User Reviews for Oxymetazoline

Also known as: 12 Hour Nasal, 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant, Afrin, Afrin All Night NoDrip, Afrin Extra Moisturizing, Afrin No Drip Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Extra Moisturizing, Afrin NoDrip Original, Afrin NoDrip Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Sinus, Afrin Original, Afrin Pump Mist, Afrin Severe Congestion, Afrin Severe Congestion NoDrip, Afrin Sinus, ...show all 40 brand names

Learn more about Oxymetazoline.

Nasal Congestion 20 reviews 591 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxymetazoline reviews 20 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Oxymetazoline

Mucinex Sinus-Max Full Force (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "As someone who routinely deals with nasal congestion due to sinuses, this stuff is amazing. Two pumps in each nostril and I can breathe again."

Sick Sam January 27, 2015

Afrin NoDrip Sinus (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Worked very well however heed the warnings on the label. This product and I assume all with Oxymetazolene caused me shortness of breath, anxiety attacks, rapid heart beat and irregular rhythm. After 2 days my congestion worsened but was still relieved via Afrin however my concern for the side effects and label warning lead me to search for other products that would be able to be used more regularly and without causing said side effects. "

ShovelheadDave (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "It worked to stop congestion but the longer and more I used it the more I needed it! Had to get away from it cold turkey! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2014

Vicks Sinex 12-Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I'm recommending this to all my family and friends I love this product."

Ilovemywifey (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2013

Vicks Sinex 12-Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Excellent and fast working. It does what its suppose to do."

rcarrillo46140 January 10, 2013

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This is by far the BEST nose spray I have ever used. Anytime I get a stuffed nose, Nostrilla knocks the snot right out of me! I will always use Nostrilla and I will recommend it to anyone for a stuffy nose because of a cold or sinuses! Its AMAZING."

NOSY NELLY (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2012

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This is my favorite cold/sinus medicine. It allows me to sleep at night. Doesn't give me that stuffed up feeling other medicines do."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I get recurrent sinus infections and oral medications make me too jittery. This nasal spray within a few minutes has me breathing through my nose again and helps relieve the pressure in my sinuses. My only complaint is the horrible burning and stinging felt when sprayed. Its worth it though."

Anonymous March 2, 2012

Todays Health Nasal Relief Extra Moisturizing (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This medicine is great your nose clears up within seconds of using."

Purrfektangell December 21, 2011

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I have tried many of the other brands. Nostrilia works much better for me than the more expensive other brands."

Anonymous November 28, 2011

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This is the only nasal spray that I've used over the last 25 years. I hope the product never gets discontinued. It is effective with minimal side effects. I don't leave home without it - ever. It's a good product. As with all nasal sprays, overuse will get you addicted. Just use it twice a day as directed and it will be effective."

Anonymous October 7, 2011

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Very effective in enabling me to breathe through my nose. But is very easy to get hooked on this spray. I went for 30 months using this medication. Had to quit cold turkey. Took me almost 2 weeks to get my nasal passages back. Very effective, but beware: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE MORE THAN FOR THE RECOMMENDED PERIOD OF TIME."

Jelenator79 September 23, 2011

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I first found Afrin while in Vegas. I was super stuffed up, worse than ever before. I tried out the Severe Congestion version and it cleared me up almost instantly, it was awesome. This version has a Vicks type chemical which burns big time but only for a moment. The original formula is not like that but works well but not as quick, 5-10 minutes maximum. I have been taking it daily for a year and have had no issues. After reading these articles, I will consult with my doctor. The only side effect I have experienced is the same with every sinus spray, the rebound effect has made the symptoms a little bit worse. "

Anonymous May 28, 2011

For Nasal Congestion: "Hi guys, I was a very fit 54 year old male, until just last November 2010. I was diagnosed with severe chronic heart faliure, and my heart is operating at 25% and I have to use cpap at night when I sleep, as I apparently stop breathing at night. The short of it is that I unfortunately used this nasal spray every day for the last 3 years, and maybe 3-4 times a day. It would appear I have given myself this condition, by misusing this nasal spray. I had a chest xray 4 years ago, my lungs and heart were fine, and there has been no heart problems in my family. So the reason I have commented, is to warn others to use the nasal spray correctly and if the condition of conjestion persists, get off to a Doctor. Thankyou for your time."

naryse March 10, 2011

For Nasal Congestion: "I never knew of this product until about 10 years ago when I had the worst sinus infection of my life. As was typical, the medication given by my doctor did nothing for the congestion and pressure and only made me tired and thirsty. My wife came home with Afrin and with just one squirt in each nostril I had almost instant and dramatic improvement. Since then, my doctors routinely tell me how bad this product is for me despite the fact that I have tried everything they have offered without improvement. Now being on CPAP for sleep apnea Afrin is a must if I want to breath through my nostrils. "

stuffed up August 29, 2009

For Nasal Congestion: "I tried this product as a result of a bad day of allergies. It worked as advertised, clearing out my sinuses effectively. However, I did not read the directions thoroughly and used it for 3 days. After I stopped, I suffered the rebound congestion, and it was horrible. I nearly gave in to the temptation to use it again, especially since I couldn't sleep with the congestion. Luckily, I found a simple alternative--BreatheRight strips. They hold the sinuses open nicely, allowing me to sleep without turning to Afrin again. Hopefully, the condition will go away."

MelvinTMorris August 19, 2009

For Nasal Congestion: "This medicine is very effective at first glance but it is quite addictive. I suffer from asthma and always congested nose. Still my nose was never too congested to have to use these so I limited the use only when I had a cold. I had a lung infection about a year ago and had to take antibiotics and this for about 2 weeks. When I tried to quit it, my nose would get more congested then when I was sick. I thought this would go away within 1 or 2 days. Finally, I had to go back to using the spray again and I was hooked. I have been trying to minimize the use of it but every time I quit, it causes that horrible congestion without me having ANY cold or flu."

nodoz April 16, 2009

Nostrilla 12 Hour (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This product worked for me, and it does last the full 12 hours. It cleared my congestion almost immediately, but there were some temporary side effects. For about the first hour after I used it, the inside of my nose was irritated. I also got thirsty after I used it but was fine after I drank some water. Overall it works great."

Anonymous December 16, 2008

For Nasal Congestion: "The most important thing is to start using Zicam at the very first sign of a cold or upper respiratory problem. Spray into nose and put your head back as far as it will go. I found this to be very effective. Love the product."

Thaddeus September 22, 2008

For Nasal Congestion: "Excellent product. It does not burn the nose. It does not irritate the nose and make it run."

Anonymous August 13, 2008