User Reviews for Paxil (Page 8)

Learn more about Paxil.

Depression 110 reviews 79 medications

7.2
Summary of Paxil reviews 483 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paxil

For Anxiety "This really works. Been on it for a week and now feeling much less anxious. My anxiety was pretty bad, couldn't get through the work day without an anxiety/panic attack. Saw a Dr and since then this medicine has really helped."

Cymro May 23, 2014

133 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I started to use Paroxetine since May 8, 2014, my experience until now is great, the pill helps me to relax and calm, I was like very anxious all the time. What I like is that the pill does not make me feel sleepy, I feel much better. "

orchidr May 20, 2014

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "I took Paxil for 5 years for severe panic attacks and anxiety. I got to the point where I could barely leave the house without anxiety. I was on 20 mg once a day and it worked wonders for me. I felt "normal" for the first time in years. HOWEVER... I gained 50 lbs. I decided to get off and weaned myself very slowly but still had withdrawal symptoms: brain zaps, severe headaches, dizzy, restless, faint, weak and the list goes on. I have been off for 5 months now and still have symptoms. "

JNoonie (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Really worked for me, paroxetine definitely took the edge off and lessened anxiety symptoms. Would still have benzodiazepine as needed but this was 1-2 per month. Great antidepressant for anxiety & panic disorder."

Soundchain (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "Paxil is very effective. I struggled with anxiety for a year and Paxil is the only thing that helped."

Anxiety16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2014

For Anxiety "I started Paxil after being off antidepressants for a couple of months for bad anxiety and depression. This medication made me feel like a million bucks within the first couple of weeks. I was able to get up on time, didn't feel tired, and was exceedingly happy. Unfortunately, I had to get off of it because it caused bad Restless Leg Syndrome for me."

anutterblonde (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

For Anxiety "It really works wonders. I've been on it for almost a week and I'm just so calm and chilled. My anxiety started getting really, really bad. To the point where I'd cry over nothing almost. I'd sit and stress over the most trivial matters, but in my mind they were huge and irreparable. I'd stopped eating, it freak out on my own etc. Being social became a huge issue and rationalizing that everything would be okay didn't work anymore. Eventually I bit the bullet and saw a Dr and since then this medicine has really been an absolute blessing."

Craig_29 May 11, 2014

169 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Anxiety "Great medicine. I suffer minor depression and anxiety. Have my whole life. I been taking this almost 2 years. If you want to stop taking this medicine, lean off it really slow. I'm taking 20mg in the morning and at night."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2014

For Major Depressive Disorder "I've been on Paxil for about the past four years. It helps stabilize my depression, which I've had for many years. It doesn't make me happy, but at least I can function and feel like a normal person. It is one of two medications that have helped me at all (the other being Celexa, but that one made me gain extreme weight). The only negative thing is that I gained some weight months after taking it. Despite a few extra pounds, I'll keep taking it."

quackers 2 April 25, 2014

For Depression "I experienced severe postpartum depression after my twins were born, actually it started after I stopped breastfeeding them. My hormones were all over the place. I was sleep deprived and suicidal. Paxil worked great on my depression, but I had negative side effects. First of all, it really flattened my emotional response. Nothing much upset me, but nothing made me excited either. I had zero sex drive and could not achieve orgasm at all. I also gained a lot of weight in a very short amount of time. Also, I had trouble falling asleep. I switched to Wellbutrin, and actually lost weight. I would still have difficulty coping some days, but it was manageable, and no negative side effects."

Stressed Momma (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2014

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Works fast. After 2 hours will make your mind clear. Like you are a different person."

m.brown (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2014

For Depression "Been taking Paxil 40mg since November 2007, works absolutely fine. Treated my major depression without any complications, did not affect my sex life, at first its hard to have an orgasm, but over time, its as fast as you want them. Medication however did cause some minor hair thinning and hair loss in my front head area, treating it with Minoxidil 2.5mg once a day. Otherwise medication works absolutely great for major depression mostly. Doctors have advised that its hard to get off this medication on your own, do not attempt to discontinue the medication on your own once you've been on it for a long period, consult with your doctor."

Aerospace747 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 21, 2014

For Anxiety "I have taken Paxil on and off my entire adult life. I have always stuck to a low dose at 10MG a day. I do not have depression, I am just a very sensitive especially in times of high stress, and panic attacks start to take over my life. I had to put my degree on hold, I missed out on vacations with my family, and my professional life suffered as well. Paxil calms my nerves. It keeps me in check so I don't freak out in times of stress. The side effects do exist, but keeping a low dose helps. My libido is affected a bit, I do get dizzy from time to time, and I also have dry mouth. At 10mg a day, once I feel like I am in control again (usually 8 months to a year of being on the medicine) I can stop without any of the bad withdrawals."

PanicednotManic (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 18, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "Started on Effexor. Lost my mind. Was put on Celexa (20mg) and lived my life. Things were okay. I had anxiety still, but it was controlled. Didn't care much about anything. But my anxiety was controlled. That went on for 2 years. Just over a month ago, I saw a new doctor (insurance changed and previous doctor didn't accept it). She pushed me to try Paxil. I replaced my 20mg of Celexa with 10mg of Paxil for 2 days, then went to 20mg Paxil. No issues at all. I am so happy I did it. I am a completely different person. When I say anxiety was controlled on Celexa, I'll tell you I have NO anxiety on Paxil. I haven't thought about it at all. I leave, drive, hang out with my friends, go do everything that not even Celexa allowed me to do."

TaraB_B March 13, 2014

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder "Took this for almost a year, helped with my panic attacks but made me severely depressed and unstable. DID NOT do well for me. Switched to Zoloft and Abilify and was total 180 turn- should have switched a long time ago. "

RachRach24 March 4, 2014

For Anxiety "My entire life since a young child I've been fighting post traumatic stress disorder, anxiety and depression. I didn't even know it until I was about 22. I was in a very bad car accident and it changed my life and worsened my anxiety. My panic attacks were so bad I'd be just sobbing and screaming and crying and freaking out in waves throughout the whole day. I finally sucked up my pride and admitted something was wrong and I needed to see a Doctor. I went and he immediately put me on 20 mg dose. It was great I did calm down quite a bit and when I'd have flashbacks it came without panic attacks. It's been a year and I've hit the poop-out. I was at 40mg 4 months ago and now I'm at 5mg and take Wellbutrin XL for this last month to regain my energy. ITS WORKING."

EmilioEstavas (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2014

For Panic Disorder "I had panic attacks since I was about 7 years old when I was hospitalized with rheumatic fever. I was left in the hospital to long in a extremely high fever in one of hospitals in Europe... Because of that the bacteria spread to my heart with resulted with heart muscle infection and effected aortic valve. I almost died. Was hospitalized for three months. This happened on Monday. I was scared Mondays. Every Monday was getting panic attack which started with very fast heart beating. It actually felt like I was getting heart attack. Blurry vision. Very hard to live with such symptoms. I am taking Paxil 20 mg for 16 years now. I can live normal life! Get help. Don't suffer, go to your doctor."

JDV16 February 20, 2014

For Depression "Paxil helped me get my life and emotions back on track after depression linked to a divorce. I had been feeling more down than ever before, and couldn't shake it despite every effort through talk counseling, relaxation, and exercise. For the first 3-4 weeks, initially at 10 mg and then at 20 mg, I felt that Paxil was having no effect on me. But as it kicked in, I felt happier, more myself, and more alive than in years, sustained now for 3 months. It's been a very natural feeling, as if a fog has lifted rather than any medicated fakeness. Only side effect has been gaining 15 pounds (after losing 10 pounds from depression), even while training for and running a half-marathon. No difficulty cutting dosage to 15mg, and will soon cut to 10mg."

D Tex (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 20, 2014

For Anxiety "After trying a few medications my psychiatrist put me on Paxil. I felt like it DID help with my anxiety and depression but that came with a price -- drowsiness, huge loss of libido, and horrible withdrawal symptoms. I was always lethargic and never wanted to go out and do anything, but I felt less anxiety and depression. I would literally go 7 days without sex (with my partner of 3 years) because I just didn't feel like it and I could definitely feel the negative toll it was taking on our relationship but luckily he stuck with me. After getting fed up with the intense side effects, I quit cold turkey -- huuuuge mistake. I felt like I had the flu and the brain zaps were never ending."

A1990 February 12, 2014

For Anxiety "I have depression I suffered for many years in the dark big time. I was too scared to say anything. I finally had to say something. I am a male of course (got to hide those feelings). Things were getting very very bad. I talked to my doctor and a shrink and got me on 20 mgs of Paxil 15 years ago and it really does help with the hell I felt within for years. Please be patient. Hang in there one day at a time if I can do it you can too. I was really bad from what docs say. It takes time to adjust to the medicine but well worth it. Drinking and not taking reasonable care of yourself won't help at all. Live a cleaner life does make a difference. No guilt. The side effects are for me constipation and a bit of brain fog."

goldminer (taken for 10 years or more) February 5, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression "I've used Paxil when I was in my 20's for depression and anxiety. Paxil worked great for me. Side effects were loss of appetite for 2 weeks and taking long to ejaculate which I loved this side effect. Through the years I have been on and off Paxil with it working for me every time but I notice as I got into my 30's it made me very drowsy when taking it. Of all my time of taking Paxil I have never taken it for more than 3 months. I experience the brain zaps once only when I used it for the 1st time. Never had a problem going off Paxil since that 1st time. I would recommend Paxil for depression and definitely anxiety. However, the last time I took it in my 40's it was causing me stomach problem and made my throat feel scratchy all the time."

wesskid February 2, 2014

For Anxiety "I felt so much less anxious initially, so foolishly, and with doctors encouragement, I stayed on Paxil for 3-4 years. Two months ago, I started to ween myself off this medicine very slowly. I have never felt so bad in my 72 years of life. At first, I felt it must be the flu though I'd had a flu shot in November of last year (13). The withdrawal symptoms of nausea, vomiting, hot flashes. Not thinking clearly, fatigue, extremely vivid and frightening dreams, dizziness, and depression lasted 5-6 days. My doctor recommended that I go back on Paxil at half a tablet initially, and then a whole tablet after a week. So it has been two weeks now of my taking a 40mg. Dose each evening. I tried documenting my terrible experience."

Punkey January 31, 2014

For Anxiety "I started Paxil 37.5 mg ER. 2 weeks ago! I have never felt this good."

Happy on tennessee January 29, 2014

For Depression "I took Paxil for about 4 years. It was truly a life saver from the horrible depression I suffer from. However, after about 4 years it quit working, and my doc moved me to Bupropion. Paxil was terrible about causing me to randomly fall asleep. I had to pull off the road and nap MANY times. Also, almost no sex life while taking it. "

JohnHalo (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 28, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder "I have been taking Paxil CR for a few months. My doctor and I tried many many things. I think an entire year of my life was spent on playing with medications and dosages. I am currently taking 37.5 + 12.5 and have been for a while now. I haven't felt this "steady" in years. I can leave my apartment feeling "Free" now. I used to be borderline agoraphobic. I still have a long way to go but Paxil has done NOTHING but GOOD for me. Good Luck!"

RebornAGAIN January 22, 2014