User Reviews for Oxymorphone

Also known as: Numorphan, Numorphan HCl, Opana, Opana ER

Learn more about Oxymorphone.

Pain 139 reviews 908 medications

8.4
Labor Pain 0 reviews 9 medications

8.3
Summary of Oxymorphone reviews 139 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Oxymorphone

Review by Sulee (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: Supposed to be 12 hours however, I've found no better than 10 hrs and that is pushing it.

April 15, 2014 8:42 PM
Review by jill gabriel (taken for 1 to 6 months):

oxymorphone for Pain: Horrible side effects after switching from Opana ER to the generic oxymorphone ER due to insurance company denial of Opana. Side effects: racing heart, racing thoughts, insomnia, paranoia, burning and cracking of facial lips, constipation, loss of appetite.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 7, 2014 12:34 AM
Review by Sizzlean:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I had severe migraines up to 24 a month. My neurologist tried everything...including Botox to NO AVAIL. Next I developed neuropathic pain in my feet that traveled into my calves-extremely severe 99 per cent of my day! Between these two conditions I was at my wits end. Then my primary suggested Opana. The lesser dosages did nothing for me, when I reached Opana 40, MY life became more bearable. Hooray for Opana!

March 22, 2014 12:24 PM
Review by Jerry Garcia Band (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: Rotated me off oxy and onto this for six months. Works ok.

February 24, 2014 10:17 PM
Review by Disabled 38 yr old (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I came to this site to see if I was only person who had some minor issues with this medication. I started Opana ER 10mg 4 days ago. I was to start it 9 days ago but my insurance initially wasn't going to cover the cost. My doctor filled out some forms and I am preapproved for a year. I find that the medicine is great for my pain but it does not last 12 hours, I have found that at 8 to 9 hours later I need another one. If prescribed 3's daily it would be a perfect medication and who knows maybe I wouldn't need my breakthrough medicine.

January 22, 2014 1:52 AM
Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I think Opana ER is a GREAT pain medication. On a 1-10 pain scale, I went from a 6 with the MS-Contin to a 3 with the Opana. I get more done around the house (I can prep, cook, and clean, as I could only do 1 of those things continuously with the MS-Contin) so it does its job in that respect, but it has never lasted 12 hours. It seems to wear off in 8 hours on the dot. And when it wears off, you don't just hurt, you feel like total crap. Usually you don't feel like that as soon as a pain medication wears off but with this, you do. If I get my dosage raised to 3 instead of 2 a day so I don't have to go through the yucky stage, I can't help but wonder how I'm going to feel when I come off as I have only been on it for a month.

January 5, 2014 9:11 PM
Review by Fastlife (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: I had some injuries and pain to deal with but after a bad car accident my life changed, pain never let me sleep, smile or live a normal life and in past 5 years I almost tried every kind of pain killer that didn't do much but finally my Dr recommended to try Opana. I have been on it for past 7 months and never had to experience the pain since I started taking these 2 x 30mg a day and I can live a normal pain free life.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 6, 2013 2:31 PM
Review by luckynj: User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: Shoulder surgery gone bad, nerve damage and arthritis pain 24/7. The pain management doctor is really a savior, helped me with Opana20and even oxycodone 30 and I got my life back.

November 27, 2013 9:14 PM
Review by Paulski: User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: I've tried numerous meds for back pain and neurogenic pain from MS, Opana works good, although the new formula made me very sick, thank God generic are not the plastic tablets. 3X20 per day and 1-3 Norco for BT. I use Fentanyl 25mcg on weekend instead of OP to give my digestive tract a break.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 23, 2013 9:12 PM
Review by Warreta (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have gotten good results with Opana ER with hardly any side effects.

September 15, 2013 9:02 PM
Review by smacken (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have been on MS-Contin for 15 years. In that time, only one dose increase! I take 2x60 mg daily. Every 2-3 months, my doc changes medicine. I used to be able to get Opana, 40 mg 2x per day, and it worked great! Even better was Efalgo, 16 mg 3 x per day. 2 in the morning, one at night. Now, insurance will not pay for either. The only medicine I can tolerate is Opana, 80 2x per day, and they really don't work well. It is so frustrating that the medicine that is the hardest to tamper with, Efalgo, is the hardest to get and most expensive! If I don't switch every few months, I build up a tolerance. I suffer from degenerative disc disease in my lower back, arthritis etc.

August 31, 2013 1:33 PM
Review by DeAnna L.: User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: I have Degenerative Disc Disease and have had 12 spine surgeries and countless injections etc. I have pretty much been tried on everything on the market with no good results until...Opana ER. I have been on this for at least 8 years and I have to say (the old formula) its been the only thing that has brought any relief to me. Then they went and changed it to the new formula and all of a sudden it was like taking plain aspirin.

July 18, 2013 6:20 PM
Review by Nick Sargent (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: Was on morphine sulfate. Was switched to Opana 20 MG ER 2 every 8 hours, I am able to move around outside without fear of falling, have been able to go fishing again after 10 years of morphine could not do so. On morphine was not allowed to have a small garden where Opana ER can manage and remember to water and pick the fruit and veggies grown. It is like night and day differences. As my condition has worsen have been given 10 mg opana IR as a break through medicine. It is the biggest help so far in cooping with the spinal cord injury. Have done surgeries and shots into the disc areas before the Opana with very limited help as the Opana has been the greatest thing.

July 3, 2013 7:30 PM
Review by Tii: User Rating:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have Fibromyalgia and OsteoArthritis my Dr. recommended Opana and it has been a God send.

May 19, 2013 9:51 AM
Review by kims46342: User Rating:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have tried many different medications for my back, I have deteriorating arthritis in my lower back along with curvature of the spine. I am currently on Opana ER 10 mg twice a day, and Norco 4 times a day for break through pain. When I get up in the morning I can hardly move, I take the Opana and within half an hour I can move better. I still have pain but not as intense as it was. It has helped a lot. I would not be able to afford this medicine without the coupon.

April 21, 2013 9:41 PM
Review by cc ryder: User Rating:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: My experience with Opana was great. It really gave me back at least 95%. After 3 Failed back surgeries on my disc low back along with both knees which my knee surgeries were helpful. I also broke my back at same time along with my neck injury which I was diagnosed with a extreme strain of my neck. Which my doctor gave me a 50% chance of success so I decided not to have and live with the pain. Although when Purdue pharmaceuticals decided to completely change the formula when making the 40mg Opana my life changed for the worst. I haven't been the same since. Believe me because I have tried every medicine on the market since 1993.

April 21, 2013 2:53 AM
Review by deeseelangovich (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: Crushed and bulged discs in cervical region, but I refuse to have spinal fusion due to mixed results and incredibly invasive surgery. Was on 3-30 mg Oxycontins with 4 x 10 mgs oxycodone. I can't take anything with NSAID's in it because I had Hepatitis C, which is gone after 11 months of interferon and another medicine. The oxy combo was working fine until suddenly it became impossible to get the scripts filled. Pain management doctor switched me to 2-30mg ER's a day and three Opana 10 mg IR's a day and I have no side effects, works great.

April 5, 2013 12:23 AM
Review by 17 Operate (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: I was in awful motorcyle wreck. Have had 17 operations and may need new ankle. Have been given many pain meds over the years. Oxymorphone works better on my pain than another pain med I have ever been prescribed. The new Opana that came out last year didn't work at all. My pain kept me from doing things like cleaning my house or playing with the grandkids etc. I don't know what they did to the New Opana but they do not help pain much at all. I am now taking a generic Oxymorphone. I am starting to live my life a little more. I don't have as much pain plus they cost me less which is good.

April 2, 2013 11:55 AM
Review by Melbell: User Rating:

oxymorphone for Pain: Still not sure. It definitely works.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 25, 2013 3:52 PM
Review by JSTFNOFF: User Rating:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I was hurt on the job back in 2006.Had a disc removed and fusion of L4 and L5 in my lower back.I have suffered for years with chronic back and leg pain because of this injury.I was on 80 mg's of Percocet a day for 2 years and was taken off of it,cold turkey as they say,by my Dr. After 5 days of terrible withdrawl's,my Dr. put me on OPANA ER 10 mg tab's,twice a day.They helped me with my withdrawl symptoms but didn't do much for my pain. My Dr. agreed to up my dosage to 30 mg's,twice per day. WOW!!!! What a difference these 30 mg pills make.Pain is about a 1 on a scale of 1 to 10 and I can finally sleep again. It is known that only 10 percent of your dose is actually absorbed by the body and the rest is eliminated when taken orally.

March 14, 2013 1:50 AM
Review by MarleysMama: User Rating:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I just started this medication a few days ago and I am on 10 mg twice per day..I would have to say it works very well on my neck and back pain and my nauseating migraines which all result from a car accident and I'm only 23 years old. I luckily have a very nice understanding doctor and know what I'm going through and he has never turned me down when I've needed an increase or change in meds.

February 7, 2013 12:46 AM
Review by bnagoh (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: I suffer from neck and back issues with my spine and I have tried many different pain medications and procedures but the one where I got the most relief is Opana. Sometimes the pain is so bad that Opana or my breakthrough medication do not control it. Maybe 6 to 10 times a week.

January 25, 2013 10:41 PM
Review by Your Details: User Rating:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: Been taking Opana for about 4 years now. It's the best medicine I have ever taken. I folded up my neck in an ATV accident. Have a failed 4 level fusion with steel plate and 4 bolts 1/4", 3 discs removed. Also have 5 deteriorated disc, and two more spinal surgeries since first one. I have had to increase my dose to a 40mg every 12 hours or so, and up to 6 IR 10mg each day. Since the pink 10 IRs have been off the market, the white generic 10 IRs are not the same. Take this on an empty stomach for best results. And to the one patient in a previous comment who was trying to get his nerve up to ask the doc to reduce his dosage, I would say it was really in his own hands. Reduce it yourself if you really think you don't need it.

January 13, 2013 2:03 AM
Review by sassy388 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Opana ER (oxymorphone) for Pain: Better then Lortab 10/500 been taking for 3 years 4 times a day.

January 6, 2013 4:02 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Opana (oxymorphone) for Pain: I have cervical stenosis, bulging discs, and neuro issues resulting from them, I have been on Fentanyl patches, Oxycodone, and huge doses of Morphone ER wtih IR for break through. I thought my pain would never end and it was not only debilitating, but depressing to the point of, although not suicide, definitely not wanting to get up in the morning and wishing I could just die. When I moved and got a new Pain Management doctor, he questioned many of my old doc's decisions, but above all he changed me onto Opana 30mg ER twice daily with 30mg IR Morphine for breakthrough 3x day. I feel more alive than I have felt in at least seven years. I am awake, I am alert, and I am functional, which is more than I had come to expect. Zero side effects

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 9, 2012 11:54 PM