User Reviews for Oxycodone (Page 9)

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol, Xtampza ER

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1851 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I am a 47 year old male who has taken this drug for 10 years. (300 mg per day everyday.) Yes it will ease pain, but normally 2 to 3 years you have to increase it. I was medically dependent within months. In late fall 09, the medicines just lost their effect by at least 50%. So I was faced with a 50% increase in medicines. I said NO! So I tried a medical detox place to start. After 90 hours there, they said you have done great we are sending you home. I was so proud till 4a.m. the next day. I threw up 90 times in the next 60 hours. I lost 34lbs. in 8 days and had severe withdrawal symptoms for 2 more weeks. It has been 30 days since I started this and I will never put that poison in my body. "

mountain dave January 13, 2010

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

OxyContin (oxycodone): "After a series of operations on my lower back the nerve scarring caused chronic pain. After being prescribed one pain medication after another I was finally referred to a pain specialist. In 2000 I was put onto Oxy-contin at 30mg twice a day. After less than 3 months I suffered very bad withdrawal symptoms after missing the morning dose. The pain during those hours seemed to increase tenfold. By 2003 the dose had increased to 60mg three times a day. I have now been taking Oxycontin for 9 years. I still have break through pain that keeps me from most activities and my heart and lungs have been affected. I would like to stop taking the medication but have bad withdrawals."

1bazgam January 11, 2010

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I used this medicine under strict supervision at a pain management center after failed trials with Opana and Kadian which made me ill. Vicodin was not strong enough as I have had open back surgery from my skull to mid back to drain a spinal cord cyst called a "syrinx." My spine was arthritic and required struts to rebuild it; I now have chronic acute pain just holding up my head (max 5-6 hours at a time). Also have chronic low back pain arthritis and herniation with tear. Thankfully it relieved my pain and helped me function somewhat normally for 5-6 months. Then one month the refill arrived two days late and I went through withdrawal, suffering horribly with dark suicidal ideation and depression. I got off it. Now on Percocet, not ideal."

Anonymous January 7, 2010

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have severe chronic neck pain due to permanent spinal cord nerve damage. I was given 20mgs twice a day and it didn't give me enough pain relief. The doctor has increased the dose to 20mgs three times a day and the side effects are too much to handle. My brain is foggy, I'm more anxious, dizzy, very lightheaded, I have a nagging headache that will not go away and I have an all around ill feeling. I like the idea of a pain medicine that is timed release and spreads out over time but, this mediciation is not right for me. I can't wait to get off of the oxycontin."

Anonymous December 20, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Oxycontin is the best drug I have ever had. I suffer from a prolapsed disc L5/S1. I also have a lot of shoulder pain due to a work accident where I had a bad fall. My dosage for Oxycontin is 120mg twice a day. I also take Panadeine Forte 200mg twice a day also Oxynorm 10mg 1-2 times per day for breakthrough pain. I also wear a patch called Fentanyl Durgesic 75mgr. I also get injections every 2-3 months, I also take a lot of depression medication. Overall with this combination my pain is under control most days but some days I cannot even get up and I lose my balance a lot. I have to rotate my movements regularly during the day and night I cannot sleep properly due to the pain."

sisko95 December 19, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have chronic back problem and take Oxycontin 40mg and I know they work."

Anonymous December 13, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have been on oxycontin 40mg for 2 months. It does not relieve my pain 100% but has given me some relief. I see a pain doctor. He started me on suboxone so that I would not get addicted to it. The worse side effect that I have noticed is the itching and nothing works. My doctor decreased me from taking the oxycontin 40mg three times a day to twice a day but he has put me on dilaudid 4mg every 8 hours as needed for pain. My pain had decreased when I was taking the 40mg 3 times a day. When I was taking it twice a day when the weather would change I would be in so much pain that I would have to go get an injection of demerol 100mg and phenergan 50mg. I was in a car accident over 8 yrs ago and had several injuries, but I still suffer from bracial plexus"

66tee63 December 10, 2009

"Itching near the head and constipation."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "An excellent pain reliever. I did experience a few side effects though. I became irritable and would sometimes hear sounds I wasn't sure of. This drug has a high risk of dependency, but it can be controlled. To me, the side effects are worth it due to the great pain relief it provides."

BruceDBriley December 5, 2009

"This medicine works great! I'm only 20 years old, have torn my acl in my right knee 2 times, and had to have rods and pins put in my knee cap when I was 16, since then I've had 3 surgeries on it and when I turned 18, my doctor told me about oxycodone. Since I've been 18, and now 20, I've been taking Percocet, at first I was on 15mg 3 times a day, just recently he bumped me up to 30mg 3 times a day. The pain nearly goes away for 2 hours at a time. My doctor told me they would work for 6-8 hours at a time, that is not true and if I don't take them for a day I experience withdrawals. I feel guilty for taking them because I am so young, and everybody gives me a hard time for it, but the pain is not tolerable without them. It's true it really works!"

Anonymous December 3, 2009

"I am a disabled veteran with severe headaches due to trauma from a combat injury. Thankfully I am able to live a fully functional life because of this drug. You'd think people, especially doctors, would be more sympathetic to our returning veterans. I have a steady job, a wonderful wife, and still when I was first being seen by doctors, they treated me like I was some pill-seeking addict. Thankfully, I was able to get into a pain management program at the VA and have a wonderful, understanding doctor. I take 5mg Oxycodone 4 times a day, and it has changed my life. It amazes me how paranoid medical professionals have become."

NavyGuy December 3, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Had been on Kadian and still had pain and had memory/confusion. Oxycontin worked great for pain with less side effects."

Anonymous November 30, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "One of the best pain relievers you can find. For me it gets rid of the pain and makes you feel relaxed. Good Stuff!"

Shiro November 29, 2009

"Its very good for pain"

alcapone November 28, 2009

"Have had moderate to severe pain for over 10 years. Percocet was the first to even touch my pain, then had to be switched to Oxycontin, when the withdrawal was too much. Oxycontin didn't last 12 hours, took it every 8 and still experienced withdrawal symptoms and breakthrough pain. Finally switching to Hydromorph contin. Much better, now I have no withdrawals ever."

Anonymous November 26, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have severe chest pain from my esophagus and my doctor gave me 60 pills of Oxycontin 40mg and 10/500 Percocet. The Oxycontin was for major episodes and the Percocet was too take 4 times a day."

klk1900 November 22, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "As a medical doctor with a practice specializing in the management of acute and chronic pain I find, from experience, that this medicine has sufficient pain relieving attributes but in return comes with a high risk of dependency."

RSaylorMD November 8, 2009

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have osteoarthritis in my hands and back. My knuckles have gotten so big I've had to cut off my wedding band. My job requires me to be on a computer key board 6 1/2 out of 8 hours a day. Without this I may not be working!"

jeets November 6, 2009

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I suffer from degenerative disc disease. For years I was unable to live a normal functioning life. My Doc had me taking 4/10mg Norcos & 4/30mg Morphine pills daily. While they gave me some relief, I was still in a great deal of pain and felt like I was taking pills all the time. I spoke to my Doc about my continuing pain and the constant pill popping with minimal relief. She told me about Oxycontin. She said that she didn't normally prescribe it and only had one other patient on it but, I could try it to see if it gave me any better relief. I take 3/40mg Oxycontins daily now and the difference in my life is amazing. I hate the way people treat me when they learn that I am taking Oxy. It works wonders so get off our backs."

charliann November 3, 2009

246 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"This medicine works like heaven. I was taking other medicines and was on pain all the time. Ever since I started taking 30 mg oxycodone I'm back to my normal lifestyle, pain free."

Anonymous October 29, 2009

"It is our RIGHT to have medication available for our use. My advice is to use correctly. After several years of increasing my own doses to 20/day (7.5/200 vicoprofin). I decided to quit or die of an O.D. So I went to a specialist who deals with detox using Suboxone or Subutux. Either one will help if you are worried about withdrawals."

Anonymous October 25, 2009

"I TOTALLY agree with the comment about withdrawal symptoms...not worth it all for me."

Anonymous October 22, 2009

"Awesome for pain. Withdrawal is disgusting. The worst stomach flu you have ever had times 10 plus depression. If you only plan on taking it for a couple of days great. For long term NOT GOOD! Please be careful very very addicting."

Anonymous October 20, 2009

"I just had my wisdom teeth removed, and I haven't really had any pain. The medicines do make me feel a bit dizzy and tired, but it's really not too bad."

Anonymous October 17, 2009

"I've been taking oxycodone 5mg x6 daily for about a year now for fibromyalgia and back pain and it works wonders. Without it my day to day would be impossible. I have a small child to look after and taking this medication has given me the ability to live and function normally. My average pain level is 4, without medicines it would easily be 8 or 9 maybe even reach 10. Wonderful drug, DO NOT take if you are easily addicted to things, if so this drug to do a lot of damage. Please be careful."

Anonymous October 14, 2009