User Reviews for Oxymetazoline

Also known as: 12 Hour Nasal, 12 Hour Nasal Decongestant, Afrin, Afrin All Night NoDrip, Afrin Extra Moisturizing, Afrin No Drip Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Extra Moisturizing, Afrin NoDrip Original, Afrin NoDrip Severe Congestion, Afrin NoDrip Sinus, Afrin Original, Afrin Pump Mist, Afrin Severe Congestion, Afrin Severe Congestion NoDrip, Afrin Sinus, ...show all 40 brand names

Learn more about Oxymetazoline.

Nasal Congestion 31 reviews 588 medications

7.8
Summary of Oxymetazoline reviews 31 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Oxymetazoline

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "The safety cap is very difficult to open. Tried for a half hour. Finally got it open...don't push down too hard!"

Ryan B April 8, 2016

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I had the same issue as KimmerD30. I love Afrin but after about a month from the purchase date, it takes on a mildewy smell even though the expiration date is at least a year away. It makes me nervous about continuing to use it once this happens. I keep the bottle on my nightstand so temperature is not an issue. Does anybody know what causes this and is it still safe to use once this happens?"

KT77 February 27, 2016

Afrin Original (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "What experience??? It would be nice If I could get the top to open!!! Even my husband is puzzled by this new top! You're not only keeping kids from using the bottle of nasal spray your keeping ME a woman in my mid sixties from using your product! I have arthritis but can usually be creative and get to a product somehow! In your quest to be SAFE you have lost a customer!!! I will use a competitor from now on. I have used your various nasal sprays on and off for years and you have now gone beyond the absurd in your quest for safety, or whatever it is you are doing it for. Maybe you should consider a "handicap" version or go back to the original...only then will you get my loyalty as a customer back! Leave well enough alone!"

Mallary January 27, 2016

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "My new Dr. Recommend I use afin for my sinus congestion, the first time my nose and my throat burned and stinging. Now my throat is sore and I lost my voice. It made my illness worse. I was better of using saline."

Jeanne1963 January 21, 2016

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I have been a satisfied Afrin loyalist for years, but as of today will no longer be able to say the same because the bottles are now outfitted with what appear to be new child protection safety caps, AND THEY ARE IMPOSSIBLE TO OPEN. Impossible. After removing the disposable outer plastic seal (not new), I and another perfectly able adult tried and tried to turn and remove the nozzle cap, without success. Meaning, this new design isn't just a minor hindrance or annoyance; we were NEVER able to open and use the product. It will have to be returned for refund. Disappointing!"

StuffyNosedBW January 17, 2016

For Nasal Congestion: "The oxymetazoline is the same for across all brands, but I used to find the Afrin pump superior: it fit my hand, and it was just the right size. Now the six bottles I just got in the mail have redesigned pumps and I HATE the new design. I can no longer take it apart to clean, and these suckers get stuff IN them all the time which I prefer not to ingest. Disgusting, and no longer a reason to buy Afrin at its inflated price."

Nbadore December 30, 2015

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "The nasal spray is very effective and not harsh. However, I do NOT like the new pump spray bottle at all."

DaytonaRee December 7, 2015

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Works when nothing else will. Every time."

eli2 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 25, 2015

Zicam Extreme Congestion Relief (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "After using Zicam I lost all nasal hair and my nose is constantly dry now. Did the medicine work for my cold.? Yes. wonderfully. But not I have to live with this dry nose which is dreadfull"

owysone November 11, 2015

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I have used Afrin for years. Until yesterday, I would have given a much higher review. In the months since last needed it, I found that I had to have it removed from a security box at the register and, in addition to safety seal, one is now required to battle a new safety design to remove the top. I have arthritis and a torn ligament in my hand. I concede victory to the bottle and will switch to a different brand. Parents, if you have young children, please put all medications - including Afrin -out of reach. If you have teenagers, please tell them not to make meth..."

Gillespiegirl November 7, 2015

Afrin Sinus (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Afton works very well, however the last 3 or 4 bottles of the spray the I purchased over a year started smelling like mildew after a month or so. What is causing this? The expiration date on the container is 2 years away."

kimmerd30 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2015

Mucinex Sinus-Max Full Force (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "As someone who routinely deals with nasal congestion due to sinuses, this stuff is amazing. Two pumps in each nostril and I can breathe again."

Sick Sam January 27, 2015

Afrin NoDrip Sinus (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Worked very well however heed the warnings on the label. This product and I assume all with Oxymetazolene caused me shortness of breath, anxiety attacks, rapid heart beat and irregular rhythm. After 2 days my congestion worsened but was still relieved via Afrin however my concern for the side effects and label warning lead me to search for other products that would be able to be used more regularly and without causing said side effects. "

ShovelheadDave (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2015

For Nasal Congestion: "It worked to stop congestion but the longer and more I used it the more I needed it! Had to get away from it cold turkey! "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2014

Vicks Sinex 12-Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I'm recommending this to all my family and friends I love this product."

Ilovemywifey (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2013

Vicks Sinex 12-Hour Decongestant Nasal Spray (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Excellent and fast working. It does what its suppose to do."

rcarrillo46140 January 10, 2013

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This is by far the BEST nose spray I have ever used. Anytime I get a stuffed nose, Nostrilla knocks the snot right out of me! I will always use Nostrilla and I will recommend it to anyone for a stuffy nose because of a cold or sinuses! Its AMAZING."

NOSY NELLY (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2012

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This is my favorite cold/sinus medicine. It allows me to sleep at night. Doesn't give me that stuffed up feeling other medicines do."

Anonymous March 30, 2012

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I get recurrent sinus infections and oral medications make me too jittery. This nasal spray within a few minutes has me breathing through my nose again and helps relieve the pressure in my sinuses. My only complaint is the horrible burning and stinging felt when sprayed. Its worth it though."

Anonymous March 2, 2012

Todays Health Nasal Relief Extra Moisturizing (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This medicine is great your nose clears up within seconds of using."

Purrfektangell December 21, 2011

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I have tried many of the other brands. Nostrilia works much better for me than the more expensive other brands."

Anonymous November 28, 2011

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "This is the only nasal spray that I've used over the last 25 years. I hope the product never gets discontinued. It is effective with minimal side effects. I don't leave home without it - ever. It's a good product. As with all nasal sprays, overuse will get you addicted. Just use it twice a day as directed and it will be effective."

Anonymous October 7, 2011

Nostrilla (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "Very effective in enabling me to breathe through my nose. But is very easy to get hooked on this spray. I went for 30 months using this medication. Had to quit cold turkey. Took me almost 2 weeks to get my nasal passages back. Very effective, but beware: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES USE MORE THAN FOR THE RECOMMENDED PERIOD OF TIME."

Jelenator79 September 23, 2011

Afrin (oxymetazoline) for Nasal Congestion: "I first found Afrin while in Vegas. I was super stuffed up, worse than ever before. I tried out the Severe Congestion version and it cleared me up almost instantly, it was awesome. This version has a Vicks type chemical which burns big time but only for a moment. The original formula is not like that but works well but not as quick, 5-10 minutes maximum. I have been taking it daily for a year and have had no issues. After reading these articles, I will consult with my doctor. The only side effect I have experienced is the same with every sinus spray, the rebound effect has made the symptoms a little bit worse. "

Anonymous May 28, 2011

For Nasal Congestion: "Hi guys, I was a very fit 54 year old male, until just last November 2010. I was diagnosed with severe chronic heart faliure, and my heart is operating at 25% and I have to use cpap at night when I sleep, as I apparently stop breathing at night. The short of it is that I unfortunately used this nasal spray every day for the last 3 years, and maybe 3-4 times a day. It would appear I have given myself this condition, by misusing this nasal spray. I had a chest xray 4 years ago, my lungs and heart were fine, and there has been no heart problems in my family. So the reason I have commented, is to warn others to use the nasal spray correctly and if the condition of conjestion persists, get off to a Doctor. Thankyou for your time."

naryse March 10, 2011