User Reviews for Penicillin

Also known as: A-Cillin, Beepen-VK, Bicillin L-A, Isoject Permapen, Ledercillin VK, PC Pen VK, Pen-V, Pen-Vee K, Penicillin VK, Pfizerpen, Truxcillin VK, V-Cillin K, Veetids

Learn more about Penicillin.

Penicillin review summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 34 medications used in the treatment of Strep Throat.

Reviews for Penicillin to treat Strep Throat

Review by Salvagem:

I had strep throat. I began a 10 day course of penicillin. I began to experience all the major side effects including diarrhea, heart palpitations, low pulse, fatigue, and anxiety just to name a few. Needless to say the strep went away. But next time I get it I'll request another treatment.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 11:53 AM

Review by Chrisabell (taken for less than 1 month):

Penicillin VK (penicillin): Worked fast and had no side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 5, 2013 12:48 AM

Review by dragon3177:

Penicillin VK (penicillin): I started feeling a little bit better on the 2nd day after starting the Penicillin-VK. I had a little bit of loose stools, but I believe that happens with most antibiotics--some much worse than others. I was much better after taking all of the medication--but once you get Strep--you are prone to it. I need to have my tonsils removed--they are enormous and just catching bacteria which causes me to continue to get Strep.

October 29, 2009 2:50 AM