Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Protonix

Learn more about Protonix.

Reviews for Protonix to treat Barrett's Esophagus

Review by GERD and barretts E (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have been using this medication almost since it came on the market. I take a dose of 50% over the maximum recommended dosage. The medication seems to have a 7-10 hours effectiveness before rebound symptoms appear. I've tried several of the other proton pump inhibitors, which were not very effective.

June 20, 2013 5:18 PM

Review by jburk:

I was on Prilosec for about 9 years for acid reflux. For me it was a miracle drug that gave me relief for acid reflux. My dosage was continually increased till I was taking 4 20mg pills a day (probably a problem with my acid reflux increasing). After having more problems, I had an endoscopy which showed I had Barrett's Esophagus. I was prescribed Protonix (2 x 40mg pills/day). So far Protonix has worked great. For me it works better than the Prilosec did.

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2010 4:48 AM