User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 1832 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Pain

Review by mrs. d:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been on oxycontin for about 8 years now and it decreases my chronic neuropathic pain dramatically. I have very few side effects and am glad it helps and makes me able to enjoy life more fully.

142 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2008 2:19 AM

Review by Mike_151:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I've been taking Oxycotin now for about two years. I've been through just about everything else you can think of due to the 5 ruptured discs I have. Pain blocker, nerve deadening, etc and even physical therapy but I've haven't found anything as useful as Oxycotin. It's been relatively side effect free for me and I can function pretty well day to day because of it.

132 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 17, 2008 11:28 AM

Review by Jasmine_P:

I've had 3 aortic aneurysms. The last operation also involved a patch placed over a surgical hernia caused from removal of the two lower ribs on my left side. I've been using oxycodone for the past 4 years and aside from insomnia when I take it in the evenings, I am very pleased with the way it controls my pain. I take it only when I am in pain and limit the dosage to 10 - 20 mgs. (10 mgs per dose, occasionally twice a day). With this usage, I haven't had dependency or addiction.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2008 3:38 AM

Review by simplycajun2006:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): I have severe osteoarthritis and advanced joint degenerative disease. I have been on many different kinds of medicines in the past including Methadone and I think the Roxicodone 30mg. is by far the best. This medicine you can actually function on and be totally out of pain!

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 10, 2008 6:17 PM

Review by Bad Luck Sammy:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I'm a chronic back pain sufferer who's endured extensize physical therapy, endless pain medicines, muscle relaxers, antiepileptic/antispasmodics, etc., before reluctantly undergoing surgery - Anterior lumbar fusion with posterior stabilization. Unfortunately surgery failed to relieve the pain. OxyContin's been a life-saver for me (80 mg 2/daily Percocet 10/325 for breakthrough pain)- Nothing short of miraculous in it's ability to allow me to perform daily tasks I was unable to perform previously.

230 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2008 3:29 AM

Review by Firewood:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I had major ankle surgery and was prescribed oxycodone. Loved it. It took away the pain with minimal side effects.

June 3, 2008 12:07 AM

Review by mlmel:

I have 2 herniated discs and a pinched sciatic nerve in my lower back. My doctor put me on oxycodone 15mg 3x a day. It works wonders, I have had back pain most of my life. I can actually do the things that were hard for me to do before. I don't feel addicted to them either. There are some days I don't have to take them at all and then I have those other days where I can't move. Great drug.

June 2, 2008 10:47 AM

Review by football pains:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I played football in college and took a severe hit in the back. I now have 4 bulging discs, and 2 deteriorating discs in my spine. The doctors gave me Oxycontin right away knowing the pain I was in. That was 4 years ago and today I take (2)80mg, (1)40mg, and (8)Percocets 10/325's daily. Last summer I was able to run a 5K race. Oxycontin has given me back what was stolen from me in college. I am 90% pain free, and have no regrets about being on this drug. I can't recall ever having any side effects.

168 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2008 4:13 PM

Review by dlhale310:

OxyContin (oxycodone): OxyContin controls the pain I have from various disorders. I still have pain (I'm on 80 mg twice a day), but it's so much less and I can do so much more.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2008 6:03 PM

Review by paulogger:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I lived in torture for years after back and neck surgery failed. Like a fool I refused to take narcotic medicine until I started studying their intrinsic effects on people. For the past 4 yrs I've been taking Oxycontin, now 320 mgs/day, and I can only thank God for these little green miracles. I've never felt "high" on them. I take them to function, PERIOD.

208 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2008 3:22 AM

My doctor had to cut into my jawbones to extract my wisdom teeth that hadn't come in yet to ease the pain in my mouth. He put me on the oxycodone 10/650mg. They work wonders. While I was taking them I didn't even care if my mouth hurt. Then I got real bad migraines and the doctor thought they was caused by the pain pills. He switched me to something else and now I am still in pain. All in all I say oxycodone was excellent.

May 25, 2008 10:11 PM

Review by Jake1219:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have scoliosis that causes sereve pain, my spine is S shaped. its a pretty severe curve. Anyway been to a number of doctors, finally got a PM doc that prescibed a number of pain meds that did not work, I almost gave up until he prescribed oxycontin. What a relief, now we have to adjust the dosage a bit but finally got it perfect, I take 4 40mg pills a day and been on that same dose for about a year and it is still working great, I am not building a tolerance to it at all.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 22, 2008 2:36 PM

Review by watto:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been using oxycontin for approximately for 5 years, without any major dramas. Some minor constipation in the beginning but sorted that out fairly quickly.

May 13, 2008 2:11 AM

Review by Lovin It:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Pain went away within 5 minutes. You become veryyyyyy relaxed and want to sleep. That could be the mono and surgery talkin to. Mild halucinations when you close your eyes and VERY VIVID dreams.

109 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2008 9:48 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone): The best in every way.

April 25, 2008 12:19 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone): For years I suffered from severe back pain and despite medical records from specialists I was treated like a street level drug abuser by at least 20 different doctors. I was past the end of my rope. Two years ago I found a doctor who had compassion and put me on Oxycontin and now I actually have a very productive life!

397 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 20, 2008 12:13 AM

I broke my nose pretty badly and hurt the entire right side of my face falling down a flight of stairs. After a few days of just ibuprofen I gave in and took oxycodone. Now that this helps me with the pain I have finally been able to sleep.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2008 4:42 PM

Review by lcbc4u:

After seven surgeries I finally found a medicine that works along with my other medications and rehab.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2008 12:20 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone): Ahhhh, the dreaded drug...no matter what you call it, by whatever media-scare tactic out there, what isn't trumpeted are the success stories....why is that? Does something have to be "Negative" to garner press? And if so, why is that? My story: Two brain surgeries. Manmouth amounts of pain. I tried everything -- nothing lasted like this drug. It has allowed me to go back to work, to live my life, to be a father to my children. Screw the strange looks @the pharmacy...I'm alive!

673 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2008 7:31 PM

Review by cuff57:

I've had two rotator cuff surgerys and elbow surgery. I've tried different pain medicines. Oxcodone(roxicet) has been a blessing in pain relief. I am still active in sports and weightlifting at 50 this medicine makes life alot more bearable.

April 10, 2008 6:11 PM

Review by ThanksOxy:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I was on Oxycodone 5/325 for about two years and my Doctor switched me to 3 20 MG OC's a day. i have been taking them for about 6 months now and I feel like a new person. i have Chronoc Nerological lower back pain. This drug has changed my life. i am able to roll around the floor with my kids again and do many things I could not do in the past. Great drug, but very addicting. If you take this med, take it exactlt as the Doctor advises. best pain Med out there. I have been through them al

290 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 4, 2008 11:11 PM

Review by Tuttie:

I take the ER form of the drug and percocet for the break through pain. I have inoperable arthritis in my neck. After two operations it has been decided that it won't kill me, but I will die with it. I rotate various drugs to avoid the dependancy and tolerance problems. I go to a medical school pain clinic and the care has been a life saver. I would strongly recommend anybody with chronic pain to go to a pain clinic. There is a lot of procedures that the average MD is just not aware of.

April 3, 2008 5:35 PM

I've been using the immediate release form of Oxycodone for many years frequently in combination with codeine for chronic back pain. For me the combination is more effective than either alone. I try to take the minimum dose necessary to control my pain, which for me is about 5 to 10 mg Oxy plus 60 mg codeine 3 or 4 times a day, depending on my level of physical activity. As mentioned by others, tolerance and dependence or addiction (btw, not the same thing) are the main problems.

March 30, 2008 8:43 AM

Review by Lorenzo1:

Quick-acting relief from all sorts of pain, esp. after hip replacement and (more recent) double hernia surgery. Only complaint is that it interferes with normal bowel function, requiring occasional stool softener and cathartic.

March 27, 2008 5:55 AM

Review by much pain:

OxyContin (oxycodone): oxycontin gave me back some quality of life by alleviating my arthritic pain, I have hearniated diskd in my neck and it releaves the headaches which are terribly painful

119 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 24, 2008 12:26 AM