User Reviews for Qsymia

6.9
Summary of Qsymia reviews 170 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Qsymia

Review by Sweets64 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: Medication did not work at all. Taking 2 pills caused irrational behaviour, but no suppression of appetite.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Flint, MI (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: To make a long story short. I was exalted with this weight loss journey on my own. After being fed up and knowing that I was in the season of Fall with Thanksgiving 3 weeks away, I needed a solution. Therefore, I took it upon myself on 11/04/14 at my appointment with my Endocrinologist to request a pharmaceutical pill that would aide my weight loss and BMI of 40. He gave me two options and I went with Qsymia. Thank God it was a free two week trial! Four days later, I can say I am 10 lbs lighter. Ladies and gentlemen, please do understand results may vary.

November 7, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Lakegirlfromfl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Lost 20 lbs in three months side effects were tingling feet, insomnia , irritability and metallic taste of soda. Side effects were worth the weight loss that I was unable to lose otherwise . I am mid sixties and thirty lbs overweight . My doctor gave me another three month prescription and I hope to reach my goal. I have more energy and am exercising for the first time in 15 years. It is expensive, but worth it.

November 7, 2014 10:11 PM

Review by Tired Momma (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I began taking Qsymia about 3 weeks ago and I am down a little over 10lbs already which is awesome! I am 5'5'' and weighed 184 when I began taking it. Had my 3rd child about a year ago, and needed some help losing the weight this time. Diet soda definitely tastes flat and gross now, and I used to love it. I have also noticed that I seem to space out, and forget things a lot more than I used to. I do work full time and have an infant that doesn't sleep well to take care of, but I (and my husband) definitely notice a change since I've been on it. I also get the dry mouth, but usually only notice it in the mornings when I wake up since I make sure to drink plenty of fluids during the day. Really not hungry at all - love it!!

November 5, 2014 8:02 AM

Review by Pigmom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I am 62 years old and I have been taking Qsymia for 2 months and have lost 22 pounds. Qsymia does require me to drink alot of water and has controlled alot of my "sugar" eating. I was a Diet Dr. Pepper addict and cannot stand the taste of one now. Water has totally replaced all diet drinks. I was very hesitant to start this medication for fear of side effects, but have not had any issues other than dry mouth. Because of some orthopedic issues, I am not able to participate in physical exercise--my weight is still dropping. I have also seen a definite drop in my blood pressure with this medication; therefore, requiring changes in my blood pressure medication. I hope to continue on this medication for two or three more months.

October 31, 2014 10:14 PM

Review by Libra_ladee81:

For Weight Loss: I was prescribed Qsymia back in January but did not start taking it until 3/23/14 starting weight 292 I am now down to 228. I have never felt better my A1C was 6.6 in January in July it was 5.6 hoping when I go on November to be completely rid of this diabetes nonsense. I feel fantastic. I had minor side effects tingly toes and dry mouth but that went away after the first week. Hoping my doctor will keep me on until my goal weight of 180/190. Since she said I could be on it for a year. I only pay 10 dollars for 30 pills which is great but with my old insurance it was 80 that is why I took so long to start it.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 15, 2014 8:31 PM

Review by Just starting (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: Just wanted to let everyone know that many insurance companies are starting to cover qsymia (if you have insurance)with prior authorization from your physician. My copay is only $15

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 10, 2014 6:11 PM

Review by Happygrandmother:

For Obesity: 59 yr old female 5'6 195lbs. Been taking Qsymia for 10 weeks down 26 lbs. Feel fantastic! Minimal side effects. Kicked a long standing diet coke habit due to the metallic taste. Making healthy choices and very satisfying to work at weight loss and see progress. This has been a wonderful experience!

October 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Review by LeslyeRanG:

For Obesity: The MIRACLE pill! I can't thank my doctor enough. I've tried every diet you can think of. Could never lose weight, I've always been obese. I started taking Qsymia on September 30/14 and lost 5lbs already. I feel with lots and lots of energy and my weakness (bread, sweets) gone! I'm not following any diet. Just exercising at least 30 minutes a day. Only side effect dry mouth and tingling in my fingers but I completely love it.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by Bagoly (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: I'm done! Qsymia has helped me reach my goal! Started Sept. 2013, 52 yo female with 3 kids, 5'4" weighed 198 lbs. Now I am 145 lbs, look and feel great. With the help of Qsymia I have learned how to control my calorie intake yet still feel full and be able to eat everything I like - just the healthy versions. I hope I will be able to maintain this without taking the medication anymore...We'll see!

62 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 27, 2014 11:01 PM

Review by YaSiWei:

For Weight Loss: I'm 5'7 and 6 weeks ago I weighed 210 lbs. I started at the low dose for two weeks and lost 8lbs, and at the middle dose I lost 17lbs more. I've had minimal side-effects: toe and finger numbness that lasts for a few minutes and some dry mouth. Certainly nothing that I would consider stopping for. I love this pill. I have no interest in food and am so rarely hungry. It is pricey- please go to their website and get the first two weeks free and $100 off every month after that. It is worth it, I think I'm saving that in food costs.

98 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 1:46 PM

Review by RLA1956 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Update: Started with the low dose on 7/14/14 for two weeks and moved to the higher does thereafter. Have been on Qsymia since that time and it is now 9/9/14 and I have lost 21 lbs. 57 year old woman, 5' 6". Doing well and want to keep going. Hoping to lose 50 lbs. by the end of the year.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Texansgirl:

For Weight Loss: UPDATE: 9/09/2014....It's been 8 weeks since I started Qsymia July 13, 2014, I've lost 13 pounds. I started at 241 and now weigh 228! I honestly have to say I have never weighed past 230 since I had my third son who's 13 years old! I'm happy to say the scale does not go up as it would when I've tried everything else! I love Qsymia and hope I can convince my Dr. to continue to prescribe this pill till I reach my goal weight! I am so happy! I will scream when I get to 225 or 220! My goal weight is 175. Just in time for the holidays!! I feel great and lighter! Drinking plenty of water, coconut water and walking! Will continue to keep you all posted.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 5:25 PM

Review by LooMi$ (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Weight Loss: I started taking Qsymia in November 2012. I tipped the beams at 264lbs, by July I was down to 199lbs and had a heart attack! Don't be alarmed, the doctors all said it was nothing to do with the medication. It was a blockage due to all the crap I had ingested over the years. I'm still currently taking Qsymia still at 200 lbs. I'm not exercising like I was and I can eat anything I like in moderation. I feel great, dropped 4 pant sizes and 2 shirt sizes. With no side effects after the first couple weeks. So does it work??? YES... But it's expensive!

September 5, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by sheisfierce83:

For Weight Loss: I have only taken the 14 day supply, two pills left and I have lost a total of 12lbs so far. This is without exercise but I do plan on incorporating this now that the lightheadness is gone. I drink plenty of water with this pill I started this on Aug the 25th so I say they work for me. So imagine when I work out wow.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 8:19 AM

Review by ks1188:

For Obesity: I am absolutely thrilled with the results I have had so far. Been taking Qsymia for 49 days and have lost 20 pounds. I have also been following a 1500 calorie diet and getting moderate exercise 3 to 4 times a week for about 30 minutes each time. I know the medication has assisted me to stay within my daily calorie intake. I did have some side effects in the beginning that dissipated. This included lethargy and difficulty concentrating. STARTED at 238lbs now at 218 just 58 more pounds to go.

September 3, 2014 10:12 PM

Review by lovetospin:

For Obesity: This is a miracle. I no longer think about food and have no desire to snack in between meals. I eat only what my body needs. I have lost 13 pounds in six weeks. I lead a very active lifestyle (2-5 hours of cardio a week) and eat fewer than 100 grams of carbs per day. I have tried every diet under the sun, and nothing has worked as well as far as controlling my cravings. Side effects are minimal. I have some tingling in my lips and possibly my hands and feet. Be certain to take this medicine in the morning, or you will be up all night!

August 24, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Nycchik23 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Over the years I have gained a good amount of weight and it seems no matter what diet I tried after 2 weeks I found myself cheating and felt like a failure. I was always in good physical shape but in my 30's that changed. My dr suggested Qsymia to me and put me on it in June. Since then I have successfully lost 29 pounds. I exercise, I eat what I want but the portions are controlled and I only treat myself to a sliver of cake or sweets once a week. I exercise 3 times a week. I have had no side effects except once in awhile a dry mouth. I give Qsymia a thumbs up-- it has given me back my confidence and has allowed me to learn to control my eating.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 10:49 AM

Review by gettingslim (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Weight Loss: Update: Went to the doctor on 08/02/2014, down 32 pound. I really love these pills. Really no side effects. A little numbness in the fingers but go away quickly. Will continue to take until I reach my weight lost goal of 50 pounds.

August 20, 2014 4:14 PM

Review by AmyHS1978:

For Weight Loss: I've been on the medicine for 3 weeks and lost 8 pounds. I would love to continue. However, possible side effects of this medication are depression, mental confusion, suicidal thoughts, etc. I have struggled in the past with depression. This medicine has has ignited a fire in my brain. I am at the point where I seriously think I'm going crazy. I urge you to disclose fully to your doctor if you suffer from chronic depression and urge you to reconsider taking this medicine. I begged my husband to commit me yesterday, that was my mental state. I'm seeing my doctor Monday to figure out a different course of action now.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 16, 2014 6:30 PM

Review by vvnj82 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I have only been using Qsymia for one week but dropped 3.6 lbs so far. It's really working. Usually I drop 3 pounds a month so this is really amazing for me. Not too many side effects but you have to drink water and limit your calories and exercise.

August 15, 2014 2:06 PM

Review by RLA1956 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I am a 57 year old woman, 5' 6" and weighed in @ 234.6 lbs. I started with the lower dose as recommended by my doctor on July 14, 2014 and it is now two-weeks later and I have lost 7 lbs. I have been steadily gaining weight over the past 20 years but in particular the past 7 years. This medication seems to be helping. I will admit that the very first day I questioned whether I could continue taking this because I was so drowsy I could barely function at work. However, each day got better and by the 4th day I did not feel any effects at all. I have now moved onto the stronger dosage. I have also not experienced the constipation that many have complained about here on this commentary. I am hoping for good results as time goes by.

July 28, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by Dch33 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: Started out great on the lowest dosage. I lost 20 pounds in the first 6 weeks. Moved up to the next dosage and did not lose a pound. Still no side effects so they moved me up to the highest dosage. The first 2 days were great and then I thought I was going to die! The chest pains were horrific! I couldn't chance the way I felt and it got me really thinking as to what I was putting in my body! I stopped taking it!

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 15, 2014 10:41 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I'm 28 5'8" Went to the doctor 6/27/14 I was weighing 240 lbs. Doctor prescribed me Qsymia to help me lose weight. I started off on the free 2 weeks supply had to go back to my doctor 7/3/14 for other reason not concerning Qsymia I was weighing 235 lbs. had lost 5 lbs within a week without exercising or dieting, just no drinking drinks (sodas) I drink lemon water or eating sweets I don't have any side effects I feel like myself. My goal is to get back to weighing 155lbs or maybe about 165lbs. I do plan on going forward with Qsymia because of the little result I had within a week. Qsymia is definitely 1 of the BEST diet pills I have tried.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 12:09 PM

Review by mzpooh:

For Weight Loss: I have used Qysmia since January along with a low carb diet, and as of today I have lost 44 pounds. The medicines assist with keeping me from being hungry, and craving foods that I would generally binge on like sweets. I really am pleased with this medication. The only side effects I have incurred are some constipation, which I always had issues with. I use Miralax to aid with that. I only have a few more pounds to lose to reach my goal, but the medicine has really been a help.

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 30, 2014 10:51 PM