User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 2 reviews 40 medications

Depression 104 reviews 75 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 5 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Major Depressive Disorder 0 reviews 44 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 380 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Paroxetine

Review by nonfunctuable (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: Before I started taking Paxil CR I felt I couldn't function when Dr started me at a small dose until he found the right dose for me to take, and then I felt normal again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 23, 2013 2:04 AM
Review by Jpat: User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I started Paxil 6 days ago. I get married next month and my job switched me to sales. I couldn't take the stress- I went to the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack, to find out it was anxiety. I've had chest pains, palpitations, obsessive nail biting and chewing. I couldn't take it any more. I've used 3 vacation days up just because of anxiety. Also I'm a 27 years old. Since I've started Paxil I've had a lot of side effects that I didn't associate with the medicine right away. I have trouble urinating even when I have to go badly. I've had short term memory loss like forgetting my work number, I feel hungover and dizzy, blurred vision, shakes, nausea, and inability to reach orgasm.

July 22, 2013 9:58 PM
Review by lockerbie: User Rating:

paroxetine for Anxiety and Stress: I've been on paroxitine 20mg now for 3 days. I'm 27 years old who was heading for a breakdown, my nerves were terrible to the stage I could not cope with life, crying all the time, so far I am very irritable, feeling sick, tired, and just not feeling myself, but I am so much better! I am calm, I can laugh now, I honestly feel this can work. It's only been 3 days and I myself see an improvement, so hang in there. Don't read the negatives or you'll never take it or get better.

July 17, 2013 12:59 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Depression: HUGE weight gain! From 135 lbs up to 205 lbs and there didn't seem to be any way to lose the weight. I am not an eater, or a snacker, if anything I can't manage breakfast and I eat a healthy sandwich for lunch and can only manage 1/2 the meal that my husband eats at night. For me, depression = loss of appetite.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 14, 2013 9:25 PM
Review by Sammy3217: User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I finally feel like I'm balanced now that I have been taking Paxil. Life before Paxil was not life. I have suffered from anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder since I was 8. I didn't start Paxil until I was 34 because of a divorce, but it truly has cured me. I no longer feel anxious, depressed, and the racing thoughts have diminished. I feel normal and rational. I do get very sleepy though while on Paxil, and I have found exercise to help combat that side effect. I don't know how my life would've turned out if I had been on this medicine a long time ago. I owe my life to this medicine.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 13, 2013 11:40 AM
Review by Billybob3: User Rating:

paroxetine for Anxiety and Stress: After a divorce and years of denial in dealing with my anxiety I finally tried Paxil. That was over 10 years ago overall I think it has helped a lot. I only recently was raised to 20 mg from 10 because of a return of my anxiety. I hope it helps so I don't need to change medicines.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 12, 2013 7:02 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I had anxiety with panic attacks since 10 years ago, treated with Xanax as needed. When my father got ill the stress level was so high Xanax was not working well. Paxil 5mg daily changed my life and no side effects. After 1 year in 10 mg works better.

July 6, 2013 9:39 PM
Review by Mega B without Paxil (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: My anxiety is pretty bad to the point it makes me feel ADHD, depressed and overall anxious. It's not that I dread or fear anything, it feels more like I'm in a constant panic attack, defensively bad mood! Then came Paxil and my life did a complete 180. I still have ADHD but as soon as I notice it acting up I'm able to laugh it off, stop, and reorganize to get back on track. I don't feel helpless or sad anymore. This runs on both sides of my family but more so on the maternal side. I "got better" so I stopped cold turkey. Do not do this. It is absolutely horrific and I experienced some of the worst silent panic attacks ever! Meedless to say, I am back on it and will never come off it again!

July 3, 2013 8:09 PM
Review by jmoney70: User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I am 41 and have had all manner of anxiety for most of my life. Usually this worsens as my self esteem drops. I have taken it twice in the past, once for about 3 years, and recently for about a year. I stopped taking it almost 8 months ago and I just went back on it yesterday. 20mgs and yesterday was the worst I ever remember feeling. Headache, restlessness, dry mouth (flu like symptoms), and I ate only because I needed to. I was not hungry. Couldn't sleep last night so I took 50 mgs of diphenhydramine and slept well. Today I feel much better! I am cutting to only 10mgs for a week and then back to the 20mgs. I have to say that when you are calling out from your job and afraid to go in stores, like myself, this medicine works!

July 1, 2013 10:38 AM
Review by Paxiladdict: User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: I've been on Paxil for 5 years and it helped my Panic Attacks 100%. The good thing is that I can cope with the tremendous amount of stress I am under at work and home with my special needs son. I was going to a Naturopathic Physician and the natural remedies worked for a while and then stopped. I couldn't sleep much for four months and kept jumping out of my sleep with massive panic attacks. I started out on 10 mg and now cut my pills in half (5 mg) and it keeps me panic free. The negative side effects are sexual performance, weight gain and I feel the medicine is aging me. I now have occasional head shaking that upsets my wife. She wants me to get off this and I tried to a couple of times with renewal of panic attacks.

June 24, 2013 7:09 PM
Review by LilyMiami: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: I was prescribed Paxil 10mg for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder. I've been taking it for two weeks and I feel so much better! It also helps with my social anxiety as well. I feel calmer, centered and more assertive. It makes me less emotional and somewhat experience "flat effect" which could be bad in certain situations. In first two days I felt very nauseated and couldn't eat and lost 5 pounds however I noticed my appetite has increased and I'm watching my weight! So far so good. (Note: SSRI's works differently on pre-menstrual women and improvements is seems in the very first cycle at least in my case).

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 18, 2013 1:43 PM
Review by Coulditbe: User Rating:

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I started using it a week ago and within 4 days it felt like the dark cloud surrounding me lifted. My circumstances are exactly the same, I can just handle it better and now start working on issues. It saved my life.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 13, 2013 3:28 AM
Review by Cat on Ice (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I was on Paxil for PTSD, social anxiety, and depression. It worked wonderfully for me and all my issues. However, I ran out over the weekend and had to wait until Monday to see the doctor and get my prescription filled. The problem with Paxil is it leaves your body in 25 hours. So 25 hours after your last dose TERRIBLE withdrawals kick in. I felt so angry for absolutely no reason. I got ready in the morning and broke my hair dryer, straightener, and brush. While waiting in the doctors office I felt like I was going to scream, cry, or assault random people in the waiting room. So that is what Paxil withdrawal was like for me. None of this is normal for me. When I'm in a low point I usually just feel sad and extremely anxious about being around people.

June 10, 2013 6:25 PM
Review by Tikitalons (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: I've been through several medicines including Abilify, Zoloft, clonazepam, Seroquel, Ativan, and several others. and this medicine it the most wonderful of all of them. With Paxil I feel so calm and just even toned. Is it possible something actually can work. I'm thinking genius! I can't thank you enough.

June 6, 2013 12:31 AM
Review by dc1530 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: I am trying to increase my Paxil dosage from 20 mg to 30 mg. I started in February and it still hasn't kicked in. Doctor gave me Clonazapem 3-1/2 months ago and it helped, but I stopped cold turkey per the doctor and I have been dealing with withdrawal side effects since then. Hopefully, Paxil will fully take effect soon. Each day is a struggle and it has wore me down waiting on the Paxil. I don't intend on taking any new medications if I can help it.

June 3, 2013 11:21 AM
Review by working lady (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I have had bad social anxiety from a very young age. It has affected my ability to obtain and maintain employment. I have tried Zoloft also, but it did not work near as well as Paxil does for me. Since taking Paxil, I have been working a new job for two months. I only give it a 9 because of the minor side effects, which I have been able to find a way around anyway. If your social anxiety is so bad that it affects your ability to support yourself, I would recommend Paxil. I am on 20mg. When I was taking 30mg the side effects were enough to make me switch to Zoloft for a while, but 20mg of Paxil is working great for me.

June 1, 2013 10:58 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: Nothing worked for my anxiety attacks except Paxil; my quality of life improved significantly with this.

May 31, 2013 4:39 PM
Review by Best by far!! (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

paroxetine for Anxiety and Stress: Been taking 20 mg of paroxetine for almost ten years. It was my family that noticed that it was working first. I was much calmer, didn't lose my temper as easy and was just happier! I had dry mouth for a few months when I first started taking it, but that's gone. I still have problems sweating and I still need extra caffeine in the morning to get going, but it's a small price to pay for having a happier, calmer life! I'm so thankful that I found this medicine, and that for $20 I can get three months worth! Good luck to everyone dealing with depression don't give up, and don't be scared to talk to a doctor about your concerns.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 22, 2013 12:12 AM
Review by SkyeRyder: User Rating:

paroxetine for Hot Flashes: This works great for hot flashes! I never have them during the day anymore and not more than one at night when I first lay down. Also calms anxiety without any side effects that I can see.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 20, 2013 3:20 PM
Review by CuriousCass2012 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I had taken Paxil when I was younger and it worked wonders with my depression and social disorder. However, this time around it is different, but still better with than without. My husband has been on it for close to 5 years. He used to be so angry all the time about everything, this helped him. It helped us because I am a person who does not do well with yelling and arguing. He did try to stop a few months back and it was terrible because his aggressiveness and irritability was off the wall, scarey. His mood swings came on quick and he realized he was better off staying on the Paxil. We are both on 40 mg a day.

May 19, 2013 10:40 PM
Review by finabr: User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I know its working but I have really bad breath. Never before have I had a problem with that but know I cannot eat enough mints. I will take that side effect because I feel 100% better.

May 19, 2013 8:57 AM
Review by Lola Bella: User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: I had been placed on depression pill upon depression pill and I seemed to be on an emotional roller coaster, then I was put on 20 mg Paxil. I have been on it now for almost four years and it has helped me through some down times. I was able to get through it the past years and am so grateful for it.

May 17, 2013 11:10 AM
Review by Brandi Mae: User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: Paxil has been very helpful with my anxiety, I'm not so tired and am much happier. The only bad thing I have to say about it is if you miss 2 days or more of it- it has the worst side effects I requested a refill to late (so it was my own fault) but I got shocking feelings in my head and finger tips I was light headed all the time and there were a few day I would wake up from a nights sleep and automatically start crying for no reason. I'm still on it and intend on still using it. Just make sure there's no room for cold turkey off of Paxil

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 16, 2013 10:53 PM
Review by Hells Bells (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: The first few days were hard for me, very groggy and giggly, and my husband says I was totally useless but I was smiling, and then the fog lifted. It doesn't make the problems in your life magically vanish, but instead of freaking out over everything, I now only get upset when a "normal" person would, I now have healthy natural reactions to things. I can deal with my problems. I don't see problems in everything, everywhere. Aropax changed not only my life drastically but the lives of everyone who cares about me.

May 10, 2013 10:21 AM
Review by Drewdove: User Rating:

paroxetine for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I was angry all the time and feeling like crap about living with my parents well into my 40s. After trying Viibryd and getting no relief (@ $150 a month) my doctor switched me to a generic paroxetine ($10 a month) and I couldn't be better. I'm happy most of the time and things which once set me off now no longer phase me. With Ambien to help me sleep, Paxil has made life not just livable but enjoyable.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate