User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 359 reviews 910 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 83 reviews 102 medications

8.7
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 442 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Used during chemotherapy for neuropathy. Helped with pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2011 2:02 AM

For : Since taking this medicine I have been able to get out of my wheelchair. Although in the beginning the side effects were a little hard to get used to it has greatly increased the quality of my life. I do however wish that it was more readily available to my pharmacy as there are times that I worry whether or not I will be able to get it and never knowing which brand I will get. Each generic brand comes with its own set of side effects from headaches to itchy skin to nausea. They need to be more consistent with the inert ingredients to avoid this problem.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2011 7:50 PM

Review by gixxser:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was run over by a car last year and suffer with extreme sciatic back pain. Until I have surgery I have been going to a pain management doctor. She has prescribed me oxycodone 30mg 5 times a day along with methadone 10mg 2 times a day. The combination of these medicines is a miracle for me. I can now enjoy life without having to drink all day. You forget how awesome life is until you cant enjoy it because of severe pain! Hope the people at these manufactures know how much the medicines they make have helped me to enjoy life again. Thank you.

January 20, 2011 2:20 PM

Review by EMT321:

Roxicodone Intensol (oxycodone) for Pain: No other medicine helps me get through my pain and through my day like oxycodone. I have been in 2 horrible car accidents and have tried many pain medications, and oxycodone is the only medication that completely takes away my lower back pain. It is a shame that so many people abuse this drug because it works miracles for chronic back pain.

January 19, 2011 7:37 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: THE NEW OXYCONTIIN HAS A SLOW ONSET FOR ME. INSTEAD OF A 15 MINUTE ONSET, IT TAKES 45 MINUTES. I SUSPECT IT IS BECAUSE MY STOMACH ACID LEVEL IS LOW BECAUSE I TAKE PRILOSEC DAILY FOR ACID REFLUX. I CALLED PURDUE PHARMA AND ASKED IF THEY HAD TESTED THE NEW FORMULA FOR EFFECTIVENESS IN PEOPLE WHO TAKE PRILOSEC. THE ANSWER WAS NO. THE TECH I Spoke WITH SAID IT SHOULDN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT IS SIMPLY IMMERSION IN LIQUID THAT DISSOLVES OXYCONTIN. THIS TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG. I HAD A FEW OF THE OLD OXYS SO I DID AN EXPERIMENT. IN TWO SEPARATE CONTAINERS I PUT 20 MG OXYS TO COMPARE HOW THEY DISSOLVED. THE OLD PILL DISSOLVED MUCH FASTER.

January 13, 2011 7:40 PM

For Pain: It works the best for me. I have degenerative disc disease and they give me these every 6 hours, 3 times a day and ever since I have been on 30mg I have been fine no pain at all in my back and able to sleep through the night.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2011 12:14 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Did wonders for my pain.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2011 5:56 PM

Review by OP's Oxy Poision:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have a major complaint about the changing of the OC's to the OP's. I have been taking the 80mg OC's for the last 2 years for my Neuropathy from my diabetes and it seems to have been the only thing that works for the pains that I have. Now after the change of them to the OP's I have been taking them now for today being the third day and they don't do much for my pain. On top of that they make my whole body itch very bad and today discovering that I'm now passing blood in my urine. Have never done that in my life of 48 years. So what do I to do now? I understand why the changes were made with the formulation, but what about the people who use it the right way and who really need it? We are the one's who are suffering because of people who abuse it.

January 2, 2011 9:04 PM

Review by ISLE of WIGHT:

For Pain: I don't recommend chewing these tablets under any circumstances.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2010 12:51 PM

For Pain: Oxycodone has made my quality of life much better. If your not in serious pain don't start taking this. After about 1 year of taking the prescribed dose daily your mind and body WILL become dependent on this medication no matter who you are! I must say it eliminates some if not most my pain and allows me to be a functioning being.

December 22, 2010 3:47 AM

Review by CantWT:

For Pain: Oxycodone works for sure, 100%. But please take as prescribed. Do not abuse unless you want to become an addict. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from addiction is possible at any given time. Take this medicine with care. Don't take 3 or 4 at a time to feel great and escape every trouble in life like I did. Your troubles will end up being a million times worse, trust me. I am on Suboxone now...saved me from opiates.

December 16, 2010 10:29 PM

Review by thumperuk:

For Pain: I had to go onto Oxycodone as I became allergic to buprenorphine patches & reached the limit of how much morphine I could tolerate. With Oxycodone my pain relief is better than morphine, the migraines are still a problem but less 'sharp' than when I took morphine. As I live in England I am able to take oxycodone as an extended release drug called 'Targinact'. It is a combination of oxycodone but also naloxone, which elimintes the biggest problem with opiates.....constipation. Targinact works amazingly well - I can take oxycodone in high doses but with no constipation. It is a shame that it isn't available in the US. Although it is more expensive than oxycodone, all my prescriptions are free thanks to our wonderful healthcare system.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2010 10:05 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: 0016unregistered: Posted about how the Oxycontin doesn't work as well as it used to. I agree. The abusers have caused so many problems for us legitimate users, in real, horrible pain that the DEA has directed the manufacturers to do something, I don't know what, (I heard it on the radio, don't remember the details) to prevent abuse. I use 40mg 3x day, and, about, say, 18 months ago I detected a very noticeable reduction in effectiveness -- and it is not tolerance. It happened too quickly. I will spare you the details of my injury, suffice it to say I am confined to a wheelchair after being T-boned by a stone cold sober driver ran a red light.

December 14, 2010 8:48 AM

Review by The Great Southern CFH:

For Pain: I have had severe AS/RA (Ankylosing Spondylitis/Rheumatoid Arthritis) since I was 7 Years old. I am 25 now. I have been on Oxycodone 30 mg 6x daily and Embeda 60 mg 2 x daily and used with my Enbrel I can do most things I should be able to do normally.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2010 7:32 AM

Review by 0016:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on 80mg Oxycontin for five years. I have had four major back surgeries in the past four years. The Oxycontin has helped me lead as normal life as possible, until they changed them. They don't work even near as they used to. Now my pain really has jumped from a five to a possible eight on the doctor's pain scale.

December 1, 2010 4:53 PM

Review by mrdoolin:

For Pain: I remember when my insurance company covered OxyContin. That drug was EXTREMELY effective at controlling my chronic pain. This oxycodone hcl (generic) seems to be FAR less effective, even when taking the same amount of milligrams per day.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 24, 2010 7:38 PM

Review by charleshold:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have peripheral neuropathy and pain throughout my body. I have been on Norco 350/7 mg 6 x day and 20 mg. Oxycontin 3 times a day. Most days it helps the pain tremendously. There are days that nothing much helps though. Luckily that is not that common. My pain management Doctor has been good working with me and getting me the help I need. Overall Oxycontin has helped my quality of life.

November 10, 2010 1:51 PM

Review by Suffering Mother of 2:

For Pain: I have had surgery for degenerative disc disease on my lower back three years ago. I had been taking Lortab, 7.5/500 for four years and it wasn't working for me anymore. Then my back pain got worse. Further tests show that I have degenerative disc disease on another part of my back, scoliosis, arthritis and a herniated disc. My doctor prescribed Oxycontin 20 mg every 12 hours, with the Lortab for breakthrough pain. It has saved my life. I no longer lie in bed trying to convince my body to get moving. I hate that there is so much stigma and abuse of this medication, because for those who truly need it, it's a life saver! Now, when my daughter has a violin recital or my son has a football game, I can actually go and watch them!

November 9, 2010 6:19 PM

Review by Titaniumgal:

For Pain: When used properly and appropriately and for the purpose prescribed this medicine is extremely effective. I have very intense chronic back pain following two failed surgeries and after trying many different medicines to help with the pain (as well as non-drug therapies) oxycodone is the only medicine that allows me to have even close to a decent quality of life.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2010 10:07 PM

Review by oxyaaron:

For Pain: Works better for pain than anything I've tried.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2010 9:29 PM

Review by llawen:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Five years ago, I was close to suicidal with pain and found a superb pain management doctor.at the Beth Israel Pain & Palliative Care Unit in NYC. I HIGHLY recommend them. Recently, I began to feel pain again of the acute variety (am always in some chronic pain), Said to my husband, "it is as if this drug is not working at all". Went today for my regular two month check-up and told my doctor. He nodded and told me that MANY of his patients no longer get relief with Oxycontin as the new formula (meant to keep abusers from crushing it) does not work well in ER form. I had not had to use more than the same dose for 5 years, and was in relative comfort, given my disability, and now I have to try a higher dosage or change medication.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 26, 2010 8:54 PM

Review by Hez424:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on OxyContin for 8 years now, I have many problems and I am disabled. They've tried me on several medicines before this and nothing worked. I am so sensitive and allergic to a lot of medicines. But then they started me on OxyContin's and it has worked for me up until last month when they changed them. They are not as effective as they once were and now I am suffering because of it.

October 21, 2010 11:08 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Well I have been taking Oxycontin 40mg for 5 years now and it has changed my life until a couple of weeks ago. Now they don't work nearly as good as they did. They put a time release all the way through the pill and it doesn't take the pain completely away now. I hope they change back because this has affected my life a lot!

73 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2010 1:14 PM

Review by cindy 1957:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was just put on oxycontin yesterday 10 mgs twice a day with norco for break through pain. I was on oxycodone 5mgs 4 times a day. The only thing I don't like is the headache I got this morning and dry mouth, but I will stay with it, because it works.

October 6, 2010 8:28 PM

Review by OriginalOC:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was very skeptical about this medicine at first. But when I started on it I realized of all the medicines I've tried none worked Like this. My life was destroyed when I a traumatic injury ruined my life. Suicide, depression, whole 9 yards. I tried everything first to no avail. I decided to go the medication route.

October 6, 2010 6:31 PM