User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 39 medications

Depression 120 reviews 76 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 506 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Hot Flashes: "I started having hot flashes seven years a go after chemotherapy put me into menopause at the age of 44. The hot flashes were happening every one to two hours ever day and were strong. I am not allowed to take HRT so assumed I was just going to have to live with it. Last month my Dr. Told me about this drug and prescribed 10 mg daily. On day one I had no hot flashes. Since then I might have one a day but the severity is drastically reduced. Often I go all day without having one. It is life changing. The only side effect is maybe a little bit of tiredness, but nothing severe. I'll take the trade off. Give it a try, it may be just what you have been hoping for."

gretchr February 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I've been on Paxil for a few days now, I can already begain to feel it calming me down and controlling my attacks, seems each day I'm getting a bit better. I hope within the next two weeks it completely eliminates them like it has for so many others. Only time can tell I guess, just wanted to say that it is actually working and making me feel better so if you are suffering like I have my whole life (I'm now a 23 year old male) please look into this. This is the only thing I have found to actually do anything for me whatsoever. Don't live your life terrified you going to have a panic attack infront of people and fear losing your friends and life because of it. Make this move and talk to your doctor about Paxil."

Will1322 February 14, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "My hot flashes has reduced tremendously. Initially, I thought it was not working until I stopped taking it. When I went back on the meds I have been almost normal. I am pleased"

harvco February 13, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "This really does work. I've never been more confident and happier. Even my family and friends said something has changed. I also don't get as nervous in intimate situations. Give it a try if you're skeptical."

ktttt (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Made me feel like I was floating. Lasted 12-18 hours after each dose. I had to stop it to function at all."

ugene1234 February 7, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I had anxiety all of my life and I didn't even know it until 2012 and Paxil change my life and now I'm back to my old self. And I only took it for to months thanks for my doctor given it to me."

tokei (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "Anxiety attacks. Started on 10mg of paroxetine. Felt a small change, only side affects were diarrhea, dizzy but it went away after about a month. Increased anxiety led me to up dose to 20 mg. I feel amazing now. I can say my thoughts of death have disappeared. I feel happy again, taking one day at a time. DONT keep suffering! Get help"

Anxiouschic February 2, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I have had anxiety all my life but refused medications. I had my second child in 2013 and had post partum depression & anxiety attacks really bad November of the same year. I tried Lexapro but I had a bad reaction to it. My depression, panic attacks got so bad that I quit cold turkey. I went on a few more months without meds, just cried a lot, prayed and one day while in church I had the worst panic attack ever. I thought I was going to die and the thought of leaving behind children made me scared. I decided I have suffered TOO long and I was going to get on medication. My doctor started me on 10 mg of Paroxetine, I had dizziness, increased panic attacks but a low dose Valium helped. I upped dose to 20mg& what a difference! I feel joy again."

NervouswreckMe January 23, 2015

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Made my depression and anxiety worse. Caused more instances of suicidal ideation."

KateisGrate January 19, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Works great for my anxiety. Have experienced some negative side effects such as terrible night sweats and "highs and lows"."

Erica0812 January 19, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I had my first anxiety attack when my oldest son was 2 years old & ended up in the ER. My doctor prescribed Paxil & it really helped. I've been on it for about 16 years now..even took it when I was pregnant with my second child. The only side effect I've really had is weight gain."

Anonymous January 18, 2015

For Anxiety: "This is my second time on paroxetine after suffering with severe panic attacks and depression, I was a complete wreck but had to do something quickly! I tried all the self help programmes as well but nothing worked! The doctor put me on another medicine first (sertraline). I was in a state after 3 weeks and severe insomnia, weight loss due to no appetite! So I decided to go back to paroxetine. I started on 5mg and slowly went up to 20mg over about 5 weeks, I'm now feeling so much better, this medicine has helped me get back to my old self and I'm thankful for that! I'm in the UK so don't pay insurance."

Clancabell (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I love Paxil but I have to say I have pur on weight being on it and I have the most horrible vivid nightmares where I can't wakeup. I think it works great for anxiety but I think maybe this medicine has stopped working because I've been on it so long it has improved my life for the better but I'm thinking of changing now cause it just doesn't do the same for me anymore."

Ashleyyy January 6, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil is better than other medicines I have taken for my anxiety by far. But, there are flaws with it. Being forgetful, I forget to take my medicine sometimes, and if I forget, I will get sick due to withdrawal. I am also a very skinny person and a picky eater already, and with taking Paxil, I have an extreme loss of appetite. Eating to me is now a chore and my body will not tell me when I am hungry until I go into shock due to malnutrition. But, all of this is worth it to get rid of my terrible anxiety. It is extremely worth it."

CoreyTheFemale (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 6, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Suffered from Panic Attacks and some depression because of the panic attacks as I was unable to get back to work for three months. Paroxetine has always worked for me without too much side effect. The first few weeks a little nauseous but then it passed as I got use to it (I started with 20mg and now on 10mg). The only drawback is that I've put on weight (one stone extra in the last 7 years but I would rather be a little overweight and well in my head). I've tried to stop on two occasions in the last 7 years by gradually going down to 5mg and then less and then nothing. On both occasion my body reacted well for about 6 months and then out of nowhere I started to have panic attacks again each time. I've decided to keep taking 10mg."

Frenchy69 December 31, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "There is a lot of other reviews that I have read that sums a lot of it up. Yes, you will most likely experience yawning, nausea, and headaches at first. It does go away! At first I also noticed a change in my sex life. I could still get in the mood but found it near impossible to orgasm. Also, with sleep, I did feel tired for a bit, but I think it was because I experienced trouble sleeping at first. I found some things that helped fix some of this: I went from 20mg to 10mg a day. I took it right after breakfast. This one is important! Exercise! I started running again and I found that it had an extremely positive effect and it went well with the medication. A lot of the jitters I got at first went away, it helped me sleep better, and more!"

EmilyN19 December 28, 2014

For Hot Flashes: "Had surgical menopause and started this two weeks before surgery. I am now two weeks past surgery and have not experienced a single hot flash or any other menopause symptom. I sleep great and feel much more calm. It did make me tired for the first week and have brain fog, but that passed."

Shachar December 28, 2014

For Hot Flashes: "Increased to 30mg. And big improvement. It took 7-8 weeks to help but usually 1-2 hot flashes per day, no night sweats anymore. Love the calming effect. No other side effects. Just waiting for them to stop all together."

blue devil (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 28, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Waking up with negative thoughts and anxiety mostly in the morning, most of my life. Due to major problems at work, Dr gave me Zoloft and the like--- all were HORRID. Finally heard about Paxil, got on it, and the days all became sunny, with birds singing outside, even in winter. Was on it (20mg I think) for more than 8 years. The ONLY downside was major loss of sexual interest. Perhaps the dose was too high. Easily weaned off of it 2 years ago, over 1 month, without problems, except that the anxieties are back. At age 70, I may go back on it."

HateDamnRobotText December 24, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I have been on Paxil now for about 10 years. My dosage was 20 milligrams for a long time. Within the last two months I was feeling emotionless. I finally went to my doctor today and described my feelings to her. She changed my dosage to 40 milligrams. I feel better already! If it wasn't for Paxil I would be a basket case like I was before I went on it. I no longer have panic attacks and very little anxiety now. For those who are having a bad experience with Paxil...don't give up. You may need a different dosage or an entirely different antidepressant. Mental fragility is nothing to take lightly. Keep asking for help until you get it. Good luck to all of you."

drkatie2 December 22, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been on Paxil for 3 days and I honestly can say I've been sleep mostly. Jaws are clicking. But I feel calm .. I hope it works out for Me. I also started meditations so I've been real spaced out. I can barely live my life with my anxiety. I will definitely post in 2 weeks with my progress."

sassymel (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2014

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I started taking Prozac after failing to be able to deal with some traumatic events happening in my life over an extended period of time. The Prozac made me quite shaky and left me with a feeling of extreme nervousness. I kept imagining flying off my balcony (for real). My doctor said it was very rare to have this sort of reaction. I hired a therapist. I switched doctors. I was prescribed Paroxetine. It made me feel normal again. If you have a bad reaction to Prozac, don't be afraid to let your doctor know. People react differently to medicines, even when they're supposed to be close to the same thing."

BreeB December 12, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "First of all, I never realized that I had OCD until I told my doctor I couldn't sleep because I couldn't control my thoughts. I thought OCD only manifested itself in physical rituals. Paxil has literally saved my life. It broke a 14 year cycle of racing, uncontrollable thoughts/insomnia/anxiety/depression. I have been taking Paxil for 15 years now."

Sharub (taken for 10 years or more) December 11, 2014

For Hot Flashes: "Been taking paxil for years. Started having hot flashes and they continue, Paxil has not effect on them."

cotton100 December 10, 2014

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My anxiety sky rocketed while on this medication so much that my doctor prescribed Xanax. I was terrified and unable to sleep for more than a couple hours."

StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2014