User Reviews for Qsymia

Weight Loss 133 reviews 27 medications

7.1
Summary of Qsymia reviews 236 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Qsymia

For Obesity "I am 5 feet 228lbs. Started 5/12/15 as of today 6/30/15. I am 208lb. Still eating what I like but smaller portions. Walking for exercise. Total of 19 pounds so far. Very happy. Only side effect is dry mouth. I just drink water all the time. But my energy level is great"

Busy motehr of 3 teens June 30, 2015

For Weight Loss "Started on 11/14/14, at 227.8 lbs at 5'6" tall - 8 months later I have lost 51 lbs, am now 176.8 lbs. I have gone from a size 16 to a 10-12 depending on the brand. Side effects are dry mouth (solved by drinking a ton of water) and tingling in feet, which I notice more as it becomes time to take the next dose in the morning. Qsymia definitely curbed the snacking, the over eating, etc. Changed the way I eat, increased fresh vegetables, cut carbs (no bread, limited starch, etc.) and stopped eating processed foods. Began to cook dinner more, to control the butter, oil, cooking method rather than relying on the quick fix of takeout. This has made a HUGE difference. Increased activity as well. I can see my curves again. 20 lbs. to go!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 29, 2015

For Weight Loss "Hello to all, I started Qsymia one week ago on the low dose weighing in at 181. I am a 24 year old mother of 2 and I am 5'2. As of today I am 173.2 :D. I am drinking a gallon or more of water a day with a low calorie diet and I have being going to Zumba for the past 5 days. My only side effect has been having a dry mouth but I do not mind as I maintain hydrated. I started my higher dosage today and will keep you guys posted. I am happy I can share my experience with people who understand where I am coming from."

Lizo23 June 26, 2015

For Obesity "Im 64 yrs old. 3rd week at the high does and my lost all my weight in the first 2 weeks of 5 lbs. and have stopped loosing. Very discouraged now because I need to loose at least 50 more lbs. I have been doing more aerobic exercises to help the process along."

Seabreeze I June 26, 2015

For Weight Loss "When I initially starting taking the med I lost 7lbs in 9 days. My hopes were high for this medicine. But then...my milligram number was bumped up and that's when all hell broke loose. I had multiple panic attacks while driving. My memory was shot. I couldn't concentrate or even form a decent thought. Please weigh all options before starting this medication."

Porterhouse June 25, 2015

For Weight Loss "This is an update to my April 2015 start. I am now reviewing under weight loss, because I am truly on my way...In my 2nd week of the 2nd strength and I am down 15lbs. Could not be happier. My clothes are fitting like I remember them. Only side affect which is very mild is tingling in hands and seldom my feet. Doctor is monitoring my BP which was almost under control with only 1/2 a low dose Lisinopril before taking Qysmia. Will most likely be off that soon also. So thrilled to be seeing these results. If you are on the fence about trying this, get to your doctor and see if it could work for you."

Janice Van (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 22, 2015

For Obesity "My doctor was pretty hesitant to try me on this but was quick to mention weight loss surgery. I'm 25, 5'8" with a starting weight of 250 (June 8th). I began the low dose of the trial of June 13th and weighed yesterday at 241.5 (8.5 lbs!). Soda tastes flat and so does alcohol. Huge bonus since soda was my vice. Drinking lots of water due to dry mouth. I have felt a little tired, but it's tolerable. My hands and face feel tingly today. hopefully that passes because that is pretty annoying. I had a slight headache the first two days, but that went away with Aleve. I see my doctor on the 26th for a 30 day fill. Hopefully the weight loss continues. I don't plan on taking for more than a couple months. Will update."

25andOverweight (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2015

For Weight Loss "Took the 2 week trial at the end of May and experienced some side effects. I was severely tired, had some tingling in my hands and feet, dry mouth, and pop tasted really flat (which I guess is a good thing since I no longer wanted it) and some trouble sleeping. I added in some exercise and started a low calorie diet. I lost about 7lbs in those two weeks. I wasn't able to go directly on to the 7.5 dosage because of come complications with my pharmacy. I was off the medication for for about a week & gained my energy back & slept better. I've been back on the medication for 2 days now & have started experiencing the side effects again. Unless my results are drastically great during my 30 day rx, I don't think I can handle the side effects."

JB12345 June 12, 2015

For Obesity "I was put on this medication for obesity by my MD.and had excellent results. Minimal side effects, tingling in my feet and face which did not last long and I lost a ton of weight with little effort, very satisfied."

BREEZIEST (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 10, 2015

For Obesity "I'm 5'9. I started taking this medication 11/14. I weighed 315lbs. I wanted something to help guide me in the right direction. When I started I made a commitment to myself that I would go paleo. Which I did. I also exercise 2-3 times a day. Now 7 months later I've lost 190lbs. I can't tell you how much this medication has helped me save my life. Not once during these 7 months have I had anything sweet. I drink nothing but water. Not to mention stopped taking a pill everyday and take one every few days. My doctor never put me on anything higher than the 7.5mg bc I lost weight so rapidly. I have no desire for anything bad to eat with or without the medication. The only bad thing I can say is that I have a ton of excess skin!!"

Woman on a mission June 9, 2015

For Weight Loss "I tried Qysmia 7.5 dosage for 43 days and lost 12 pounds but the side effect I didn't desire any junk. I didn't take every day as prescribed because of the side effects. Insomnia, dry mouth, tingling in feet, tiredness. The worst side effects has come since I have been off the medicine for 4 days. I have pain in my genital area and constant chills. I now see that these are listed as possible side effects. I think that people should return back to the post to warn of what comes after you withdraw from the medicine. Not worth the 12 pounds weight loss. Everything comes with a price."

despite it all (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2015

For Weight Loss "I have been on qsymia since 12/2015 and it has been 6 months now. I have polysystic ovarian syndrome and have tried pretty much everything to lose weight without success for the last 7 years. My doctor recommended this medication and it has been the only thing to ever help. Even with it I still lost slowly, at a little over 4 lbs a month 25 lb total but it has changed my life. I no longer count every calorie or carb that goes in my mouth or have to work out for 2 hours a day. I eat everything in moderation and don't really think about food. I really loved this medication, until I noticed a lot of hair falling out and starting researching online. I've lost about 1/3 of my hair&now have to stop qsymia only 20lbs from my goal. So be careful!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

For Weight Loss "I'm done with my 14 day free trial and lost 9 lbs. I'll be starting a higher dosage tomorrow. Dry mouth The only "side effects" if you would call it that is dry mouth."

nelly22 (taken for less than 1 month) June 3, 2015

For Weight Loss "I began taking qsymia last year from May2014 - Oct2014 and lost 30lbs. Had to stop taking since I ran out of money on my FSA and couldn't afford it out of pocket. I will say I had major dry mouth which led me to drink lots of water and of course that's great for weight loss. Completely changed my tasted buds, no longer desired sugar foods - cakes, cookies, etc or pop (Diet Pepsi drinker). Side effect: no energy, struggled greatly on my job. I read a post someone recommending taking l-tyrosine 500mg for energy. I did along w/ my daily multi-vitamins, and it made a world of difference!! I did gain my 30lb back being off, but I'm back on qsymia and ready to take it off and more this time and stick with it!!"

Neolex May 29, 2015

For Weight Loss "Starting weight was 173 (5'5), combined Qsymia program with up to 1000 cal per day (no exercise) - recording with my fitness pal app definitely helps!! I lost 18 lbs altogether in 6 months where majority lost in first 3 ms, maintained during rest with pills on/off. One thing I did not like about the medicine (especially at the first couple of months) is the side effects; dry mouth, anxiety attacks (which I never experienced before) & insomnia but it subsided after awhile. Regarding pricing, some insurance companies will allow for pre-authorization if you get your doctor to reason with them it is necessary for you; this way coupon you can pay as low as $35/ month supply. not bad program overall.."

rk2007 May 28, 2015

For Weight Loss "I started taking Qsymia in the end of November. It's now nearing the end of May and I've lost just shy of 40 lbs. I've been watching my diet and also incorporating moderate amounts of exercise. I have hypothyroidism and was unable to lose weight using any other method alone. This medication has been a life saver! I no longer have to take blood pressure meds and will likely be stepping down the dosage of my thyroid meds soon due to lower body weight. I still want to lose another 30-40 lbs. to be at a healthy weight. My rate of weight loss has been steady...not too slow but not too rapid, either. I can't say enough about it."

Becky R. May 25, 2015

For Weight Loss "This medication so far has been working quite well for me. I just finished my first 2 week dose today and I am down 16 pounds. The first week felt like I was starving with the diet the nutritionist had put me on , but into the second week that faded away and I was satisfied with my smaller portions. I had less interest in food and felt fuller faster. Tomorrow I will begin the the next dose up of the medication and I am looking forward to seeing how much weigh loss is in store for me. I was told by the doctor today that the medicine is designed to help you lose 5 percent of your total weight loss. So my next visit with her she expects another 10 pounds which will put me at 26 pounds in 6 weeks that is more than what she originally expected"

OR Chick May 21, 2015

For Obesity "I have been using Qsymia for a little over 3 months. I have lost 50 pounds. I'm 30, have 1 child and couldn't lose weight no matter how long I stayed in the gym. There is no magic pill that works for weight loss without DIET AND EXERCISE! You need to do these things to see these type of results! I will say in the beginning my side effects were awful I always felt tired but I pushed passed that and it went away. I have since gone off my blood pressure medicine as well. I would recommend following closely with your doctor if you are on BP meds though because my blood pressure dropped so quick I was fainting. Not from Qsymia but from getting healthy so fast."

Kroles May 21, 2015

For Obesity "Started taking the starter dose on April 27, 2015, then went up to the regular dose on May 11th, 3 days ago. Didn't lose much the first week then, wow, started dropping the pounds. It has been about 17 days and I'm down 14 pounds from 264.5 to 250.5 this morning, but most of that has been in the past two weeks. A little tingling in the feet but that is about it. Carefully monitoring my resting heart rate with a digital reader and it has gone down, not up. Not hungry AT ALL. This stuff is the miracle I have been waiting for. I didn't think something like this was possible."

Loving It (taken for less than 1 month) May 14, 2015

For Weight Loss "I have been on Qsymia for 2 weeks and my weight is exactly the same. I am a 50 yr old woman in menopause. I have also been on a high protein diet and walking 10,000 steps a day. I don't know if I should spend the money for the next step or not since I have seen no results thus far. The only difference I can tell is that soda tastes flat."

GrannyW May 11, 2015

For Weight Loss "First two week in the lowest those, great! Four pounds in a week no sides effect. Ten days in the 7.5 dosage and have lost 12 pounds, no interest in food. Very dry mouth (use Biotene or something similar). I hope to continue loosing weight until reaching my goal! Side effects are tolerable."

Desperate for loosing weight! (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2015

For Weight Loss "Started Qsymia 2 weeks ago today..love it..down 9lbs just on the 2 week free trial. I have no taste at all for sodas ( and I would drink at least 4 can drinks a day) my food intake has decrease in half. I don't feel hungry. My energy has increased. Only side effect is insomnia- hoping that will wear down in a few days. My cost with coupon $114 and insurance will not help pay but well worth the cost! Would recommend to anyone to try at least for free for 2 week free trial. Love it!!"

happyinnc (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2015

For Weight Loss "My experience with Qysmia has been okay. Thankfully, no side effects except sometimes tingling in my hands and feet. I started at 225 in November 2014 and now six months later, I am 204. I thought I would have lost a lot more faster like everyone else but I haven't. My appetite is definitely less than it used to be but I do still treat myself to chocolate. Gave up potato chips and french fries!! Although, I'm not exercising as much as I should. My BMI went from 38 to 35. I think it's good to take it off slowly anyway. 3/4 lb. to 1 lb. a week is fine for me. My goal is 140. It may take me over a year to get there, but slow and steady wins the race!!"

Anne87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 30, 2015

For Obesity "I started on Qsymia 4/26/2015, at my yearly checkup. I am a 55 yr old female, and am post menopausal, and have hit a road block when it comes to losing weight. My Dr. said I am in wonderful health and was not concerned with my 5'9'' 264lb body. At my request, she told me about Qsymia and suggested that I try it for an added boost , since I do exercise and eat healthy already but was not seeing results like I should be seeing. She prescribed the low 2 week starter dose. I have only been taking for 5 days but already have seen success. 5lbs. lost, with no side affects. Only thing was 1 day when I did not eat enough and I went for my 30 min walk, I about passed out, weak legs, dizzy, and fast heart rate due to not eating. Will make sure to eat."

Janice Van April 30, 2015

For Obesity "i was extremely excited about qsymia 3.5 for 14 days.. Lost 5.5 lbs. however..it took 3 months took get my dr. Nurse to do her job & get me qualified.. To move to the next dose of 7.5mg. & it is awful even though it's been only 6 days I am sleeping a lot,, eating less, but also found out I am type 2 diabetic therefore I need to be a wake to fix my meal,,, I am going to wait 2 more weeks for Ned's to get in my system, I am getting the face tremble so I know it's going to work, my daughter has lost 60 lbs, in 3 months. & her sleeping & tingling effects has passed, "COME ON QSYMIA summer is on the way""

Solodeuce April 30, 2015