User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 2 reviews 40 medications

Depression 111 reviews 75 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 424 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Review by Freed:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I have been on it for almost nine years now. I started having anxiety about 10 years before then and I struggled through almost anything I set to do. Since my doctor put me on paroxetine, I've been myself again. Totally calm. Can't believe I didn't get to know about it earlier. It's a God send.

October 30, 2011 4:19 PM

Review by gypcsol:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: I began taking 10mg Paxil when I was 28 (I am now 38) for panic attacks and stayed on it for around 6 years. I felt so good on it that I felt like I didn't need it anymore so I weened myself off of it with no problems! After going through early menopause my Doctor put me on 50 mg of Zoloft, that worked well for my hot flashes and mood swings but when I began having panic attacks again the Zoloft did nothing. My Doctor then increased the Zoloft to 100mg, it did nothing for my panic attacks only made me more nervous! I am now taking 20 mg of Paxil. I am here to say that it has only been one week, but what a difference a week makes! I feel like myself only a little tired. I have no other side effects and it gave me my life back!

October 21, 2011 12:39 PM

Review by madhatter57:

For Anxiety and Stress: I started paroxetine 20 mg 2 1/2 months ago. First few days I was very nauseous. That went away fast and 2 weeks into it I felt good. I could deal with my small anxieties and stresses. I still can deal with them because I don't care, in fact I came to find I don't care about anything anymore. About 2 months into this medicine I started sleeping 12 to 14 hours not good, along with very vivid strange dreams and I don't care - about anything! My ears ring with a buzz and I was gritting my teeth until a piece of my molar broke off. I was not depressed when I started, but I think that's where I'm headed. I have recently had suicide thoughts. Last 2 weeks taking only 10 mg (split pills) to taper off, after reading all about the withdrawal.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2011 4:39 PM

Review by happy on paxil cr:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I have health-related anxiety issues. Ten years ago I took 25 mg Paxil CR for about a year and it was a life-saver. No side effect, no withdrawal issues. A month ago my anxiety returned for a new reason. My doctor started me on 20 mg citalopram. I think I had every side effect possible and made my anxiety worse. I switched to 12.5 mg Paxil CR and within three days was a new person. For me, there is no better medicine.

October 15, 2011 5:42 PM

Review by JMcTavish:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: Paxil worked very well for my anxiety. I used to not be able to function in a crowded room but now I am fine. I find that it also gives me sturdy thick erections which I never used to have.

October 14, 2011 8:57 PM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: Miracle pill.

October 3, 2011 6:25 AM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I took this medication for 7 years on and off. I would always try to taper off and be free of it but I always ended up going back to the point that I NEEDED it. I had side effects of being sleepy constantly, and gaining 30 lbs. But I did feel better overall. I've been off of it for a year now and debating going back on it.

October 3, 2011 2:50 AM

Review by Ricasell:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: I have suffered with panic all my life. Since taking Paxil I don't have them. If you run out the panic comes back. I've heard bad things about Paxil but it saved my life so its worth it.

September 29, 2011 8:53 PM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I suffered with a pretty severe anxiety, stress and depression. Took Paxil 4 days ago and honestly I feel great. It already started working. Lot of it could be in my head but trust me all my symptoms disappeared. Side effects: from day one I had a light headache, day two -a little harder headache, day three unbearable headache, day four(now) no headache, feeling perfectly fine, great mood, even though its raining and dark outside. GREAT medicine. Also its worth to add, it worked the same wonders for me about 8 years ago when I had it for the last time. I was on Paxil for 6 months and it healed me. I had 7 years of great life and suddenly 6-7 months ago this thing attacked me again. Paxil works again, same way.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 29, 2011 3:11 PM

Review by Love it and hate it:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I have been on Paxil a little over a month now. Before I started taking it I had terrible anxiety, stress and depression. Since I've been taking it I've felt happy and stress free. The only problem I've had is that it can work a little too well. My grandpa went into hospice care and we knew he would die but I was still happy and stress free. I ran out of my Paxil and that's when it hit me that he's dying, then he died and I reacted as I should have, sad/depressed. I refilled my prescription its been less than 2 days since he died. While it is great I feel so much better, I wish I could feel the sadness I should be feeling.

September 17, 2011 11:42 AM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: Paxil has helped me live again.

September 17, 2011 1:38 AM

Review by Bruzer:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: Panic attacks are greatly reduced, depression persists.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 14, 2011 1:18 PM

Review by BZZ87:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I took paroxetine (Paxil) for 2 months. It took a while to feel any effect from it. It did help regulate my moods a little bit, but after a month and a half it started giving me stomach pains and feelings of hopelessness and suicide. I am still experiencing the effects of not taking it anymore. It's been about a week since I quit. I was going to taper the dosage but it just made me too sick. I am sure this medicine is great for others but my body just did not agree with it.

September 9, 2011 11:39 AM

Review by mrsdracomalfoy:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I took Paxil for nearly 9 months and it seemed to cure all my ailments. I didn't realize how many things were attributed to my anxiety including, chest pains, nausea, headaches, etc. I really felt great (after a week or so of insomnia which is a common side-effect). I recently stopped taking Paxil since I was feeling so great. That is really tough. I had awful dizziness (but again this is to be expected) for about 10 days. Several weeks later I am realizing I felt much better on Paxil and am thinking of returning to it.

August 30, 2011 2:54 PM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: Has helped me tremendously with anxiety and depression for almost a decade. Don't recall any side effects though. Start on a low dose and always taper it down slowly when going off of it or you will feel crazy!

August 29, 2011 11:48 AM

Review by paxilguy:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I took Paxil 20mg for 8 years. It is excellent for depression, anxiety and social anxiety. I completely lost all anxiety, shyness and experienced relaxed euphoria. I excelled at work and dealing with people. However it is very sedating, I would drink coffee all day while on it. I look back on those 8 years and it all seems like a blur. Sleep very deeply and a lot but at least I was happy. I'm now in my mid thirties and was recently switched to Celexa because I started finding it difficult to achieve orgasm on Paxil. Bad decision...I now experience anxiety from the moment I wake up, shortness of breath, agoraphobia, terrible and obsessive thoughts, and racing thoughts and a feeling that I am going crazy. I'm going back on Paxil.

August 25, 2011 3:01 AM

Review by Momof2FightingAnxiety:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: Panic Disorder/Bipolar/Manic Depressive: Today will be my 7th Dose, I am having a love hate relationship with my Paxil, it made me EXTREMELY tired for the first 4 days, headaches on day 4 & 5, Dizziness day 2-7. I feel spaced out & every morning I wake up & want to stop taking the meds because of how I feel. I am not like "myself" BUT, I didnt like myself to begin with, I suffered from panic attacks that last for days on end with only relief from Xanax. I would have anger outbursts towards the ones I love the most. Now, although my world feels off balance, I have noticed less anger and more smiling. I am going to stick with it for another week, even though I know tomorrow I will want to stop again. Just hope side effects lessen.

August 23, 2011 9:41 AM

Review by Daycareprovidingmomof2:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: On day one, I noticed a calmness come about me. Now I'm on day 6 of 20 mg and still calm but, not emotionless. I love that I'm not quick to anger anymore. I am having minor panic attacks however. The doctor said it may take a full 6 weeks to feel the full effects. I was having serious panic attacks at night in my sleep and those have gone away. I keep clenching my jaw, that started on day 2. I am really tired like I've taken a Benadryl and I have to nap or I wont make it to bedtime. I am enjoying life much more though and I'm seeing all of the things I missed because I couldn't relax or enjoy the moment. I have two months of pills and then the doctor wants to see me so hopefully shes not going to pull me off. I feel like a new woman.

August 18, 2011 10:06 AM

Review by JSSR:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I have been on Paxil for 10 years with no side effects. Great to relieve anxiety and depression. I recently had to take predisone and it has thrown everything out of whack. The doctor increased my Paxil by 10 MG. Been on the increased dose for 16 days and have not seen a great improvement. I hope and pray it kicks in soon this raises my dose to 30 MG from 20 that I was on for all those years.

August 3, 2011 12:13 PM

Review by Ash00000:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: Generalized anxiety disorder - 22 year old male. Paxil did help with my anxiety however, it made things seem more dull. The things I used to enjoy became boring. I stopped taking it after 2 months. I'm now starting Effexor XR. No other side effects.

August 1, 2011 11:58 AM

Review by ballsy:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I took this medicine in college and it really did help with the incessant worrying. However, it made me a careless pleasure seeker who engaged in risky and unproductive behavior. Needless to say I received a 0.0 GPA the one semester I took it. I did enjoy my time however and still have fond memories but know now that I have too many lazy tendencies to take this medicine.

July 30, 2011 4:30 PM

Review by Tisha317:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I was on Paxil for a month. I noticed a significant difference the first two weeks and then went back to my usual, on edge self, after that. Now, I'm trying Celexa. I know I need to take something. I'm just not sure which one it is. My doctor brought up Viibryd at my doctor's visit.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2011 10:09 AM

Review by Joe D.:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I took Paxil for 5 years following the death of my father. I suppose I've always felt moderately uncomfortable in size able groups and after my dad passed I was also very down in the dumps. Paxil helped immediately and made me way more sociable than ever before. I had confidence to say what I wanted to say and clearer thoughts than I've ever had. I've now been off for 4 months and am struggling again with the same issues. I've tried turning to herbal remedies like rhodiola, St johns wort, 5-HTP, and fish oil. Together they make me feel alright I guess but it's just not the same. If it weren't for the sexual side effects, I wouldn't hesitate to get back on Paxil but I'd like to get my wife pregnant soon so this is not an immediate option.

July 22, 2011 9:32 PM

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Paxil not only helped with panic attacks, it cured me of my fear of heights! The down side was the 40 pound weight gain over 3 months (exercise didn't help). Vivid dreams and it took over 40 minutes to achieve orgasm (no complaints from the wife!)

July 21, 2011 8:23 PM

Review by Opalgirl:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I am 23 years old and I have been taking Paxil since I was 11. It has worked extremely well for me over the years and I have had little to no problems with my OCD. When I was 17 I tried to go off the medication (with the help of my doctor) and it was extremely hard. I became really depressed and had horrible headaches and nausea. I decided to go back on the medication because it wasn't the right time in my life to deal with so much stress. FYI, if I skip/ forget a pill I get really bad nausea and I tend to bruise and scar very easily. If you are looking for something to treat your OCD this might be the medicine for you.

July 2, 2011 8:10 PM