Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Paroxetine review summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Hot Flashes.

Reviews for Paroxetine to treat Hot Flashes

Review by Mahilia25:

Brisdelle (paroxetine): I have been taking Brisdelle for 6 days and to date my severe hot flashes has diminished tremendously. I am so grateful for this relief.

March 18, 2015 10:45 AM

Review by 57andcounting! (taken for less than 1 month):

I have had difficulty with hormonal depression which is why I thought it was prescribed. It stopped my night sweats immediately, now 17 days in, my depression is a little worse. Feeling sad and tired. Not for me but enjoyed the relief from night sweats while it lasted.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 8:24 PM

Review by Hot and bothered:

Brisdelle (paroxetine): I am beyond furious. Not only did Brisedelle live up to its promise of eliminating night sweats and hot flashes, they failed to mention (as did my doctor) about the side effects when stopping them. After 5 months of taking it, I decided it wasn't working for me. Now, I am left with what I have discovered are "Brain Zaps". There are other ways to help with these symptoms.

February 27, 2015 5:28 AM

Review by harvco:

Brisdelle (paroxetine): My hot flashes has reduced tremendously. Initially, I thought it was not working until I stopped taking it. When I went back on the meds I have been almost normal. I am pleased

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 5:30 PM

Review by Shachar:

Had surgical menopause and started this two weeks before surgery. I am now two weeks past surgery and have not experienced a single hot flash or any other menopause symptom. I sleep great and feel much more calm. It did make me tired for the first week and have brain fog, but that passed.

December 28, 2014 8:58 PM

Review by blue devil (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Increased to 30mg. And big improvement. It took 7-8 weeks to help but usually 1-2 hot flashes per day, no night sweats anymore. Love the calming effect. No other side effects. Just waiting for them to stop all together.

December 28, 2014 8:48 PM

Review by cotton100:

Been taking paxil for years. Started having hot flashes and they continue, Paxil has not effect on them.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 10, 2014 9:27 PM

Review by Teyha:

Amazed that this is working so well for me & so quickly. I've been suffering from horrible hot flashes (2 per hour) of everyday for 8 years now. I noticed relief from Paxil in 2 days. I couldn't believe it. Like many, I've tried EVERY THING imaginable for some relief, (to avoid the dangers of HRT). Now night sweats are down to 1 per night at most (compared to 5 per night). All I do is wash sheets, night clothes & pillows. Only problem with the Paxil is how groggy I feel the next day. Now I'm taking it a few hours before bed now hoping this will help. After 3 days I think this is helping some. Won't stop trying to make this medicine work.

November 18, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by alex o:

This is very helpful to reduce hot flashes and sweat and I am very grateful. Highly recommended.

November 10, 2014 10:57 AM

Review by Mrs. Dee:

Brisdelle (paroxetine): I took the medication for two weeks and it worked like a charm. However, I started to experience extreme pain in my joints (knees, ankles, wrist). Not sure if it is associated with the medicine, but I didn't have all of the aches until I started. I love how the medicine mellowed me out no anxiety or frustration over little things. Hot flashes are at a minimum. Hope it makes it because I would like to continue taking it.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2014 10:20 AM

Review by FinallyRelief (taken for less than 1 month):

Brisdelle (paroxetine): 2 days in and the hot flashes are GONE. After 10 YEARS in which the only thing that worked (and I tried everything under the sun) was HRT. So glad I found paroxetine.

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 1:32 PM

Review by Chihuahuamama (taken for less than 1 month):

Brisdelle (paroxetine): I've only been on it for a week, but before taking the medicine, I was up at least 3 times per night changing clothes due to being drenched from night sweats (very disruptive to sleep patterns). Since starting this medicine I have not had one episode of night sweats! Hope it last, it will be a life changer if it does!

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2014 9:24 AM

Review by Jennifer SS:

Brisdelle (paroxetine): I have been taking Brisdelle for two weeks now, but had to stop taking it due to the unacceptable side effects. It worked like a charm on my hot flashes, reducing them from at least 12-15 times in a 24 hour period (with night sweats) to only 1 per day. However, I found it impossible to sleep, I could not keep my hands and feet still, I had congestion so bad that I thought I had a sinus infection and also suffered blurred vision. I tried taking it in the morning instead of at night, but it made no difference to my insomnia. I have, therefore, discontinued it altogether.

April 12, 2014 2:13 PM

Review by BrookeC70:

Brisdelle (paroxetine): I got awful leg cramps and headaches. Did not help with hot flashes either.

April 9, 2014 9:00 PM

Review by Bunker2butch:

Brisdelle (paroxetine): Been taking for three weeks. It has reduced the number of hot flashes from 8-10 a day down to 2-4. Not great results but better. I was hoping for a occasional hot flash, bit daily. I will continue taking the medicine for three more weeks to see if the results improve.

April 7, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by Debbie Harrell (taken for less than 1 month):

I was a little afraid to use the medicine. I read alot about it. Just starting paroxetine. Been taking the medicine for two days. I already notice the difficance with my hot flashes and night sweats. I use to throw the covers on and off, but now I keep the covers on and I am not as hot any more. I will continue to use it.

November 24, 2013 5:37 PM

Review by DW Faith (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was hesitant to take an antidepressant, but glad I did. Thought the initial dose was TOO strong, made me a walking zombie, I cut it in half and took it just prior to bed. My hot flashes have gone from one an hour to only a couple a day. Night sweats have all but gone. It did take about a week after I cut the dose, but saw a gradual reduction in frequency, duration, and strength almost immediately. Worst side effect is a severe dry mouth, but I've always needed to drink more and the Biotene products have also worked well for this minor irritation (...compared to the hot flashes which had not reduced over the last five years. Thought this was supposed to go away after a while). Luv this medicine.

September 6, 2013 5:31 PM

Review by SkyeRyder:

This works great for hot flashes! I never have them during the day anymore and not more than one at night when I first lay down. Also calms anxiety without any side effects that I can see.

May 20, 2013 3:20 PM

Paxil (paroxetine): I have been going through menopause for over 8 years now. I have tried everything during that time. Each medicine worked for a certain time frame, then it was no longer effective. After reading a research study about the effects of Paxil to ease hot flashes I decided to give it a try. Paxil knocked the severe flashes out while decreasing the frequency and severity of the flashes that still occur. Also, Paxil calmed my stress/anxiety which also contributed to the decrease in frequency.

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2012 8:51 AM

Review by penny1234:

Paxil (paroxetine): Took away hot flashes, but drowsy during the day. I just started this medicine 5 days ago. I hope that side effect leaves, it's like walking in a fog.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2012 12:29 PM

Paxil (paroxetine): Taking this medication eased my hot flashes but did not rid them entirely. What it has done is improve my mood. I feel great!

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2009 3:33 AM

Paxil (paroxetine): It took care of my hot flushes right when I needed it. It worked great for me

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 31, 2008 11:36 PM