User Reviews for Pegasys

Learn more about Pegasys.

Pegasys review summary

7.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 15 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Pegasys to treat Hepatitis C

Review by barkeep86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

I was on the Pegasys for 48 weeks. I used the autoinjector and it was easy and painless. In fact after each injection I would look to make sure there was a spot of blood just to make sure I got it because I never felt it. It seems to have worked. I still have to do my 6 month check, but so far so good. Only negative effect was a small open wound that had turned into a very large wound that would not heal. I didn't know which of the 3 medicines from the therapy was to blame but the wound got larger almost overnight and would not heal. The wound care doctor seemed to think interferon was to blame and as soon as I was finished treatment he did a skin graft and got me on the way to healing that.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 25, 2013 9:44 PM
Review by tobywayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

The side effects were over with 6 treatments. It was rough at first but well worth doing the treatments. Had two doctors said treatments might not work but the third doctor was very sure treatments would work. Glad I got the third doctor.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 23, 2012 11:07 PM
Review by Heavywall007: User Rating:

The new form interferon in the pegalated version is very effective in the cases of hepatitis C, genome type 2. I had count of 118 million per sample when I started the treatment of both the Pegasus and Copegus. After 2 months of treatment, I was told I was RNA negative as far that blood tests went. I am in the 6th and final month of treatment, still RNA negative. The truth will be 6 months after treatment, when my doctors will take a more definitive blood test. Overall, this medicine, even though it has some manageable side-effects, is in my opinion worth of the rating I have given it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 18, 2011 12:53 PM
Review by walker3114: User Rating:

I am taking care of my husband while he is on this treatment. Every side effect is showing up. He is on his 4th month and I am considering stopping the medicines altogether.

May 5, 2010 2:02 PM
Review by roni61: User Rating:

This medicine had very rough side affects, but at 12 weeks my viral load was undetectable. Still waiting for the 6 month after treatment test.

December 10, 2009 3:29 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

This medicine is working really great for me. I am only on my 5th injection and the virus is already undetectable in my blood!

August 3, 2009 7:05 PM
Review by SVRatlast: User Rating:

I agree, this medicine is grueling along with the Ribavirin pills that need to be taken but it works. I'm 6 months into treatment and at 12 weeks my viral load was "undetectable".

June 1, 2009 8:28 AM
Review by Liver Drama: User Rating:

This is the hardest drug therapy I've ever been on in my life but the results are a effective and fast. Please complete the entire therapy for amazing recovery results for Hepatitus C.

July 22, 2008 5:43 PM