User Reviews for Denavir

Learn more about Denavir.

Cold Sores 17 reviews 32 medications

9.3
Summary of Denavir reviews 17 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Denavir

For Cold Sores "I'm only 16 but I've been getting cold sores since I was about 1 1/2 years old. I used to get them about at least once every two months but now that I'm getting older I get them at least twice a year. I've had so many troubles treating mine with medication and have tried everything!! When i get them I get them EVERYWHERE, I even have intense scar tissue on my chin from previous infections. Usually I let it takes it's natural course as medicines only seem to make it more painful. But my doctor prescribed Denavir and I tried it and at first I was skeptical, I had intense pain at application, but 10 minutes later the swelling was completely gone and had NO pain. I use it more as a pain reliever than anything else honestly."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2015

For Cold Sores "This is the best medicine for cold sores that I have ever tried. If you suffer from them, please, please, please get some. This had made such a difference in my life."

Annie5200691 May 27, 2015

For Cold Sores "I'm recent years...maybe once every 6 months (during times of extreme stress) I will get a cold sore usually on my chin. It would normally take 2 full weeks to heal, was the size of a quarter. I tried everything and my Dr. prescribed me this. It's a miracle...plain in simple. It zaps that cold sore in 3 days and immediately starts healing. You will pay through the nose if you don't have insurance but thank God I do as it's literally $500 for a small tube. My co pay is still $30 but it's worth every cent!"

Jkool30 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2014

For Cold Sores "Great product. I've had cold sores since I was a kid (40+ years). I carry this product with me all the time. Usually get a cold sore two / three times a year but when I do, I'm ready. Real important, the moment you feel the tingle apply the med. Usually heals the sore in 3-4 days, but better than the normal 8-10 days. Earlier comment stated, do not squeeze the tube, that is correct. Even a slight squeeze you will waist alot. I usually store it (tube) in the prescription bottle that it comes in."

Illinois user (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 29, 2013

For Cold Sores "Pain is decreased as well as time of breakout. Best stuff ever but very expensive."

SmileGirlNC (taken for less than 1 month) December 22, 2013

For Cold Sores "May be influenced by sun exposure; a dog kissing you on the lips; a stranger kissing in the mouth; a woman's menstrual cycle. Apply this cream every few hours and at bedtime. It will hasten the healing. Also applying an ice cube helps."

Boss Tweed December 14, 2013

For Cold Sores "I've been getting cold sores for as long as I can remember. Usually triggered by stress, but sometimes for no reason at all. Over the years I've tried EVERYTHING, Zovirax..whatever was the new product on the market. Denavir is the best topical ointment. But like everyone states, you must apply it as soon as possible - for me by the time I feel a slight tingle, it's too late. I was at work this time when I felt my lip tingle and literally ran home to get my Denavir. I suggest you carry the small tube in your wallet as I do now. I keep one at home, at work, and in my wallet - early application makes a huge difference in duration of cold sore. It's expensive - but worth it. One tip so as not to waste it - don't squeeze."

kate194721 July 4, 2013

For Cold Sores "Best cold sore product available. I've been getting cold sores for years and each outbreak usually puts me in hiding for at least a week. Denavir usually keeps it from forming into breakouts and cuts breakout times by 2/3s. Coupons are available on the company's product site to help defray the substantial costs for the medicine. As someone who has suffered breakouts for years, I'd recommend this product at any price. But it's nice to have a coupon to make it more affordable."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2013

For Cold Sores "I've gotten cold sores since childhood 40+ years ago. I've tried many remedies, Denavir is by far the best I've ever used, especially when used at the first sign of an outbreak."

Anonymous December 4, 2012

For Cold Sores "I'm 33 and have had cold sore outbreaks since I was 13 or so. They used to come only once every few years but the last 2-3 years I have had outbreaks every 3-4 months or so. After just dealing with it without medication for most of my life I finally broke down and saw a doctor about it. I was prescribed Denavir about 3 months ago and wish I would have gotten a hold of it a LONG time ago. It works great! The first time I used it I already had a big blister on my lip but it helped it heal so much faster and made it much less noticeable. I just recently started to have another outbreak and put Denavir on it right away. I could still feel the tingle on my lip for several days but as long as I kept Denavir on it the blister never formed!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2012

For Cold Sores "I tend to get really bad cold sores when I get sick, sun burned or chew my lips too much. After battling the flu a big sucker popped up, covering almost half of my entire bottom lip. It came on a Thursday and was completely gone by that Sunday. The only drawback is I still got the cluster of blisters - it's almost as Denavir draws out the virus and kills it fast. Fastest cold sore relief I have ever used!"

Anonymous January 31, 2012

For Cold Sores "This medicine is AMAZING. I woke up with the tingling feeling Wednesday morning by the afternoon it started taking its course. I picked up Denavir from the pharmacy that afternoon and started applying every two hours like it recommends. It has kept the cold sore at an absolute minimum. It hasn't even developed fully and I think it's already on its way out. 3 days! AMAZING! Its super expensive if you don't have insurance but if you do get this."

Anonymous July 29, 2011

For Cold Sores "Best cold sore medication ever. I have tried everything, this stops it from growing right away so they don't last near as long."

Anonymous March 21, 2011

For Cold Sores "I've had cold sores since I was young and this medicine is fantastic! It will stop the cold sore from getting really large and it heals a lot faster. Great product!"

Anonymous July 8, 2010

For Cold Sores "I never seen a medicine work so fast and been so efficient with cold sores."

Coraline June 16, 2009

For Cold Sores "I get cold sores frequently in fall and winter. Denavir is wonderful! When I use it at the first sign, sometimes it doesn't even develop into a cold sore. I always keep this on hand."

Anonymous November 18, 2008

For Cold Sores "My husband used a Denavir sample, attained from our Dermatologist. He did not begin use at onset but when he began Denavir, the 'cold sore' disappeared in half the normal time - no side effects either. We were astounded. Tried to get another sample -they didn't have anymore, but gave my husband an Rx for it. Checked with Pharmacy - the cost for Denavir was exorbitant. It is great stuff."

Anonymous July 9, 2008