User Reviews for Denavir

Learn more about Denavir.

Denavir review summary

9.2/10 Average Rating

Compare all 23 medications used in the treatment of Cold Sores.

Reviews for Denavir to treat Cold Sores

Review by Illinois user (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Great product. I've had cold sores since I was a kid (40+ years). I carry this product with me all the time. Usually get a cold sore two / three times a year but when I do, I'm ready. Real important, the moment you feel the tingle apply the med. Usually heals the sore in 3-4 days, but better than the normal 8-10 days. Earlier comment stated, do not squeeze the tube, that is correct. Even a slight squeeze you will waist alot. I usually store it (tube) in the prescription bottle that it comes in.

December 29, 2013 7:18 AM

Review by SmileGirlNC (taken for less than 1 month):

Pain is decreased as well as time of breakout. Best stuff ever but very expensive.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2013 8:15 PM

Review by Boss Tweed:

May be influenced by sun exposure; a dog kissing you on the lips; a stranger kissing in the mouth; a woman's menstrual cycle. Apply this cream every few hours and at bedtime. It will hasten the healing. Also applying an ice cube helps.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2013 10:42 PM

Review by kate194721:

I've been getting cold sores for as long as I can remember. Usually triggered by stress, but sometimes for no reason at all. Over the years I've tried EVERYTHING, Zovirax..whatever was the new product on the market. Denavir is the best topical ointment. But like everyone states, you must apply it as soon as possible - for me by the time I feel a slight tingle, it's too late. I was at work this time when I felt my lip tingle and literally ran home to get my Denavir. I suggest you carry the small tube in your wallet as I do now. I keep one at home, at work, and in my wallet - early application makes a huge difference in duration of cold sore. It's expensive - but worth it. One tip so as not to waste it - don't squeeze.

July 4, 2013 9:31 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Best cold sore product available. I've been getting cold sores for years and each outbreak usually puts me in hiding for at least a week. Denavir usually keeps it from forming into breakouts and cuts breakout times by 2/3s. Coupons are available on the company's product site to help defray the substantial costs for the medicine. As someone who has suffered breakouts for years, I'd recommend this product at any price. But it's nice to have a coupon to make it more affordable.

March 19, 2013 12:19 AM

I've gotten cold sores since childhood 40+ years ago. I've tried many remedies, Denavir is by far the best I've ever used, especially when used at the first sign of an outbreak.

December 4, 2012 3:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I'm 33 and have had cold sore outbreaks since I was 13 or so. They used to come only once every few years but the last 2-3 years I have had outbreaks every 3-4 months or so. After just dealing with it without medication for most of my life I finally broke down and saw a doctor about it. I was prescribed Denavir about 3 months ago and wish I would have gotten a hold of it a LONG time ago. It works great! The first time I used it I already had a big blister on my lip but it helped it heal so much faster and made it much less noticeable. I just recently started to have another outbreak and put Denavir on it right away. I could still feel the tingle on my lip for several days but as long as I kept Denavir on it the blister never formed!

December 2, 2012 1:22 AM

I tend to get really bad cold sores when I get sick, sun burned or chew my lips too much. After battling the flu a big sucker popped up, covering almost half of my entire bottom lip. It came on a Thursday and was completely gone by that Sunday. The only drawback is I still got the cluster of blisters - it's almost as Denavir draws out the virus and kills it fast. Fastest cold sore relief I have ever used!

January 31, 2012 11:14 AM

This medicine is AMAZING. I woke up with the tingling feeling Wednesday morning by the afternoon it started taking its course. I picked up Denavir from the pharmacy that afternoon and started applying every two hours like it recommends. It has kept the cold sore at an absolute minimum. It hasn't even developed fully and I think it's already on its way out. 3 days! AMAZING! Its super expensive if you don't have insurance but if you do get this.

July 29, 2011 2:07 PM

Best cold sore medication ever. I have tried everything, this stops it from growing right away so they don't last near as long.

March 21, 2011 2:13 PM

I've had cold sores since I was young and this medicine is fantastic! It will stop the cold sore from getting really large and it heals a lot faster. Great product!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2010 3:37 PM

Review by Coraline:

I never seen a medicine work so fast and been so efficient with cold sores.

June 16, 2009 9:29 AM

I get cold sores frequently in fall and winter. Denavir is wonderful! When I use it at the first sign, sometimes it doesn't even develop into a cold sore. I always keep this on hand.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 18, 2008 8:44 PM

My husband used a Denavir sample, attained from our Dermatologist. He did not begin use at onset but when he began Denavir, the 'cold sore' disappeared in half the normal time - no side effects either. We were astounded. Tried to get another sample -they didn't have anymore, but gave my husband an Rx for it. Checked with Pharmacy - the cost for Denavir was exorbitant. It is great stuff.

July 9, 2008 9:41 AM