User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxaydo, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 375 reviews 908 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 118 reviews 106 medications

8.5
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 493 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Oxycodone

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "My doctor took me through a number of different medicines prior to starting Oxycontin. I have found that I sleep and eat better on Oxycontin. More importantly I function better on Oxycontin, including being able to care for myself. Since I began taking it my insurance tried to force me to the "generic" Oxycodone ER. Oxycodone made me physically ill whenever it released, it's continued use would have made me totally reliant on outside help as I live alone with closest family over 2,000 miles away. Since the Oxycodone affair we have tried other medicines and nothing works as well without the physical illness. I have ankylosing spondylitis and am looking at chronic pain."

old sailor October 18, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I was prescribed this medication following a motor cycles accident (R.Leg broken 4 places/L.Wrist fractures both sides of joint/Broken Pelvis/Fractured Vertebrae). I currently take 70mg twice a day and it helped with the pain. At 80mg I found everything a bit distant. So I end up taking the 70mg twice a day and wow how it helps is great. Whilst I am still in pain, I can function these day. I go to work full time (Computer operator). Good medication, well worth taking."

The_PC_Doctor October 12, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Oxycontin helped me through pain from a recent auto accident. "

Krazy K October 8, 2011

For Pain: "Due to the pain of chronic pancreatitis, I was nonfunctional. Have a meal, shower when necessary, seldom wear anything but night clothes, ONLY go out to the doctor and would avoid the grocery store if possible. Now I clean my house, cook gourmet meals and would like to resume a small part of my former active lifestyle-maybe next summer fishing and camping. Without this medicine I had lost my desire to live due to constant, unabating abdominal pain. Now, I have a "what's next" attitude instead of "I'm hurting so badly I wish I were dead". I can live with the stigma and I do get negative attitudes from concerned family, but they even see the good that has come from this medicine, and also see the massive improvement in my life."

luvcatzlotz October 6, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Relieves chronic back pain faster and lasts longer than most other pain medications."

DirtyButtSaq September 28, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I've been on Oxycontin for 10 years. First for severe osteoarthritis. 5 years ago had failed bilateral knee replacements. In the future they are supposed to be recalling my knee replacements, but for now I can't live without my Oxycontin. I started out with 20 mg twice a day. Now I take 120mg 3 times a day and Percocet 10/650 for breakthrough pain 4 times a day. I can't walk without it."

manic573 September 28, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Chronic Pancreatitis and Post-op pain management for Laparoscopic Pancreatic Gluconoma NE tumor Excision. With oxycodone 20mg/ 12 hours. Take exactly as directed and it works great. Able to work and play. Very rarely need 5 mg Oxycodone immediate release. Shame there is increasing stigma from abusers."

papwalker September 26, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "By far the only things that's touched my back pain. Got 3 rods, 6 pins going from T10-T12. Been on literally every pain medicine except the pump."

Anonymous September 23, 2011

For Pain: "Like most of the comments I have read I take this medicine to function from having severe back pain from a epidural gone wrong I also get severe menstrual cramps that feel like contractions its like I am giving birth once a month I have four young children who need my constant attention and without this medicine I would not be able to do simple things. Other medicine would just make me feel funny and I would still be crying from how much pain I had, not to mention being irritated just because of pain I was always having. Now I take 80mg a day, sometimes less my pain would be so severe in the morning that I could not stand. Now I get up feeling pretty good and when I don't need it I don't take."

Anonymous September 22, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "I been taking Oxycontin for over 10 years. Started at 10mg and slowly up to now 60mg. I have always been prescribed for 2xday. But being a former alcoholic, I only took one tablet per day and Vicodin 500mg for break through pain. It is the only way I would be able to have any type of quality of life. I suffer from Degenerative Disc disease, 3 Herniated discs, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis and now Sjogrens. I am 49 and disabled to work but I do not want to be disabled from life. My grandbabies need their grandma! You can abuse aspirin if you chose to but if you take the medicines correctly and do not abuse - it will give you some degree of life. Life is to be with quality and this medicine has helped me."

femalegrhd September 21, 2011

For Pain: "It works the best for controlling my pain on a daily basis. I have two herniated disc pushing on my sciatic nerve."

ghanson28 September 10, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "I've been taking this medicine for over three years. Started off at 30mg three times a day and initially it worked great. Now, a few years later I'm taking 60mg three times a day and it is only about 50% as effective. I recently added 30mg of Cymbalta and within three days, I was feeling great! Better than I had felt in years! I even cleaned the grout in my bathroom! Unfortunately, my insurance company won't pay for Cymbalta. So now I'm trying everything else. Unfortunately, nothing has even come close to working. Now I can't even kneel down to even look at the grout I vigorously scrubbed three weeks ago. It was like having my life back and then having it yanked away from me again!"

Bradley Stuart September 8, 2011

OxyIR (oxycodone) for Pain: "Recently my doctor changed my breakthrough pain medication to Oxycodone 20mg from OxyContin 20mg. Immediately I noticed a huge difference, and for the first time in four years felt that my pain controlled. Now I'm taking OxyContin 80mg twice daily with Oxycodone 20mg every four hours prn. Overall oxycodone provides the quickest and most effective pain control above all oral narcotics I've taken. However I do caution long-term users of increases in tolerance, monitoring if ever more medication is needed to achieve the same effect. I first noticed an increase in my tolerance two weeks of taking 4-6 tabs daily. I gradually increased my dose until I was needing double my starting dose. Within one month my tolerance increased by two-fold."

Anonymous September 7, 2011

For Pain: "I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 3 yrs ago. I'm 49 and it has completely turned my life up side down. So much pain continuously and I am on Humira, methotrexate and Plaquenil. For pain I have had just about everything Norco, 100mg Fentynal patch and what has worked the best was Oxycontin. It has at least opened a window where I can function and actually spend time with my family. I'm currently taking 2 x 80mg but fixing to tell my doctor to double it up as he said we need to find where we need to be. Anyone suffering from this disease knows the great pain associated with it. God bless if you do and hope this helps."

Ben/RA August 30, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "The best by far of pain medication I have taken. I like that it lasts all day. I take the 30mg for osteoarthritis pain and neck degenerative disk pain. It makes me able to live my life. The BEST!"

JoAnn53 August 24, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "When they changed the formulation it does not work as good, or as fast. It upsets my stomach and gives bad headaches. "

disapointed August 10, 2011

For Pain: "Oxycodone is relatively effective at relieving moderate pain. It is somewhat fast acting so relief comes within a reasonable amount of time. Down side; pain relief does not last very long and the side effects can be difficult to tolerate. The dizziness and nausea associated with taking the medication actually last longer than the pain relief."

Anonymous August 6, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "Best medicine I have used. I was told to take it every 4 hrs 15mg tab. It usually wears out after 3 hours though I need to talk to doctor about this. But other than that I like it with mild side effects. The worse being mood swings and at night hallucinations."

tech 5 August 5, 2011

For Pain: "The best I've been prescribed for pain so far."

Anonymous July 25, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Very effective at managing my pain that stemmed from a spinal injury and subsequent spinal surgery. It has been the only medicine that manages the pain after trying all the other non-narcotics as well as nerve pain medications."

Anonymous July 18, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "I have been on Roxicodone for almost three years due to my compression fractures and other chronic back pain. It worked very well in the first 6 months, but I then built a tolerance and cannot stay out of pain all day. Would recommend the extended release."

Anonymous July 7, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "It is a life saver for me."

froggys June 25, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "This medication is the only one out of so many that have been prescribed over all the years that I have suffered with my condition. (Severe degenerative bone disease, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, etc.) The negative effect I experience is constipation for which I use Benefiber."

Anonymous June 13, 2011

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: "Very good medicine for pain and doesn't have Tylenol in it."

JDON June 2, 2011

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: "Without this medication I wouldn't still be doing my dream job of working with animals (a very tough job even for a healthy person). Before I was prescribed this I tried every single other medication there was without success!"

wildeirishrose May 21, 2011