User Reviews for Oxymetazoline

Also known as: 12 Hour Nasal, 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant, Afrin, Afrin All Night NoDrip, Afrin Extra Moisturizing, Afrin No Drip Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Extra Moisturizing, Afrin NoDrip Original, Afrin NoDrip Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Sinus, Afrin Original, Afrin Pump Mist, Afrin Severe Congestion, Afrin Severe Congestion NoDrip, Afrin Sinus, ...show all 41 brand names

Learn more about Oxymetazoline.

Nasal Congestion 17 reviews 569 medications

8.6
Summary of Oxymetazoline reviews 17 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Oxymetazoline

Review by Ilovemywifey (taken for less than 1 month):

Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Nasal Spray (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: I'm recommending this to all my family and friends I love this product.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2013 12:41 AM

Review by rcarrillo46140:

Vicks Sinex 12 Hour Nasal Spray (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: Excellent and fast working. It does what its suppose to do.

January 10, 2013 10:38 PM

Review by NOSY NELLY (taken for less than 1 month):

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: This is by far the BEST nose spray I have ever used. Anytime I get a stuffed nose, Nostrilla knocks the snot right out of me! I will always use Nostrilla and I will recommend it to anyone for a stuffy nose because of a cold or sinuses! Its AMAZING.

December 27, 2012 1:51 PM

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: This is my favorite cold/sinus medicine. It allows me to sleep at night. Doesn't give me that stuffed up feeling other medicines do.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 30, 2012 1:52 PM

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: I get recurrent sinus infections and oral medications make me too jittery. This nasal spray within a few minutes has me breathing through my nose again and helps relieve the pressure in my sinuses. My only complaint is the horrible burning and stinging felt when sprayed. Its worth it though.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2012 11:37 AM

Review by Purrfektangell:

Todays Health Nasal Relief Extra Moisturizing (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: This medicine is great your nose clears up within seconds of using.

December 21, 2011 12:23 PM

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: I have tried many of the other brands. Nostrilia works much better for me than the more expensive other brands.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 28, 2011 9:30 AM

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: This is the only nasal spray that I've used over the last 25 years. I hope the product never gets discontinued. It is effective with minimal side effects. I don't leave home without it - ever. It's a good product. As with all nasal sprays, overuse will get you addicted. Just use it twice a day as directed and it will be effective.

October 7, 2011 4:07 PM

Review by Jelenator79:

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: Very effective in enabling me to breathe through my nose. But is very easy to get hooked on this spray. I went for 30 months using this medication. Had to quit cold turkey. Took me almost 2 weeks to get my nasal passages back. Very effective, but beware: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE MORE THAN FOR THE RECOMMENDED PERIOD OF TIME.

September 23, 2011 5:57 PM

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: I first found Afrin while in Vegas. I was super stuffed up, worse than ever before. I tried out the Severe Congestion version and it cleared me up almost instantly, it was awesome. This version has a Vicks type chemical which burns big time but only for a moment. The original formula is not like that but works well but not as quick, 5-10 minutes maximum. I have been taking it daily for a year and have had no issues. After reading these articles, I will consult with my doctor. The only side effect I have experienced is the same with every sinus spray, the rebound effect has made the symptoms a little bit worse.

May 28, 2011 4:43 PM

Review by naryse:

For Nasal Congestion: Hi guys, I was a very fit 54 year old male, until just last November 2010. I was diagnosed with severe chronic heart faliure, and my heart is operating at 25% and I have to use cpap at night when I sleep, as I apparently stop breathing at night. The short of it is that I unfortunately used this nasal spray every day for the last 3 years, and maybe 3-4 times a day. It would appear I have given myself this condition, by misusing this nasal spray. I had a chest xray 4 years ago, my lungs and heart were fine, and there has been no heart problems in my family. So the reason I have commented, is to warn others to use the nasal spray correctly and if the condition of conjestion persists, get off to a Doctor. Thankyou for your time.

March 10, 2011 7:14 PM

Review by stuffed up:

For Nasal Congestion: I never knew of this product until about 10 years ago when I had the worst sinus infection of my life. As was typical, the medication given by my doctor did nothing for the congestion and pressure and only made me tired and thirsty. My wife came home with Afrin and with just one squirt in each nostril I had almost instant and dramatic improvement. Since then, my doctors routinely tell me how bad this product is for me despite the fact that I have tried everything they have offered without improvement. Now being on CPAP for sleep apnea Afrin is a must if I want to breath through my nostrils.

August 29, 2009 4:23 PM

Review by MelvinTMorris:

For Nasal Congestion: I tried this product as a result of a bad day of allergies. It worked as advertised, clearing out my sinuses effectively. However, I did not read the directions thoroughly and used it for 3 days. After I stopped, I suffered the rebound congestion, and it was horrible. I nearly gave in to the temptation to use it again, especially since I couldn't sleep with the congestion. Luckily, I found a simple alternative--BreatheRight strips. They hold the sinuses open nicely, allowing me to sleep without turning to Afrin again. Hopefully, the condition will go away.

August 19, 2009 11:45 AM

Review by nodoz:

For Nasal Congestion: This medicine is very effective at first glance but it is quite addictive. I suffer from asthma and always congested nose. Still my nose was never too congested to have to use these so I limited the use only when I had a cold. I had a lung infection about a year ago and had to take antibiotics and this for about 2 weeks. When I tried to quit it, my nose would get more congested then when I was sick. I thought this would go away within 1 or 2 days. Finally, I had to go back to using the spray again and I was hooked. I have been trying to minimize the use of it but every time I quit, it causes that horrible congestion without me having ANY cold or flu.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 16, 2009 4:23 PM

Nostrilla 12 Hour (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: This product worked for me, and it does last the full 12 hours. It cleared my congestion almost immediately, but there were some temporary side effects. For about the first hour after I used it, the inside of my nose was irritated. I also got thirsty after I used it but was fine after I drank some water. Overall it works great.

December 16, 2008 11:51 AM

Review by Thaddeus:

For Nasal Congestion: The most important thing is to start using Zicam at the very first sign of a cold or upper respiratory problem. Spray into nose and put your head back as far as it will go. I found this to be very effective. Love the product.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 22, 2008 5:07 PM

For Nasal Congestion: Excellent product. It does not burn the nose. It does not irritate the nose and make it run.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate