User Reviews for Livalo

5.9
Summary of Livalo reviews 20 reviews 5.9

Reviews for Livalo

Review by KCJan: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: Cardiologist put me on this because I had muscle cramping and pain on Crestor and other statins. Took very low dose once a week. Tolerated it well for about 2 months than started having muscle cramping in my leg so severe that I was completely unable to sleep. Have not had cholesterol levels checked, but I will have to stop taking this.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2014 6:32 AM
Review by Hyeoctane: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I've been on Livalo for 9 mos increasing the dose from 2 mg to 4 mg every other day with no side effects then due to poor LDL test (140) my MD switched me to 4 mg every day after 45 days I now have extreme diarrhea, stomach pain overall weakness and feel like I'm depressed And in a fog, sexual desire has waned as well - I'm stopping the meds. I'm 55 yrs old I work out 4 x a week lift weights etc triglycerides have always been low (55) and HDL (76) high without meds, only LDL was 170.

February 7, 2014 11:35 PM
Review by Anonymous55:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I'm sure Livalo works for some people but after the first pill I had to stop. I felt like I had severe flu symptoms. My head pounded all night, my neck was sore and stiff, I felt disoriented like my head was full of cotton and had a mild panic attack. Couldn't go to work the next day. It's too bad because I know it does good for some but the side effects hit me hard. I'll have to stick to diet and exercise.

October 17, 2013 9:56 PM
Review by jmoore211: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: Been on Livalo for two months now and it did not change my cholesterol levels. Still at 285/212. No symptoms or side effects. Just does not work for me.

September 18, 2013 8:51 PM
Review by Chargenut: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I am 50 and had 2 heart attacks and 2 strokes. I cannot take any statins because of leg cramps. I have been on Livalo for 18 months my cholesterol is 183 from 329 I love it. It took the place of 4 different medicines that caused a mal-absorption problem. I go through patient assistance program but was told Lilly care doesn't carry it any more.

July 9, 2013 5:16 PM
Review by Bassetbuddies (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I have been on Livalo for 4 months. About 4 weeks ago starting having pain in fingers of my left hand. 2 weeks ago pain in back of leg from above the knee to the foot. Pain is persisting and hinders my sleep. I have had problems with my muscles while on Lipitor and Crestor.

June 26, 2013 11:40 PM
Review by laughinglin (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: Livalo did bring my numbers down very well in about 6 weeks. However I am now off it with my doctor's blessing as I cannot take the side effects of terrible shoulder pain as well as hands, neck, back, knees & the worsening of neuropathy in the feet and a dull ache in the head. Experienced increased thirst, feeling of having a fever (though not). My memory was not as sharp. I have experienced this on Lipitor, Crestor, Vitoryn, Pravastatin & now Livalo. My doctor said he does not want me in pain & said there are people who have high numbers but still do fine. Have been off Livalo for about a week & see symptoms improving. I am tired of living on "Statin Island", so once again I have moved on. Am trying plant sterols, pectin, fiber, oats.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 21, 2013 3:32 PM
Review by berloubla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I have been taking livalo for 4 weeks and started having mild aching in upper extremities but then had severe pain in my left thumb and palm pad and weakness in my arms and wrists. I also was chilly all the time so I think I had a temp. I also began having frequent urination. I immediately stopped taking it. My symptoms are much less painful. I have not been able to take statins before.

March 13, 2013 11:37 AM
Review by Q10 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I was surprised at the amount of negative reviews versus good reviews for Livalo and other statins. I am a 45 year old male. 205 LDL 280 total cholesterol. I have been on it just about 1 month. First 2 weeks did have some mild muscle soreness on back of legs but heard that CoQ10 helped and it seemed to go away after taking that and I also take Vitamin D. I work out a lot and lift weights and would feel a little more fatigue than normal when working out. I noticed if I take creatinine prior to working out I feel as good as before taking the medicine. So all in all I feel pretty, pretty good. The two supplements I am taking seem to work for a lot of the side effects people talk about. I will go back for testing in 2 weeks.

March 10, 2013 9:44 PM
Review by FEG (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I have been on many Statins over the last 20 years, I am a 61 year old woman. I have been taking Livalo for about a year, as I had horrible muscle aches and thought had the flu on other statins. The muscle aches and weakness are back. My doctor insists because of my high cholesterol and triglycerides I must take SOMETHING but I can't take the muscle pain. I am stopping, and calling the doctor.

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 4, 2013 12:19 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I'm sensitive to statin drugs. Have tolerated Livalo well for about 6 mos. then started having extreme weakness in my legs, confusion, forgetfulness, and my hair is falling out. Also dark urine but only in the morning (I take my Livalo at bedtime). Don't know if I can contribute all the side effects to the Livalo since I also take other medicines. I'm taking the maximum dose. At last check my HDL was 85 and my LDL was 115.

October 26, 2012 6:20 PM
Review by MerryMiss (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I have extremely high Triglyceride, and very high cholesterol. LDL could not be calculated due to very high Trig levels, HDL very low. After I had been on Livalo, a medicine for high Trig, it brought my Trig level down so that LDL was calculated 199, Cholesterol 365, still low HDL. I have tried several brands of statins that made me very sick. Since I was prescribed Livalo, I am happy to report that I don't have the side effects the other statins caused. I am hopeful for my next lab draw, after hearing about the positive reports you have posted on this site.

May 26, 2012 1:18 PM

Livalo (pitavastatin): Livalo worked well, but after about a year, the same old muscle aches that the other statins have caused came on with a vengeance. All my muscles ached horribly. Two days after I stopped taking the medicine, most of the pain has gone

February 21, 2012 1:17 PM
Review by BARBQ: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: My 81 yr old father took 2 pills of Livalo. He stopped it because he was in pain right away. He still complains of pain and it has been at least a year since taking it. He is off all statins because he reacts to them.

December 17, 2011 5:29 PM

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I have been taking Livalo for 6 months. Changed from Crestor due to leg cramps. My recent blood work was the best I have ever had, however I was recently diagnosed with stage 3 chronic kidney disease. Never had any problems before, also extreme hair loss. I attribute both to Livalo.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 23, 2011 11:05 PM
Review by JOEjoe989: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: Have high cholesterol and triglycerides. I am also a diabetic and I have borderline high blood pressure. My doctor put me on Livalo because he said that because of all the medicine I am on, an advantage of Livalo is how it is metabolized. It does not use the liver much. That makes me happy. I am tolerating it well and my LDL went from 225 to 110 in 90 days. I will take that.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 28, 2011 8:37 PM
Review by SueBee Spun Honey: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I have taken statins for the past 20 years, having to change regularly because of side effects of muscular pains. Triglycerides were high also. HDL low. LDL high. Cholesterol level 4 months ago was 325. Started taking Livalo for the first time. BLood work 3 months later - Cholesterol 197, Triglycerides the lowest I have ever, ever had. HDL high. LDL low. Never had these kinds of results before. Very happy. I have had muscle cramps in hands, feet and legs at times. Thought it might be due to low potassium or magnesium. Blood work proved to be normal range for both. Perhaps it is the Livalo.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 1, 2011 3:51 AM

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: My doctor prescribed Livalo after I developed a resistance to Crestor which I had taken for many years. I took 2mg per day for about 20 weeks but have had to stop because of the diarrhea and stomach distress. Also, I have experienced an extreme loss of hair which I can only attribute to the Livalo. This is not listed as a side effect but I don't have any other explanation.

120 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 30, 2011 6:56 PM
Review by Bonnie blue: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: I could not tolerate Lipitor. My Doctor switched me to Livalo, I have had no side effects. I have not gone back for a blood check of my cholesterol yet but am pleased by the lack of any side effect thus far.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 27, 2011 12:07 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: My doctor started me on 2mg Livalo about seven weeks ago. No side effects of any kind. I don't take any other medication. Price is an issue but I have coupons from my doctor. For now I will stick to Livalo.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 24, 2011 12:34 AM
Review by lewhoo62: User Rating:

Livalo (pitavastatin) for High Cholesterol: The reason the doctor changed me to Livalo is because I was having side effects from the medication I was on. I have had no side effects from Livalo. The only problem I have with it is the cost. Very expensive.

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 21, 2010 6:50 PM