User Reviews for Elmiron

Learn more about Elmiron.

Reviews for Elmiron to treat Bladder Infection

Review by UncomfortableOne:

I was on this medication 8 months ago. The first three months were okay, no obvious side effects. After a problem at the pharmacy I didn't have access for 3 weeks and then continued on it for another 3 months and I am having the bad abdominal pain and sweeping yet again. This time it feels like a radiating infection type of pain. Sharp pains in te front where I suspect my bladder is. I am now having this bloody mucus instead of bowel movements, I have also been experiencing hair loss in great amounts during showers. This medication seems to work at first and then begins to wreck havoc in other areas after extended use. I am on a strict IC diet so I know that that is not the contributing factor.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2014 4:30 PM

Review by liduvina:

It gave me an allergic reaction , swelling , hives tight chest and wheezing

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2014 12:17 AM

Review by gougeon:

I was put on Elmiron. I rapidly developed swelling, weight gain and blinding headaches. My Dr. said headaches were seldom from the drug.....he also said the weight gain/swelling were not associated with the medication. I went off the medication for five months, all problems went away. I went back on a trial of it and gained 5.5 lbs in two weeks and had headaches as well as swelling again!

October 24, 2007 1:45 PM