User Reviews for Protonix

Learn more about Protonix.

Barrett's Esophagus 3 reviews 13 medications

Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Protonix reviews 40 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Protonix

Review by rickwassick:

For GERD: My gall bladder was acting up and the pain was terrible. I took a Protonix as soon as I got out of the doctors office (with a sandwich and doctor pepper) about 15 seconds later I was burping like CRAZY. Viola!! The pain subsided considerably in less than 3 minutes. AN hour later it was like I never even had the pain! I felt MUCH, MUCH better.

February 2, 2010 12:40 AM

Review by shamrock2228:

For GERD: Worked great for GERD. After a while of being on it, it doesn't seem to work that well. I am on 40 mg's/day and now have a stomach ulcer?

December 13, 2009 9:42 AM

Review by mr T.:

For GERD: I've tried everything nothing worked. I had both an ulcer and acid reflux. Protonix worked the day I got it. One of the pharmacies tried to use generic and I had all the symptoms all over again. Doctor found out about the generic brand, fixed the problem with the real Protonix. Problem solved. Protonics is the answer for me.

November 17, 2009 9:09 PM

For GERD: I've had years of GERD without any food triggers and daily heartburn. Protonix was a dream! It is, however, very expensive. My insurance had it on its drug list and dropped it this year. A 30 day supply is $120! I've had to switch to Nexium.

September 28, 2009 5:23 PM

Review by jimsjinx:

For GERD: I took this drug at bedtime for GERD. Sick to my stomach all night long. Stopped taking it for one night and wasn't sick at all.

May 9, 2009 5:45 AM

For GERD: I had the worst side effects with Protonix. I took it for 15 days and experienced increased anxiety and heart palpitations. I also had dizziness, nausea and insomnia. Going off of it took 6 days to feel somewhat normal.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2009 10:09 AM

Review by GERALDSIR:

For GERD: I tried EVERY over the counter gastric acid reliever on the planet and nothing worked. Then I got my doctor to prescribe Protonix and never had any problems after that. I was very pleased.

March 28, 2009 11:12 AM

I rate it a 10. This is the ONLY drug that helps my gastrointestinal problems. I have only been prescribed it twice in several years but, when it was prescribed, the drug took away the pain in the chest and it did not come back. It is great.

March 22, 2009 10:34 PM

Review by MacMommy:

For GERD: I love protonix. Only wish it was more affordable. My insurance company will only cover the generic form--which is NOT the same. I found the name of the manufacturer but again the insurance company won't cover it. The three months I was on the generic all my symptons returned. Back on the protonix for two weeks and everything was gone!

March 7, 2009 1:45 PM

Review by Cdicrisci:

For Stomach Ulcer: Using this medication reduced the bloated feeling I had. It also reduced my appetite, caused by the air pockets, before I was using this drug. Great medicine, with no side effects that I am aware of.

December 9, 2008 2:51 PM

Review by MaryMac:

For GERD: I loved this drug--until my insurance company said it was the 'same' as another less expensive drug. I've been miserable ever since. The acid reflux is returning, I am bloated and bowels are always a surprise. My surgeon is thinking a second surgery might be needed - if only I could afford the Protonix it could be avoided.

October 29, 2008 3:08 PM

Review by lisa45169:

For GERD: Tried everything, been on Protonix for 5 years. I can now eat anything as spicy and as hot as I like, and do not have acid reflux.

October 27, 2008 3:25 PM

For GERD: Having suffered severe gastro-esophoseal reflux disease for many years, I have tried many remedies. Protonix gave me much needed relief. Later, we also added 10 mg of Reglan at bedtime, followed by 1 oz of Gavison an hour later for extra protection. It's been 2 years since I had a severe attack and the overall reflux/acid has disappeared.

September 17, 2008 6:56 AM

Review by Tester:

For GERD: I have a Lap Band. Before I had the band I had no problem with heartburn, then after I got a couple adjustments, I had acid reflux and heartburn so bad I was eating like 20 Tums a day. Zantac no longer works, or anything for that matter, so I went to my doctor and he gave me samples of Protonix. Within minutes my heartburn was gone. I have slept through the night without vomiting my own stomach acid. Highly recommend this drug. If you have a Lap band then you know how horrible it can be.

July 2, 2008 4:08 PM

Review by Tstorm:

For GERD: After two years of SEVERE PAIN in my stomach and esophagus, I finally decided to go to the doctor and get help. I thought all the pain was coming from an ulcer and after two years of pain, I found out that I did not have an ulcer (yet). The doctor prescribed me Protonix. In less than two days, all the pain and acids in my stomach stopped! I finally don't have acid reflux.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2008 2:30 PM

Review by lllkkkjjj:

For Stomach Ulcer: I was taking an acid reducer called Ranitidine quite often over a 3 year period. Doctor prescribed 40mg Protonix for 28 days and my stomach felt so much better. Now going without the medication for 10 days, it feels as if my stomach is not doing so well. Doctor advised that I take 20 mg when needed. Bottom line - it worked for me.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2008 10:46 AM

Review by Releived:

For Erosive Esophagitis: Started off with the "Purple Pill" effective but very expensive. Physician switched me to "Pantoprazole" (Protonix) - just as effective, a fraction of the price. My diet slipped back to pre-med carelessness (spicy food, garlic, onions, curries &c and STILL no problems. I did go back to sensible eating at the urging of my daughter!

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 31, 2008 2:48 AM