User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 39 medications

Depression 119 reviews 75 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 499 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I had anxiety with panic attacks since 10 years ago, treated with Xanax as needed. When my father got ill the stress level was so high Xanax was not working well. Paxil 5mg daily changed my life and no side effects. After 1 year in 10 mg works better."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 6, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My anxiety is pretty bad to the point it makes me feel ADHD, depressed and overall anxious. It's not that I dread or fear anything, it feels more like I'm in a constant panic attack, defensively bad mood! Then came Paxil and my life did a complete 180. I still have ADHD but as soon as I notice it acting up I'm able to laugh it off, stop, and reorganize to get back on track. I don't feel helpless or sad anymore. This runs on both sides of my family but more so on the maternal side. I "got better" so I stopped cold turkey. Do not do this. It is absolutely horrific and I experienced some of the worst silent panic attacks ever! Meedless to say, I am back on it and will never come off it again!"

Mega B without Paxil (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 3, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I am 41 and have had all manner of anxiety for most of my life. Usually this worsens as my self esteem drops. I have taken it twice in the past, once for about 3 years, and recently for about a year. I stopped taking it almost 8 months ago and I just went back on it yesterday. 20mgs and yesterday was the worst I ever remember feeling. Headache, restlessness, dry mouth (flu like symptoms), and I ate only because I needed to. I was not hungry. Couldn't sleep last night so I took 50 mgs of diphenhydramine and slept well. Today I feel much better! I am cutting to only 10mgs for a week and then back to the 20mgs. I have to say that when you are calling out from your job and afraid to go in stores, like myself, this medicine works!"

jmoney70 July 1, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I've been on Paxil for 5 years and it helped my Panic Attacks 100%. The good thing is that I can cope with the tremendous amount of stress I am under at work and home with my special needs son. I was going to a Naturopathic Physician and the natural remedies worked for a while and then stopped. I couldn't sleep much for four months and kept jumping out of my sleep with massive panic attacks. I started out on 10 mg and now cut my pills in half (5 mg) and it keeps me panic free. The negative side effects are sexual performance, weight gain and I feel the medicine is aging me. I now have occasional head shaking that upsets my wife. She wants me to get off this and I tried to a couple of times with renewal of panic attacks."

Paxiladdict June 24, 2013

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I was prescribed Paxil 10mg for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I've been taking it for two weeks and I feel so much better! It also helps with my social anxiety as well. I feel calmer, centered and more assertive. It makes me less emotional and somewhat experience "flat effect" which could be bad in certain situations. In first two days I felt very nauseated and couldn't eat and lost 5 pounds however I noticed my appetite has increased and I'm watching my weight! So far so good. (Note: SSRI's works differently on pre-menstrual women and improvements is seems in the very first cycle at least in my case)."

LilyMiami June 18, 2013

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started using it a week ago and within 4 days it felt like the dark cloud surrounding me lifted. My circumstances are exactly the same, I can just handle it better and now start working on issues. It saved my life."

Coulditbe June 13, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I was on Paxil for PTSD, social anxiety, and depression. It worked wonderfully for me and all my issues. However, I ran out over the weekend and had to wait until Monday to see the doctor and get my prescription filled. The problem with Paxil is it leaves your body in 25 hours. So 25 hours after your last dose TERRIBLE withdrawals kick in. I felt so angry for absolutely no reason. I got ready in the morning and broke my hair dryer, straightener, and brush. While waiting in the doctors office I felt like I was going to scream, cry, or assault random people in the waiting room. So that is what Paxil withdrawal was like for me. None of this is normal for me. When I'm in a low point I usually just feel sad and extremely anxious about being around people."

Cat on Ice (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 10, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I've been through several medicines including Abilify, Zoloft, clonazepam, Seroquel, Ativan, and several others. and this medicine it the most wonderful of all of them. With Paxil I feel so calm and just even toned. Is it possible something actually can work. I'm thinking genius! I can't thank you enough."

Tikitalons (taken for less than 1 month) June 6, 2013

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I am trying to increase my Paxil dosage from 20 mg to 30 mg. I started in February and it still hasn't kicked in. Doctor gave me Clonazapem 3-1/2 months ago and it helped, but I stopped cold turkey per the doctor and I have been dealing with withdrawal side effects since then. Hopefully, Paxil will fully take effect soon. Each day is a struggle and it has wore me down waiting on the Paxil. I don't intend on taking any new medications if I can help it."

dc1530 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have had bad social anxiety from a very young age. It has affected my ability to obtain and maintain employment. I have tried Zoloft also, but it did not work near as well as Paxil does for me. Since taking Paxil, I have been working a new job for two months. I only give it a 9 because of the minor side effects, which I have been able to find a way around anyway. If your social anxiety is so bad that it affects your ability to support yourself, I would recommend Paxil. I am on 20mg. When I was taking 30mg the side effects were enough to make me switch to Zoloft for a while, but 20mg of Paxil is working great for me."

working lady (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Nothing worked for my anxiety attacks except Paxil; my quality of life improved significantly with this."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) May 31, 2013

For Anxiety and Stress: "Been taking 20 mg of paroxetine for almost ten years. It was my family that noticed that it was working first. I was much calmer, didn't lose my temper as easy and was just happier! I had dry mouth for a few months when I first started taking it, but that's gone. I still have problems sweating and I still need extra caffeine in the morning to get going, but it's a small price to pay for having a happier, calmer life! I'm so thankful that I found this medicine, and that for $20 I can get three months worth! Good luck to everyone dealing with depression don't give up, and don't be scared to talk to a doctor about your concerns."

Best by far!! (taken for 10 years or more) May 22, 2013

For Hot Flashes: "This works great for hot flashes! I never have them during the day anymore and not more than one at night when I first lay down. Also calms anxiety without any side effects that I can see."

SkyeRyder May 20, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I had taken Paxil when I was younger and it worked wonders with my depression and social disorder. However, this time around it is different, but still better with than without. My husband has been on it for close to 5 years. He used to be so angry all the time about everything, this helped him. It helped us because I am a person who does not do well with yelling and arguing. He did try to stop a few months back and it was terrible because his aggressiveness and irritability was off the wall, scarey. His mood swings came on quick and he realized he was better off staying on the Paxil. We are both on 40 mg a day. "

CuriousCass2012 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 19, 2013

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I know its working but I have really bad breath. Never before have I had a problem with that but know I cannot eat enough mints. I will take that side effect because I feel 100% better."

finabr May 19, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I had been placed on depression pill upon depression pill and I seemed to be on an emotional roller coaster, then I was put on 20 mg Paxil. I have been on it now for almost four years and it has helped me through some down times. I was able to get through it the past years and am so grateful for it."

Lola Bella May 17, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil has been very helpful with my anxiety, I'm not so tired and am much happier. The only bad thing I have to say about it is if you miss 2 days or more of it- it has the worst side effects I requested a refill to late (so it was my own fault) but I got shocking feelings in my head and finger tips I was light headed all the time and there were a few day I would wake up from a nights sleep and automatically start crying for no reason. I'm still on it and intend on still using it. Just make sure there's no room for cold turkey off of Paxil"

Brandi Mae May 16, 2013

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "The first few days were hard for me, very groggy and giggly, and my husband says I was totally useless but I was smiling, and then the fog lifted. It doesn't make the problems in your life magically vanish, but instead of freaking out over everything, I now only get upset when a "normal" person would, I now have healthy natural reactions to things. I can deal with my problems. I don't see problems in everything, everywhere. Aropax changed not only my life drastically but the lives of everyone who cares about me."

Hells Bells (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2013

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was angry all the time and feeling like crap about living with my parents well into my 40s. After trying Viibryd and getting no relief (@ $150 a month) my doctor switched me to a generic paroxetine ($10 a month) and I couldn't be better. I'm happy most of the time and things which once set me off now no longer phase me. With Ambien to help me sleep, Paxil has made life not just livable but enjoyable."

Drewdove May 9, 2013

Pexeva (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I was diagnosed with anxiety and depression. I take a combination of Seroquel and Pexeva, the two have had a substantial benefit to my condition. I used to be unable to function out in public and private, now I feel more at ease with myself, free going, and less worrying. The side effects however, are very noticeable. Pexeva often makes me feel drowsy and impotent. Its effects have made it harder to focus on everyday work due to it making me feel more relaxed. However I feel that the amount of relief it has given me is outstanding."

Bradley (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 1, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I started Paxil last week. First pills I've taken my whole life, I'm 24. It appears to be working. The 5th day I felt really up beat and good! So far I'm satisfied. No panic, anxiety or depression."

Some guy May 1, 2013

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been taking this for not only general anxiety but also for social anxiety, panic, and depression. My head must have needed this because I noticed a euphoric feeling after taking my first 10mg dose; within 15 minutes. Of course it won't get rid of the problems that plague you. But on a strictly how your head feels basis, for me this is a great medicine. I can relate to horror stories as I experienced those with Zoloft. Paxil makes me a little more comfortable in social settings and improves the quality of life in general. I'm a guy and it does diminish libido but I have managed to accept that."

paxil10yrs (taken for 10 years or more) April 27, 2013

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "When I started Paxil 7 months ago I was clinically depressed. I had panic attacks that would come several times a day and my body was always tense. I had Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I was wrecked after an emotional trauma. My brain was on overdrive. Within the first 2 months on Paxil I kept a journal blogging symptoms and changes and after a while I realized I stopped writing altogether. I would always write when I was sad. The medicine kept being more effective as time went on but I eventually got a dose upage from 20mg to 30mg. I have never felt so happy, ever."

RenewedAgain (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2013

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil has helped me out immensely. At first I was really scared to try it because I was reading tons of bad experiences online, but then I decided I needed to do it. Well when I first started it I had a few side effects like the speedy feelings, the restlessness, the lack of appetite, and lack of sex drive and orgasm. Now I have been on them for 2 months and it is working out so great! I have not had any really bad side effects, and the ones that were there when I first started taking it are gone. This medicine has made my life so much more bearable and worked out great for me!"

Haley22 April 16, 2013

158 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "About 6-8 weeks ago my doc prescribed 10 mg paxil (Now up to 20 mg) & 0.25 Xanax. The first few weeks I was very, very fatigued! But since I was depressed, I was okay with sleeping the rest of the day after returning home from school. I did experience headaches, nausea, increased anxiety (Xanax helped alleviate anxiety). Within the last 2 weeks, I haven't taken Xanax, my anxiety has dramatically decreased! Depression has also decreased. A few months ago I was scared to leave the house, be around people, an emotional wreck, no motivation to work out. Now I'm happy to go to school, exercise, and be social again. Keep praying and hang in there! "

Hope4u (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 15, 2013

173 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 ...6 7 8 9 10 ...Next