User Reviews for Pegasys

Learn more about Pegasys.

Pegasys Review Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Hepatitis C.

Reviews for Pegasys to treat Hepatitis C

"I was treated with this twice on it's own and a 3rd time with a 3rd drug added. I have I have Hep C Subtype 1a. None of the treatments helped me, but the side effects were devastating. I became anemic shortly after taking the treatment. I was sick, exhausted and almost glad when the doctor told me that that it wasn't working and they were taking me off it. I'm now on Harvoni. But my girlfriend had Hep C Type 2, it worked for her, but she suffered bad side effects during the treatment"

Bill G April 14, 2015

"I've been on the therapy 4 month now and it does knock you about, but after 2 month, the viral load was undetectable in my blood, hurrah! ! My side effects are manageable, but the reduction of red blood cell count is a bit worrying. I'm doing a blood test every 2wks and at this moment, my Dr has reduced the Ribavirin intake from 5 to 4 tablets per day. All in all I must say, I'm glad this treatment is available and you have a very good chance of being healed. It is very important to keep busy, rest when tired and get up and go again."

BGVB December 4, 2014

"Felt horrible, very depressed, lethargic, tired all the time."

PandaBird (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 27, 2014

"I was on the Pegasys for 48 weeks. I used the autoinjector and it was easy and painless. In fact after each injection I would look to make sure there was a spot of blood just to make sure I got it because I never felt it. It seems to have worked. I still have to do my 6 month check, but so far so good. Only negative effect was a small open wound that had turned into a very large wound that would not heal. I didn't know which of the 3 medicines from the therapy was to blame but the wound got larger almost overnight and would not heal. The wound care doctor seemed to think interferon was to blame and as soon as I was finished treatment he did a skin graft and got me on the way to healing that."

barkeep86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2013

"The side effects were over with 6 treatments. It was rough at first but well worth doing the treatments. Had two doctors said treatments might not work but the third doctor was very sure treatments would work. Glad I got the third doctor."

tobywayne (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 23, 2012

"The new form interferon in the pegalated version is very effective in the cases of hepatitis C, genome type 2. I had count of 118 million per sample when I started the treatment of both the Pegasus and Copegus. After 2 months of treatment, I was told I was RNA negative as far that blood tests went. I am in the 6th and final month of treatment, still RNA negative. The truth will be 6 months after treatment, when my doctors will take a more definitive blood test. Overall, this medicine, even though it has some manageable side-effects, is in my opinion worth of the rating I have given it."

Heavywall007 August 18, 2011

"I am taking care of my husband while he is on this treatment. Every side effect is showing up. He is on his 4th month and I am considering stopping the medicines altogether. "

walker3114 May 5, 2010

"This medicine had very rough side affects, but at 12 weeks my viral load was undetectable. Still waiting for the 6 month after treatment test."

roni61 December 10, 2009

"This medicine is working really great for me. I am only on my 5th injection and the virus is already undetectable in my blood!"

Anonymous August 3, 2009

"I agree, this medicine is grueling along with the Ribavirin pills that need to be taken but it works. I'm 6 months into treatment and at 12 weeks my viral load was "undetectable"."

SVRatlast June 1, 2009

"This is the hardest drug therapy I've ever been on in my life but the results are a effective and fast. Please complete the entire therapy for amazing recovery results for Hepatitus C."

Liver Drama July 22, 2008