User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 9)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

Depression 141 reviews 79 medications

7.1
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 643 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I love Paxil but I have to say I have pur on weight being on it and I have the most horrible vivid nightmares where I can't wakeup. I think it works great for anxiety but I think maybe this medicine has stopped working because I've been on it so long it has improved my life for the better but I'm thinking of changing now cause it just doesn't do the same for me anymore."

Ashleyyy January 6, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil is better than other medicines I have taken for my anxiety by far. But, there are flaws with it. Being forgetful, I forget to take my medicine sometimes, and if I forget, I will get sick due to withdrawal. I am also a very skinny person and a picky eater already, and with taking Paxil, I have an extreme loss of appetite. Eating to me is now a chore and my body will not tell me when I am hungry until I go into shock due to malnutrition. But, all of this is worth it to get rid of my terrible anxiety. It is extremely worth it."

CoreyTheFemale (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Suffered from Panic Attacks and some depression because of the panic attacks as I was unable to get back to work for three months. Paroxetine has always worked for me without too much side effect. The first few weeks a little nauseous but then it passed as I got use to it (I started with 20mg and now on 10mg). The only drawback is that I've put on weight (one stone extra in the last 7 years but I would rather be a little overweight and well in my head). I've tried to stop on two occasions in the last 7 years by gradually going down to 5mg and then less and then nothing. On both occasion my body reacted well for about 6 months and then out of nowhere I started to have panic attacks again each time. I've decided to keep taking 10mg."

Frenchy69 December 31, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "There is a lot of other reviews that I have read that sums a lot of it up. Yes, you will most likely experience yawning, nausea, and headaches at first. It does go away! At first I also noticed a change in my sex life. I could still get in the mood but found it near impossible to orgasm. Also, with sleep, I did feel tired for a bit, but I think it was because I experienced trouble sleeping at first. I found some things that helped fix some of this: I went from 20mg to 10mg a day. I took it right after breakfast. This one is important! Exercise! I started running again and I found that it had an extremely positive effect and it went well with the medication. A lot of the jitters I got at first went away, it helped me sleep better, and more!"

EmilyN19 December 28, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "Had surgical menopause and started this two weeks before surgery. I am now two weeks past surgery and have not experienced a single hot flash or any other menopause symptom. I sleep great and feel much more calm. It did make me tired for the first week and have brain fog, but that passed."

Shachar December 28, 2014

For Hot Flashes: "Increased to 30mg. And big improvement. It took 7-8 weeks to help but usually 1-2 hot flashes per day, no night sweats anymore. Love the calming effect. No other side effects. Just waiting for them to stop all together."

blue devil (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Waking up with negative thoughts and anxiety mostly in the morning, most of my life. Due to major problems at work, Dr gave me Zoloft and the like--- all were HORRID. Finally heard about Paxil, got on it, and the days all became sunny, with birds singing outside, even in winter. Was on it (20mg I think) for more than 8 years. The ONLY downside was major loss of sexual interest. Perhaps the dose was too high. Easily weaned off of it 2 years ago, over 1 month, without problems, except that the anxieties are back. At age 70, I may go back on it."

HateDamnRobotText December 24, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I have been on Paxil now for about 10 years. My dosage was 20 milligrams for a long time. Within the last two months I was feeling emotionless. I finally went to my doctor today and described my feelings to her. She changed my dosage to 40 milligrams. I feel better already! If it wasn't for Paxil I would be a basket case like I was before I went on it. I no longer have panic attacks and very little anxiety now. For those who are having a bad experience with Paxil...don't give up. You may need a different dosage or an entirely different antidepressant. Mental fragility is nothing to take lightly. Keep asking for help until you get it. Good luck to all of you."

drkatie2 December 22, 2014

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been on Paxil for 3 days and I honestly can say I've been sleep mostly. Jaws are clicking. But I feel calm .. I hope it works out for Me. I also started meditations so I've been real spaced out. I can barely live my life with my anxiety. I will definitely post in 2 weeks with my progress."

sassymel (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking Prozac after failing to be able to deal with some traumatic events happening in my life over an extended period of time. The Prozac made me quite shaky and left me with a feeling of extreme nervousness. I kept imagining flying off my balcony (for real). My doctor said it was very rare to have this sort of reaction. I hired a therapist. I switched doctors. I was prescribed Paroxetine. It made me feel normal again. If you have a bad reaction to Prozac, don't be afraid to let your doctor know. People react differently to medicines, even when they're supposed to be close to the same thing."

BreeB December 12, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "First of all, I never realized that I had OCD until I told my doctor I couldn't sleep because I couldn't control my thoughts. I thought OCD only manifested itself in physical rituals. Paxil has literally saved my life. It broke a 14 year cycle of racing, uncontrollable thoughts/insomnia/anxiety/depression. I have been taking Paxil for 15 years now."

Sharub (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2014

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "Been taking paxil for years. Started having hot flashes and they continue, Paxil has not effect on them."

cotton100 December 10, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My anxiety sky rocketed while on this medication so much that my doctor prescribed Xanax. I was terrified and unable to sleep for more than a couple hours."

StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Paxil was the first antidepressant I was put on when I was first diagnosed with depression roughly a year and a half ago. While it did stop the suicidal thoughts, the side effects were just not worth it for me. It made me tired ALL THE TIME. And not just kind of sleepy. It was more like I could get a full nights rest, wake up, and not half an hour later feel so exhausted that if I laid down on the ground I could take a nap right there. It also took away my ability to orgasm. I'm a 21 y/o (20 at the time) college girl who is a pretty sexually open person. So to say I was not down to never have another orgasm while on it would be a huge understatement. Did work, but not worth the side effects."

Redhead0893 December 6, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Paxil for over 20 years. I always hoped something better would come along, i.e., without side effects of weight gain and dry mouth. I have most of my back teeth crowned and have lost a few and have implants. It's a choice. Nothing is benign, but I have found this is the only medication that I can tolerate, and it does help. So, I guess I will stick it out and see. Good medication, not so good side effects. "

Johnnie4 (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "This was the only medicine I could take and didn't have a care or worry in the world."

luck1313 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 29, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "The only reason I am giving this medication a '9' is because I'm my 5th week in and I've feel better than I did before taking the medication. I would say in my 3rd to 4th week I started feeling better and to my old self. Don't get me wrong...I still had moments of anxiety and stress, but nothing like it used to be. Recently, I've been preparing for a CT Scan and I think it's caused my anxiety to spike again. I'm staying positive and trying to face the reality that my worry is the cause of the anxiety. I know the full effect with Paxil doesn't kick in until 3 months and I am going to stay on it to benefit from it. Like I said, it's been a tremendous blessing, but still got a hill to climb. It's most important to face our problems head-on."

OnlyAMemory (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was on 10mg of Paxil for the first time in my life and it increased my anxiety so bad I missed work went off and I felt good for a week now I'm back to feeling bad and missing more work. I might try Prozac but very nervous."

babyface714 November 23, 2014

For Hot Flashes: "Amazed that this is working so well for me & so quickly. I've been suffering from horrible hot flashes (2 per hour) of everyday for 8 years now. I noticed relief from Paxil in 2 days. I couldn't believe it. Like many, I've tried EVERY THING imaginable for some relief, (to avoid the dangers of HRT). Now night sweats are down to 1 per night at most (compared to 5 per night). All I do is wash sheets, night clothes & pillows. Only problem with the Paxil is how groggy I feel the next day. Now I'm taking it a few hours before bed now hoping this will help. After 3 days I think this is helping some. Won't stop trying to make this medicine work."

Teyha November 18, 2014

For Hot Flashes: "This is very helpful to reduce hot flashes and sweat and I am very grateful. Highly recommended."

alex o November 10, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "It really works!!! But I gained 14 pounds"

SJM87 November 9, 2014

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Prozac and Paxil have saved my sanity."

Lucia1999 (taken for less than 1 month) November 7, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I have been taking this for 6 -7 months. It works good for me but when I miss 1 or 2 days my mood it's really high. I will fight or yell, but when I take it to cool down it works. I was 147lbs when I started it and now I'm 127lbs. I have lost a lot and I'm happy. I eat a lot but when I do eat its just a little. Sometime I even forget to drink or eat anything on this pill but I like it as long as I take it everyday I'm happy."

l3x (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 26, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been depressed with major social anxiety for over five years. I've always been scared to try any medication. Lately it's been unbearable. I have too much social anxiety that I can't even sit through job interviews or simple things like going shopping alone. I'm 25 and have been on Paxil for less than a month. The first two weeks were bad. I'd wake up at odd hours of the night and be wide awake. I'd feel like puking throughout the day along with being very drowsy. Don't worry. It does subside. I feel like going out more and I'm not too worried as I usually am about people judging me or looking at me. I participate in small talk with strangers. I am free to go out without worrying. I'm content."

MissJulia October 26, 2014

For Anxiety: "I have only been on this medication for 3 days. I have had really bad nausea, however I can't believe the difference I feel so quickly. I am about to be a father and I'm really hoping that this medicine will work for me as I haven't had any luck taking other anti depressants. I got to the point where I didn't want to go to work and I would make excuses but actually it was because I was too scared, working as a teacher for young children this would surely brighten anyone's day. I am writing this review so early because last night I had some problems that would usually put me in a terrible state, however I was fine. I have had problems sleeping however as it has only been a very short while I hope these symptoms will disappear soon."

Jsimpsontw (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014