User Reviews for Somavert

Learn more about Somavert.

Acromegaly 1 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first

Reviews for Somavert

Review by Lenskeeper:

Somavert (pegvisomant) for Acromegaly: I have been on Somavert for 5 months now. I started at 10mg and for the past two months have moved to 15mg to better control my condition. I am also on Sandostation 30LAR which alone has not controlled my condition. I have had 2 surgeries to reduce my pituitary tumor but have a portion remaining that surrounds my optic nerve. I have also had radiation to reduce the remaining tumor. I am very pleased with the results of Somavert. My growth hormone levels have been reduced considerably but are still above normal. I have had few negative side affects. I inject daily into the leg as injections into the stomach area will remain sore for 2-3 days. The positive side effects include reduced growth hormone levels and blood sugars.

November 8, 2008 10:57 AM

Advanced Breast Cancer: Learn about treatments to improve quality of life. Click Here