User Reviews for Paroxetine

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 3 reviews 39 medications

Depression 122 reviews 76 medications

7.2
Body Dysmorphic Disorder 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysthymia 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Intermittent Explosive Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Somatoform Pain Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Trichotillomania 0 reviews 3 medications Not rated - Be the first
Vulvodynia 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 520 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paroxetine

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on this medicine for a week and a half now and I have regained my life back! The first 4 days on it are hell, but if you just hold on through it, you will notice a world of difference. I can wake up in the mornings feeling like my old self again and go through the day without feeling scared or hyped up. I would definitely recommend it."

Ss868 (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "This drug had some terrible side-effects: loss of sex drive, appetite increase (gained 40pds), and I was falling asleep all of the time. I could also drink staggering amounts of alcohol but never feel very drunk. Paxil also made me unemotional to other people's needs - flattening my personality. Best thing I ever did was get off this drug; eventually curing myself of the anxiety that was causing dizzy spells."

Anon88 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for 6 days and to date my severe hot flashes has diminished tremendously. I am so grateful for this relief."

Mahilia25 March 18, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Paxil literally saved my life. I have been on Paxil since I was 26 and I am now 40. Out of the blue, I started having severe panic attacks. My psychiatrist gave me paxil. From that day forward, I have not had any panic attacks. The only reason I gave this medication a 9 out of 10 is because, I gained almost 100 lbs on it. I have since lost 50 lbs. It is a great medication for panic disorder; however for depression, I would take something else."

Pizota (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on Paxil for 18 years now. Within the last seven years I have developed severe muscle tightness. I go to massage Thearapist and chiropractor every two weeks... This helps sometimes other times I'm still in pain. I'm going to see a rheumatologist next week who thinks it's I might have an immune disorder since I was just diagnosed with raynauds in my toes. Paxil has helped my anxiety but sometimes I feel like I have no emotions and don't react to things that I should be. Which is good and bad. Take care of yourself if you're not feeling well see if a different medication works are different alternatives!! It just took me 18 years."

Sore girl :/ March 17, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I have had difficulty with hormonal depression which is why I thought it was prescribed. It stopped my night sweats immediately, now 17 days in, my depression is a little worse. Feeling sad and tired. Not for me but enjoyed the relief from night sweats while it lasted."

57andcounting! (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "My experience has been a positive one, the start up of this drug was a little difficult to get through but after about 8 weeks, wow. I noticed that certain scenarios that would cause obsessive thoughts and anxiety were not happening as frequently and if they did I let them go easily. I began little by little to be brave again and it feels great. I am very sleepy but once I get started it's fine and have increased sweating which is a pain but a lot better than how I was before I started."

Lea28 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "My experience has been a positive one, the start up of this drug was a little difficult to get through but after about 8 weeks, wow. I noticed that certain scenarios that would cause obsessive thoughts and anxiety were not happening as frequently and if they did I let them go easily. I began little by little to be brave again and it feels great. I am very sleepy but once i get started it's fine and have increased sweating which is a pain but a lot better than how I was before I started."

Lea28 March 13, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I've been on Paxil 10mg for 18 years, I used to have severe panic attacks and general anxiety disorder. This has helped me live my life, anxiety is a debilitating sickness that interferes with everything you do in life, but only the people who have it can understand that, I recommend it to anyone who has anxiety."

Jesussavior74 March 6, 2015

145 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Paxil has changed my life for the better. I am 39 years and up until a mobth ago I had been dealing with major social and personal anxiety along with bipolar depression and agoraphobia. I had been prescribed a variety of prescription medications by different doctors over the years until last month by chance a new doctor (a general practitioner) suggested Paxil. It has now been a month and I am a whole new person. I have full of confidence and clear thinking. My thought process is in a positive direction and I'm constantly looking for was to improve my mind, body and spirit. I now have a new job after being on SSI for 4 years I thought I would go to my grave on government assistance. PAXIL SAVED MY LIFE!!!"

Molly F. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 6, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I have been on Paxil for 3 weeks. Previously I was on Lexapro and it worked well, however, I wanted to quit smoking, so was switched to Paxil. I have noticed I am sleeping all night through without getting up at 2 or 3 am and staying up the rest of the night. I do however have the vertigo, but, I have suffered from vertigo for 20 years so I cannot actually attribute that to the Paxil. I also have the appetite loss! I can only eat 1/3 of what I ate previously. So far, so good. I have no problem taking a med for my depression, no different than a heart condition, just much harder to treat! Hoping it keeps going good!"

kmspots March 5, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on Paxil for 20 years. I raised my daughter alone while on this medication, and I thank God for it! In 20 years I've had one serious episode, my doctor added Risperidone to my regimen for a few weeks. This helped level me out again. I am happy to report, I believe Paxil saved my life!"

pongyi (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I was wondering why I had irregular bowel movements for quite some time. I went to Dr. after Dr. explaining my symptoms (constipation, bloating, back pain, dark stool.) Most of them thought I had IBS or an allergy to gluten. I had these symptoms from 2009 till recently. After some thought I decided to switch my medication. My Psychologist wrote me a new prescription and I started to ween of the paxil. 2 weeks into my new medication schedule I started to feel 1000 times better! I go to the bathroom daily now just as a healthy person should. In fact, it seems like my body is trying to make up for lost time. Needless to say, Paxil I feel is the cause of my extreme constipation."

7mike3 March 3, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I am beyond furious. Not only did Brisedelle live up to its promise of eliminating night sweats and hot flashes, they failed to mention (as did my doctor) about the side effects when stopping them. After 5 months of taking it, I decided it wasn't working for me. Now, I am left with what I have discovered are "Brain Zaps". There are other ways to help with these symptoms. "

Hot and bothered February 27, 2015

For Hot Flashes: "I started having hot flashes seven years a go after chemotherapy put me into menopause at the age of 44. The hot flashes were happening every one to two hours ever day and were strong. I am not allowed to take HRT so assumed I was just going to have to live with it. Last month my Dr. Told me about this drug and prescribed 10 mg daily. On day one I had no hot flashes. Since then I might have one a day but the severity is drastically reduced. Often I go all day without having one. It is life changing. The only side effect is maybe a little bit of tiredness, but nothing severe. I'll take the trade off. Give it a try, it may be just what you have been hoping for."

gretchr February 15, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I've been on Paxil for a few days now, I can already begain to feel it calming me down and controlling my attacks, seems each day I'm getting a bit better. I hope within the next two weeks it completely eliminates them like it has for so many others. Only time can tell I guess, just wanted to say that it is actually working and making me feel better so if you are suffering like I have my whole life (I'm now a 23 year old male) please look into this. This is the only thing I have found to actually do anything for me whatsoever. Don't live your life terrified you going to have a panic attack infront of people and fear losing your friends and life because of it. Make this move and talk to your doctor about Paxil."

Will1322 February 14, 2015

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "My hot flashes has reduced tremendously. Initially, I thought it was not working until I stopped taking it. When I went back on the meds I have been almost normal. I am pleased"

harvco February 13, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "This really does work. I've never been more confident and happier. Even my family and friends said something has changed. I also don't get as nervous in intimate situations. Give it a try if you're skeptical."

ktttt (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 8, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Made me feel like I was floating. Lasted 12-18 hours after each dose. I had to stop it to function at all."

ugene1234 February 7, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I had anxiety all of my life and I didn't even know it until 2012 and Paxil change my life and now I'm back to my old self. And I only took it for to months thanks for my doctor given it to me."

tokei (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2015

For Anxiety: "Anxiety attacks. Started on 10mg of paroxetine. Felt a small change, only side affects were diarrhea, dizzy but it went away after about a month. Increased anxiety led me to up dose to 20 mg. I feel amazing now. I can say my thoughts of death have disappeared. I feel happy again, taking one day at a time. DONT keep suffering! Get help"

Anxiouschic February 2, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I have had anxiety all my life but refused medications. I had my second child in 2013 and had post partum depression & anxiety attacks really bad November of the same year. I tried Lexapro but I had a bad reaction to it. My depression, panic attacks got so bad that I quit cold turkey. I went on a few more months without meds, just cried a lot, prayed and one day while in church I had the worst panic attack ever. I thought I was going to die and the thought of leaving behind children made me scared. I decided I have suffered TOO long and I was going to get on medication. My doctor started me on 10 mg of Paroxetine, I had dizziness, increased panic attacks but a low dose Valium helped. I upped dose to 20mg& what a difference! I feel joy again."

NervouswreckMe January 23, 2015

Paxil CR (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "Made my depression and anxiety worse. Caused more instances of suicidal ideation."

KateisGrate January 19, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Works great for my anxiety. Have experienced some negative side effects such as terrible night sweats and "highs and lows"."

Erica0812 January 19, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I had my first anxiety attack when my oldest son was 2 years old & ended up in the ER. My doctor prescribed Paxil & it really helped. I've been on it for about 16 years now..even took it when I was pregnant with my second child. The only side effect I've really had is weight gain."

Anonymous January 18, 2015