User Reviews for Neulasta

Learn more about Neulasta.

Neutropenia Associat...ith Chemotherapy 13 reviews 5 medications

7.9
Summary of Neulasta reviews 13 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Neulasta

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I am not sure if Neulasta is working yet. I have only had once so far. Pain on day 2 and 3 were terrible. My jaw even hurt. I did take Tylenol and Aleve but pain was untouchable. I will not take again unless my MD gives me something stronger for the pain."

Kennedi August 26, 2015

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I was given neulester after my chemo treatments as well. I was expecting the worst, because that is what you hear from others. I received 16 treatment of chemo and 16 of neulester and I can truly say that I was blessed with everything. I do recall having a little pain in my legs one day,but it last for appr. Two hours on and off. My count remain where it needed to be,never went down."

Annie p. (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 29, 2015

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I was recently diagnosed with early stage breast cancer. My treatment plan consists of 4 Chemo treatments followed by 4 Neulasta shots. Well, initially I was told about the side effect (bone pain) but was not told that the pain could be reduced or even elimated before it started just by taking 1 Claritin the day of and after the shot. You guys know that this shot stimulates the bone marrow (center of the bone) to produce the white blood cells, right. I experienced the most excruciating and crippling pain in my life from the first shot. To add, I also had a nose bleed. My experience with the second shot was much better. Take the Claritin if you can…."

Anonymous in PA February 17, 2015

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I am 44 female, and I had total of 4 injections. Yes, it really works with keeping the white blood cells count up. Did an awesome job there! But I had such severe bone and joint pain. It was unreal the pain. Always 2 days after getting injection. And pain would last longer with each new injection. But I got Percocet for pain. I would just takes a pill then go to bed. I seriously hate how very bad the pain was! But even being around the little ones I babysit for. Who seemed always sick, I never caught anything. But the pain is insane. Drink lots and lots and lots of water and fluids."

Berda70 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2015

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have had Neulasta shots twice so far, the day after my chemo. My white count is staying in the normal range, so Neulasta is doing it's job! I get headaches, fever stays about 100.5 & I just feel crummy for a few days. My doctor's office recommends Claritin, starting the day of chemo, to avoid the "bone aches" Neulasta frequently causes & I haven't experienced that symptom yet. I take Tylenol to help the fever, but I also have been experiencing very bad insomnia- not sure if that's the chemo or Neulasta, but when you feel crummy, you WANT to sleep. NOTE: My doctor's office forgot about the co-pay discount until after my 2nd shot, so I hope I don't have to pay for that "oops"!"

karma2m December 6, 2014

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "My wife is on this medication. Before the injection her count was 0.7 and after the injection it went up to 15. She hasn't felt any side effects, she has had 6 injections and is working ok. She has cancer of the appendix it a rare cancer."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 30, 2014

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I've been taking Neupogen for low WBC prior to chemo. After getting several mosquito bites that didn't heal, hemorrhoids, that wouldn't go away and four days of acid diarrhea each cycle, my oncologist decided to try neulasta. My hemorrhoids are less painful and the acid diarrhea I had has seem to have gone away. I have experienced daily aches in my large bones...thighs, hips, sternum and lower spine. Tylenol helps. I won't know my counts till next week. "

DBJ1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 22, 2012

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I am taking this in conjuction with AC Chemotherapy for IDC Breast Cancer. I am 40 years old and haven't had much aching that I couldn't take care of with Advil. Not a bad trade-off for good white blood cell numbers."

Carrie Anne May 26, 2011

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "It is Tuesday 05/10/2011 went to my follow up visit and with the Neulasta my white cell count went up to 24.0(normal range is 4.0 to 10.0) now it is too high and my NE# went way up to 21.4 that is what they use to determine what level your immune system is at. Before the Neulasta my NE# was 0.32 which is very low which puts me at a very high risk of infection. Normal range is 1.4 to 6.5 , so the Neulasta is working very well some might say too well :-). Side Effects were really bad on last Friday and Saturday after that I was okay."

JLB JR May 10, 2011

"I had a severe allergic reaction to Nuelasta! Within two hours of the shot my tongue and mouth swelled making speech difficult, I was red puffy hives from my neck down. I was rushed to the ER where I was put on an IV adrenaline and Benadryl and a couple other medicines to control the allergic reaction. I spent the night in the ER room while the doctor on duty said to my husband NEVER in all his years of practice has he ever had to pump that much medication to control an allergic reaction! Nuelasta also contains the E-Coli bacteria, and for over a year my doctors have been unable to get rid of a bladder infection I keep having reoccur! The bladder infection is the E-Coli bacteria, which after treated with antibiotics only returns within weeks."

Jolene Rogala February 21, 2011

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "The only side effect I have dealt with is an achy jaw the day after the shot. My levels were very low and Neulasta did its job and brought my levels back to normal."

Anonymous November 24, 2009

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have had two shots of Neulasta. There were no side effects at all after the first. Thus I was not prepared for the extreme tenderness, soreness and achiness from my waist up after the 2nd. Even my face hurt. It lasted 36 to 48 hours then was gone. My white blood count does go up so it is doing it's job. Have to wonder what will happen next time after injection 3."

annonymous July 13, 2009

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "I have had five injections of Neulasta in conjunction with chemo therapy. The only side effect I notice is one that is not listed. About 12 hours after the injection I develop a headache, low grade fever, and very tender glands. This lasts 48 hours and eases away. It does improve my counts."

Anonymous July 17, 2008

For Neutropenia Associated with Chemotherapy "My white count was 1.3 and the Neulasta injection raised it in one week to 13. Range is 3.5-11. It didn't seem to affect my other counts. I feel bloated. Not sure if it is a side affect. I have a myeloid leukemia called APL. I still don't have any energy."

Anonymous March 26, 2008