User Reviews for Actos

Learn more about Actos.

Diabetes, Type 2 29 reviews 118 medications

5.5
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease 0 reviews 7 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Actos reviews 29 reviews 5.5

Reviews for Actos

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Actos 15mg Metformin 850 mg works for me for almost 3 months now. Before I have fbs of 185 and 225 after meal. Now, almost everyday I prick, I got around 90 and 100 before and after meal. Better take these meds before breakfast."

J0hn_Lloyd (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "When I was initially diagnosed, my Dr. put me on Metformin, which just ripped my stomach to bits. He prescribed Actos in October, and I had really good luck with it until around Christmastime - I started having HORRIBLE sinus problems and nosebleeds. We dropped to a 15 mg dose, but still no change with the sinus issues. I went off it all together and all the symptoms disappeared. It was never our long term plan to keep me on Actos because of the cardiac implications, but it did the job we needed it to do; I went from fasting 400-504 BG readings down to fasting readings of 110-115."

Rose C. January 14, 2015

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I am 66 years old and have been on Actos for over five years, taking 45mg. Lately I have experienced shortness of breath swelling of ankles and feet, weight gain, anemia and fatique. My primary physician ordered an echo-cardiogram and a lung function test and they both indicated my heart and lungs were fine. Dr. attributed the issues to my taking Actos and immediately took me off the medication. He replaced it with Tradjenta (5mg) and asked me to monitor my blood sugar levels three times a day during the transition. I have been off Actos for 24 hours and feel better already. I know that sounds impossible but I believe it may have been the cause of my recent health issues."

Tbeckley548 July 3, 2013

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Used to get hallucinations at times in the night after using pioglitazone. Scary side effect. My doctor changed me over to a different combination."

vin1z November 16, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Actos 15mg for about a month now, no ill effects like I feared. I keep watch for edema and so far nothing. My insurance would not cover the Januvia I used to be on- and for me Actos works better. My numbers are normal now (90-140) and they were high normal on the Januvia. I would recommend this medicine to people who cannot afford the DDP-4 (Januvia class) drugs."

Anonymous October 29, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Actos has worked well for me for 10 years and now comes FDA with another cancer scare. Anything can induce cancer and the scientific data on Actos causing cancer does not have that much credibility with me."

Anonymous October 24, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Causes edema. I lost 30lbs in less than 3 months after going off Actos."

Anonymous May 5, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Took 30 mg Actos for 8 or so months was very happy with it at first. It did lower my numbers but...I had so many bad side effects. Weight gain, chronic fatigue, swelling, urgent need to urinate, watery eyes, and pain. I could barley get up my steps. I stopped taking this medicine myself and I feel as if I have been raised from the dead. "

epiphany4z January 25, 2011

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I've been taking 30 mg of Actos per day for 3 years. In that time I have gained 55 lbs and I have had problems with my feet, ankles and lower legs swelling. I would have stopped taking this medication a long time ago but I was blaming the water retention and weight gain on menopause. Now that I stopped taking Actos I lost 4 lbs in 2 days."

nosugar4me October 16, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My blood sugar level with Actos is higher then without taking it."

Lepricon September 25, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Experienced many side effects, blood sugar was higher than before I was placed on Actos. My doctor took me off of it immediately. After she did, I felt great."

Anonymous September 22, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My doctor put me on Actos 6 months ago. I noticed swelling of legs and feet. The joints in my arms are aching daily. I also had a 23 pound weight gain and noticed headaches. But it has brought my sugar levels back under control. I didn't know about the particular side effects. I am going to talk to my doctor about them and see if I can get a replacement."

Nikitagirl June 17, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Have been on Actos for almost a year, gained 24 pounds and have swelling in hands and feet and are retaining a lot of water in my thighs. My sugar levels are good. My doctor lowered my dosage from 30 mg to 15 mg but refused to take me off. Will get a second opinion because the side effects are too much."

Anonymous June 9, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Changing diet and exercise before starting Actos got my levels at a certain level at certain times during the day. Added Actos, my numbers didn't change, doctor still has me on it for some unknown reason."

evilmommy February 2, 2010

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I was on Actos for nine months. At first it controlled my blood sugar well, but then I started to have blood sugar lows in the 40s, gained 28 pounds eating 1200 calories a day, swelling of feet and lower legs, and finally short term memory loss. Got a second opinion on the drug. Stopped it and all symptoms ceased within one week. I have lost 12 of the 28 pounds. I have lost 50 before this drug. I am now on glipizide and metformin. My blood sugar is a little higher but I feel so much better. I took a difficult college class and got an A, so I know my brain is functioning better. "

CWA September 15, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I been taken Actos 30mg since a year from now and my sugar lever went down but not enough, then my doctor changed it to 45mg. Is great for my sugar level but my legs, feet and ankle can not handle it ss too much swelling."

nicamar September 13, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking Actos 45mg for 1 month and have not experienced any side effects. It works well for me."

Anonymous September 7, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Been using Actos 15 mg with Metformin (2x1000) for several years now. Most of the side effects listed have not been a factor for me. I do have some swelling of the lower legs and ankles, but that was pre-existing. I have not noticed any difference since I have been on this medication."

Anonymous June 4, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "My Doctor started me on 30 mg when I was diagnosed 13 months ago. I jog, hike, and lift weights and was experiencing lows quite frequently so my doctor and I decided to reduce my dosage to 15 mg. The lower dosage works great for me. My lows are more predictable and are not as frequent. Off setting the lows temporarily is easily accomplished with food or juice. I have not experienced any swelling, nor any side effects that I am aware of other than the occasional lows (80s). I think this is due to the low dosage, regular exercise, my diuretics for high blood pressure and watching what I eat carefully. I am very satisfied thus far with Actos."

bjrouse May 5, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "It is a very effective drug when used correctly for suitable patients."

dr.endo May 3, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I had never had any medicines that controlled my blood sugar levels like ACTOS. I am so happy to stay in my 100 realm."

ZOINKS May 2, 2009

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I took Actos 45 mg for about 2 years an had swelling in my legs and muscle pain as side effects. Actos did bring my HbA1C down to 5.9 so it was great for blood sugar control but the side effects just got to be to much to handle. I tried switching to glucophage during that time but could not tolerate it due to stomach problems. My doctor is now switching me to glipizide and we'll see how that goes."

dhannebohn December 31, 2008

For Diabetes, Type 2 " I used this drug for about 8 months and lost 3 teeth at rear of mouth, due to tooth decay. Then found out that tooth decay is a side effect in some people. Stopped taking it about 2 years ago and no more tooth problems."

D ANDERSON (GA) November 21, 2008

For Diabetes, Type 2 "Causes too many lows"

arc1 October 31, 2008

For Diabetes, Type 2 "I have been taking this drug for one month and I feel so much better and my sugar is in control. I noticed that my digestive problems mostly disappeared when I started taking this drug. My IBS is much better. The swelling and bloating in my abdomen has reduced greatly. So far I have not had any noticeable side effects. I take 15mg daily."

pickle2353 August 18, 2008