User Reviews for Votrient

Learn more about Votrient.

Soft Tissue Sarcoma 6 reviews 4 medications

9.2
Renal Cell Carcinoma 10 reviews 19 medications

8.5
Summary of Votrient reviews 16 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Votrient

Review by Faith8/26:

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma: I was diagnosed with stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma 7/16/2013. Tumors in my stomach, liver, and a few affected lymph nodes. Had surgery and removed 40% of my stomach on 8/30/13. Surgery was a success. I Underwent 4 1/2 months of chemo with minimal shrinkage to existing tumors but did stunt the growth of the tumors. At that point my tumors were considered inoperable. Started Votrient 2/14, just found out my tumors have shrunk enough on my liver to be operable. Liver Surgery scheduled 10/14. So happy, praying Votrient is our miracle. Good luck to others with my condition.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 26, 2014 5:33 PM

Review by Colette DeRosa (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Felt it is time for an update. It's April 26, 2014 and I've been on Votrient since August 2012. So far tumors remain stable and continue to show shrinkage. I'm still taking same dosage, 800mg per day.

April 27, 2014 2:28 AM

Review by ekim-034 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: Have been on Votrient now for over three years and am in remission. Side effects have included hand and foot pain (very slight now) and have experienced weight loss (from 180 lbs to around 130 lbs) over the last three years. As of this year, there have been no signs of liver problems but have had minor digestion issues. It appears that Votrient has been successful -unlike my experience with Sutent, Avastin, Xeloda and Affinitor. I had been diagnosed with stage IV renal cell carcinoma-sarcomatoid in 2008, and had the left kidney removed (and spleen due to a fall in the hospital). I have been on Votrient now for the better of three years, am still employed and fully functional.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 11:01 AM

Review by ekim034 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: On Votrient since 2010 after Sutent. Results were good. After six months - no sign of metastasis and have been in remission since 2012. Votient had the effect of high blood pressure which was mitigated by Procardia. As of late, have lost weight and am having some digestive issues.

August 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Review by Mrs. DeRosa (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma: I am currently battling mesenchymal chondrosarcoma. It originated in my right thigh 2008, had the tumor removed, was cancer free for 3 years then was diagnosed last year with it again, with 5 tumors this time which had spread in my pelvic area, right lung and right armpit (July 2012). I've tried a few chemo therapy treatments and during that time frame, the tumors grew plus one new one appeared. In August 2012 I was placed on Votrient (800 mg), the tumors stopped growing and have been stable ever since. My last scan was June 11, 2013 and all 6 tumors are still holding stable and have shown some shrinkage. The side effects come and go, I am experiencing more muscle pain throughout my body and still some nausea, but that's easily controlled.

June 24, 2013 11:45 PM

Review by Alli1859:

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: I started on Votrient May 4, 2013. I take it at bedtime, which has really helped. I took it for about 24 days back in December, during the day, and side effects were far worse. So far, the side effects are more tolerable than Sutent. I do have high blood pressure and low platelets, but doctor is doing labs weekly. Some days the side effects are worse than others. I went to 800 mg last week and have more fatigue. I pray it works for my lung tumors as I have heard it has for others.

June 5, 2013 1:59 PM

Review by Bella Rock (taken for less than 1 month):

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma: I have started taking Votrient about three weeks ago. One tablet in the morning, one tablet in the afternoon, and one tablet before bedtime. I would be sick during the day (nausea, extreme fatigue, and no appetite.) I told my doctor about my experience and she suggested to take the tablets all at once before going to bed. I have been doing this for a week, and it is not too bad except waking up in the morning feel exhausted. But in the afternoon I would feel fine. I think the medication is working because I always have tumor pain and I will be going to the doctor this week for signs of some shrinkage.

March 17, 2013 7:21 PM

Review by Keyman:

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma: Started taking Votrient 800 mg last year after 23 days had to stop due to high blood pressure and got a fistula. 3 months later started back on at 400 mg. Seems to be doing better and taking 2 blood pressure medications to control it. Normal side effects like the ones I read about in this site. Last CT no major growths of my Sarcomas.

February 22, 2013 6:08 PM

Review by Connielee6:

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma: I started taking it about 6 weeks ago for sarcoma. The only trouble I have had with it has been some gastro discomfort. But I was taking it first thing in the morning on a totally empty stomach. Now I eat breakfast and take it two hours later. Then eat some yogurt an hour later and so far all the stomach pain is gone. I do have some food allergies and a slight case of irritable bowel syndrome so I was not really surprised when I had the stomach pain. I have a CT 2/13/13 to see if the tumors are continuing to stay shrunk. But I feel fine.

January 24, 2013 11:05 AM

Review by tilton65suddenlink.net:

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: I have been on Votrient since Jan 2010. Started with a right kidney in 1999. In 2009 my family doctor suggested that I have a pulmonary doctor run some CTs to see what he thought. After 8 months of CTs, I had to go and get a biopsy and it proved 2 clear and 2 renal cell carcinoma had appeared between my lungs. I checked a couple of oncologists in town. Been on the medicine since January 2010 and have little significant change. A little diarrhea once in a while and headaches, some dizziness on occasion but no significant change. Feel real good about the treatment. Would recommend it to anyone.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2011 8:55 PM

Review by combtmdic:

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: Just started taking Votrient 09-15-11 for renal cell carcinoma stage4, cyst in my spine and leg, no side effects as of yet. Looking forward to a positive experience and good reports on the medicine. Wish me luck.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2011 7:03 PM

Review by Les from Florida:

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: I have taken Votrient since 9/2010, starting at 800 mg per day, but reducing dosage to 400 mg then 200 mg due to high liver enzyme counts. I started taking Votrient after my kidney was removed due to RCC, in addition I had three tumors in my legs, which is how I found out I had RCC. After taking Votrient and the kidney removal two of the tumors disappeared, one year later and after taking the drug for one year I had the third tumor removed by surgery which was reduced in size by 50%. Today my latest scans are showing no new cancer sites. Side effects have been minimal, diarrhea, and change in taste with higher dosages, plus sexy looking white hair! This medicine has allowed me to continue traveling, and enjoy life without any limits.

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2011 12:27 PM

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: Taking 600mg of Votrient. Taken at night seems to reduce the side effects significantly.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2011 3:48 PM

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: Votrient was effective in shrinking tumors in lungs and inhibiting progression of tumors in spine and brain; but I had to discontinue it due to elevated liver enzymes. This happened with an 800 mg dose and a reduced dose of 400 mg. Side effects experienced early in treatment included elevated blood pressure (treated) and fatigue (tolerable).

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2011 7:46 PM

Review by rcbridge:

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: Very effective. Have lost a lot of weight, but side effects not as extreme as Sutent for me. Started taking 9/20/10 still on it 2/11.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2011 5:20 PM

Review by BreedCreek:

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: This is my husband's second month on Votrient. He had a CT today and it shows significant shrinkage in the tumors in his lungs. The only side effect he is experiencing is high blood pressure.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2010 2:30 PM