User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone Review Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 76 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

"I've been on these for many years not just for worn out knees and OA. I also have restless leg syndrome which they work in 15 minutes where all other RLS meds fail me. God bless cause if you have RLS you know how terrible it can be. They help me rest so I can make it to work the next day. A++"

southsouthshoreman (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 5, 2015

"I've been in 4 car accidents in 9 yrs here in LA. The last accident they cut me from my vehicle. I was ran into by a drunk driver. 3 bulging disc in my neck and 5 in my lower back and all of ligaments torn on my lower left back. I was in agony. I couldn't sleep, sit and standing and walking had me hunched over like a little old lady. The doctors started out with 10/325's. I ate those like candy. Finally the pain mgt specialist gave me 10 mg oxycodones twice a day. Those worked but they upped the dosage to 20mg twice a day. I finally got back into the pool last week and swam for 30 mins. I was so happy I cried. This medicine has helped me so much."

Los Angeles (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Was prescribed oxi due to back pain. Never took meds in the last 30 yrs of my life. I took only one of these and I'm laying on a gurney right now. Suffered a minor stroke. If it wasn't for my wife and her dillegence to call 911 id be dead right now. Watch the documary on Oxi then decide whether this drug is safe. The list of side affects is longer than my arm. Be wise and prudent before you decide to swallow any meds. Be safe"

Mountain man 7 July 19, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Relief from fybro & arthritis"

annoe (taken for less than 1 month) July 15, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have Fibromyalgia and major back problems. Recently, I visited the ER for my back, and they gave me Tylenol 3, which did nothing for my pain. I went to the doctor a few days later and told him I need something stronger, and he prescribed me 10mg of oxycontin twice per day. I can only tolerate taking one per day (any more makes me throw up), but since starting this medicine, it has significantly reduced my all around pain levels by at least 85%! I am grateful for this medicine."

Victoria W. July 15, 2015

"Have never taken anything better for pain, and have tryed them all highly recommend them.10mg every 4 hours"

streetse (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I've delt with chronic pain the last 11 years, since I was 23. And as anyone with chronic pain knows, it's never going to completely go away. We just want a break, some type of relief from the constant agony. In the wiiiide variety of opiod pain meds, roxicodone has brought me the most consistent pain relief paired with my muscle relaxer (Baclofen). I swear I've tried just about everything, trying to find that "happy medium" I personally try to find the least amount of medication I need to be on to function. These seem to do that for me, aside from fentanyl patches and then a med for break thru. Everyone is a bit different though, and our tolerance for medications and how our body metabolizes it varies as well. But for me, it works!!"

SiNisterBarbieDoll® (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 29, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I noticed that a side effect or roxicodone is body aches and pains. The reason I am taking it is because of chronic, severe body aches and pains, especially in my lower back and legs. Is the remedy causing the problem? I guess I will never know because my insurance company will not pre-authorize an MRI."

majorpainalways June 4, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I've had a chronic pain for over 9 years now due to fibromyalgia and rheumatoid after I had a neck fusion back in 2005. Every day I hav a lot of pain that I couldn't get out of bed without takin my med first. I'm on OxyContin 20 mg 2 a day every 12 hrs. and Percocet 10/325 4 a day for break through. OxyContin doesn't work for me real good it'll last about 3 to 4 hours then I have to take Percocet after for breakthrough to help my pain some more. So altogether with this 2 medication I still have a lot of pain that I'm coping with. I wish the doctor would increase the OxyContin but he doesn't want to so I have to live with all this pain everyday for almost 10 yrs. now, you know it's real bad to live with chronic pain everyday. SomeoneHelpMe."

BrandonYen (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 30, 2015

"I have back pain that I have had for over 25 years. As I get older it gets worse on a scale of 1 to 10. Without this med I have an on going 9 to 10 pain level and with my medication my level drops to 6 to 7. This makes the difference in whether I need to get help getting to the bathroom or whether I can get out of bed and care for myself. If my dose were a little stronger I could do more but a day at a pain scale of 6 is a wonderful day, 7 is an ok day, 9 and 10 not worth waking up."

shilolee (taken for 10 years or more) May 23, 2015

"I've been SUFFERING from RSD since 1995.Currently prescribed 10mgs methadone 4x per day and Percocet 15mgs up to 5 per day.of course my body has been soooo dependent on this dose it's NOT working any longer. Dr refuses to increase my dose. Anyone have RSD and on something different I might suggest to my dr that I change to?? I really need someones help please"

pborla0329 (taken for 10 years or more) May 11, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Some uncomfortable side effects like constipation. Other than that, the drug does an ok job with my Rheumatoid Arthritis pain."

jrf9597 May 9, 2015

"I have tried many pain meds that had so many adverse effects until Oxycodone .I take 4 -30mg.tabs a day for the past 6 yrs.This has been a really good therapeutic pain reliever for me this unlike a lot of pain pills doesn't seem to lose it potency over time. I'm 65 yrs.old I have chronic crippling Rheumatoid arthritis as well as Diabetes neuropathy pain this medicine has helped do much.The biggest problem is finding a pharmacist that will fill the prescription. I'm am lucky to have a pharmacist that will.I don't worry about being reliant on this as long as I can fill it & take as directed."

John Sr. April 30, 2015

"Not helping pain!"

pattiebeen taking norco/325 seemed to be more effective (taken for less than 1 month) April 30, 2015

Oxyfast (oxycodone): "I've used the 20 mg per ml oral concentrate at a dose of 30 mg on an as needed basis for control of severe breakthrough pain suffered as a result of Kyphoscoliosis (of unknown etiology) with Morphine Sulfate (ER) 200 mg tabs 3 times per day for chronic pain. I've never had a failure of the medication to control an episode of breakthrough pain. Usually, it takes 10 to 20 minutes for the medication to completely control the pain no matter how severe it may be."

Chilli Bean (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 6, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "The extended release Oxycontin works the same for pain relief as Percocet, but with barely any side effects. Doesn't make me nearly as foggy or give me that euphoric feeling that Percocet does. I can focus better during the day and sleep through the night without waking up needing more pills."

Mel Alanne April 3, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "I have a bullet lodged in my back near my spine, this medication is very helpful in relieving the pain but use with caution I would not recommended this for daily use regardless of the severity of your pain."

Abu91 March 9, 2015

"I would not be able to function on a daily basis without this medication. I have been taking it for a few years now post lower back surgery. I take 10/325 at least four times a day for breakthrough pain, because my Opana ER doesn't really kill my sciatica. I don't know how I would do my job without taking pain management medicines. I had been taking Endocet brand, and now the pharmacy has changed brands and I don't think the new brand works as well."

Socrates62 March 8, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "Best pain medicine on market for relief for around 5-6 hrs."

Jay loves me forever March 7, 2015

"I'm on 3-20Mg Oxycontin and 8-10Mg oxycodone a day. I feel so much better now. I have 3 bad disc in my upper back and also 3 bad disc in my lower back. I used to be on 3 time release morphine and 6 x 10mg Lortab."

Life Saver (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Good for breakthrough pain..take 7 of the 30mg a day and use 2-75mcg of the Fentanyl Patches as well for Extended Relief. It has been my best regimen so far and I've tried a lot of different kinds and combination to ease my pain. It's hard though because you can tell how much it helps when you miss a pill."

Pain-n-simple (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 30, 2015

"Have been on pain meds a long time for various injuries and such. But, most recently for an arthritic condition that necessitated the replacement of both hips of which rendered me utterly handicapped. I could walk only with a walker, but had no moment without pain. After the operations (both accomplished with 10 weeks) I am walking without a walker and am so grateful to the Lord for sustaining me and guiding me to the exact surgeon who performed my hip replacements without a flaw. Now that my joy is full and the pain as subsided, I discovered that I have arthritis in my right shoulder. I took myself off of Oxycontin 30 mg x 2 a day, and now ingest 20 mg IR X 3 a day for the shoulder. Great to be alive!"

Son's Ray (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2015

Roxicodone (oxycodone): "I have been given many choices for my breakthrough pain medication while being on methadone but I have always stuck with the oxycodone. I chose oxycodone without Tylenol because Tylenol causes major GI upset since I suffer from Gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying). I find it to be very effective in the combination I'm on, the only downside of oxycodone I find with myself is that if it's taken by itself it can cause insomnia which I find to be very annoying."

Jenn Claus (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 30, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "This helped during oral surgery but made me sleepy...it did not help at all post surgery for rotator cuff surgery and gave me migraines. I felt like a zombie and had lucid dreams."

Rotatorfix (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2015

OxyContin (oxycodone): "Initially it was beneficial in easing my chronic pain until I had a recent back operation. Now I am being brought down from a dosage of 120mg per day & now down to 25mg per day. Coming off it has been particularly stressful coping with the withdrawal factor but I have recognized the withdrawal symptoms & learning to cope with them on a daily basis with the help of my GP who has also become my counselor & is helping me with this painful regression of dosage. It has been a period of 4 mths so far & I am hopeful of being totally free of the medicine within that same time frame. Although it helped me to get through the pain until the operation, it has been a very painful process of withdrawal. If possible, an alternative medication would be advisable"

mausie (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2015