User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 3)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

Depression 141 reviews 79 medications

7.1
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 651 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paroxetine

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for 1 year. Hot flashes are mostly gone, I have one occasionally usually in the morning. I ran out and my DR had written prescription for 1 year. I had to call and wait 4 days for the refill. Holy cow was I miserable and within 2 days the flashes were back full force. I am back on it. I do have joint pain in my ankles in the morning, not sure if its the drug or not but interesting others have the joint pain. I also am struggling to lose weight when it used to be so easy, Brisdelle to blame or menopause or both. Its a good drug and does what it says for me. I will continue taking it. By the way I have a coupon from their website and only pay $25 a month for it. It is costly w/no coupon."

Coco68 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 16, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Been having anxiety since 15 and was always prescribed Paxil since it always worked great for me. Decided to get off of it thinking I was good to go and just this past xmas I got all my anxiety back after being off the pill for almost year. I'm 25 and decided to try something diff just because if I wanted to get pregnant and they gave me lexapro. I can tell you lexapro has helped but is nothing like Paxil nor as quick as Paxil. Definitely going to ask for Paxil back again when I see my doc next week. I've been on lexapro for 5 weeks today."

Sonyarez09 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 11, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "Have been on Brisdelle for over 9 months for hot flashes, helped considerably. I would be soaking wet, that doesn't happen anymore. Had to get new insurance, they won't cover Brisdelle but will cover paxil so my Dr. has put me on 10 mg. So far so good, hot flashes are 3-5 daily but really very mild, maybe the extra 2.5 mg will help my mood. :)"

Cabogrl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 8, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I suffer from debilitating panic attacks. Just 10 mg of Paxil works wonders. I've tried almost every SSRI out there, but Paxil is the only one that works. Nothing else can touch my panic."

Cat65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Overall I'd say it worked for a bit. Not sure if I should have had my dosage increased when the side effects started back up, or if it was because I messed up my scheduling for taking it. It put my anxiety through the roof. More anxiety than I'd ever had naturally. I got it mostly for depression/possible bipolar, and it worked for the most part until the side effects kicked in, save for the random swells of depression that wouldn't last for more than two hours but felt so much worse than the stable depression I've had for years. I'd recommend it for someone who's better at keeping appointments than I am."

Briana H. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Have tried many antidepressants. This has been absolutely terrible. Worst side effects I have ever experienced. Feels like I have the flu...very disappointed"

jv2345 February 1, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I was put on this for 4 months. A lot of the panic attacks went down but more stress was added. The side effects for me were easier bruising, nausea, fatigue, migraines and etc. It caused me to skip school a lot, and I got behind so it added more and more anxiety and was not worth it. I recommend no medication and therapy for social anxiety, and to help stomach aches and headaches us tiger balm and gin-gins (you can buy them at Whole foods stores"

Social Anxiety User February 1, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil has become my latest drug to combat frontal traumatic brain injury (tbi). benzo drugs works good. but they thought they were addicting. well just look up all the people that have tried to quit paxil!!!. Its a nightmare. In my opinion these drugs should be banned to treat people with TBI!!!. If you want to take a drug and later it quits working, what are you going to do? good luck because TBI sucks and there is nothing besides benzo drugs that help. I have had mild TBI for 36 years. Don't let them get you on paxil. I think its bad but don't believe only me - look on the iternet before you take them. I sure wish i did!!!. Good luck its the worst thing I have ever had to deal with. "

miltary January 31, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Started 20mg of paxil 3 weeks ago after coming of effexor. At the moment I get a lot of anxiety throughout the day & sweating. Hope this starts to go soon as its still very early days."

minnie58 January 31, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Hello My story is after 30 years of panic attacks low self-esteem My Dr put me on 60 mg paroxtine a day. 6 months later I fell pregnant my Dr kept me on the same dosage I then moved found a new Dr whom got me to 10 mg per day. When my son was born he had terrible withdrawal stomach cramps among other things. From the age of 3 he started play group the teachers noticed that he was different to the other kids. My son is now 13 he has Autism among other things I do blame my medication for all this."

Gypsy71 (taken for 10 years or more) January 30, 2016

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for the past 6 months to help with hot flashes. However, I have had these chronic problems since taking this medication. I have tremors, eyes are sensitive to light, seizures, biting my tongue during the night while sleeping so severe that I have to get up because the blood is so profuse. I also am dizzy all the time, and feel like I am whirling around and unstable while sitting, lying down, or walking about. It has taken me almost 2 months and thousands of dollars to figure this out on my own. I have been to the endocrinologist to see if I have a tumor, neurologist due to the seizures, dentist, ENTSpecialist, Chiropractor, a Neuro-Opthamologist, and my primary care physician and no one has been able to help me"

Scottishlass718 January 30, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "This med works great I had a lot of anxiety and hard time dealing with work, kids and my wife. I am totally in control now and can deal with a lot more issues at once...great results"

police officer with family January 29, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Paxil is making me calmer, but not lessening depression. However, I only have been on it one week. I will give it more time. Side effects are fatigue, weight gain, and headache. I feel that this drug would be best for someone with aggression. I also take 1 mg Klonopin which is also sedating. Paxil and alcohol don't mix well."

wannabbetter (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Took Paxil for 1 year (at the end was taking 50mg a day) for severe anxiety, OCD and PTSD. It was a life saver. Stopped crying so easily, stopped yelling at my kids, stopped being so moody. After about 6 months I noticed I was not laughing anymore, no sex drive, weight gain. I stayed on it. When I hit the year mark I decided I wanted to get off of it. I told my doctor and she suggested staying on it. Nope. I quit taking it. I took 2 days of 40mg, 2 days of 20 mg, 2 days of 10th and then nothing. 3 days after that I thought I would die. Chills, extreme nausea, sweating, hysterical crying or laughing, Twitching in my arms in legs, weird noises in the back of my head. I thought I was going crazy. Decided to go back on Paxil. 20 mg."

C. Sanchez (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was on paxil 40mg for 13 years and decided ( like an idiot ) that I didn't need it anymore, withdrew from the paxil and it was hard!!! 3 months later was in a whirlwind of emotion, anxiety, panic, and fear!!! Didn't leave my house for 4 months!!!! I used to go to the beach to destress all of the time, couldn't even do that! Went to Dr, and he tried me on lexapro, effexor, and prozac, horrible 3 months of my life with all the side effects! Finally decided myself to go back on paxil! Within a months time I'm back to working 2 jobs, my family is more happy, I AM WAY LESS STRESSED, and the anxiety is 3/4 gone!!!! Please if anyone fighting with stress and anxiety or panic take the paxil!!! I did great for me both times"

Hopeful900 January 25, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I started Paxil 15 years ago after a stroke. Lately felt maybe it's not as effective my Dr switched me to 40 mg of celexa same as my Paxil. After six days on the new one I felt like I was having problems with weakness on one side and felt like I didn't have long to live etc. so got myself into a big panic attack. Back on Paxil for now feeling better."

Josie671 January 25, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I took it for a week and could fall asleep at the drop of a hat...and I couldn't afford to being like that. If you had to work all day all week and sometimes be up during the night. Paxil may work for some, but made me WAY to drowsy. My psychiatrist switched me over to 100mg Zoloft and while that was somewhat better, she also put me on a 150mg Wellbutrin (zoloft Wellbutrin commonly called "Welloft"). Paxil was no good to me and quite possibly the worst to get off of."

OCD+GAD+PDD (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi All Just starting my second day on Paroxatine and all I can say so far was that yesterday (my first day) was hell.... Very strange and uneasy and also very nervous . Hope today gets better.. Bye."

Steve. (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Paxil saved my life!! After marriage breakup and 3 children, a newborn and loss of home I went from 60kg to 44kg in 3 months, I couldn't eat or function. Started paxil, 1 month later woke up and felt fantastic, like I could conquered the world, got a job, had baby in day care, sold my car which I used for a house deposit, went for loan, success!! The kids are happy, studied achieved Bachelors degree, ALL WITH THE HELP OF PAXIL!!, please give this wonder drug time to work, took me 1 month and changed my life. Still on Paxil 10 years later and doing well in life, what a miracle drug, where would I have ended up without Paxil..."

paxillover (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 21, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "This medication has been extremely helpful to me. 7 months ago, I developed IBS, which made me very nervous about my stomach. I slowly became nervous about everything, not knowing that my anxiety was more than just " little worries." I was afraid to go to important events, thinking something bad could suddenly happen to me all the time. My mother was noticing these changes in my personality, so then made me go to a therapist. That was when I was suggested to be put on Paxil. I was afraid to take Paxil, but when I was finally forced to, I noticed changes within a week with just 5mg. I moved up to 10mg, and everyone could see changes in how I acted everywhere. I am currently still on 10mg, but even a little can do a lot, even for you!"

KA2353 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have tried most SSRIs and some SNRIs. Paxil was indeed the most effective for me with my anxiety symptoms. By now you have probably read the horror stories on the internet about coming off of it. Indeed this happened to me. It was horrible. I went off of it because I thought I was better and ended up off of work because my symptoms got so bad. This was because I was being followed by a GP who did not know about discontinuation syndrome (early 2000s). However, I wouldn't write this drug off necessarily. After the discontinuation hell I experienced I was referred to a psychiatrist who used the taper to Prozac method to get me off of Paxil.This method worked for me. Hope this may help someone to know about it."

upatreereadingabook (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I was diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder three years ago. I have tried ever antidepressant out there. None ever gave me relief except for paxil. I truly credit paxil for saving my sanity, and stopping most of my panic attacks. Although I still have anxiety from time to time, it is nothing I can't manage. I've been taking 40 mgs of paxil for about 9 months. I finally feel like my normal self again."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder and heart disease. Insomnia from hot flashes will make lower my seizure threshold. Once I had the heart attack hormone therapy became out of the question. My doctor prescribed 20 mg of Paroxetine. Within days the frequency and intensity of my hot flashes diminished. In addition, I am more relaxed than I have ever been in my life. The downside is if you miss a dose the hot flashes come back with force!"

Luna Moody (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Was on this tablet for 11 years and it changed my life. Foolishly reduced the dose 6 months ago to prepare to come off them and have relapsed. Back on them 10 days now and waiting for them to kick in. Wish I'd stayed on them now - they literally saved my life."

Blondie50* January 11, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I'm 21 years of age and up to now, I've been taking 20 mg for the past 9 months. Since I was 16 or so I've suffered from, at least in the beginning what some may call 'smiling' depression, and what followed was chronic depression in my 20s. At 17-18 years of age I participated in cognitive behavioural therapy (coping mechanisms). I suffered frequent panic / anxiety attacks, suicidal thoughts, etc. 19-21 went to college. Chronic depression hit hard and they put me on 20 mg Paxil. I have never felt better in my life. Usually it is difficult to realise when one is in such a state, and now that I can see things "clearly", I've excelled in school and in other social conditions. In Europe, the Gov't produces Paxil without a brand name. Cheap."

Lily-Rose January 11, 2016