User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 359 reviews 908 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 76 reviews 102 medications

8.8
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 435 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by OP's Oxy Poision: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have a major complaint about the changing of the OC's to the OP's. I have been taking the 80mg OC's for the last 2 years for my Neuropathy from my diabetes and it seems to have been the only thing that works for the pains that I have. Now after the change of them to the OP's I have been taking them now for today being the third day and they don't do much for my pain. On top of that they make my whole body itch very bad and today discovering that I'm now passing blood in my urine. Have never done that in my life of 48 years. So what do I to do now? I understand why the changes were made with the formulation, but what about the people who use it the right way and who really need it? We are the one's who are suffering because of people who abuse it.

January 2, 2011 9:04 PM
Review by ISLE of WIGHT: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I don't recommend chewing these tablets under any circumstances.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 24, 2010 12:51 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: Oxycodone has made my quality of life much better. If your not in serious pain don't start taking this. After about 1 year of taking the prescribed dose daily your mind and body WILL become dependent on this medication no matter who you are! I must say it eliminates some if not most my pain and allows me to be a functioning being.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2010 3:47 AM
Review by CantWT:

oxycodone for Pain: Oxycodone works for sure, 100%. But please take as prescribed. Do not abuse unless you want to become an addict. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from addiction is possible at any given time. Take this medicine with care. Don't take 3 or 4 at a time to feel great and escape every trouble in life like I did. Your troubles will end up being a million times worse, trust me. I am on Suboxone now...saved me from opiates.

December 16, 2010 10:29 PM
Review by thumperuk: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I had to go onto Oxycodone as I became allergic to buprenorphine patches & reached the limit of how much morphine I could tolerate. With Oxycodone my pain relief is better than morphine, the migraines are still a problem but less 'sharp' than when I took morphine. As I live in England I am able to take oxycodone as an extended release drug called 'Targinact'. It is a combination of oxycodone but also naloxone, which elimintes the biggest problem with opiates.....constipation. Targinact works amazingly well - I can take oxycodone in high doses but with no constipation. It is a shame that it isn't available in the US. Although it is more expensive than oxycodone, all my prescriptions are free thanks to our wonderful healthcare system.

December 16, 2010 10:05 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: 0016unregistered: Posted about how the Oxycontin doesn't work as well as it used to. I agree. The abusers have caused so many problems for us legitimate users, in real, horrible pain that the DEA has directed the manufacturers to do something, I don't know what, (I heard it on the radio, don't remember the details) to prevent abuse. I use 40mg 3x day, and, about, say, 18 months ago I detected a very noticeable reduction in effectiveness -- and it is not tolerance. It happened too quickly. I will spare you the details of my injury, suffice it to say I am confined to a wheelchair after being T-boned by a stone cold sober driver ran a red light.

December 14, 2010 8:48 AM
Review by The Great Southern CFH: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I have had severe AS/RA (Ankylosing Spondylitis/Rheumatoid Arthritis) since I was 7 Years old. I am 25 now. I have been on Oxycodone 30 mg 6x daily and Embeda 60 mg 2 x daily and used with my Enbrel I can do most things I should be able to do normally.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 12, 2010 7:32 AM
Review by 0016: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on 80mg Oxycontin for five years. I have had four major back surgeries in the past four years. The Oxycontin has helped me lead as normal life as possible, until they changed them. They don't work even near as they used to. Now my pain really has jumped from a five to a possible eight on the doctor's pain scale.

December 1, 2010 4:53 PM
Review by mrdoolin: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I remember when my insurance company covered OxyContin. That drug was EXTREMELY effective at controlling my chronic pain. This oxycodone hcl (generic) seems to be FAR less effective, even when taking the same amount of milligrams per day.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 24, 2010 7:38 PM
Review by charleshold: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have peripheral neuropathy and pain throughout my body. I have been on Norco 350/7 mg 6 x day and 20 mg. Oxycontin 3 times a day. Most days it helps the pain tremendously. There are days that nothing much helps though. Luckily that is not that common. My pain management Doctor has been good working with me and getting me the help I need. Overall Oxycontin has helped my quality of life.

November 10, 2010 1:51 PM
Review by Suffering Mother of 2: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I have had surgery for degenerative disc disease on my lower back three years ago. I had been taking Lortab, 7.5/500 for four years and it wasn't working for me anymore. Then my back pain got worse. Further tests show that I have degenerative disc disease on another part of my back, scoliosis, arthritis and a herniated disc. My doctor prescribed Oxycontin 20 mg every 12 hours, with the Lortab for breakthrough pain. It has saved my life. I no longer lie in bed trying to convince my body to get moving. I hate that there is so much stigma and abuse of this medication, because for those who truly need it, it's a life saver! Now, when my daughter has a violin recital or my son has a football game, I can actually go and watch them!

November 9, 2010 6:19 PM
Review by Titaniumgal: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: When used properly and appropriately and for the purpose prescribed this medicine is extremely effective. I have very intense chronic back pain following two failed surgeries and after trying many different medicines to help with the pain (as well as non-drug therapies) oxycodone is the only medicine that allows me to have even close to a decent quality of life.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 5, 2010 10:07 PM
Review by oxyaaron: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: Works better for pain than anything I've tried.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2010 9:29 PM
Review by llawen: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Five years ago, I was close to suicidal with pain and found a superb pain management doctor.at the Beth Israel Pain & Palliative Care Unit in NYC. I HIGHLY recommend them. Recently, I began to feel pain again of the acute variety (am always in some chronic pain), Said to my husband, "it is as if this drug is not working at all". Went today for my regular two month check-up and told my doctor. He nodded and told me that MANY of his patients no longer get relief with Oxycontin as the new formula (meant to keep abusers from crushing it) does not work well in ER form. I had not had to use more than the same dose for 5 years, and was in relative comfort, given my disability, and now I have to try a higher dosage or change medication.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 26, 2010 8:54 PM
Review by Hez424: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have been on OxyContin for 8 years now, I have many problems and I am disabled. They've tried me on several medicines before this and nothing worked. I am so sensitive and allergic to a lot of medicines. But then they started me on OxyContin's and it has worked for me up until last month when they changed them. They are not as effective as they once were and now I am suffering because of it.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 21, 2010 11:08 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Well I have been taking Oxycontin 40mg for 5 years now and it has changed my life until a couple of weeks ago. Now they don't work nearly as good as they did. They put a time release all the way through the pill and it doesn't take the pain completely away now. I hope they change back because this has affected my life a lot!

72 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 11, 2010 1:14 PM
Review by cindy 1957: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was just put on oxycontin yesterday 10 mgs twice a day with norco for break through pain. I was on oxycodone 5mgs 4 times a day. The only thing I don't like is the headache I got this morning and dry mouth, but I will stay with it, because it works.

October 6, 2010 8:28 PM
Review by OriginalOC: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was very skeptical about this medicine at first. But when I started on it I realized of all the medicines I've tried none worked Like this. My life was destroyed when I a traumatic injury ruined my life. Suicide, depression, whole 9 yards. I tried everything first to no avail. I decided to go the medication route.

October 6, 2010 6:31 PM
Review by C-Jay: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: An 80 mg oxycodone ER tablet should be reserved for those who have chronic, long-lasting pain that requires around the clock pain management. This dosage should ONLY be taken by those who have been taking narcotic pain medications for a long period of time and who are what medical professionals call Opiate Tolerant. This really helps take the edge of my pain.

October 4, 2010 7:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Have been on this medication for about 1 and a half years. Severe neuropathy in both ankles and feet, degenerative disc disease in 2004\, several broken bones over the years from horseback riding. This medicine has given me my life back after suffering with chronic pain for years. Take 120mg of Oxycontin twice a day and 30 mg of oxycodone four times a day for breakthrough pain. Am able to work 12 hour night shifts and get on with my life due to this drug. Without it I would not be able to do anything other than be in misery.

September 24, 2010 11:02 PM
Review by graannygert 71:

oxycodone for Pain: I have taken oxycodone for several years and it is the only pain medicine to allow me to get out of bed and function like a healthy person. I would be in bed 24/7 with other people having to take care of me. Oxycodone gives me my independence back.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 22, 2010 1:26 AM
Review by kleenex-kidd: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have worked the coal mines all my life. About 5 years ago, I was in a major mine accident. After 7 orthopedic surgeries, I realized I was going to have to live with this horrible pain. It was so bad that the thought of suicide lingered in my mind so often it became my only thought. That was until I went and saw my family doctor. He started me on Vicodin, then Percocet and a list of others. I didn't have much luck with all those other medicines. Finally, he put me on Oxycontin. What a difference it made in my mental health and my physical well being. Now I take the 80 mg three times a day and I can finally live again. I still get horrible breakthrough pain at times but even with that, my life is so much better.

September 16, 2010 4:14 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Roxicodone (oxycodone) for Pain: At first this was a very good pain medication and it helped a lot but due to taking it for a few years the effectiveness is not nearly as good as to when I started taking it. Since so many people are addicted to these things when I had my medicine stolen from me I had withdrawals and it was horrible.

September 16, 2010 11:17 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Have suffered chronic knee and lower back pain for 10 years severe osteoarthritis of both knees and have torn and bulging discs, age 42. I am so grateful to the locum who initially prescribed oxycontin 12 months ago (now 20mg x 2) - a prescription for the first time which has lessened the pain and at last improved my quality of life. I was very reluctant to try an 'opiate', and remain on a lower dose by choice. For me the side effects and fear of becoming dependent is far outweighed by the relief provided. All medicines can be abused, and can have side effects - its a fine balance, but genuine chronic pain suffers must not be denied an effective treatment.

September 11, 2010 6:40 PM
Review by KYPHIL: User Rating:

oxycodone for Pain: I've taken many different opiates over the years for chipped bone spurs in neck and multiple abnormalities in my lower back. This medicine is a miracle for me. I rated it a "10" because the last 6 months i've been prescribed it,"i feel no pain at all".

September 10, 2010 9:52 PM