User Reviews for Protonix

Learn more about Protonix.

Protonix review summary

8.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 102 medications used in the treatment of Stomach Ulcer.

Reviews for Protonix to treat Stomach Ulcer

Review by Suzette1984:

Had the most excruciating, painful ulcers that would wake me up in the middle of the night, and be so bad that I would double over from the pain. The Dr. gave me Protonix, and I swear after just taking the first pill that first night, the symptoms were gone! The pills were so effective, I only took them for 5 nights in a row, (even though he told me to finish the bottle) and just saved the other pills in case I might need them in the future. So far the pain has only come back once, from eating too much Tabasco sauce one night, but other than that, I've not been woken up with the pain since I've taken the pills. These pills were a God send for me. Extremely effective.

February 8, 2014 4:16 PM

Review by JenksAten (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Spent two and a half years vomiting everything but coca cola, ramen, and mashed potatoes. Had tried numerous ulcer medicines all failing miserably. Protonix made life bearable again! It actually ceased the pain!

September 4, 2013 3:44 PM

Review by dalepmr (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Works so well I forget I have a problem until I forget to take it, then I'm reminded the next day...ugh!

May 25, 2013 2:51 AM

Review by SMSur:

I had 23 bleeding peptic, duodenal, and esophageal ulcers and GERD. This is helping.

May 11, 2013 8:02 PM

Took the burn away in my stomach but made my hands and fingers swell.

October 17, 2011 4:34 PM

After a couple of days using Protonix, I felt relief in my stomach of the full feeling I would get whenever I ate. I used to feel very bloated and uncomfortable after I ate a meal, I wasn't overeating either. I had to watch what I ate too, such as spices, onions, etc. Most of those symptoms have gone away.

May 18, 2011 9:35 PM

Review by Cdicrisci:

Using this medication reduced the bloated feeling I had. It also reduced my appetite, caused by the air pockets, before I was using this drug. Great medicine, with no side effects that I am aware of.

December 9, 2008 2:51 PM

Review by lllkkkjjj:

I was taking an acid reducer called Ranitidine quite often over a 3 year period. Doctor prescribed 40mg Protonix for 28 days and my stomach felt so much better. Now going without the medication for 10 days, it feels as if my stomach is not doing so well. Doctor advised that I take 20 mg when needed. Bottom line - it worked for me.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 9, 2008 10:46 AM