User Reviews for Roxicodone

Learn more about Roxicodone.

Chronic Pain 20 reviews 105 medications

9.4
Pain 28 reviews 912 medications

9.1
Summary of Roxicodone reviews 48 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Roxicodone

For Chronic Pain "I've delt with chronic pain the last 11 years, since I was 23. And as anyone with chronic pain knows, it's never going to completely go away. We just want a break, some type of relief from the constant agony. In the wiiiide variety of opiod pain meds, roxicodone has brought me the most consistent pain relief paired with my muscle relaxer (Baclofen). I swear I've tried just about everything, trying to find that "happy medium" I personally try to find the least amount of medication I need to be on to function. These seem to do that for me, aside from fentanyl patches and then a med for break thru. Everyone is a bit different though, and our tolerance for medications and how our body metabolizes it varies as well. But for me, it works!!"

SiNisterBarbieDoll® (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I noticed that a side effect or roxicodone is body aches and pains. The reason I am taking it is because of chronic, severe body aches and pains, especially in my lower back and legs. Is the remedy causing the problem? I guess I will never know because my insurance company will not pre-authorize an MRI."

majorpainalways June 4, 2015

For Chronic Pain "Best pain medicine on market for relief for around 5-6 hrs."

Jay loves me forever March 7, 2015

For Chronic Pain "I have been given many choices for my breakthrough pain medication while being on methadone but I have always stuck with the oxycodone. I chose oxycodone without Tylenol because Tylenol causes major GI upset since I suffer from Gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying). I find it to be very effective in the combination I'm on, the only downside of oxycodone I find with myself is that if it's taken by itself it can cause insomnia which I find to be very annoying."

Jenn Claus (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2015

For Chronic Pain "After an injury with a chainsaw. I was put on morphine. It made me feel "thick" & groggy. It also didn't cut the pain. I asked my Dr. To put me on oxycodone & Oxycontin. I found this to be better at reducing pain without the brain fog."

ricardo48 December 21, 2014

For Chronic Pain "Very effective. I have 3 bulging discs in my neck, 2 herniated discs in my lower back, and torn ligaments in both knees, had surgery on right, the left is next but still very painful, from a major car accident, left me disabled. I take 60mgs Oxycontin 2xdaily and 30mgs oxycodone 4xdaily. And it has been a life saver, thanks to my compassionate Dr. Who understands my chronic pain, I can actually live my life. And take care all my adopted animals that need me."

Jilski August 20, 2014

106 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "I have degenerated discs and my knees are degenerating. This med allowed me to work and have a normal life"

psychokitty (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 29, 2014

For Chronic Pain "It works overall very good for me"

wesleypou1978 January 9, 2014

For Pain "Long term chronic pain suffer great for pain immediate relief, last about 6hrs the 30mg very hard to get filled at pharmacy usually a 3 DAY WAIT TIME TO CHECK DOCTORS AND YOUR RECORDS."

lasvegasgirl67 December 28, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Couldnt live without."

the queen of england (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 4, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Taking this medication as prescribed gives back quality of life with in days of first use. The least you take ,the more effective in pain reduction. For anybody using any opiate for recreational use has no idea what the complications ahead in time. Not only losing everyday enjoyment. BUT revolve around becoming physically dependent (dope sick) on medication day in day out . Trust me you don't need the extra stress, NO body that takes this medication prescribed by a doctor, wants to suffer not only from chronic pain but then physically/mental stress that comes with opiate use . I do not work in the medical field , this is all from personal experience. Hope this information helps out in anyway ! CREDAD"

credad (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 2, 2013

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Have had back problems for 25 years, my doctor has me on 30 mg 2X a day. My doctor is so scared of the DEA that it took a lot to get this. I really need 3 a day but he wont hear of it. I wish he would give me this and maybe something else for the break through pain but he will not do it. Just glad I get this much."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 30, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Now I am able to break times between doses of Ms-Contin."

Nokki75 August 10, 2013

For Chronic Pain "I have had back pain for 16 years now, I have been on every pain medicine and these are the best. "

BOOF MEDS August 4, 2013

For Chronic Pain "I was on Percocet 10/325 and the highest dose. It was killing my stomach but since my doctor changed it to just roxicodone without acetaminophen I feel much better. It definitely helps with the pain. I take a lot less pills now because I'm on the right dose. I haven't had any bad reactions either so far. Been on this for almost a year now."

Gizzmo727 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2013

For Chronic Pain "I initially suffered compression fractures of L1, L2, & L3 with fractures of the vertebrae & 20% disc space loss between L1 & L2 & L2 & L3. Only 8 months later I had the unfortunate experience at a sporting goods store, a 240lb shelf fell directly on my head knocking me out cold for 30 seconds. That also led to a fractured C5, nerve damage, & a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). I was lucky enough to get in to see 1 of the best pain management doctors, who was working out of a hospital in Denver at the time, and he put me on Roxicodone 30mg x 6/day and I've never had a more effective medication! It truly made the pain vanish & I could go about my day as normal. I moved to IL & they drastically lowered my meds & switched me to Dilaudid & it isn't nearly as effective!"

ZuluAlphaKilo07 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 19, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Have chronic back pain bulging disc in L1 and S5 along with lumbar thinning due to osteoarthritis which I have in my hands knees and ankles, also Fibromyalgia. I am prescribed 6 daily 10/325 Vicodin. When I have a"Flare up" they do not work. Doctor called this in for me 10 mg. I just took the 1st pill about an hour ago and I am pain free. Unfortunately he will not put me on this medication regularly, this is just to get me through until I can get another MRI to make sure nothing has changed in my spine. "

Ashby May 7, 2013

For Chronic Pain "Works wonderful for severe pain if used as prescribed"

joe smow (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 13, 2013

For Chronic Pain "I've had 10 surgeries on both of my legs. I just started going to a doctor this month and they gave me roxys. They work more than any other medicine out there. I'm so happy I can now take my son for a walk and do things that I couldn't before. I want to thank my doc for taking my pain away."

Anonymous October 23, 2012

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Chronic Pain "Prescribed 30mg 3x daily. Used to be on Opana 40mg. Opana was definitely a better solution because 1 pill a day is better than 3. New formula causes stomach problems for me, but now I am on roxicodone and it does great for my spinal disc pain Just wish I didn't have to take 3 a day"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 8, 2012

For Chronic Pain "Quick to act, seems to also help with depression, overall the best pain medicine I've been prescribed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2012

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Pain "Great pain relief ...but was like intestinal cement for me. Was continually constipated. Nothing helped this...enemas, Miralax, Exlax. Was horrible."

Girllovescats (taken for less than 1 month) June 21, 2012

For Pain "I agree with everyone. This is the best pain medicine I have ever used. I had Discitis which led to a Lumbar Lamenectomy and Multi Facet Joint Fusions. I take 30mg every 4 hours. It used to take the pain away every time but now it's not working too well. I am going to see my Pain Management Doctor to ask for help. "

otstratman March 11, 2012

For Pain "After 11 back surgeries (cervical,lumbar) due to scoliosis,and degenerative disc disease,I finally feel almost normal again. I have complete pain relief from my 3 a day Roxy 30 mg. and Fentanyl patch 150 mg. I have actually been cutting back on my Roxy as my condition improves. With virtually no side effects (constipation, sometimes drowsimess) this has kept me comfortable through all my surgeries and recoveries. Take only as directed by your Dr,and you too can experience freedom from your chronic pain. Highly recommended!"

MRSDJMCW February 24, 2012

For Pain "This medicine was great. Like you all say I got my life back, but then I started to get to where I felt like I was 80 years old in the morning I had severe leg cramps causing me to walk like a 80 year old women would walk, and I am only 46. I had pain in my calves and in my heels, shoulder pain severe. I could not sit or stand for long periods of time. I kept telling myself that it not the Roxy I was on that was causing me so much pain because I like how it let me get my work done. But then when I started feeling the horrible pain in my calves that I could barely walk and made me very weak like I could not do my normal stuff, it put me into a depression because I felt like I was old before my time."

BlondyLocks10 December 17, 2011