User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 361 reviews 912 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 87 reviews 102 medications

8.7
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 448 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

For Pain: One of the only medications that allows me to function in a small way because of the bone disease I have (avascular necrosis) I need 6 joint replacements (hips, knees and shoulders). Without this medicine I can not clean eat or sleep without severe limits.

February 23, 2011 11:16 AM

Review by _Nicoletti:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have suffered with an incurable rare spinal cord injury. I first tried Oxycontin in December 2010. Little did I know that they were taking the generics off the shelves. The medicine worked great.The new oxy op is very expensive and not of the same release time. How are people going to afford this?

February 20, 2011 2:00 AM

Review by zoe311:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have used the OC for 11 years. During that time I have only decreased my dosage. Now, the OP formula simply doesn't work. I take 2-3X the breakthrough pain medicines, I have added ibuprofen and naproxen to my regimen. I am going to have to increase my OP dosage on my next visit because it simply doesn't work. Thia new formula is ineffective. I'm going to discuss switching to a different medication, but the OC used to work so well. I was able to go canoeing and walking in the woods. Now I'm back to missing work.

February 19, 2011 5:58 PM

Review by NurseJFW:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have had RSD for 20 years and was well controlled on 30mg Percocet and 30mg Methadone a day. The pain doctor wanted a change and now I am on the new Oxycontin 20mg twice a day. I took my 20mg at 7 am. It is now 8 hours later and I am at a level 7 pain. From the last few days experience when I take 20mg at 7pm, it will last until midnight then I will be at a level 8 or 9 pain. I have not slept in 3 days. I was well controlled! Why couldn't she leave it alone?

February 14, 2011 4:47 PM

Review by mechanic in pain:

For Pain: I am a diesel mechanic and I have chronic back pain and knee problems. Oxycodone has been a God send for me. I am able to perform my duties still.

January 29, 2011 4:30 PM

Review by CLATX:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I take 80mg 3 times a day. Before taking this medicine I spent almost two years in a bed due to the pain levels I would reach when standing or walking on my foot. After my doctor switched me to Oxycontin for long term use my whole life changed. I now have been taking this medicine for over 10 years and I don't know how I could have survived without it.

January 29, 2011 1:35 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Used during chemotherapy for neuropathy. Helped with pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2011 2:02 AM

For : Since taking this medicine I have been able to get out of my wheelchair. Although in the beginning the side effects were a little hard to get used to it has greatly increased the quality of my life. I do however wish that it was more readily available to my pharmacy as there are times that I worry whether or not I will be able to get it and never knowing which brand I will get. Each generic brand comes with its own set of side effects from headaches to itchy skin to nausea. They need to be more consistent with the inert ingredients to avoid this problem.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2011 7:50 PM

Review by gixxser:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was run over by a car last year and suffer with extreme sciatic back pain. Until I have surgery I have been going to a pain management doctor. She has prescribed me oxycodone 30mg 5 times a day along with methadone 10mg 2 times a day. The combination of these medicines is a miracle for me. I can now enjoy life without having to drink all day. You forget how awesome life is until you cant enjoy it because of severe pain! Hope the people at these manufactures know how much the medicines they make have helped me to enjoy life again. Thank you.

January 20, 2011 2:20 PM

Review by EMT321:

Roxicodone Intensol (oxycodone) for Pain: No other medicine helps me get through my pain and through my day like oxycodone. I have been in 2 horrible car accidents and have tried many pain medications, and oxycodone is the only medication that completely takes away my lower back pain. It is a shame that so many people abuse this drug because it works miracles for chronic back pain.

January 19, 2011 7:37 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: THE NEW OXYCONTIIN HAS A SLOW ONSET FOR ME. INSTEAD OF A 15 MINUTE ONSET, IT TAKES 45 MINUTES. I SUSPECT IT IS BECAUSE MY STOMACH ACID LEVEL IS LOW BECAUSE I TAKE PRILOSEC DAILY FOR ACID REFLUX. I CALLED PURDUE PHARMA AND ASKED IF THEY HAD TESTED THE NEW FORMULA FOR EFFECTIVENESS IN PEOPLE WHO TAKE PRILOSEC. THE ANSWER WAS NO. THE TECH I Spoke WITH SAID IT SHOULDN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT IS SIMPLY IMMERSION IN LIQUID THAT DISSOLVES OXYCONTIN. THIS TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG. I HAD A FEW OF THE OLD OXYS SO I DID AN EXPERIMENT. IN TWO SEPARATE CONTAINERS I PUT 20 MG OXYS TO COMPARE HOW THEY DISSOLVED. THE OLD PILL DISSOLVED MUCH FASTER.

January 13, 2011 7:40 PM

For Pain: It works the best for me. I have degenerative disc disease and they give me these every 6 hours, 3 times a day and ever since I have been on 30mg I have been fine no pain at all in my back and able to sleep through the night.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2011 12:14 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Did wonders for my pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2011 5:56 PM

Review by OP's Oxy Poision:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have a major complaint about the changing of the OC's to the OP's. I have been taking the 80mg OC's for the last 2 years for my Neuropathy from my diabetes and it seems to have been the only thing that works for the pains that I have. Now after the change of them to the OP's I have been taking them now for today being the third day and they don't do much for my pain. On top of that they make my whole body itch very bad and today discovering that I'm now passing blood in my urine. Have never done that in my life of 48 years. So what do I to do now? I understand why the changes were made with the formulation, but what about the people who use it the right way and who really need it? We are the one's who are suffering because of people who abuse it.

January 2, 2011 9:04 PM

Review by ISLE of WIGHT:

For Pain: I don't recommend chewing these tablets under any circumstances.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2010 12:51 PM

For Pain: Oxycodone has made my quality of life much better. If your not in serious pain don't start taking this. After about 1 year of taking the prescribed dose daily your mind and body WILL become dependent on this medication no matter who you are! I must say it eliminates some if not most my pain and allows me to be a functioning being.

December 22, 2010 3:47 AM

Review by CantWT:

For Pain: Oxycodone works for sure, 100%. But please take as prescribed. Do not abuse unless you want to become an addict. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from addiction is possible at any given time. Take this medicine with care. Don't take 3 or 4 at a time to feel great and escape every trouble in life like I did. Your troubles will end up being a million times worse, trust me. I am on Suboxone now...saved me from opiates.

December 16, 2010 10:29 PM

Review by thumperuk:

For Pain: I had to go onto Oxycodone as I became allergic to buprenorphine patches & reached the limit of how much morphine I could tolerate. With Oxycodone my pain relief is better than morphine, the migraines are still a problem but less 'sharp' than when I took morphine. As I live in England I am able to take oxycodone as an extended release drug called 'Targinact'. It is a combination of oxycodone but also naloxone, which elimintes the biggest problem with opiates.....constipation. Targinact works amazingly well - I can take oxycodone in high doses but with no constipation. It is a shame that it isn't available in the US. Although it is more expensive than oxycodone, all my prescriptions are free thanks to our wonderful healthcare system.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2010 10:05 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: 0016unregistered: Posted about how the Oxycontin doesn't work as well as it used to. I agree. The abusers have caused so many problems for us legitimate users, in real, horrible pain that the DEA has directed the manufacturers to do something, I don't know what, (I heard it on the radio, don't remember the details) to prevent abuse. I use 40mg 3x day, and, about, say, 18 months ago I detected a very noticeable reduction in effectiveness -- and it is not tolerance. It happened too quickly. I will spare you the details of my injury, suffice it to say I am confined to a wheelchair after being T-boned by a stone cold sober driver ran a red light.

December 14, 2010 8:48 AM

Review by The Great Southern CFH:

For Pain: I have had severe AS/RA (Ankylosing Spondylitis/Rheumatoid Arthritis) since I was 7 Years old. I am 25 now. I have been on Oxycodone 30 mg 6x daily and Embeda 60 mg 2 x daily and used with my Enbrel I can do most things I should be able to do normally.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2010 7:32 AM

Review by 0016:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on 80mg Oxycontin for five years. I have had four major back surgeries in the past four years. The Oxycontin has helped me lead as normal life as possible, until they changed them. They don't work even near as they used to. Now my pain really has jumped from a five to a possible eight on the doctor's pain scale.

December 1, 2010 4:53 PM

Review by mrdoolin:

For Pain: I remember when my insurance company covered OxyContin. That drug was EXTREMELY effective at controlling my chronic pain. This oxycodone hcl (generic) seems to be FAR less effective, even when taking the same amount of milligrams per day.

November 24, 2010 7:38 PM

Review by charleshold:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have peripheral neuropathy and pain throughout my body. I have been on Norco 350/7 mg 6 x day and 20 mg. Oxycontin 3 times a day. Most days it helps the pain tremendously. There are days that nothing much helps though. Luckily that is not that common. My pain management Doctor has been good working with me and getting me the help I need. Overall Oxycontin has helped my quality of life.

November 10, 2010 1:51 PM

Review by Suffering Mother of 2:

For Pain: I have had surgery for degenerative disc disease on my lower back three years ago. I had been taking Lortab, 7.5/500 for four years and it wasn't working for me anymore. Then my back pain got worse. Further tests show that I have degenerative disc disease on another part of my back, scoliosis, arthritis and a herniated disc. My doctor prescribed Oxycontin 20 mg every 12 hours, with the Lortab for breakthrough pain. It has saved my life. I no longer lie in bed trying to convince my body to get moving. I hate that there is so much stigma and abuse of this medication, because for those who truly need it, it's a life saver! Now, when my daughter has a violin recital or my son has a football game, I can actually go and watch them!

November 9, 2010 6:19 PM

Review by Titaniumgal:

For Pain: When used properly and appropriately and for the purpose prescribed this medicine is extremely effective. I have very intense chronic back pain following two failed surgeries and after trying many different medicines to help with the pain (as well as non-drug therapies) oxycodone is the only medicine that allows me to have even close to a decent quality of life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate