User Reviews for Qsymia

6.8
Summary of Qsymia reviews 179 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Qsymia

Review by amira.:

For Obesity: I've been taking Qsymia for the 14 days free trial and I haven't lost not even one pound even though I exercise for 30mins every day 5 days a week and drinking lots of water I have been having those side effects like dry mouth tingling on my fingers but I've also felt very tired. I don't know if I should try the higher dose for a month or just change to Belviq.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2015 5:47 PM

Review by Dee6459:

For Weight Loss: I am losing quite a bit of weight 65 pounds, but I do not want to lose my hair in the process of it. It is really falling out and I don't know what to do. I went to a dermatologist and after a few treatments and a biopsy she told me there was nothing she could do.

January 10, 2015 12:56 AM

Review by WeightLlossExpert (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I tried this med and I cant say I had a good experience. I guess it did suppress appetite but it also made me feel really down and tired. I wasn't even able to work out when I was on this med. I took it for 3 days and could not tolerate it any longer. My doctor switched me to Belviq and I love it its wonderful.

December 23, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by ckhallmark2000 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: Well I took my first pill this morning 12/13/2014 from the 2 week free trial package. Will keep you posted. Am supposed to eat a vegetarian diet and walk 45 minutes to an hour 5 to 6 days a week. No alcohol (I don't drink so no problem there) but not sure how difficult the vegetarian diet will be. No meat at all including fish.

December 13, 2014 8:57 AM

Review by f.tatum:

For Weight Loss: My weight in April was 279lbs I've have lost 85 pounds so far. Still losing weight about 2 pounds a week, this weight loss is done without any exercise whatsoever thanks to taking Qysmia.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 8:14 AM

Review by Girlonamisson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I started on the lower dose on 11/4/14. My starting weight was 301. 2 weeks later I went up a dose. On 12/4/14 my weight was 261 and I am still on the 7.5mg dosage. My doctor was so shocked when she saw me. She said the average person loses 1-2lbs a week and I've managed to lose about 10lbs a week. I also told her I cut out carbs and sugars. I no longer look at food as if I have to have it. I now look at food as a necessary nutrient my body needs to live. It is the best decision I've ever made.

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 8:59 PM

Review by sturek (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: This medication changed my life! It gave me my life back. Lost 67lbs in 5months. It made the food I was eating taste like it was "crap, disgusting, processed garbage" I was a fast food Pepsi addict (case of Pepsi a day). After my first dose I have never been able to drink a Pepsi again! I craved fresh foods vegetables grass fed beef. Partnered with real kickboxing the weight came off so fast and I've been off the Qsymia for 2 months and NO weight gain just more loss. I still have no desire to eat the garbage I did before. My brother is having the same success as I have had on Qsymia. Some people say its the cost of the medication they can't do it.

November 22, 2014 4:01 PM

Review by missbee:

For Weight Loss: I started taking Qsymia one year ago in October and I have lost a total of 80 lbs. (29 lbs. to goal). I'm a 28 year old female, 5'6 with a starting weight of 269 lbs. I suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome so weight loss has been a difficult journey for me and my doctor and I decided to try this medication. I have to say that I am thrilled with the results. This allows me to stick to a strict 1500 calorie a day meal plan (set by my doctor for my specific needs). I also workout for 30-45 minutes a day for 4 to 5 days a week. I add that, to say that you do have to put in some work in order to get the best benefits from this medicine. I haven't experienced any negative side effects. I see my doctor for monthly weigh-ins and vital checks just to make sure.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 4:28 AM

Review by KD32 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I've been on it for 11 days so far and I've lost 22lbs. I started out at 301lbs and now I'm 279lbs. That's just with the free starter dose. I completely cut out carbs, sweets and soda. I went for a weigh in today and my doctor almost didn't recognize me. Most people lose an average of 5-7lbs their first 2 weeks but my 2 weeks isn't up until Monday. I haven't exercised at all due to my 10-15 hour work days. I told my doctor I think I lost it this fast because I have no desire to eat. All I do is drink water. I try and force myself to eat but all I get in is a few bites of a protein bar all day. I have severe dry mouth. I'm going to try the next strength up next week and see how that goes. My goal is 199lbs.

November 14, 2014 11:35 PM

Review by Sweets64 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: Medication did not work at all. Taking 2 pills caused irrational behaviour, but no suppression of appetite.

November 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Flint, MI (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: To make a long story short. I was exalted with this weight loss journey on my own. After being fed up and knowing that I was in the season of Fall with Thanksgiving 3 weeks away, I needed a solution. Therefore, I took it upon myself on 11/04/14 at my appointment with my Endocrinologist to request a pharmaceutical pill that would aide my weight loss and BMI of 40. He gave me two options and I went with Qsymia. Thank God it was a free two week trial! Four days later, I can say I am 10 lbs lighter. Ladies and gentlemen, please do understand results may vary.

November 7, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Lakegirlfromfl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Lost 20 lbs in three months side effects were tingling feet, insomnia , irritability and metallic taste of soda. Side effects were worth the weight loss that I was unable to lose otherwise . I am mid sixties and thirty lbs overweight . My doctor gave me another three month prescription and I hope to reach my goal. I have more energy and am exercising for the first time in 15 years. It is expensive, but worth it.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 7, 2014 10:11 PM

Review by Tired Momma (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I began taking Qsymia about 3 weeks ago and I am down a little over 10lbs already which is awesome! I am 5'5'' and weighed 184 when I began taking it. Had my 3rd child about a year ago, and needed some help losing the weight this time. Diet soda definitely tastes flat and gross now, and I used to love it. I have also noticed that I seem to space out, and forget things a lot more than I used to. I do work full time and have an infant that doesn't sleep well to take care of, but I (and my husband) definitely notice a change since I've been on it. I also get the dry mouth, but usually only notice it in the mornings when I wake up since I make sure to drink plenty of fluids during the day. Really not hungry at all - love it!!

November 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Review by Pigmom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I am 62 years old and I have been taking Qsymia for 2 months and have lost 22 pounds. Qsymia does require me to drink alot of water and has controlled alot of my "sugar" eating. I was a Diet Dr. Pepper addict and cannot stand the taste of one now. Water has totally replaced all diet drinks. I was very hesitant to start this medication for fear of side effects, but have not had any issues other than dry mouth. Because of some orthopedic issues, I am not able to participate in physical exercise--my weight is still dropping. I have also seen a definite drop in my blood pressure with this medication; therefore, requiring changes in my blood pressure medication. I hope to continue on this medication for two or three more months.

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 31, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Libra_ladee81:

For Weight Loss: I was prescribed Qsymia back in January but did not start taking it until 3/23/14 starting weight 292 I am now down to 228. I have never felt better my A1C was 6.6 in January in July it was 5.6 hoping when I go on November to be completely rid of this diabetes nonsense. I feel fantastic. I had minor side effects tingly toes and dry mouth but that went away after the first week. Hoping my doctor will keep me on until my goal weight of 180/190. Since she said I could be on it for a year. I only pay 10 dollars for 30 pills which is great but with my old insurance it was 80 that is why I took so long to start it.

October 15, 2014 8:31 PM

Review by Just starting (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: Just wanted to let everyone know that many insurance companies are starting to cover qsymia (if you have insurance)with prior authorization from your physician. My copay is only $15

137 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 6:11 PM

Review by Happygrandmother:

For Obesity: 59 yr old female 5'6 195lbs. Been taking Qsymia for 10 weeks down 26 lbs. Feel fantastic! Minimal side effects. Kicked a long standing diet coke habit due to the metallic taste. Making healthy choices and very satisfying to work at weight loss and see progress. This has been a wonderful experience!

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by LeslyeRanG:

For Obesity: The MIRACLE pill! I can't thank my doctor enough. I've tried every diet you can think of. Could never lose weight, I've always been obese. I started taking Qsymia on September 30/14 and lost 5lbs already. I feel with lots and lots of energy and my weakness (bread, sweets) gone! I'm not following any diet. Just exercising at least 30 minutes a day. Only side effect dry mouth and tingling in my fingers but I completely love it.

October 2, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by Bagoly (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: I'm done! Qsymia has helped me reach my goal! Started Sept. 2013, 52 yo female with 3 kids, 5'4" weighed 198 lbs. Now I am 145 lbs, look and feel great. With the help of Qsymia I have learned how to control my calorie intake yet still feel full and be able to eat everything I like - just the healthy versions. I hope I will be able to maintain this without taking the medication anymore...We'll see!

September 27, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by YaSiWei:

For Weight Loss: I'm 5'7 and 6 weeks ago I weighed 210 lbs. I started at the low dose for two weeks and lost 8lbs, and at the middle dose I lost 17lbs more. I've had minimal side-effects: toe and finger numbness that lasts for a few minutes and some dry mouth. Certainly nothing that I would consider stopping for. I love this pill. I have no interest in food and am so rarely hungry. It is pricey- please go to their website and get the first two weeks free and $100 off every month after that. It is worth it, I think I'm saving that in food costs.

124 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Review by RLA1956 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Update: Started with the low dose on 7/14/14 for two weeks and moved to the higher does thereafter. Have been on Qsymia since that time and it is now 9/9/14 and I have lost 21 lbs. 57 year old woman, 5' 6". Doing well and want to keep going. Hoping to lose 50 lbs. by the end of the year.

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Texansgirl:

For Weight Loss: UPDATE: 9/09/2014....It's been 8 weeks since I started Qsymia July 13, 2014, I've lost 13 pounds. I started at 241 and now weigh 228! I honestly have to say I have never weighed past 230 since I had my third son who's 13 years old! I'm happy to say the scale does not go up as it would when I've tried everything else! I love Qsymia and hope I can convince my Dr. to continue to prescribe this pill till I reach my goal weight! I am so happy! I will scream when I get to 225 or 220! My goal weight is 175. Just in time for the holidays!! I feel great and lighter! Drinking plenty of water, coconut water and walking! Will continue to keep you all posted.

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by LooMi$ (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Weight Loss: I started taking Qsymia in November 2012. I tipped the beams at 264lbs, by July I was down to 199lbs and had a heart attack! Don't be alarmed, the doctors all said it was nothing to do with the medication. It was a blockage due to all the crap I had ingested over the years. I'm still currently taking Qsymia still at 200 lbs. I'm not exercising like I was and I can eat anything I like in moderation. I feel great, dropped 4 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes. With no side effects after the first couple weeks. So does it work??? YES... But it's expensive!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by sheisfierce83:

For Weight Loss: I have only taken the 14 day supply, two pills left and I have lost a total of 12lbs so far. This is without exercise but I do plan on incorporating this now that the lightheadness is gone. I drink plenty of water with this pill I started this on Aug the 25th so I say they work for me. So imagine when I work out wow.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 8:19 AM

Review by ks1188:

For Obesity: I am absolutely thrilled with the results I have had so far. Been taking Qsymia for 49 days and have lost 20 pounds. I have also been following a 1500 calorie diet and getting moderate exercise 3 to 4 times a week for about 30 minutes each time. I know the medication has assisted me to stay within my daily calorie intake. I did have some side effects in the beginning that dissipated. This included lethargy and difficulty concentrating. STARTED at 238lbs now at 218 just 58 more pounds to go.

September 3, 2014 10:12 PM