User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 9)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 39 medications

Depression 134 reviews 77 medications

7.2
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 598 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been on Paxil since I was 5, I'm almost 20 now. I've had really bad anxiety my entire life. I started at 5mg daily, as I got older, my dosage slowly increased to 20mg, which is my current dose. I had a few bad life experiences when I was younger that caused my anxiety to increase tenfold, so my DR tried to swap the Paxil for something else. Bad idea, none of the other SSRIs worked; I had a severe increase in anxiety and side effects, so he put me back on the Paxil. Paxil has been the only pill to help my anxiety and I haven't had any side effects from it."

ThrashingThrasher (taken for 10 years or more) July 5, 2014

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "To the person who recommended NeoCitran, do not take NeoCitran if you're taking Paxil or any other SSRI, unless the form of NeoCitran doesn't contain Dextromethorphan. These two medicines have a major interaction that could cause serotonin syndrome, which is relevant to my review of Paxil. My experience with Paxil so far hasn't been the best. Side effects have been pretty bad, and as I also have ADHD, taking both Paxil and Vyvanse has lead to some serotonin syndrome-like symptoms. I got mild serotonin syndrome a few days after I started taking Paxil, because I had been taking both Paxil and Vyvanse in the morning. I find that if I take Paxil at least 12 hours after Vyvanse, the side effects are minimal and haven't had any further problems."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 3, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Loved this medicine, helped me a lot. Problem is I got glaucoma."

cinzach June 25, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Have been on Paxil 20-60mg for 11 years and have found that while I still experience depressive episodes, occasionally suicidal ideas, I tend to recover faster- weeks instead of months. I've also experienced weight gain 30+ lbs, high blood pressure, constant dry mouth, lack of libido and difficulty with orgasms. These side effects have affected my marriage and self-esteem and am currently slowly weaning off Paxil."

Female40 (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I can honestly say, after years and years of dealing with my anxiety, leaving school to be homeschooled, not being able to function and just accomplish and do the things I wanted to do, being a slave to anxiety every second of my life, finally at 18, after a year of what has been the worst anxiety of my life, I made the decision to take Paxil. 26 days on the medicine and I can honestly say it has changed my life, and saved it. I have never felt so wonderful in my entire life, anxiety does not exist in my life or control me anymore, I am now in control, and it was such a beautiful relief to have such an incredible outcome."

Anamax June 11, 2014

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I've been on Paxil since I was 19. I am now 34. This medication has saved my life. I have read a ton of negative comments about Paxil and I truly believe it is not for everyone. It either works great or not. For me life before Paxil was horribly scary. I had massive panic disorder and was sheltered in my home all the time. I used to struggle with a few of the side effects of Paxil such as decreased sex drive and the feeling of nausea. However I have learned over the last 15 years of being on it, how to change the side effects through other positive reinforcements such as meditation and positive thinking. I no longer have the side effects. Perhaps 15 year has helped with that too. I stayed on Paxil when I had all three of my children."

JToni (taken for 10 years or more) May 30, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I wonder if anyone can relate to my experience with Paxil. During about 17 years of severe depression and anxiety, no medication (I've tried them all) seemed to help and the ones that did, brought along unbearable side effects. ECT didn't help either. Paxil is the only pill that really works for me, but it makes me slightly manic. Combining it with a mood stabiliser works perfect %u2013 but only for 6 months. After that, it's depression all over again. After waiting for another 6 months, I can start using Paxil in combination with a mood stabiliser again, with good results that always only lasts for 6 months. This 6 months on/6 months off has become a very predictable pattern over the years. "

JohannesB (taken for 10 years or more) May 26, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "This really works. Been on it for a week and now feeling much less anxious. My anxiety was pretty bad, couldn't get through the work day without an anxiety/panic attack. Saw a Dr and since then this medicine has really helped."

Cymro May 23, 2014

131 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started to use Paroxetine since May 8, 2014, my experience until now is great, the pill helps me to relax and calm, I was like very anxious all the time. What I like is that the pill does not make me feel sleepy, I feel much better. "

orchidr May 20, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I took Paxil for 5 years for severe panic attacks and anxiety. I got to the point where I could barely leave the house without anxiety. I was on 20 mg once a day and it worked wonders for me. I felt "normal" for the first time in years. HOWEVER... I gained 50 lbs. I decided to get off and weaned myself very slowly but still had withdrawal symptoms: brain zaps, severe headaches, dizzy, restless, faint, weak and the list goes on. I have been off for 5 months now and still have symptoms. "

JNoonie (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 18, 2014

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Really worked for me, paroxetine definitely took the edge off and lessened anxiety symptoms. Would still have benzodiazepine as needed but this was 1-2 per month. Great antidepressant for anxiety & panic disorder."

Soundchain (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 17, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Paxil is very effective. I struggled with anxiety for a year and Paxil is the only thing that helped."

Anxiety16 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 16, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started Paxil after being off antidepressants for a couple of months for bad anxiety and depression. This medication made me feel like a million bucks within the first couple of weeks. I was able to get up on time, didn't feel tired, and was exceedingly happy. Unfortunately, I had to get off of it because it caused bad Restless Leg Syndrome for me."

anutterblonde (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I've only been on it for a week, but before taking the medicine, I was up at least 3 times per night changing clothes due to being drenched from night sweats (very disruptive to sleep patterns). Since starting this medicine I have not had one episode of night sweats! Hope it last, it will be a life changer if it does!"

Chihuahuamama (taken for less than 1 month) May 12, 2014

100 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "It really works wonders. I've been on it for almost a week and I'm just so calm and chilled. My anxiety started getting really, really bad. To the point where I'd cry over nothing almost. I'd sit and stress over the most trivial matters, but in my mind they were huge and irreparable. I'd stopped eating, it freak out on my own etc. Being social became a huge issue and rationalizing that everything would be okay didn't work anymore. Eventually I bit the bullet and saw a Dr and since then this medicine has really been an absolute blessing."

Craig_29 May 11, 2014

166 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Great medicine. I suffer minor depression and anxiety. Have my whole life. I been taking this almost 2 years. If you want to stop taking this medicine, lean off it really slow. I'm taking 20mg in the morning and at night."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 10, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Paxil for about the past four years. It helps stabilize my depression, which I've had for many years. It doesn't make me happy, but at least I can function and feel like a normal person. It is one of two medications that have helped me at all (the other being Celexa, but that one made me gain extreme weight). The only negative thing is that I gained some weight months after taking it. Despite a few extra pounds, I'll keep taking it."

quackers 2 April 25, 2014

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for two weeks now, but had to stop taking it due to the unacceptable side effects. It worked like a charm on my hot flashes, reducing them from at least 12-15 times in a 24 hour period (with night sweats) to only 1 per day. However, I found it impossible to sleep, I could not keep my hands and feet still, I had congestion so bad that I thought I had a sinus infection and also suffered blurred vision. I tried taking it in the morning instead of at night, but it made no difference to my insomnia. I have, therefore, discontinued it altogether."

Jennifer SS April 12, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I experienced severe postpartum depression after my twins were born, actually it started after I stopped breastfeeding them. My hormones were all over the place. I was sleep deprived and suicidal. Paxil worked great on my depression, but I had negative side effects. First of all, it really flattened my emotional response. Nothing much upset me, but nothing made me excited either. I had zero sex drive and could not achieve orgasm at all. I also gained a lot of weight in a very short amount of time. Also, I had trouble falling asleep. I switched to Wellbutrin, and actually lost weight. I would still have difficulty coping some days, but it was manageable, and no negative side effects."

Stressed Momma (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 11, 2014

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I got awful leg cramps and headaches. Did not help with hot flashes either."

BrookeC70 April 9, 2014

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "Been taking for three weeks. It has reduced the number of hot flashes from 8-10 a day down to 2-4. Not great results but better. I was hoping for a occasional hot flash, bit daily. I will continue taking the medicine for three more weeks to see if the results improve."

Bunker2butch April 7, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Works fast. After 2 hours will make your mind clear. Like you are a different person."

m.brown (taken for less than 1 month) March 27, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Been taking Paxil 40mg since November 2007, works absolutely fine. Treated my major depression without any complications, did not affect my sex life, at first its hard to have an orgasm, but over time, its as fast as you want them. Medication however did cause some minor hair thinning and hair loss in my front head area, treating it with Minoxidil 2.5mg once a day. Otherwise medication works absolutely great for major depression mostly. Doctors have advised that its hard to get off this medication on your own, do not attempt to discontinue the medication on your own once you've been on it for a long period, consult with your doctor."

Aerospace747 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 21, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have taken Paxil on and off my entire adult life. I have always stuck to a low dose at 10MG a day. I do not have depression, I am just a very sensitive especially in times of high stress, and panic attacks start to take over my life. I had to put my degree on hold, I missed out on vacations with my family, and my professional life suffered as well. Paxil calms my nerves. It keeps me in check so I don't freak out in times of stress. The side effects do exist, but keeping a low dose helps. My libido is affected a bit, I do get dizzy from time to time, and I also have dry mouth. At 10mg a day, once I feel like I am in control again (usually 8 months to a year of being on the medicine) I can stop without any of the bad withdrawals."

PanicednotManic (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 18, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Started on Effexor. Lost my mind. Was put on Celexa (20mg) and lived my life. Things were okay. I had anxiety still, but it was controlled. Didn't care much about anything. But my anxiety was controlled. That went on for 2 years. Just over a month ago, I saw a new doctor (insurance changed and previous doctor didn't accept it). She pushed me to try Paxil. I replaced my 20mg of Celexa with 10mg of Paxil for 2 days, then went to 20mg Paxil. No issues at all. I am so happy I did it. I am a completely different person. When I say anxiety was controlled on Celexa, I'll tell you I have NO anxiety on Paxil. I haven't thought about it at all. I leave, drive, hang out with my friends, go do everything that not even Celexa allowed me to do."

TaraB_B March 13, 2014

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 ...Next