though."

DEBATNO4 December 10, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "The first batch was awful! After reading this blog/reviews, for batch #2, I mixed a pkg of crystal lite into each cup and then I sliced a lemon and bit into a slice before drinking thru a straw at the very back of my throat, and then biting the lemon again. This really worked much better. I am almost done."

Mellycat (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Well taking this for colonoscopy prep was fearing the worse but has been a breeze no pain slight nausea and slight headache started working within 45mins deducted a star as I took my last lot at 6.45 and it now half 11 and still going the toilet I want sleep lol. But does the job and don't be put off by the horror stories it's easy just chill on the toilet with a good book or phone. If anything I was actually bored sitting on the toilet so much more then anything and wet wipes and vasoline is a must x"

lauren19 November 8, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Easy put this product in perspective if you've had lots of colonoscopies. Get every 1-2 yrs since young adult. I have issues w the 1s that contain vast amounts of liquid; not yummy either & I have more nausea bc too much liquid too fast. This product, by far the best I used, also prefer to OTC method. Smell is lemon, like lemon cleaning products. Don't sit smelling before, just drink it. It tastes of salty lemon Gatorade, so don't use lemon Gatorade as your extra liquid. W this stuff I had less cramps, 1 of the easiest to take, & cleaned me out great. Side note makes process easier & cleaner, stop eating seeded food (&nuts) another 24 hrs before diet starts, anything w seeds including berries & certain veggies (carbs & protein are good)."

Best I've used, by far. November 2, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Didn't find it as bad as people say. Not exactly pleasant but it was fine. Very expensive and took 4.5 hours for it to start to work. Working now though. Prep I used for last colonoscopy was just as effective and much cheaper though. Hope this will have done its job fully in time for my early morning appointment. It's 10pm now."

Dandilion October 7, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I am getting a colonoscopy tomorrow to verify I have crohns. The moviprep reviews scared me to the point where I almost canceled my test. But for my health I sucked it up and completed it. It was great! I mixed it with lemon Gatorade and orange Gatorade and it actually tasted pretty good and was easy to take. I'm terrified of vomiting and I gag easily but this Prep didn't bother me at all!!!"

Crohniegirlpa October 6, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I was just finishing my last glass of part one wondering how long til I'm hitting the bathroom.So I googled my inquiry and this review site popped up. I must have read several reviews, belching away the bloatingness and I read how the reviewers' stomach rumbled,and so mine began- I started after 7 pm,chugged first three down pretty timely, just trying to avoid feeling nauseous, I can deal with bubble guts but not vomit. Last one went kinda slow, but I finished and a few sips of Gatorade and I'm on the way. Not bad-this stuff is going to do the trick! The taste isn't that bad, just a salty version of lemon Gatorade. Not thick at all. If you have sensitive buds, it may be harder to finish, but take your time,keep cold and u r good 2 go- literally!"

Melissa Lyn (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 26 and preparing for my first colonoscopy looking to confirm why I have so many problems with my 'tummy'. Moviprep starting working within 45 mins for me. It tastes vile and was really hard to get down. However, other than being confined to the bathroom I'm doing ok. For someone who's used to spending a lot of time in the bathroom this is actually a bit of a breeze. Yes you feel a bit weak, but it isn't the same as when you have a stomach bug. Be prepared to drink something that tastes awful though. If you pretend it's a drinking game it's tolerable."

ToiletTrained October 5, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "having colonoscopy tomorrow. So started moviprep 3pm. I mixed it in advance early this morning so it's really cold also drinking through a straw . If your not good with dyrolight kind of meds then this is best bet I'm not good with the salty taste! So I cut a lemon into wedges bite a wedge keep juice in mouth and drink as much as u can from glass then have another bite lemon and repeat til glass is gone . Followed by something nice like lemonade"

Colitis 123 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I have my first colonoscopy tomorrow and I have been given moviprep. Couldn't eat all day which is the worst bit! Had my first dose at 5pm things started moving 1 hour 30 mins after. Started the second dose at 8pm which I am still trying to get down now (11pm) as it is just making me gag! However it is doing what it is meant to do so fingers crossed tomorrow goes well! I have just been drinking it with orange squash which helps a little. Suffered from some bloating, tummy rumbles and cramps but it was nothing I hadn't delt with before."

Button23 September 24, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Had a colonoscopy yesterday and the consultant was very impressed by how well this had worked on me! I found it tolerable to take. The first few mouthfuls are a struggle and I could not work out if it was because of the lemon smell or the taste so I tried drinking the next glass holding my nose - IMO it is definitely the salty taste that makes it hard to get down. Best advice is to drink it as fast as possible so it doesn't register so much on your tastebuds. Once it is down the lemon smell after-note is not so bad! Things really start to move quickly and dry toilet paper stings after a while. Use some sort of cream to alleviate it. It dehydrates too so drink water because a catheter vein (anaesthetic) is harder to find when dehydrated!"

Art of Travel September 18, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "have had many colonoscopies. moviprep doesn't work well enough on me, previous 4 litre stuff worked very well. Repeating scope 8 months later. Moviprep AGAIN, doctor suggesting 2 extra days of liquid diet...blech!"

Mr. 40yrsofmildcolitis (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Prepping for a colonoisipy tomorrow morning. First batch down. Actually taste like Murphys Oil Soap. Been an hour and fifteen minutes so far... Haven't been to the loo as of yet. Okay wait a minute... Better go now. Yea the river is flowing. No cramps though. This stuff is no joke. I hope this isn't too graphic. I just hope that the colonoisipy is as easy."

Liquid Butt September 7, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 19 years old and this is my second time doing this. first time i had the lemon but the orange tastes a bit better. i'm now into my morning dose but I just can't hold it in anymore. I gag after every sip starting to feel dizzy again, my cheek is cramping up and can't even take the smell anymore... if they ever start producing this in pill form I'll be the happiest man alive."

gijs (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "This is not the nightmare many are making it out to be. No cramps or nausea. Tastes like a lime drink with a bit thicker texture. It is a bit salty, but that's to help you not get dehydrated when the show starts. Fast-acting and extremely effective. I may just make this a routine patio drink."

Anonyprep (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "i am in the UK and taking this for a colonoscopy at 1.30 pm today. Took the first litre at 6.30 pm yesterday and it worked really quickly. I don't send a straw to drink and drank it all in half an hour. Up at 6 am today for the 2nd lot which is harder to drink - maybe because I really want a cup of ta and a biscuit!! Just starting my last glass now and having to intersperse with plain water but it really isn't that bad. Don't believe all the horror stories."

TrevorAnd bobby July 29, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Preps are not hard to do or scary. Not my first prep. I find just drinking it quickly was the best way followed by a swig of Gatorade or ginger ale to kill any salty after taste. To protect from getting sore from wiping so may times I use a little hemorrhoid cream down there and it works great protecting me from all that dry toilet paper. (Just make sure you use the cream BEFORE you get sore down there!) Patting with TP instead of wiping also helps if you would get sore. Good luck!"

defe July 27, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I'm 24 and had to take the prep for a colonoscopy. I was able to fairly easy get the first half down with no problem- but really struggled with the second half of the bottle. By the second bottle I was only able to get a few sips down before I threw it up (not a very pleasurable experience). I didn't have any stomach cramping and the prep worked well in clearing out my bowles. As someone else mentioned I did have some chills after taking the prep. Luckily, I was still able to have the procedure done even after only drinking half the recommended dosage. Not a fun experience but it was overall effective! Good luck!"

Nicole104 July 13, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "Not bad at all. I really worked myself up with worry over taking a new prep for my 2 colonoscopy. The taste was not wonderful (I gag very easily) but I was able to finish the product. I ate very light for two days before my 'prep day' which I believe really helped the clean out process go much faster. Started my first dose at 6 pm and I was on and off the potty until about 9:30 or so. Second dose started earlier about 6:00 am the day of procedure and I finished at about 11:30. My appt was schedule if 1:30 but I was told to arrive an he earlier. Had no cramping or any side affects during the preparation time. By far this was the easiest preparation for my colonoscopy."

Nancy Holz July 1, 2015

For Bowel Preparation "I never review meds, but felt I had to this time. SO many scary and daunting reviews online for this medicine had me absolutely dreading my Colonoscopy prep. Honestly, this prep was totally a breeze. I chilled it first, used a straw, and bit a wedge of lemon before each dose. NO problems getting it ALL down within less than ten minutes for each liter (Split dose regimen). I have a narrowed esophagus and sometimes have a hard time drinking that much even when it's something I really enjoy--so I was surprised that my worst fears didn't come true. My advice is to "just do it". My exam went great, and now onto the victory meal!"

Maida June 29, 2015