User Reviews for Protonix

Learn more about Protonix.

Protonix Review Summary

9.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 12 medications used in the treatment of Barrett's Esophagus.

Reviews for Protonix to treat Barrett's Esophagus

"I was diagnosed with Barrett's Esophagus six years ago, and regularly used Prilosec for the past 8 years, but I occasionally still had severe heartburn. Like the last post, I too was prescribed a higher and higher dose until I was taking 4-6 pills a day, still getting occasional heartburn. Last year I started taking only 40 mg per day of Pantoprazole, and I seldom (less than once a month when I get careless with food and/or alcohol) have had heartburn at all. I highly recommend asking your doctor about this medication, if you suffer from long term frequent heartburn and Prilosec no longer sees to work as well."

Severe Heartburn/BE (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 22, 2014

"I have been using this medication almost since it came on the market. I take a dose of 50% over the maximum recommended dosage. The medication seems to have a 7-10 hours effectiveness before rebound symptoms appear. I've tried several of the other proton pump inhibitors, which were not very effective. "

GERD and barretts E (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 20, 2013

"I was on Prilosec for about 9 years for acid reflux. For me it was a miracle drug that gave me relief for acid reflux. My dosage was continually increased till I was taking 4 20mg pills a day (probably a problem with my acid reflux increasing). After having more problems, I had an endoscopy which showed I had Barrett's Esophagus. I was prescribed Protonix (2 x 40mg pills/day). So far Protonix has worked great. For me it works better than the Prilosec did."

jburk July 19, 2010

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Learn more about Barrett's Esophagus