User Reviews for Qsymia

Weight Loss 123 reviews 27 medications

7.1
Summary of Qsymia reviews 221 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Qsymia

For Weight Loss "I started taking Qsymia in the end of November. It's now nearing the end of May and I've lost just shy of 40 lbs. I've been watching my diet and also incorporating moderate amounts of exercise. I have hypothyroidism and was unable to lose weight using any other method alone. This medication has been a life saver! I no longer have to take blood pressure meds and will likely be stepping down the dosage of my thyroid meds soon due to lower body weight. I still want to lose another 30-40 lbs. to be at a healthy weight. My rate of weight loss has been steady...not too slow but not too rapid, either. I can't say enough about it."

Becky R. May 25, 2015

For Weight Loss "This medication so far has been working quite well for me. I just finished my first 2 week dose today and I am down 16 pounds. The first week felt like I was starving with the diet the nutritionist had put me on , but into the second week that faded away and I was satisfied with my smaller portions. I had less interest in food and felt fuller faster. Tomorrow I will begin the the next dose up of the medication and I am looking forward to seeing how much weigh loss is in store for me. I was told by the doctor today that the medicine is designed to help you lose 5 percent of your total weight loss. So my next visit with her she expects another 10 pounds which will put me at 26 pounds in 6 weeks that is more than what she originally expected"

OR Chick May 21, 2015

For Obesity "I have been using Qsymia for a little over 3 months. I have lost 50 pounds. I'm 30, have 1 child and couldn't lose weight no matter how long I stayed in the gym. There is no magic pill that works for weight loss without DIET AND EXERCISE! You need to do these things to see these type of results! I will say in the beginning my side effects were awful I always felt tired but I pushed passed that and it went away. I have since gone off my blood pressure medicine as well. I would recommend following closely with your doctor if you are on BP meds though because my blood pressure dropped so quick I was fainting. Not from Qsymia but from getting healthy so fast."

Kroles May 21, 2015

For Obesity "Started taking the starter dose on April 27, 2015, then went up to the regular dose on May 11th, 3 days ago. Didn't lose much the first week then, wow, started dropping the pounds. It has been about 17 days and I'm down 14 pounds from 264.5 to 250.5 this morning, but most of that has been in the past two weeks. A little tingling in the feet but that is about it. Carefully monitoring my resting heart rate with a digital reader and it has gone down, not up. Not hungry AT ALL. This stuff is the miracle I have been waiting for. I didn't think something like this was possible."

Loving It (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Weight Loss "I have been on Qsymia for 2 weeks and my weight is exactly the same. I am a 50 yr old woman in menopause. I have also been on a high protein diet and walking 10,000 steps a day. I don't know if I should spend the money for the next step or not since I have seen no results thus far. The only difference I can tell is that soda tastes flat."

GrannyW May 11, 2015

For Weight Loss "First two week in the lowest those, great! Four pounds in a week no sides effect. Ten days in the 7.5 dosage and have lost 12 pounds, no interest in food. Very dry mouth (use Biotene or something similar). I hope to continue loosing weight until reaching my goal! Side effects are tolerable."

Desperate for loosing weight! (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

For Weight Loss "Started Qsymia 2 weeks ago today..love it..down 9lbs just on the 2 week free trial. I have no taste at all for sodas ( and I would drink at least 4 can drinks a day) my food intake has decrease in half. I don't feel hungry. My energy has increased. Only side effect is insomnia- hoping that will wear down in a few days. My cost with coupon $114 and insurance will not help pay but well worth the cost! Would recommend to anyone to try at least for free for 2 week free trial. Love it!!"

happyinnc (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

For Weight Loss "My experience with Qysmia has been okay. Thankfully, no side effects except sometimes tingling in my hands and feet. I started at 225 in November 2014 and now six months later, I am 204. I thought I would have lost a lot more faster like everyone else but I haven't. My appetite is definitely less than it used to be but I do still treat myself to chocolate. Gave up potato chips and french fries!! Although, I'm not exercising as much as I should. My BMI went from 38 to 35. I think it's good to take it off slowly anyway. 3/4 lb. to 1 lb. a week is fine for me. My goal is 140. It may take me over a year to get there, but slow and steady wins the race!!"

Anne87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Obesity "I started on Qsymia 4/26/2015, at my yearly checkup. I am a 55 yr old female, and am post menopausal, and have hit a road block when it comes to losing weight. My Dr. said I am in wonderful health and was not concerned with my 5'9'' 264lb body. At my request, she told me about Qsymia and suggested that I try it for an added boost , since I do exercise and eat healthy already but was not seeing results like I should be seeing. She prescribed the low 2 week starter dose. I have only been taking for 5 days but already have seen success. 5lbs. lost, with no side affects. Only thing was 1 day when I did not eat enough and I went for my 30 min walk, I about passed out, weak legs, dizzy, and fast heart rate due to not eating. Will make sure to eat."

Janice Van April 30, 2015

For Obesity "i was extremely excited about qsymia 3.5 for 14 days.. Lost 5.5 lbs. however..it took 3 months took get my dr. Nurse to do her job & get me qualified.. To move to the next dose of 7.5mg. & it is awful even though it's been only 6 days I am sleeping a lot,, eating less, but also found out I am type 2 diabetic therefore I need to be a wake to fix my meal,,, I am going to wait 2 more weeks for Ned's to get in my system, I am getting the face tremble so I know it's going to work, my daughter has lost 60 lbs, in 3 months. & her sleeping & tingling effects has passed, "COME ON QSYMIA summer is on the way""

Solodeuce April 30, 2015

For Weight Loss "I started Qsymia on Saturday, April 25th. I felt fine the first couple days but the last two days I've got a weird feeling in my head and I feel a bit full, like I've eaten too much but I haven't, leg cramps, slight tingling in my feet and itching in my hands (none of which are pleasant). It doesn't make me not want eat entirely but it definitely helps me make better choices. I've had a touch of insomnia and some weird dreams and the weird feeling in my head kind of makes me want to give up but I hopped on the scale before I started typing this and I've also lost 4 lbs so far (I'm 41 years old, 5'4" and started at 206) I'm going to call my doc tomorrow to be on the safe side. It appears to work but I'm not sure I can continue on like this."

blanonymous12 April 28, 2015

For Obesity "I have been on Qsymia for 13 days and down 14 pounds. Great results!"

PurplePrncess (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2015

For Obesity "I am 5'10 and when I started taking this medication I was at 240 after the first 45 days I was down 16 pounds and it has been a nice steady slow 6 to 10 pounds at each weigh in. I am now down to 180 and I feel GREAT. Worth every penny, and my only side effect's were dry mouth and I did have to go on a potassium supplement because I was getting leg craps. With the weight loss that this medication has helped with I was able to get off of some other medication for high blood pressure."

Like it (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2015

For Weight Loss "I realize I'm only in this for 3 days now but, oh gosh, the first day I took the medicine I ate an entire Mexican feast, the second day, did a little better only ate one meal, the third day, I'm sitting here eating a little debbie oatmeal pie. I pray the next level after the 2 week trial, is more effective. I refuse to pay 223 dollars for something that may or may not work."

carrie v April 26, 2015

For Obesity "I have only been on Qsymia for 4 days but I have lost 5 pounds. I am very short and after menopause I fluffed out I mean really. I have exercised and dieted for over a year with only loosing 10 pounds I really researched this before taking because I already have tachycardia however my doctor recommended due to high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I felt foolish first couple of days not so bad now. Have had insomnia hope that goes away soon. Hope to have continued weight loss. Will keep updated. No increased heart rate as of yet."

Tink2424 April 24, 2015

For Obesity "Only side effects is dry mouth for me, but I drink lots of water and use Act for dry mouth. I started February 2015 the first 2 weeks lost 10lbs, currently down 26 total."

vic1014 April 23, 2015

For Weight Loss "I started taking the medication five months ago at a starting weight of about 325 and have lost a little over 70 pounds since then. Only significant side effects have been dry mouth and increased thirst which I count as beneficial because they have caused me to significantly increase my water intake. Weight loss was very rapid at first (probably water weight) and then leveled off to 2-3.5 pounds per week. Qsymia definitely helps control hunger, but it does not eliminate your ability to eat a lot if you chose to. It just gives you the choice. So you have to do your part by making diet changes (limiting portion sizes, eliminating sodas, limiting sweets and fast foods, etc.) and exercising to the extent you are able to get results."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

For Weight Loss "At 220 pounds and 5' 0" I was out of control with my eating. My BMI was 43. I had to do something. I tried every over the counter diet pill there was. Finally my Dr prescribed Qsymia. I have been on it since August 2014 and have lost 89 pounds. My goal is to lose a total of 110 pounds. Dry mouth and constipation are the worst side effects, but I can deal with those. I have gone from a size 22 pants to a size 12....bust size has gone from 40DD to 36C. I now know how to eat and what not to eat to keep the weight off. I will continue on Qsymia until August. 21 more pounds to go to reach my goal of 110!"

Nana1960 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 17, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Weight Loss "I have been using the product for 2 1/2 months I weighed 267 and now I weigh 242 losing a total of 25 lbs so far. This product helped to lower my blood pressure and give me a boost. Some side affects were insomnia the first week but that went away and dry mouth. My doctor advised me reduce my calorie intake to 1200 ( don't stay consistently below or your hair will fall out) and exercise 5 days a week ... I hope to lose at least 67lbs total"

Anonymous April 16, 2015

For Obesity "I have been ten days in the medication and lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I am not hungry at all, but feel an overall weakness in the legs and arms all day long! Not sure if I would be able to continue much longer with it!"

FatGina April 11, 2015

For Obesity "This is a miracle drug. I've been on Qsymia a year now. I went from 189 down to 152. I'm a fairly active 60 yr. old female but I don't diet or exercise. I don't have time. I know, I know, I Don't wanna hear it, it's just the way it is. I've had no side effects. With my coupon and insurance I've paid $50.00 a month. I can tell you I was eating well above that :(. I love this med. With summer coming I anticipating losing probably another 10 pounds."

Doxgal (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2015

For Weight Loss "49 YO Male. Starting weight 280 lbs on Jan 6 2015. Current weight 244 on April 6 2015. Goal weight = 170. Weight loss = 36 lbs in 3 months. Experience - entirely positive and successful. Have not been under 250 in 9 years, despite diet and exercise with many periods of not trying. First two weeks on half dose were most intense for side effects - dry mouth, light-headedness, unusual thoughts and dreams. All passed quickly when I normalized on standard 7.5 mg doze after 2 weeks. What has remained is a decreased appetite, no more unconscious or binge eating, and ability to just eat the foods I want to eat - healthy green veg and protein. Exercise 6 days/week. Friends will notice the difference at 30 lbs so hang in there."

qwispy (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2015

For Obesity "Started the low dose for 10 days and now on the higher dose for 4 days now. Starting weight was 386 I'm 5'7 female and 54 yrs old, so now it's been 14 days and I weighed in at 372 this pill works you just have to focus and not eat. Staying with low carb foods. Salads, egg white omelettes, strawberries. I am hypothyroidism but still can't use that as an excuse. I ate because I enjoyed food. Now I must eat smaller portions and really cut back. This pill has taken the edge off. The only side effect is I've been thirsty. I drink plenty of water so it's been controlled. My doctor wanted me down 20 - 30 pounds in 3 months. I hope to do that in 2 months. Just stay focus. Study the course and you can succeed."

Southern Bella April 4, 2015

For Obesity "I started Qsymia 3/26/15. I was over 30% BMI, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I have a long drive to and from work and work very long hours, leaving little to no time for exercise. I have Crohn's Disease and was nervous about taking a diet medication. My doctor suggested this medicine to help me lose weight and hopefully eliminate my other issues (blood pressure & cholesterol) simultaneously to reduce my risk for heart disease. I have not had any adverse side effects other than dry mouth, which is tolerable and encourages water consumption. I will weigh in tomorrow and post my results weekly. I am very hopeful."

GastonGirl April 1, 2015

For Obesity "I started taking Qsymia in Feb 2015. I weighed in at 260lbs 5'6. I saw no results during the 2 week trial. After 3 weeks on 7.5 dose I lost 10lbs. I experience dry mouth which promotes me to drink a lot of water. I walk at 3 times a week. I am on my 2nd 30 day supply. I weigh in again Monday 4/6/15."

Anonymous April 1, 2015