User Reviews for Votrient

Learn more about Votrient.

Soft Tissue Sarcoma 8 reviews 4 medications

9.2
Renal Cell Carcinoma 15 reviews 18 medications

8.2
Summary of Votrient reviews 23 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Votrient

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "diagnosed Jan 2, 2015 with renal cell carcinoma. I'm 61 and have been a picture of health my whole life. Right kidney had a tumor and they were going to remove until found 2 leisions on my liver. First med I did not respond to and been on Votrient for 2 weeks. After 1 week they felt I was responding. Side effects are bad with vomiting and diarrhea that it drains me. Hard to eat as food doesn't taste right and now my tongue has a burnt taste so nothing tastes good and have lost a lot of weight in short periods of time. sleep 10 -12 night and 2 hr nap. They say this is all typical for everyone. How long has it taken everyone to finally get back to feeling normal. I use a walker around house and wheelchair for dr"

Arizona gal (taken for less than 1 month) April 29, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "My husband started Votrient 800mg about a week ago after surgery for a metastatic renal cancer. So far he is doing so well, taking it at night seems to be working. Some mornings he is a little spent but he does stay up late. I am praying for a good result - he has numerous teeny lung lesions and just a teeny area where the L kidney had been. He is 53 and otherwise in very good health."

worried spouse (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I have been taking 800mg of Votrient daily since March, 2012 to treat Renal Cell Carcinoma tumors which developed when the cancer spread from a large tumor on my right kidney. Votrient has been effective in stopping the growth of the tumors and shrinking a few. Side effects experienced: treatable elevated blood pressure and diarrhea."

gentleman jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 31, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Began 800mg in May 2014; 10 months into treatment. No new mets at this time. High blood pressure began three weeks into treatment, a good sign in that it demonstrates the drug is working well. Hand foot syndrome, initially intense pain , but now under control. Weight loss due to loss of taste and appetite, a nutritionist can help. White hair. This is considered the least toxic targeted therapy drug for mRCC, do all you can to stay with it. If it is working for the first year you may continue to get excellent results for years to come. This is currently considered the first line therapy for mRCC. Take at night to reduce the stomach discomfort."

anonymous1!# (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 9, 2015

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I was diagnosed with 4 baseball sarcoma tumers in my liver July 15 2014. Did 6 weeks of GEMS/Taxol and after the scan showed two more tumors in the liver and four now in my lungs. My doctor put me on Votrent and scanned me once again after six weeks. All the tumors in my lungs have shrunk half their size and one tumer in the liver shrunk half it's size as well and all the others in the liver are dying from the inside out. Praise The LORD !"

R357 February 19, 2015

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Unfortunately side effects for me have been horrific! I was on 800mg for 6 weeks. I wound up with nausea, extreme hoarseness, high blood pressure, fatigue with sleeping 18 to 22 hours a day. Took a turn for the worse and liver enzymes were high. Could not eat or drink water for 5 days and lost 30 pounds. I was off the Votrient for a month and just started back on half the dose; 400mg. So far so good one evening of slight nausea. Other than a little more tired it appears to be better."

PApa Joe (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 7, 2015

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Wife is on this now for her 4th week (800mg ) she has Soft tissue in Right Lung after mets from uterus. Leiomyosarcoma. (sp) A month ago she was coughing every 2 minutes, now not so much but she is tired has nausea and the headaches. No appetite and when she ate solid food it would always come back up. Now her food consists of 4- 6 smoothies a day. Got a Vitamix after many recommended it on other websites on the internet. You fellow patient who have gone before her and have reported your experiences are the "only" thing that have kept her pressing forward. She has large tumor in chest and it is hope that this will hollow it out or something. Her first Chemo GEMS/Taxol only worked for 3 months . Then it started regrowing"

elwood11 November 17, 2014

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I was diagnosed with stage 4 Leiomyosarcoma 7/16/2013. Tumors in my stomach, liver, and a few affected lymph nodes. Had surgery and removed 40% of my stomach on 8/30/13. Surgery was a success. I Underwent 4 1/2 months of chemo with minimal shrinkage to existing tumors but did stunt the growth of the tumors. At that point my tumors were considered inoperable. Started Votrient 2/14, just found out my tumors have shrunk enough on my liver to be operable. Liver Surgery scheduled 10/14. So happy, praying Votrient is our miracle. Good luck to others with my condition."

Faith8/26 September 26, 2014

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Felt it is time for an update. It's April 26, 2014 and I've been on Votrient since August 2012. So far tumors remain stable and continue to show shrinkage. I'm still taking same dosage, 800mg per day."

Colette DeRosa (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 27, 2014

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Have been on Votrient now for over three years and am in remission. Side effects have included hand and foot pain (very slight now) and have experienced weight loss (from 180 lbs to around 130 lbs) over the last three years. As of this year, there have been no signs of liver problems but have had minor digestion issues. It appears that Votrient has been successful -unlike my experience with Sutent, Avastin, Xeloda and Affinitor. I had been diagnosed with stage IV renal cell carcinoma-sarcomatoid in 2008, and had the left kidney removed (and spleen due to a fall in the hospital). I have been on Votrient now for the better of three years, am still employed and fully functional. "

ekim-034 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 20, 2013

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "On Votrient since 2010 after Sutent. Results were good. After six months - no sign of metastasis and have been in remission since 2012. Votient had the effect of high blood pressure which was mitigated by Procardia. As of late, have lost weight and am having some digestive issues."

ekim034 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2013

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I am currently battling mesenchymal chondrosarcoma. It originated in my right thigh 2008, had the tumor removed, was cancer free for 3 years then was diagnosed last year with it again, with 5 tumors this time which had spread in my pelvic area, right lung and right armpit (July 2012). I've tried a few chemo therapy treatments and during that time frame, the tumors grew plus one new one appeared. In August 2012 I was placed on Votrient (800 mg), the tumors stopped growing and have been stable ever since. My last scan was June 11, 2013 and all 6 tumors are still holding stable and have shown some shrinkage. The side effects come and go, I am experiencing more muscle pain throughout my body and still some nausea, but that's easily controlled."

Mrs. DeRosa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 24, 2013

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I started on Votrient May 4, 2013. I take it at bedtime, which has really helped. I took it for about 24 days back in December, during the day, and side effects were far worse. So far, the side effects are more tolerable than Sutent. I do have high blood pressure and low platelets, but doctor is doing labs weekly. Some days the side effects are worse than others. I went to 800 mg last week and have more fatigue. I pray it works for my lung tumors as I have heard it has for others."

Alli1859 June 5, 2013

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I have started taking Votrient about three weeks ago. One tablet in the morning, one tablet in the afternoon, and one tablet before bedtime. I would be sick during the day (nausea, extreme fatigue, and no appetite.) I told my doctor about my experience and she suggested to take the tablets all at once before going to bed. I have been doing this for a week, and it is not too bad except waking up in the morning feel exhausted. But in the afternoon I would feel fine. I think the medication is working because I always have tumor pain and I will be going to the doctor this week for signs of some shrinkage."

Bella Rock (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2013

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "Started taking Votrient 800 mg last year after 23 days had to stop due to high blood pressure and got a fistula. 3 months later started back on at 400 mg. Seems to be doing better and taking 2 blood pressure medications to control it. Normal side effects like the ones I read about in this site. Last CT no major growths of my Sarcomas."

Keyman February 22, 2013

For Soft Tissue Sarcoma "I started taking it about 6 weeks ago for sarcoma. The only trouble I have had with it has been some gastro discomfort. But I was taking it first thing in the morning on a totally empty stomach. Now I eat breakfast and take it two hours later. Then eat some yogurt an hour later and so far all the stomach pain is gone. I do have some food allergies and a slight case of irritable bowel syndrome so I was not really surprised when I had the stomach pain. I have a CT 2/13/13 to see if the tumors are continuing to stay shrunk. But I feel fine. "

Connielee6 January 24, 2013

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I have been on Votrient since Jan 2010. Started with a right kidney in 1999. In 2009 my family doctor suggested that I have a pulmonary doctor run some CTs to see what he thought. After 8 months of CTs, I had to go and get a biopsy and it proved 2 clear and 2 renal cell carcinoma had appeared between my lungs. I checked a couple of oncologists in town. Been on the medicine since January 2010 and have little significant change. A little diarrhea once in a while and headaches, some dizziness on occasion but no significant change. Feel real good about the treatment. Would recommend it to anyone. "

tilton65suddenlink.net December 6, 2011

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Just started taking Votrient 09-15-11 for renal cell carcinoma stage4, cyst in my spine and leg, no side effects as of yet. Looking forward to a positive experience and good reports on the medicine. Wish me luck."

combtmdic September 28, 2011

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I have taken Votrient since 9/2010, starting at 800 mg per day, but reducing dosage to 400 mg then 200 mg due to high liver enzyme counts. I started taking Votrient after my kidney was removed due to RCC, in addition I had three tumors in my legs, which is how I found out I had RCC. After taking Votrient and the kidney removal two of the tumors disappeared, one year later and after taking the drug for one year I had the third tumor removed by surgery which was reduced in size by 50%. Today my latest scans are showing no new cancer sites. Side effects have been minimal, diarrhea, and change in taste with higher dosages, plus sexy looking white hair! This medicine has allowed me to continue traveling, and enjoy life without any limits."

Les from Florida September 4, 2011

155 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Taking 600mg of Votrient. Taken at night seems to reduce the side effects significantly."

Anonymous May 8, 2011

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Votrient was effective in shrinking tumors in lungs and inhibiting progression of tumors in spine and brain; but I had to discontinue it due to elevated liver enzymes. This happened with an 800 mg dose and a reduced dose of 400 mg. Side effects experienced early in treatment included elevated blood pressure (treated) and fatigue (tolerable)."

Anonymous March 25, 2011

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "Very effective. Have lost a lot of weight, but side effects not as extreme as Sutent for me. Started taking 9/20/10 still on it 2/11."

rcbridge January 30, 2011

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "This is my husband's second month on Votrient. He had a CT today and it shows significant shrinkage in the tumors in his lungs. The only side effect he is experiencing is high blood pressure."

BreedCreek December 21, 2010

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate