User Reviews for Votrient

Learn more about Votrient.

Soft Tissue Sarcoma 14 reviews 5 medications

9.2
Renal Cell Carcinoma 19 reviews 21 medications

8.3
Summary of Votrient reviews 33 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Votrient

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Have been on Votrient about six months. Virtually no side effects except for the white hair. Tumors are stable."

Servidea May 12, 2016

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "my husband has renal cancer . he did partial nephroctomy in his right kidney on 9/2010. many tumors appeared later in small sizes in both kidneys. now he is on votrient 800 mg 35 days ago.. he has high blood pressure treated .. rare weakness and bad taste.. little bit problems in stomach.. pain in leg.. his hair started to b white.. we r looking for positive result . hope this treatment can shrink or remove the total tumors"

Anonymous May 8, 2016

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "After 4 failed chemo regimens, the docs decided to try votrient out. The first week or two were the toughest. The worst side effect was the tumor pain, which was in my chest/back. Also some fatigue, loss of appetite and diarrhea. 3 months later (now), I feel well and there has been some slight shrinkage of my tumors. I'm also back in the gym. White hair kicked in within the first month. I'm a 22 year old covered in white hair lol"

X_Cooley (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2016

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Lost my first kidney 5 years ago two months ago cancer was found in my remaining kidney. It had metastasized to my brain and lungs. Had gamma knife surgery on brain tumor. Started votrient about 1 month ago. Side effects include fatigue and high blood pressure.So far doing well on 800 milligrams. Have lost about 45 pounds I know now I need to eat regular meals in order to keep up my strength. This also helps with the fatigue. So far lab work looks good looking for the best results with votrient"

chadandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Hi everyone , I'm 39 years old guy from sweden, I have soft tissue sarcoma in my stomach wall and it spread to the bones (legs both femural head and sternum and my headscull that was removed) I have started votrient 201508 800mg/day. The first 2 weeks I had a fever and felt really sick, stomach problems pain and diarrhea, it took about 1-2 months before I felt normal with this med, the pain from my bone mets disappeard pretty fast (1month), I have had new scans after 3 months and the results was pretty good, sternum and right leg was nothing left :) the left leg there is only about 30% left. I'm going to have new scans this month so lets see hoping for more good news.... the stomach tumour was the same"

jani76 March 1, 2016

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "My husband has been on Votrient for a year...some gastric issues,foot pain....but overall his tumors are shrinking"

Mrs.CN (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 12, 2016

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "User DKU- you wrote about your mom and I'm so sorry for your loss. My dad is on this medication and I'm so worried for him..he lies to the doctors and says he's fine but he is literally on the couch unable to move every day and now he's barely eating also. Can you contact me magz0905@gmail.com"

Magz0905 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2015

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "My mother went on this wonderful drug and it was bad, it burnt and blistered this inside of her mouth and throat to the point she could not eat solids anymore. She lost all her strength to the point we had to carry her to the bathroom, and finally she lost her life."

dku December 19, 2015

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Hello Group, I just started Votrient 3 days ago, I have no side effects at all. I've felt great the past several days, just like my old self before I was diagnosed with a 11.2 cm tumor in my pelvis that was surgically removed in Feb of 2015. However the leiomyosarcoma mets to my liver, lung and I was told bones. After 6 treatments of Gemszar and taxatere the liver and lung mets spread and grew. I was sent to another hospital for Phase II trial trial drug to build the immune system charging the T-cells to go after the caner, while Dixol chemo attack the cancer. The Dixol could only be used 10 due to possible problems with heart pump. I said no thanks, thats when I asked what else they had so I was put on Votrient."

Tiny Dancer July 18, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "50 Y.O. male, diagnosed Stage IV mRCC on 1 may 2014. Radical nephrectomy of right kidney June 2015. Tumour had invaded surrounding fat, IVC and adheared to bowel. Mets appeared in Jan 2015 (liver). Started 800mg Votrient feb 2015; side effects included, white hair, gastric issues, loss of taste, high BP otherwise felt ok. After 1 Month high liver enzymes forced me to stop. After 4 weeks off, recommenced 400mg of Votrient. Side effects not as severe but similar to 800mg dose. Required a week off Votrient recently due to a bout of pneumonia. Liver Mets have shrunk from 20mm to 7.5 mm since Jan, 400mg seems to be working, lets hope it stays that way."

Deejay65 July 14, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "diagnosed Jan 2, 2015 with renal cell carcinoma. I'm 61 and have been a picture of health my whole life. Right kidney had a tumor and they were going to remove until found 2 leisions on my liver. First med I did not respond to and been on Votrient for 2 weeks. After 1 week they felt I was responding. Side effects are bad with vomiting and diarrhea that it drains me. Hard to eat as food doesn't taste right and now my tongue has a burnt taste so nothing tastes good and have lost a lot of weight in short periods of time. sleep 10 -12 night and 2 hr nap. They say this is all typical for everyone. How long has it taken everyone to finally get back to feeling normal. I use a walker around house and wheelchair for dr"

Arizona gal (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "My husband started Votrient 800mg about a week ago after surgery for a metastatic renal cancer. So far he is doing so well, taking it at night seems to be working. Some mornings he is a little spent but he does stay up late. I am praying for a good result - he has numerous teeny lung lesions and just a teeny area where the L kidney had been. He is 53 and otherwise in very good health."

worried spouse (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I have been taking 800mg of Votrient daily since March, 2012 to treat Renal Cell Carcinoma tumors which developed when the cancer spread from a large tumor on my right kidney. Votrient has been effective in stopping the growth of the tumors and shrinking a few. Side effects experienced: treatable elevated blood pressure and diarrhea."

gentleman jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Began 800mg in May 2014; 10 months into treatment. No new mets at this time. High blood pressure began three weeks into treatment, a good sign in that it demonstrates the drug is working well. Hand foot syndrome, initially intense pain , but now under control. Weight loss due to loss of taste and appetite, a nutritionist can help. White hair. This is considered the least toxic targeted therapy drug for mRCC, do all you can to stay with it. If it is working for the first year you may continue to get excellent results for years to come. This is currently considered the first line therapy for mRCC. Take at night to reduce the stomach discomfort."

anonymous1!# (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2015

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I was diagnosed with 4 baseball sarcoma tumers in my liver July 15 2014. Did 6 weeks of GEMS/Taxol and after the scan showed two more tumors in the liver and four now in my lungs. My doctor put me on Votrent and scanned me once again after six weeks. All the tumors in my lungs have shrunk half their size and one tumer in the liver shrunk half it's size as well and all the others in the liver are dying from the inside out. Praise The LORD !"

R357 February 19, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Unfortunately side effects for me have been horrific! I was on 800mg for 6 weeks. I wound up with nausea, extreme hoarseness, high blood pressure, fatigue with sleeping 18 to 22 hours a day. Took a turn for the worse and liver enzymes were high. Could not eat or drink water for 5 days and lost 30 pounds. I was off the Votrient for a month and just started back on half the dose; 400mg. So far so good one evening of slight nausea. Other than a little more tired it appears to be better."

PApa Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2015

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Wife is on this now for her 4th week (800mg ) she has Soft tissue in Right Lung after mets from uterus. Leiomyosarcoma. (sp) A month ago she was coughing every 2 minutes, now not so much but she is tired has nausea and the headaches. No appetite and when she ate solid food it would always come back up. Now her food consists of 4- 6 smoothies a day. Got a Vitamix after many recommended it on other websites on the internet. You fellow patient who have gone before her and have reported your experiences are the "only" thing that have kept her pressing forward. She has large tumor in chest and it is hope that this will hollow it out or something. Her first Chemo GEMS/Taxol only worked for 3 months . Then it started regrowing"

elwood11 November 17, 2014

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I was diagnosed with stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma 7/16/2013. Tumors in my stomach, liver, and a few affected lymph nodes. Had surgery and removed 40% of my stomach on 8/30/13. Surgery was a success. I Underwent 4 1/2 months of chemo with minimal shrinkage to existing tumors but did stunt the growth of the tumors. At that point my tumors were considered inoperable. Started Votrient 2/14, just found out my tumors have shrunk enough on my liver to be operable. Liver Surgery scheduled 10/14. So happy, praying Votrient is our miracle. Good luck to others with my condition."

Faith8/26 September 26, 2014

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Felt it is time for an update. It's April 26, 2014 and I've been on Votrient since August 2012. So far tumors remain stable and continue to show shrinkage. I'm still taking same dosage, 800mg per day."

Colette DeRosa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2014

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Have been on Votrient now for over three years and am in remission. Side effects have included hand and foot pain (very slight now) and have experienced weight loss (from 180 lbs to around 130 lbs) over the last three years. As of this year, there have been no signs of liver problems but have had minor digestion issues. It appears that Votrient has been successful -unlike my experience with Sutent, Avastin, Xeloda and Affinitor. I had been diagnosed with stage IV renal cell carcinoma-sarcomatoid in 2008, and had the left kidney removed (and spleen due to a fall in the hospital). I have been on Votrient now for the better of three years, am still employed and fully functional. "

ekim-034 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2013

183 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "On Votrient since 2010 after Sutent. Results were good. After six months - no sign of metastasis and have been in remission since 2012. Votient had the effect of high blood pressure which was mitigated by Procardia. As of late, have lost weight and am having some digestive issues."

ekim034 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I am currently battling mesenchymal chondrosarcoma. It originated in my right thigh 2008, had the tumor removed, was cancer free for 3 years then was diagnosed last year with it again, with 5 tumors this time which had spread in my pelvic area, right lung and right armpit (July 2012). I've tried a few chemo therapy treatments and during that time frame, the tumors grew plus one new one appeared. In August 2012 I was placed on Votrient (800 mg), the tumors stopped growing and have been stable ever since. My last scan was June 11, 2013 and all 6 tumors are still holding stable and have shown some shrinkage. The side effects come and go, I am experiencing more muscle pain throughout my body and still some nausea, but that's easily controlled."

Mrs. DeRosa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2013

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I started on Votrient May 4, 2013. I take it at bedtime, which has really helped. I took it for about 24 days back in December, during the day, and side effects were far worse. So far, the side effects are more tolerable than Sutent. I do have high blood pressure and low platelets, but doctor is doing labs weekly. Some days the side effects are worse than others. I went to 800 mg last week and have more fatigue. I pray it works for my lung tumors as I have heard it has for others."

Alli1859 June 5, 2013

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I have started taking Votrient about three weeks ago. One tablet in the morning, one tablet in the afternoon, and one tablet before bedtime. I would be sick during the day (nausea, extreme fatigue, and no appetite.) I told my doctor about my experience and she suggested to take the tablets all at once before going to bed. I have been doing this for a week, and it is not too bad except waking up in the morning feel exhausted. But in the afternoon I would feel fine. I think the medication is working because I always have tumor pain and I will be going to the doctor this week for signs of some shrinkage."

Bella Rock (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2013

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Started taking Votrient 800 mg last year after 23 days had to stop due to high blood pressure and got a fistula. 3 months later started back on at 400 mg. Seems to be doing better and taking 2 blood pressure medications to control it. Normal side effects like the ones I read about in this site. Last CT no major growths of my Sarcomas."

Keyman February 22, 2013