User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Oxycodone review summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 73 medications used in the treatment of Chronic Pain.

Reviews for Oxycodone to treat Chronic Pain

Review by EMBLA: User Rating:

Oxyfast (oxycodone): Great for fibromyalgia

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 13, 2014 1:57 AM
Review by JW1959: User Rating:

oxycodone: Best medication for chronic pain. 5 bad lower discs, 1 mid back, 1 removed C6-C7 neck, pinched nerves, sciatica and rheumatoid arthritis. After about a year of therapy and different meds we got to Percocet 10/325 and although not 100% pain free it allowed me to get my life back. Problem I have now is since I've changed jobs and have insurance with Kaiser. Getting a Doctor to put me back on them is almost impossible even with my previous medical records.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 4, 2014 3:45 PM
Review by bublee: User Rating:

oxycodone: I have been on oxycodone (30 mg) for almost 2 years along with Vicodin 10/325. I take the Vicodin everyday and take the oxycodone as needed (usually 4 pills a day) it's great. It gives me the power to work and get stuff done. Without this I would be in bed in too much pain to do anything, therefore not able to work and support myself. I strongly recommend this to anyone in pain. It has been the only reason I have been able to carry on in my life.

March 25, 2014 3:19 PM
Review by Flower farmer: User Rating:

oxycodone: I take oxycodone as a replacement for OxyContin which is no longer covered by my insurance. It is as effective, but I have to take it 4 or 5 times a day instead of 2 and have to always carry some with me. I can only tolerate it from one manufacturer. If I receive a different "brand", the adverse effects are immediate. Dizziness, drowsiness and nausea. I Don't know why this is, and am trying to find out. The problem is that the pharmacy cannot always get the brand I need and I don't know why. The other problem is the pharmacy is only allotted a certain quantity and will run out. I have reduced to total mg I take per day since taking the oxycodone vs. the OxyContin. I just wish I could be assured of receiving the same brand each time.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 25, 2014 11:10 AM
Review by JT1961 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

oxycodone: While I was on Oxycodone I had wonderful success bringing my 10 pain level down to a tolerable level around 6-7. The only "Problem" I had with it was I had trouble with my bowel movements, I had constant constipation. This was easily treated with a daily stool softener. After a year we always change up my pain management medications so as not to have to increase dosage with a different Class II medicine. We did this annually and I have been disabled for nearly 23yrs, with very serious illnesses. I would recommend this to anyone who has Progressive Relapsing Multiple Sclerosis/Fibromyalgia/Avascular Necrosis as well as about 15 other diseases.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 19, 2014 4:07 PM
Review by nearly fifty (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

oxycodone: I have Osteo and Rheumatoid Arthritis and have tried all anti-inflammatorys with no success. I am on opioids for pain management and find it is enough to allow me to get my jobs done but does not completely remove the pain.

March 4, 2014 10:19 AM
Review by Truth_I_Am (taken for 10 years or more): User Rating:

oxycodone: I have been on pain medicines for almost 13 yrs. I'm turning 30 in July. I started low at 5mg Percocet then 10mg, and then they threw in 20mg of OxyContin on top of my 10mg Percocet. Nothing worked well not even the Oxycontin. I'm now on 30mg Oxycodone and I do love it, yet it doesn't take away pain, just gets my mind of it and gives me so much energy and motivation. That's a odd side effect for Depression. I'm looking for a medicine that is stronger for when I have the serious break through pains. Never want to lose the oxycodone 30.

March 2, 2014 7:09 PM
Review by Ted1944b (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

oxycodone: Seems to help pain due to prostate cancer fairly well. As long as it's taken every 4-6 hours as directed. If a dose is taken too late, break through pain seems to occur at end of hour 3. Do not double a dose unless directed by your doctor. Only some mild constipation to report. Daily activities seem to have improved since taking this medication. Can get out and walk with "less" pain. Also, do not feel like I'm "medicated" or "under the influence" in any way like with many other medications. Although as a precaution, I would not operate a vehicle for liability purposes, unless absolutely necessary.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 26, 2014 7:04 AM
Review by woodyD: User Rating:

oxycodone: Great pill, works good for pain, don't run out because the withdrawal after 2 weeks of use or longer is bad.

February 10, 2014 9:42 PM
Review by sandylns (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

oxycodone: I use oxycodone for severe pain relief. I am on my fourth knee replacement, same knee ( which is failing again). The medication works and keeps the pain down to a dull roar. I also take regular oxycodone for breakthrough pain relief. Having used morphine sulfate and Dilaudid in the past I find this medication works well. For how long? Only time will tell.

February 1, 2014 1:44 PM
Review by bobertnobert (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone): Only medicine that works properly.

January 26, 2014 6:19 PM
Review by RedSouthGirl84 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have Rheumatoid and Osteoarthritis that affects everything in my body (organs and joints) but mainly my lower back. Spinal stenosis, bulging and degenerative discs, severe nerve damage from carpal tunnel in both hands, plus both hips and knees need surgery in the near future also. I take 80mg OxyContin 3 times daily plus Percocet 10mg 3 times daily for breakthrough pain. I have to take my pain medication first thing in the morning before I can take on my day. Have tried MS Contin and it worked fine, just did not last the 12 hours that they say it was suppose to it was more like 6 and Lortabs was like taking a placebo.

January 15, 2014 5:04 PM
Review by wesleypou1978: User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): It works overall very good for me

January 9, 2014 2:21 AM
Review by PhillipsDE: User Rating:

oxycodone: I have a degenerative condition resulting in all the cartilage in my joints and spine deteriorating. I now have 6 completely collapsed vertebrae with severe spinal stenosis. I have had one hip replacement and am trying to hold off as long as possible for other hip, both knees, and shoulder although stem cell therapy has held some promise. I went for 10 years to physical therapy, water treatment, injections into my spine, as well as alternative treatments if acupuncture, chiropractic etc.. with only limited effect. I missed out on activities with my child, lost my job due, and generally was in a constant 8/10 pain daily. After agreeing to pain medication I was able to return to work and have lead a productive life.

January 8, 2014 9:59 PM
Review by SMJ okee (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

oxycodone: 100% effective.

January 5, 2014 11:44 AM
Review by Cam22 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

oxycodone: This medicine helps me the most. I can get out of bed and actually feel no pain.

December 15, 2013 10:19 PM
Review by Backpainer man (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

oxycodone: Good not many side effects apart from anxiety and mild to moderate depression. Deals good with the pain.

December 14, 2013 1:46 PM
Review by the queen of england (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): Couldnt live without.

December 4, 2013 9:21 AM
Review by Caliboy61: User Rating:

Oxyfast (oxycodone): I began suffering from severe, chronic pain almost 9 years ago, when I developed a very serious condition known as progressive kyphoscoliosis that affected all levels of my spine. Specifically, my cervical and thoracic spine began to bend forward, while the lower portion of my thoracic and entire lumbo-sacral spine began bending to the right. The end result of this condition is death as the bending spine will eventually crush the heart and lungs. It took a few months to find a doctor near my home, who was willing to treat the severe, chronic pain with MS Contin 100 mg. and my breakthrough pain with the 30 mg Morphine Sulfate IR tablets. This medication stopped the bending. 9 years later I take MS Contin 200 mg 3 X per day and 30 mg Oxy prn.

November 12, 2013 1:40 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

oxycodone: I have crps I was in a coma for 6 days and life support for two weeks I was on kidney diyalisis for 35 days and stayed in the hospital the entire time off of that and kidneys back to normal but my spinal cord swelled and leaked fluid so have severe nerve damage on left leg and foot I have trouble walking and had to learn how to again constant burning and electric shocking but this eases the pain the only thing I am worried about is I am 32 and this is a non curable condition over time I will build up a tolerance so be very careful with this medicine

November 4, 2013 11:31 AM
Review by credad (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone): Taking this medication as prescribed gives back quality of life with in days of first use. The least you take ,the more effective in pain reduction. For anybody using any opiate for recreational use has no idea what the complications ahead in time. Not only losing everyday enjoyment. BUT revolve around becoming physically dependent (dope sick) on medication day in day out . Trust me you don't need the extra stress, NO body that takes this medication prescribed by a doctor, wants to suffer not only from chronic pain but then physically/mental stress that comes with opiate use . I do not work in the medical field , this is all from personal experience. Hope this information helps out in anyway ! CREDAD

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 2, 2013 1:47 PM
Review by Just a guy: User Rating:

oxycodone: I'll keep this short. Works great for pain. WILL ROT YOUR TEETH OUT. Just a warning to people who think this drug is cool and hip. It's not. It's the devil. Once you get hooked you are hooked and its not very fun. You've been warned.

October 27, 2013 4:11 PM
Review by corina70 (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I suffer abdominal pain from 9 failed laparotomies to remove cysts and ovaries, im currently on 80mg Oxycontin 5 x a day, and Lyrica 2 x 450mg daily also for nerve damage this just takes the edge off it could be better but will try patch maybe all i need.....i suffer spinal probs as well neck as knees.......im a walking wounded so to speak lol.....

October 20, 2013 6:27 PM
Review by Oonie (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

oxycodone: I have cervical cancer and end up in pain if I'm not on my medicines. Oxycodones really seem to do the trick.

October 15, 2013 12:00 AM
Review by MRSDJMCW (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone): I have been on strong pain medication since 2006 due to 13 spinal surgeries. Fentanyl, MS Contin, Roxicodone, were all effective at 1 point, but side effects and tolerance levels caused me to switch to Oxycontin 40mg 3 times a day, with Roxicodone for break through pain. Finding the correct dosage to avoid withdrawal symptoms was difficult, but finally my body has adjusted. First time in a VERY long time I am almost pain-free, with the least amount of side effects I HIGHLY recommend giving it a try.

October 14, 2013 10:03 AM