User Reviews for Neulasta

Learn more about Neulasta.

Neutropenia Associat...ith Chemotherapy 8 reviews 3 medications

8.5
Summary of Neulasta reviews 8 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Neulasta

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: My wife is on this medication. Before the injection her count was 0.7 and after the injection it went up to 15. She hasn't felt any side effects, she has had 6 injections and is working ok. She has cancer of the appendix it a rare cancer.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2014 5:37 AM

Review by DBJ1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: I've been taking Neupogen for low WBC prior to chemo. After getting several mosquito bites that didn't heal, hemorrhoids, that wouldn't go away and four days of acid diarrhea each cycle, my oncologist decided to try neulasta. My hemorrhoids are less painful and the acid diarrhea I had has seem to have gone away. I have experienced daily aches in my large bones...thighs, hips, sternum and lower spine. Tylenol helps. I won't know my counts till next week.

August 22, 2012 2:10 AM

Review by Carrie Anne:

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: I am taking this in conjuction with AC Chemotherapy for IDC Breast Cancer. I am 40 years old and haven't had much aching that I couldn't take care of with Advil. Not a bad trade-off for good white blood cell numbers.

May 26, 2011 5:45 PM

Review by JLB JR:

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: It is Tuesday 05/10/2011 went to my follow up visit and with the Neulasta my white cell count went up to 24.0(normal range is 4.0 to 10.0) now it is too high and my NE# went way up to 21.4 that is what they use to determine what level your immune system is at. Before the Neulasta my NE# was 0.32 which is very low which puts me at a very high risk of infection. Normal range is 1.4 to 6.5 , so the Neulasta is working very well some might say too well :-). Side Effects were really bad on last Friday and Saturday after that I was okay.

May 10, 2011 12:06 PM

Review by Jolene Rogala:

I had a severe allergic reaction to Nuelasta! Within two hours of the shot my tongue and mouth swelled making speech difficult, I was red puffy hives from my neck down. I was rushed to the ER where I was put on an IV adrenaline and Benadryl and a couple other medicines to control the allergic reaction. I spent the night in the ER room while the doctor on duty said to my husband NEVER in all his years of practice has he ever had to pump that much medication to control an allergic reaction! Nuelasta also contains the E-Coli bacteria, and for over a year my doctors have been unable to get rid of a bladder infection I keep having reoccur! The bladder infection is the E-Coli bacteria, which after treated with antibiotics only returns within weeks.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 21, 2011 1:08 PM

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: The only side effect I have dealt with is an achy jaw the day after the shot. My levels were very low and Neulasta did its job and brought my levels back to normal.

November 24, 2009 12:25 PM

Review by annonymous:

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: I have had two shots of Neulasta. There were no side effects at all after the first. Thus I was not prepared for the extreme tenderness, soreness and achiness from my waist up after the 2nd. Even my face hurt. It lasted 36 to 48 hours then was gone. My white blood count does go up so it is doing it's job. Have to wonder what will happen next time after injection 3.

July 13, 2009 11:29 AM

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: I have had five injections of Neulasta in conjunction with chemo therapy. The only side effect I notice is one that is not listed. About 12 hours after the injection I develop a headache, low grade fever, and very tender glands. This lasts 48 hours and eases away. It does improve my counts.

July 17, 2008 4:50 PM

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy: My white count was 1.3 and the Neulasta injection raised it in one week to 13. Range is 3.5-11. It didn't seem to affect my other counts. I feel bloated. Not sure if it is a side affect. I have a myeloid leukemia called APL. I still don't have any energy.

March 26, 2008 9:23 PM