User Reviews for Votrient

Learn more about Votrient.

Votrient review summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Renal Cell Carcinoma.

Reviews for Votrient to treat Renal Cell Carcinoma

Review by ekim-034 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Have been on Votrient now for over three years and am in remission. Side effects have included hand and foot pain (very slight now) and have experienced weight loss (from 180 lbs to around 130 lbs) over the last three years. As of this year, there have been no signs of liver problems but have had minor digestion issues. It appears that Votrient has been successful -unlike my experience with Sutent, Avastin, Xeloda and Affinitor. I had been diagnosed with stage IV renal cell carcinoma-sarcomatoid in 2008, and had the left kidney removed (and spleen due to a fall in the hospital). I have been on Votrient now for the better of three years, am still employed and fully functional.

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2013 11:01 AM

Review by ekim034 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

On Votrient since 2010 after Sutent. Results were good. After six months - no sign of metastasis and have been in remission since 2012. Votient had the effect of high blood pressure which was mitigated by Procardia. As of late, have lost weight and am having some digestive issues.

August 22, 2013 4:42 PM

Review by Alli1859:

I started on Votrient May 4, 2013. I take it at bedtime, which has really helped. I took it for about 24 days back in December, during the day, and side effects were far worse. So far, the side effects are more tolerable than Sutent. I do have high blood pressure and low platelets, but doctor is doing labs weekly. Some days the side effects are worse than others. I went to 800 mg last week and have more fatigue. I pray it works for my lung tumors as I have heard it has for others.

June 5, 2013 1:59 PM

Review by tilton65suddenlink.net:

I have been on Votrient since Jan 2010. Started with a right kidney in 1999. In 2009 my family doctor suggested that I have a pulmonary doctor run some CTs to see what he thought. After 8 months of CTs, I had to go and get a biopsy and it proved 2 clear and 2 renal cell carcinoma had appeared between my lungs. I checked a couple of oncologists in town. Been on the medicine since January 2010 and have little significant change. A little diarrhea once in a while and headaches, some dizziness on occasion but no significant change. Feel real good about the treatment. Would recommend it to anyone.

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2011 8:55 PM

Review by combtmdic:

Just started taking Votrient 09-15-11 for renal cell carcinoma stage4, cyst in my spine and leg, no side effects as of yet. Looking forward to a positive experience and good reports on the medicine. Wish me luck.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 28, 2011 7:03 PM

Review by Les from Florida:

I have taken Votrient since 9/2010, starting at 800 mg per day, but reducing dosage to 400 mg then 200 mg due to high liver enzyme counts. I started taking Votrient after my kidney was removed due to RCC, in addition I had three tumors in my legs, which is how I found out I had RCC. After taking Votrient and the kidney removal two of the tumors disappeared, one year later and after taking the drug for one year I had the third tumor removed by surgery which was reduced in size by 50%. Today my latest scans are showing no new cancer sites. Side effects have been minimal, diarrhea, and change in taste with higher dosages, plus sexy looking white hair! This medicine has allowed me to continue traveling, and enjoy life without any limits.

130 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2011 12:27 PM

Taking 600mg of Votrient. Taken at night seems to reduce the side effects significantly.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 8, 2011 3:48 PM

Votrient was effective in shrinking tumors in lungs and inhibiting progression of tumors in spine and brain; but I had to discontinue it due to elevated liver enzymes. This happened with an 800 mg dose and a reduced dose of 400 mg. Side effects experienced early in treatment included elevated blood pressure (treated) and fatigue (tolerable).

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 25, 2011 7:46 PM

Review by rcbridge:

Very effective. Have lost a lot of weight, but side effects not as extreme as Sutent for me. Started taking 9/20/10 still on it 2/11.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 30, 2011 5:20 PM

Review by BreedCreek:

This is my husband's second month on Votrient. He had a CT today and it shows significant shrinkage in the tumors in his lungs. The only side effect he is experiencing is high blood pressure.

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 21, 2010 2:30 PM