Pill Identifier App

Obesity 87 reviews 56 medications

Summary of Qsymia reviews 196 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Qsymia

Review by vic1014:

For Obesity: Only side effects is dry mouth for me, but I drink lots of water and use Act for dry mouth. I started February 2015 the first 2 weeks lost 10lbs, currently down 26 total.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 23, 2015 12:43 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started taking the medication five months ago at a starting weight of about 325 and have lost a little over 70 pounds since then. Only significant side effects have been dry mouth and increased thirst which I count as beneficial because they have caused me to significantly increase my water intake. Weight loss was very rapid at first (probably water weight) and then leveled off to 2-3.5 pounds per week. Qsymia definitely helps control hunger, but it does not eliminate your ability to eat a lot if you chose to. It just gives you the choice. So you have to do your part by making diet changes (limiting portion sizes, eliminating sodas, limiting sweets and fast foods, etc.) and exercising to the extent you are able to get results.

April 17, 2015 12:04 PM

Review by Nana1960 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Weight Loss: At 220 pounds and 5' 0" I was out of control with my eating. My BMI was 43. I had to do something. I tried every over the counter diet pill there was. Finally my Dr prescribed Qsymia. I have been on it since August 2014 and have lost 89 pounds. My goal is to lose a total of 110 pounds. Dry mouth and constipation are the worst side effects, but I can deal with those. I have gone from a size 22 pants to a size 12....bust size has gone from 40DD to 36C. I now know how to eat and what not to eat to keep the weight off. I will continue on Qsymia until August. 21 more pounds to go to reach my goal of 110!

April 17, 2015 6:55 AM

For Weight Loss: I have been using the product for 2 1/2 months I weighed 267 and now I weigh 242 losing a total of 25 lbs so far. This product helped to lower my blood pressure and give me a boost. Some side affects were insomnia the first week but that went away and dry mouth. My doctor advised me reduce my calorie intake to 1200 ( don't stay consistently below or your hair will fall out) and exercise 5 days a week ... I hope to lose at least 67lbs total

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2015 1:48 PM

Review by FatGina:

For Obesity: I have been ten days in the medication and lost 6 pounds in 5 days. I am not hungry at all, but feel an overall weakness in the legs and arms all day long! Not sure if I would be able to continue much longer with it!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2015 12:50 PM

For Obesity: I started taking Qsymia in Feb 2015. I weighed in at 260lbs 5'6. I saw no results during the 2 week trial. After 3 weeks on 7.5 dose I lost 10lbs. I experience dry mouth which promotes me to drink a lot of water. I walk at 3 times a week. I am on my 2nd 30 day supply. I weigh in again Monday 4/6/15.

April 1, 2015 8:18 AM

Review by Ci Tae (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: 5'4 African American Female- Beginning weight: 208lbs Weight after 2 week trial: 197 6 days after increasing dose: 193 No exercise. Side effects: no energy, Dramatic decrease in appetite, insomnia, increased heart rate, increased anxiety, and unusual anger. I'm losing weight, rapidly, but is it worth it?

March 23, 2015 8:21 AM

Review by Joe Brotheim:

For Obesity: Let me start by saying that food has been a central part of my entire life. I'm a 69 yr old male who weighed 309 lbs when I started taking Qysmia in early February. I now weigh 288lbs. I've lost both my interest in eating and cooking. I've finally begun to eat, to live and not live to eat. This medicine may very well save my life.

March 20, 2015 7:50 PM

Review by Coco7777:

For Obesity: I'm a 30 yr old 5'6 fem. I started Qsymia Sep. 2013 weighing in at approx 239lbs and just discontinued taking this medication this past month when I came within 10lbs of my goal weight of 169lbs, honestly my insurance covered $0 of the price of this medication and I was on the 3rd level dose of this prescription and at $200 a month I feel I can maintain and possibly lose the last little bit of weight on my own without the assistance of the medication, keep in mind I am also diagnosed with PCOS and therefore had hyperinsulinemia no matter how much I exercised and ate right nothing was taking the weight off until my Dr.told me we were going to give this medicine a chance and at almost 250 pounds I was willing to try anything. Worth every penny spent.

March 18, 2015 3:22 PM

Review by Leslie003:

For Obesity: Controlling portions, and mostly eating salads, I was only able to lose 6 pounds in 6 weeks. It hit a plateau after that.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2015 8:27 PM

Review by Laiza lee:

For Weight Loss: I started Qsymia on the 24th of February 2015, I'm 5"2 and was weighing 192. I weighed myself Thursday March 5th and lost 10lbs. The only side effect I get is dry mouth so I drink lots of water. I totally cut carbs, sugars, and soda. I'm excited to start the 7.5 mg tomorrow I will keep you posted. I was at borderline for diabetes and sure don't want to be diabetic. I'm total loving this medication.

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 8, 2015 7:06 PM

Review by norskelein (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: I will warn you that if you already have a history of depression and you have a depressive episode while on this medication, it will be 10x worse. Do NOT take that lightly. Have a good support system and tread lightly if you do choose to take this medication with a depressive history. The topiramate part of Qsymia made me have extreme mood shifts, from the first time I took it. I continually noticed short attention span, memory recall and retention issues, and other problems. Very effective for me, regarding appetite control. No cravings, when I used to have many. I did not shed significant poundage, only about 15 pounds in 3 months, but it was enough for me to want to continue on the medication - also, I was not exercising, due to my job

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 12:36 PM

Review by gaurdgoose:

For Obesity: Started Qsymia 4 days ago as part of Supervised weight loss plan It was suggested I only eat one portion of protein and one cup of vegetables per meal I have lost 8 pounds in 4 days I was already in the process of losing weight by adding lots of fiber and vegetables not sure if that contributed to such rapid success 100 pounds to go wish me luck!

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 5, 2015 9:37 AM

Review by BeckyIrons (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I have been using this medication for 1 month and have lost 15 lbs. I have been very fortunate and the only side effect I have experienced is a bit of a dry mouth. That has not been bothersome it has only encouraged me to drink more water. I have continued exercising 4-5 days/week. What has been a real blessing is I have not been obsessed with food and I cannot recall a time when food was a main focus of my thoughts.

128 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2015 4:12 PM

Review by amira.:

For Obesity: I've been taking Qsymia for the 14 days free trial and I haven't lost not even one pound even though I exercise for 30mins every day 5 days a week and drinking lots of water I have been having those side effects like dry mouth tingling on my fingers but I've also felt very tired. I don't know if I should try the higher dose for a month or just change to Belviq.

January 19, 2015 5:47 PM

Review by Dee6459:

For Weight Loss: I am losing quite a bit of weight 65 pounds, but I do not want to lose my hair in the process of it. It is really falling out and I don't know what to do. I went to a dermatologist and after a few treatments and a biopsy she told me there was nothing she could do.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2015 12:56 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started Qysmia in October 2014 with the free two week starter pack lowest dosage and then moved to the next dosage level . It Immeadiately began to work. I did experience dry mouth, a very slight tingle in my fingers and confused thinking for the first month. Those side effects where all temporary and did pass. As for my appetite it has changed considerably. It is under control, I eat what I decide to eat! Im not hungry, not thinking about food & not overeating. I am 53, had not been excercising and have lost 14lbs in 2 1/2 months. However I am starting my excercise program today because I do want the full benefit of both the weight loss and to be in good physical health. My goal is to reach 127lbs by May of this year, good luck to all!!

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 10:35 AM

Review by Kobe's mom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Weight Loss: I started at 199lbs. (Barely at the 30 BMI required to take this medication) After 3 months, I'm down to 175 and still going strong. For my height, I should weigh around 160. I've had problems with weight loss since I hit my 40s plus it's hard for me to workout at times due to arthritis. This medication isn't a cure all but it does help when you are ready for a life change. My insurance does not pay for this yet even with a prior authorization but I'm willing to pay the monthly price.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 1, 2015 9:13 AM

Review by WeightLlossExpert (taken for less than 1 month):

For Obesity: I tried this med and I cant say I had a good experience. I guess it did suppress appetite but it also made me feel really down and tired. I wasn't even able to work out when I was on this med. I took it for 3 days and could not tolerate it any longer. My doctor switched me to Belviq and I love it its wonderful.

December 23, 2014 5:20 PM

Review by ckhallmark2000 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: Well I took my first pill this morning 12/13/2014 from the 2 week free trial package. Will keep you posted. Am supposed to eat a vegetarian diet and walk 45 minutes to an hour 5 to 6 days a week. No alcohol (I don't drink so no problem there) but not sure how difficult the vegetarian diet will be. No meat at all including fish.

December 13, 2014 8:57 AM

Review by f.tatum:

For Weight Loss: My weight in April was 279lbs I've have lost 85 pounds so far. Still losing weight about 2 pounds a week, this weight loss is done without any exercise whatsoever thanks to taking Qysmia.

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 8:14 AM

Review by Girlonamisson (taken for less than 1 month):

For Weight Loss: I started on the lower dose on 11/4/14. My starting weight was 301. 2 weeks later I went up a dose. On 12/4/14 my weight was 261 and I am still on the 7.5mg dosage. My doctor was so shocked when she saw me. She said the average person loses 1-2lbs a week and I've managed to lose about 10lbs a week. I also told her I cut out carbs and sugars. I no longer look at food as if I have to have it. I now look at food as a necessary nutrient my body needs to live. It is the best decision I've ever made.

221 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 8:59 PM

Review by Ginny Tee (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Obesity: Qsymia is not a miracle; however, it does help with weight loss. With the proper life style changes in eating habits and physical activities (while taking Qsymia) pounds and inches begin to shed away. It may not be for everyone, but this is what has worked for me. The 72 pound loss in 5 months makes me a believer. Some of the side effect took me some time to get used to. The first week or two on the medication I had insomnia and tingling in the hands and feet, but it did fade as my body adapted to the medication. The only long lasting side effect that I notice is the metallic taste in my mouth, and lacking the ability to feel carbonation on my tongue. I do not see it as a bad thing since soda is not healthy to begin with.

December 6, 2014 8:26 PM

Review by sturek (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Obesity: This medication changed my life! It gave me my life back. Lost 67lbs in 5months. It made the food I was eating taste like it was "crap, disgusting, processed garbage" I was a fast food Pepsi addict (case of Pepsi a day). After my first dose I have never been able to drink a Pepsi again! I craved fresh foods vegetables grass fed beef. Partnered with real kickboxing the weight came off so fast and I've been off the Qsymia for 2 months and NO weight gain just more loss. I still have no desire to eat the garbage I did before. My brother is having the same success as I have had on Qsymia. Some people say its the cost of the medication they can't do it.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 4:01 PM

Review by missbee:

For Weight Loss: I started taking Qsymia one year ago in October and I have lost a total of 80 lbs. (29 lbs. to goal). I'm a 28 year old female, 5'6 with a starting weight of 269 lbs. I suffer from polycystic ovarian syndrome so weight loss has been a difficult journey for me and my doctor and I decided to try this medication. I have to say that I am thrilled with the results. This allows me to stick to a strict 1500 calorie a day meal plan (set by my doctor for my specific needs). I also workout for 30-45 minutes a day for 4 to 5 days a week. I add that, to say that you do have to put in some work in order to get the best benefits from this medicine. I haven't experienced any negative side effects. I see my doctor for monthly weigh-ins and vital checks just to make sure.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 4:28 AM