User Reviews for Paroxetine (Page 3)

Also known as: Brisdelle, Paxil, Paxil CR, Pexeva

Learn more about Paroxetine.

Trichotillomania 1 reviews 3 medications

Depression 141 reviews 78 medications

7.1
Summary of Paroxetine reviews 642 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Paroxetine

For Panic Disorder: "Hello My story is after 30 years of panic attacks low self-esteem My Dr put me on 60 mg paroxtine a day. 6 months later I fell pregnant my Dr kept me on the same dosage I then moved found a new Dr whom got me to 10 mg per day. When my son was born he had terrible withdrawal stomach cramps among other things. From the age of 3 he started play group the teachers noticed that he was different to the other kids. My son is now 13 he has Autism among other things I do blame my medication for all this."

Gypsy71 (taken for 10 years or more) January 30, 2016

Brisdelle (paroxetine) for Hot Flashes: "I have been taking Brisdelle for the past 6 months to help with hot flashes. However, I have had these chronic problems since taking this medication. I have tremors, eyes are sensitive to light, seizures, biting my tongue during the night while sleeping so severe that I have to get up because the blood is so profuse. I also am dizzy all the time, and feel like I am whirling around and unstable while sitting, lying down, or walking about. It has taken me almost 2 months and thousands of dollars to figure this out on my own. I have been to the endocrinologist to see if I have a tumor, neurologist due to the seizures, dentist, ENTSpecialist, Chiropractor, a Neuro-Opthamologist, and my primary care physician and no one has been able to help me"

Scottishlass718 January 30, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "This med works great I had a lot of anxiety and hard time dealing with work, kids and my wife. I am totally in control now and can deal with a lot more issues at once...great results"

police officer with family January 29, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Paxil is making me calmer, but not lessening depression. However, I only have been on it one week. I will give it more time. Side effects are fatigue, weight gain, and headache. I feel that this drug would be best for someone with aggression. I also take 1 mg Klonopin which is also sedating. Paxil and alcohol don't mix well."

wannabbetter (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "Took Paxil for 1 year (at the end was taking 50mg a day) for severe anxiety, OCD and PTSD. It was a life saver. Stopped crying so easily, stopped yelling at my kids, stopped being so moody. After about 6 months I noticed I was not laughing anymore, no sex drive, weight gain. I stayed on it. When I hit the year mark I decided I wanted to get off of it. I told my doctor and she suggested staying on it. Nope. I quit taking it. I took 2 days of 40mg, 2 days of 20 mg, 2 days of 10th and then nothing. 3 days after that I thought I would die. Chills, extreme nausea, sweating, hysterical crying or laughing, Twitching in my arms in legs, weird noises in the back of my head. I thought I was going crazy. Decided to go back on Paxil. 20 mg."

C. Sanchez (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 27, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I was on paxil 40mg for 13 years and decided ( like an idiot ) that I didn't need it anymore, withdrew from the paxil and it was hard!!! 3 months later was in a whirlwind of emotion, anxiety, panic, and fear!!! Didn't leave my house for 4 months!!!! I used to go to the beach to destress all of the time, couldn't even do that! Went to Dr, and he tried me on lexapro, effexor, and prozac, horrible 3 months of my life with all the side effects! Finally decided myself to go back on paxil! Within a months time I'm back to working 2 jobs, my family is more happy, I AM WAY LESS STRESSED, and the anxiety is 3/4 gone!!!! Please if anyone fighting with stress and anxiety or panic take the paxil!!! I did great for me both times"

Hopeful900 January 25, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I started Paxil 15 years ago after a stroke. Lately felt maybe it's not as effective my Dr switched me to 40 mg of celexa same as my Paxil. After six days on the new one I felt like I was having problems with weakness on one side and felt like I didn't have long to live etc. so got myself into a big panic attack. Back on Paxil for now feeling better."

Josie671 January 25, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I took it for a week and could fall asleep at the drop of a hat...and I couldn't afford to being like that. If you had to work all day all week and sometimes be up during the night. Paxil may work for some, but made me WAY to drowsy. My psychiatrist switched me over to 100mg Zoloft and while that was somewhat better, she also put me on a 150mg Wellbutrin (zoloft Wellbutrin commonly called "Welloft"). Paxil was no good to me and quite possibly the worst to get off of."

OCD+GAD+PDD (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi All Just starting my second day on Paroxatine and all I can say so far was that yesterday (my first day) was hell.... Very strange and uneasy and also very nervous . Hope today gets better.. Bye."

Steve. (taken for less than 1 month) January 24, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "Paxil saved my life!! After marriage breakup and 3 children, a newborn and loss of home I went from 60kg to 44kg in 3 months, I couldn't eat or function. Started paxil, 1 month later woke up and felt fantastic, like I could conquered the world, got a job, had baby in day care, sold my car which I used for a house deposit, went for loan, success!! The kids are happy, studied achieved Bachelors degree, ALL WITH THE HELP OF PAXIL!!, please give this wonder drug time to work, took me 1 month and changed my life. Still on Paxil 10 years later and doing well in life, what a miracle drug, where would I have ended up without Paxil..."

paxillover (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 21, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "This medication has been extremely helpful to me. 7 months ago, I developed IBS, which made me very nervous about my stomach. I slowly became nervous about everything, not knowing that my anxiety was more than just " little worries." I was afraid to go to important events, thinking something bad could suddenly happen to me all the time. My mother was noticing these changes in my personality, so then made me go to a therapist. That was when I was suggested to be put on Paxil. I was afraid to take Paxil, but when I was finally forced to, I noticed changes within a week with just 5mg. I moved up to 10mg, and everyone could see changes in how I acted everywhere. I am currently still on 10mg, but even a little can do a lot, even for you!"

KA2353 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have tried most SSRIs and some SNRIs. Paxil was indeed the most effective for me with my anxiety symptoms. By now you have probably read the horror stories on the internet about coming off of it. Indeed this happened to me. It was horrible. I went off of it because I thought I was better and ended up off of work because my symptoms got so bad. This was because I was being followed by a GP who did not know about discontinuation syndrome (early 2000s). However, I wouldn't write this drug off necessarily. After the discontinuation hell I experienced I was referred to a psychiatrist who used the taper to Prozac method to get me off of Paxil.This method worked for me. Hope this may help someone to know about it."

upatreereadingabook (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 13, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Panic Disorder: "I was diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder three years ago. I have tried ever antidepressant out there. None ever gave me relief except for paxil. I truly credit paxil for saving my sanity, and stopping most of my panic attacks. Although I still have anxiety from time to time, it is nothing I can't manage. I've been taking 40 mgs of paxil for about 9 months. I finally feel like my normal self again."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2016

For Hot Flashes: "I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder and heart disease. Insomnia from hot flashes will make lower my seizure threshold. Once I had the heart attack hormone therapy became out of the question. My doctor prescribed 20 mg of Paroxetine. Within days the frequency and intensity of my hot flashes diminished. In addition, I am more relaxed than I have ever been in my life. The downside is if you miss a dose the hot flashes come back with force!"

Luna Moody (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 12, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Was on this tablet for 11 years and it changed my life. Foolishly reduced the dose 6 months ago to prepare to come off them and have relapsed. Back on them 10 days now and waiting for them to kick in. Wish I'd stayed on them now - they literally saved my life."

Blondie50* January 11, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I'm 21 years of age and up to now, I've been taking 20 mg for the past 9 months. Since I was 16 or so I've suffered from, at least in the beginning what some may call 'smiling' depression, and what followed was chronic depression in my 20s. At 17-18 years of age I participated in cognitive behavioural therapy (coping mechanisms). I suffered frequent panic / anxiety attacks, suicidal thoughts, etc. 19-21 went to college. Chronic depression hit hard and they put me on 20 mg Paxil. I have never felt better in my life. Usually it is difficult to realise when one is in such a state, and now that I can see things "clearly", I've excelled in school and in other social conditions. In Europe, the Gov't produces Paxil without a brand name. Cheap."

Lily-Rose January 11, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Paxil works great for me but it took 3 months for it to work. That's not surprising however my body has always taken a long time to get used to/accept drugs. My start up side effects were extreme fatigue, excessive yawning, derealization, depersonalization, depression and apathy(apathy and depression could've been a result for the anxiety and not the paxil) . One day while at work it just hit me and I started feeling better happier but not 100%. I'm currently at 30mg which seems to work fine. The only bad thing about being on Paxil for me is the sexual side effects(it is really hard to climax! uhg) Otherwise, I feel fine. In fact, I even have vivid dreams, which for me is nice, and more energy."

Msavvy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2016

For Anxiety: "I use to take this drug when I had severe anxiety and depression disorder. My doctor changed my dosage as needed and I took anywhere from 10-40mg at a time. I eventually stopped taking it with my serious side effects and was doing good until recently when I started taking 10mg again. I started getting chest heaviness, numbness and tingling in my arms, hands, feet and head. Leg pain at night. Back pain. Ice pick headaches, heavy headedness, dizziness, weakness. Numbness in throat and trouble swallowing, complete loss in sex drive and unable to orgasm, and I think, white vaginal discharge and severe anxiety. I find most symptoms are worse the first few hours after taking it. I don't know why it's doing this now and not before."

Red14 (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2016

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "Took a single Paxil pill and felt immediately sick within two hours or taking it. This "sick" feeling lasted for a solid week. I thought that I probably just got the flu at the same time I started taking Paxil, so I tried it again. Nope, still made me feel sick. I didn't think it was possible to get every single common side effect listed from taking one pill, but I guess I was wrong."

Alwaysanxious December 30, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I 've taken paxil in the early 90s .After a bad relationship and drinking lots. It has helped with social anxiety to a point. But I have gone through crying periods that didn't seem right. It's soon to be Jan 1 2016 and I have noticed these electric shocks if I miss a day or 2. And also my memory has gone to crap as well . Is this drug habit forming Yes I'm a recovering cocaine addict and free base addict. I got off that but this plays with your brain worse ! We should be compensated for the use as guinea pigs and the torture we face to get off this medicine it does work but too much is unknown. "

countryswagget (taken for 10 years or more) December 29, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "I've taken 40 mg of paxil for anxiety and depression for 14 years and it was life changing. Slowly it hasn't been as effectIve and recently I felt as though I hadn't been taking anything at all. Now I'm back to where I was before paxil and feeling like an emotional mess. My Dr just increased my paxil to 50 mg and then if that doesn't work, she may have me try something else. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this?"

Missy_74 (taken for 10 years or more) December 22, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "My anxiety has been with me since I was 11. I ended up dropping out of both high school and university because I couldn't go to my classes. I used to dread any and all excursions out of the house, no matter how small. I would feel horribly anxious if anything outside of my normal routine came up (doctor's appointments, people coming over, etc). Forget working. I felt so hopeless and didn't want to take prescription medication, but I'm so glad I did. I've been on paroxetine for 4 months and I feel like a different person. I don't drive myself nuts with worry. I started on 10mg and went up to 20mg a month ago. Side effects I've experienced are both drowsiness during the day and insomnia at night. It's worth it. I'm even looking for jobs now!"

UsneaDecay (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Depression: "After going through a hurtful breakup and loosing my job I fell into darkness, life lost intrerest. I decided to try antidepressants. Doc prescribed Paxil. I read the reviews, most say it helps after taking it for awhile. Yesterday I took it at night. I couldn't sleep at all, after 3 hours I started to feel very weak, my head was heavy, I had an urge to stretch my whole body, lost appetite, but I did feel happier. Because it affects your serotonin, I started to think about my relationship more. All day I couldn't get out of bed, felt very weak, couldn't even walk, sleepy but can't sleep. Horrific feeling. Although I hear it helps eventually, I don't think it's worth the side effects. Bad experience."

FNYC (taken for less than 1 month) December 15, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety and Stress: "I have experienced anxiety for about 16 years. It took me 12 years to find paxil and I thank God for it. I was such a mess! Because of anxiety I developed agoraphobia couldn't get out of the house, be around people at all, consequently depression followed. My poor husband stuck with me through all of it. I have taken every antidepressant that's out there none of them worked, they made me zombie like. 3 days into paxil I came alive, all that noise and constant fear on the back of my mind quieted down. I could not believe it!! I had more energy because I didn't feel emotionally and physically drained any more. I finally could be in the moment and take it all in!!! I feel like I can do anything, before paxil I felt like a constant failure."

Pheobe734 December 11, 2015

Paxil (paroxetine) for Anxiety: "I have always had anxiety ever since Iwas young but this past summer I was so bad I couldn't go anywhere or do anything. I was even at the point I didn't want to leave the house I was so depressed. I didn't know what I was going to do and I was ruining my daughters and husbands life so I went to the doctor and she put me on paxil 30 mg. I didn't want to take it cause I never take pills not even for a headache and was scared how it was going to make me feel. But I took it and it changed my life after about a month I could go places and enjoyed life again with God and my family's help I am doing so much better I still have some days I don't feel good but i don't let it get me down so if anyone is struggling with anxiety there is help out there"

heavenly sunshine (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next