User Reviews for Roxicodone

Learn more about Roxicodone.

Chronic Pain 15 reviews 102 medications

9.6
Pain 28 reviews 912 medications

9.1
Summary of Roxicodone reviews 43 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Roxicodone

Review by Jilski:

For Chronic Pain: Very effective. I have 3 bulging discs in my neck, 2 herniated discs in my lower back, and torn ligaments in both knees, had surgery on right, the left is next but still very painful, from a major car accident, left me disabled. I take 60mgs Oxycontin 2xdaily and 30mgs oxycodone 4xdaily. And it has been a life saver, thanks to my compassionate Dr. Who understands my chronic pain, I can actually live my life. And take care all my adopted animals that need me.

August 20, 2014 11:56 PM

Review by psychokitty (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: I have degenerated discs and my knees are degenerating. This med allowed me to work and have a normal life

April 29, 2014 4:53 PM

Review by wesleypou1978:

For Chronic Pain: It works overall very good for me

January 9, 2014 2:21 AM

Review by lasvegasgirl67:

For Pain: Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS.

December 28, 2013 1:25 PM

Review by the queen of england (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Chronic Pain: Couldnt live without.

December 4, 2013 9:21 AM

Review by credad (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Taking this medication as prescribed gives back quality of life with in days of first use. The least you take ,the more effective in pain reduction. For anybody using any opiate for recreational use has no idea what the complications ahead in time. Not only losing everyday enjoyment. BUT revolve around becoming physically dependent (dope sick) on medication day in day out . Trust me you don't need the extra stress, NO body that takes this medication prescribed by a doctor, wants to suffer not only from chronic pain but then physically/mental stress that comes with opiate use . I do not work in the medical field , this is all from personal experience. Hope this information helps out in anyway ! CREDAD

84 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2013 1:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: Have had back problems for 25 years, my doctor has me on 30 mg 2X a day. My doctor is so scared of the DEA that it took a lot to get this. I really need 3 a day but he wont hear of it. I wish he would give me this and maybe something else for the break through pain but he will not do it. Just glad I get this much.

August 30, 2013 10:02 PM

Review by Nokki75:

For Chronic Pain: Now I am able to break times between doses of Ms-Contin.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 10, 2013 3:41 PM

Review by BOOF MEDS:

For Chronic Pain: I have had back pain for 16 years now, I have been on every pain medicine and these are the best.

August 4, 2013 2:59 AM

Review by Gizzmo727 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: I was on Percocet 10/325 and the highest dose. It was killing my stomach but since my doctor changed it to just roxicodone without acetaminophen I feel much better. It definitely helps with the pain. I take a lot less pills now because I'm on the right dose. I haven't had any bad reactions either so far. Been on this for almost a year now.

June 23, 2013 6:32 PM

Review by ZuluAlphaKilo07 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Chronic Pain: I initially suffered compression fractures of L1, L2, & L3 with fractures of the vertebrae & 20% disc space loss between L1 & L2 & L2 & L3. Only 8 months later I had the unfortunate experience at a sporting goods store, a 240lb shelf fell directly on my head knocking me out cold for 30 seconds. That also led to a fractured C5, nerve damage, & a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I was lucky enough to get in to see 1 of the best pain management doctors, who was working out of a hospital in Denver at the time, and he put me on Roxicodone 30mg x 6/day and I've never had a more effective medication! It truly made the pain vanish & I could go about my day as normal. I moved to IL & they drastically lowered my meds & switched me to Dilaudid & it isn't nearly as effective!

June 19, 2013 5:17 AM

Review by Ashby:

For Chronic Pain: Have chronic back pain bulging disc in L1 and S5 along with lumbar thinning due to osteoarthritis which I have in my hands knees and ankles, also Fibromyalgia. I am prescribed 6 daily 10/325 Vicodin. When I have a"Flare up" they do not work. Doctor called this in for me 10 mg. I just took the 1st pill about an hour ago and I am pain free. Unfortunately he will not put me on this medication regularly, this is just to get me through until I can get another MRI to make sure nothing has changed in my spine.

May 7, 2013 2:13 PM

Review by joe smow (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Works wonderful for severe pain if used as prescribed

April 13, 2013 11:59 AM

For Chronic Pain: I've had 10 surgeries on both of my legs. I just started going to a doctor this month and they gave me roxys. They work more than any other medicine out there. I'm so happy I can now take my son for a walk and do things that I couldn't before. I want to thank my doc for taking my pain away.

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2012 1:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Chronic Pain: Prescribed 30mg 3x daily. Used to be on Opana 40mg. Opana was definitely a better solution because 1 pill a day is better than 3. New formula causes stomach problems for me, but now I am on roxicodone and it does great for my spinal disc pain Just wish I didn't have to take 3 a day

October 8, 2012 5:53 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Chronic Pain: Quick to act, seems to also help with depression, overall the best pain medicine I've been prescribed.

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 27, 2012 9:52 PM

Review by Girllovescats (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: Great pain relief ...but was like intestinal cement for me. Was continually constipated. Nothing helped this...enemas, Miralax, Exlax. Was horrible.

June 21, 2012 10:49 PM

Review by otstratman:

For Pain: I agree with everyone. This is the best pain medicine I have ever used. I had Discitis which led to a Lumbar Lamenectomy and Multi Facet Joint Fusions. I take 30mg every 4 hours. It used to take the pain away every time but now it's not working too well. I am going to see my Pain Management Doctor to ask for help.

March 11, 2012 1:24 AM

Review by MRSDJMCW:

For Pain: After 11 back surgeries (cervical,lumbar) due to scoliosis,and degenerative disc disease,I finally feel almost normal again. I have complete pain relief from my 3 a day Roxy 30 mg. and Fentanyl patch 150 mg. I have actually been cutting back on my Roxy as my condition improves. With virtually no side effects (constipation, sometimes drowsimess) this has kept me comfortable through all my surgeries and recoveries. Take only as directed by your Dr,and you too can experience freedom from your chronic pain. Highly recommended!

February 24, 2012 7:48 PM

Review by BlondyLocks10:

For Pain: This medicine was great. Like you all say I got my life back, but then I started to get to where I felt like I was 80 years old in the morning I had severe leg cramps causing me to walk like a 80 year old women would walk, and I am only 46. I had pain in my calves and in my heels, shoulder pain severe. I could not sit or stand for long periods of time. I kept telling myself that it not the Roxy I was on that was causing me so much pain because I like how it let me get my work done. But then when I started feeling the horrible pain in my calves that I could barely walk and made me very weak like I could not do my normal stuff, it put me into a depression because I felt like I was old before my time.

December 17, 2011 3:23 PM

Review by Sooninpain:

For Pain: This is a good medication to take for pain, when you can acquire it. Right now it is rather difficult to get my prescriptions filled.

November 26, 2011 5:15 PM

Review by Quetzalcoatl:

For Pain: Roxicodone has improved the quality of my life exponentially. Like so many others on this site, chronic pain has been a debilitating nuisance for me, one that I initially dismissed as a sign of aging. As my doctor confirmed a sciatic nerve compression, I was given Roxicodone to manage my aches and pain. Immediately, I felt years younger -- no longer am I stuck avoiding everyday tasks, such as grocery shopping, for fear that the pain will ruin my day. This medication has also improved my performance at work and at school, as I am able to concentrate without random aches and pains distracting me. I feel more rested when I wake up in the morning. Yes, this is a "serious" drug, but taking it as prescribed will get your life back - seriously!

November 15, 2011 12:57 AM

Review by loving wife:

For Pain: My husband has degenerative disc disease. He has had a two level spinal fusion on his L5 and S1 discs as well as two rods and six screws of hardware in his spine. He was only 27 years old when this injury happened. I totally feel for anyone who has to suffer from back pain. It changed his life forever. Normal activities that people take for granted everyday were almost impossible for him to do. He's been through numerous doctors and has tried every pain medication out there. He now takes 30mg roxicodone 6 times a day. It has totally been a lifesaver for him and given him his quality of life back. He still has some pain and bad days but nothing like before.

November 5, 2011 9:58 PM

Review by Bradley Stuart:

For Pain: I've been taking this medicine for over three years. Started off at 30mg three times a day and initially it worked great. Now, a few years later I'm taking 60mg three times a day and it is only about 50% as effective. I recently added 30mg of Cymbalta and within three days, I was feeling great! Better than I had felt in years! I even cleaned the grout in my bathroom! Unfortunately, my insurance company won't pay for Cymbalta. So now I'm trying everything else. Unfortunately, nothing has even come close to working. Now I can't even kneel down to even look at the grout I vigorously scrubbed three weeks ago. It was like having my life back and then having it yanked away from me again!

September 8, 2011 5:32 PM

Review by JoAnn53:

For Pain: The best by far of pain medication I have taken. I like that it lasts all day. I take the 30mg for osteoarthritis pain and neck degenerative disk pain. It makes me able to live my life. The BEST!

August 24, 2011 4:55 PM