User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 3)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 39 medications

Depression 134 reviews 77 medications

7.2
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 598 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "PROS: relieved GAD symptoms, rested better at night, generally in a better mood most of the time. CONS: gas, bloating, erectile dysfunction. Stopped taking the med 10 days ago and the withdrawal symptoms are awful! vertigo, electric shock sensations throughout my body, dizziness, mood swings etc. coming off this is like trying to break a coke addiction. antihistamines help with the vertigo,.5 mg of klonopin helps with mood swings. L-TYROSINE AND P-5-P helping also to control symptoms. find an alternative medication. Dr will not tell you how hard it is to get off this crap."

Worst DRUG ever! November 4, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I am on Paxil for 10 years and I can't live without it"

Phurriz November 3, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Seroxat (Paxil) has been amazing for my anxiety so far. I started at 10mg and am now at 30mg. It started to work at 20mg, though I felt a slightly higher dose would be beneficial, and it was. I may step up to 40mg, though I am aware that the additional benefit onto 30mg is minimal, especially considering it is beginning to show beneficial effects. I was previously taking Lustral (Zoloft) at the maximum dose of 200mg, and although it helped my depression immensely, the effect on my anxiety was minimal. Paxil is rather the opposite. Because social anxiety is my main issue, I much prefer Paxil, though if it were depression I would choose Zoloft. I have been on Paxil for over 2 months."

xDan123 October 31, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have had anxiety for over 40 years and I never thought I would feel like this. Paxil has help me a lot and I wish I had taken if earlier. It help me with my anxiety being about 80% less. I'm not as compulsive now. I lost 20 pds because I was not as anxious and eating all the time."

Roy2 October 27, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "Paroxetine has really helped me. It has served me really well for some years now and I have not experienced any serious side effects even though I have quit the drug a couple of times for some months. I had panic attacks and was depressed and anxious. After I had taken paroxetine for some weeks everything changed. From being stuck with worry,anxiety and depression on and off for several years, one morning, all of a sudden I felt joy and life became so much easier to live. I find it so odd that this drug seems to work in so many different ways for different people. For some it seems to create hell, and yet for me I´m inclined to say the opposite. It may not have created heaven but at least it has given me my good life back!"

zyx112 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 26, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've been taking Paxil since I was 9 years old. I'm now 19. Paxil has changed for the best. As a child I missed 4 months of school because I was so scared and nervous, I would puke until my parents told me I didn't have to go then I would instantly feel better. I tried in middle school to stop taking Paxil but I became scared, nervous, and edgy. It has just given me a little balance and control over myself, I'm very thankful for Paxil and that medication has come so far and has offered neurological help and relief to those who need it"

John.' October 23, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Has changed my entire life. Only side effect is delayed orgasm"

sjayyyyyyyyy October 20, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Worked great for anxiety. I was calling 911 thinking I was dying that's how bad it was. I tried a bunch of SSRI's. Paxil suppressed all my feelings which took the anxiety away. But made me impotent Not a good result for me."

Ericlh100 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Paxil for a year now. I can honestly say overall it works wonders for my anxiety and stress. However, the weight gain is too much for me to deal with. It is difficult to lose weight on Paxil. I am going to be changing meds soon. If you have no weight issues to begin with or not self conscious of weight gain, give it a try. This medication is great for its intended purposes."

Daydreaming (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I love brisdelle! Hot flash and sweating relief, no side effects, no personality changes. Very happy this is available. Lifesaver!"

Tigra October 15, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I was givin paxil by my doctor, and It works wonders. It is rare that I even feel most anxiety, and I haven't had an attack in months. I've been on it a couple years and have yet to feel it stop working. BUT, do not take this if you aren't willing to have a long time commitment with it. One thing the doctor won't tell you about straight up is the withdrawal. I've tried to come off of paxil, out of frustration mostly at the withdrawal effects, and all I can describe it as is a living hell. Confusion blurred vision, brain zaps, vertigo, nausea, depression, increased anxiety, etc. Not for the faint of heart. If you can, go with something else."

Linds mcc October 14, 2015

For Anxiety: "My doctor started me on paroxetine about 6 weeks ago. In the last year i have known i was unhappy, stressed, suffering from panic attacks and felt myself being tired, frustrated, and unable to sleep. My mind would just not stop running! By the end of a work day i was so exhausted and grumpy i would hide in my bed blocking out the world. My kids never understood why i was how i was. Since starting on paroxetine i have become the person i used to be ! Im happy, energetic and sleeping much better! I dont need a nap in the afternoon anymore and once again love my job! Ive had no side effects!"

desertsfox October 12, 2015

For Depression: "I used this medication for a solid 10 years, and it effectively dealt with my anxiety and depression; however, it made me very tired and I required a great deal more sleep than other people I knew. Weight gain and sexual side effects abounded, but I felt so good mentally that I was able to ignore this for a long time. This cut my obsessive thoughts out completely. I decided to wean off when I was trying to lose weight for my health and it just wasn't coming off. The weaning is a b*tch, and I weaned over several months' time, using liquid fluoxetine to come down incrementally. However, once I was entirely off the medication, my anxiety and depression came back with a vengeance."

armitage74 October 12, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been taking Paxil for 8 days and have been experiencing horrific nightmares gettin worse each night. I'm done with this script for sure"

Ave2468 October 10, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Postpartum Depression: "Paxil has been great. Within less than a week I was feeling better than I have felt in a long time. I have OCD, anxiety issues, PTSD and postpartum depression and Paxil has helped me see a light. I can enjoy my baby girl and life again! I haven't experienced any of the side effects it says you experience."

Anonymous October 7, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I take Paxil 50mg for PTSD, OCD, anxiety and depression. No drug is a "wonderdrug" but for me, Paxil has been a life saver. No more night terrors, no more shaky hands and sweats. I have been able to function more normally than I have in years. No side effects that bother me."

sanchez_squared (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 7, 2015

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: "It was pretty efficient. within 3 months i had been out of my acute depressive episode, and full of life i hadn't experienced any increase in apetite as i was warned, and in fact it helped with my IBS a lot I was started on 25mg/day then 37.5mg/day for around 8 months after which I sought my doctor for Mania symtpoms i was experiencing very talktative, juggling thoughts, very rapid tone and rush of ideas when speaking, and most importantly insomnia!! anyhow, we had to emergency stop it, 25mg for 3 weeks then 12.5mg for one and then nothing WORST experience in the world it's very physically debilitating: nausea/ dizziniess/ wierd feeling ON my head had to take xanax to combat the withdrawal symptoms, couldnt leave the house for 2 mnoths!"

hibz September 22, 2015

For Depression: "I have been on Paroxetine for a month now and I can say it has helped my depression and anxiety a lot. It stopped all of my suicidal and unhappy thoughts. The only negative thing I have to say is it causes me to have headaches."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 21, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have taken paxil since 1995 after having a nervous breakdown. I also weaned myself off of paxil for 13 months in 2000 so that I could get pregnant. In 2001 I experienced post postpartum depression with no anxiety and went back on the paxil. Paxil is best suited for patients with Anxiety and MDD. It is a very potent SSRI. On dealing with the side effects: Weight gain can be prevented with proactive exercise. Constipation can be prevented by diet, suppository etc Sexual side effects can be reduced by reducing the amount of paxil prior to sex (cut your dosage in half that day). SAD can be minimized by adding vitamin B12 in the fall and winter."

nrcanada (taken for 10 years or more) September 19, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "First antidepressant I tried after my first panic attack (which eventually turned into GAD based depression). This med didn't seem to help at all. Made me super somnolent yet I couldn't sleep without the aid of a benzo. My brain just felt overactive. First time I took it was for about 2 and 1/2 weeks, hated how I felt, got off and was fine. Second time, a few months later, feelings came back. I decided to try this one more time. Again, worse sleep and just made me feel super disconnected and tired all the time. Mind you, I originally tried at night and after no success with sleep, switched to morning. After a month, I stopped it. It wasn't helping at all. Heard this is most sedating of SSRI's but wasn't for me."

Brett84 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I have always felt like something was wrong for as long as I can remember. I think my depression is just normal to me and I've probably been depressed for many years without even knowing, just a feeling that something isn't right. A failed relationship a while back, heightened my realisation that something is wrong and the pain of losing someone close was like a final straw for me. I guess it might be true that everyone comes into your life for a reason, even if it is only meant to be for a short time. After countless months and days googling and doing tests online, trying to figure out what might be wrong with me, I finally got the courage to go see my doctor. After a few visits, he prescribed me Paxil and thinks this might help get me on the right track. You see my depression isn't the usual in that I try to go about my daily life as normal as I can, it's called walking or smiling depression. Behind it all though, I'm crippled with self doubt, negative thoughts, anxiety and constant feeling of sadness. I feel guilty a lot, distance myself from my family and friends regularly and sometimes feel so down I cry for what seems like no reason at all. I put on brave face to people and go about daily life as best I can, but behind the mask I am suffering. I never really felt like I fit in and it's like I have to try to act to be happy in every day situations. It's hard to describe, but it's almost like I'm standing behind my shadow. I always look at other people and wonder what it's like to be just happy. I could never bring myself to telling anyone how I really felt, I guess it's only the last year or so that I became more aware and really accepting that something isn't right. It's been so long that I have felt this way, I really don't know what normal is anymore. I have lost 2 girlfriends largely due to my low self esteem and low confidence finally taking its toll on the relationship, it's like I just expected them to leave, who would want to stay with a loser like me is how I portrayed myself to them.. That's probably the hardest pill to swallow through all this. I know if I was mentally stronger, I could have held on to something good. I know I have it in me to go change my life around. Everybody sees it in me, but I feel trapped in my own body and mind. I have a lot of trouble concentrating and I seem to always be so indecisive about what action to take. I guess I'm wondering what I can expect from taking Paxil. I know I'm the only one who can physically make changes, but can I expect to regain some self confidence and motivation, energy etc? I really don't know what to expect from this drug and am apprehensive about what it can actually do for me. I guess part of me just wants to try do everything by myself, but I really don't want to waste another second of my life. I feel like I haven't properly lived for at least the last 5 years of my life. Thank you for reading."

Kenadams00 (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2015

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Hot Flashes: "I've been experiencing Hot Flashes for sometime now. My Dr. put me on Brisdell. This medicine did absolutely nothing for me!!"

To Hot Mama (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "My Dr recently increased my dose of Paxil adding 10 mg. it has made a significant difference in the amount and severity of my hot flashes. Every day I could easily have 15 and at night sometime 10. It has been a week so far and the daily have reduced to somewhere between 5 and 8. And at night approximately 5. I am grateful for the slight relief."

Hot Star (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have taken Paxil since 1999. I have tried other drugs of the same type and nothing works for me like Paxil does. I've used different does throughout the years, as I've been fortunate enough to have doctors who listen to me and recognize that in this regard, I know my needs. Specifically, I stopped taking Paxil when I was pregnant with my son ten years ago. After his birth, I did not resume because I wanted to breastfeed. My post-partum depression was deeper than anything I could have expected. Paxil brought me back to life. Five years ago, I took it throughout another pregnancy with no side effects to my child. I often say that Paxil saved my life, and I mean that very literally."

Rebecca KSparrow September 10, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have been taking Paxil since 2001, when I was in college and age 21. I have always been an anxious person. My anxiety was probably partly biological or genetic and partly learned from my anxious parents. In 2001 my anxiety became very bad. For the first time in my life I was having panic attacks and became agoraphobic. I was hardly eating. I was also suicidal. A doctor at my college put me on 60 mg of Paxil daily and 1 mg of Ativan three times a day. I also began seeing a psychologist and a psychiatrist. After about half a year I was able to decrease the Paxil to 50 mg per day and the Ativan to once a day. The combination of Paxil and Ativan saved my life! My anxiety decreased tremendously and I felt so much better!"

AnnieInFlorida (taken for 10 years or more) September 10, 2015