User Reviews for Oxycodone

Also known as: Dazidox, Endocodone, ETH-Oxydose, M-Oxy, Oxecta, OxyContin, Oxydose, Oxyfast, OxyIR, Percolone, Roxicodone, Roxicodone Intensol

Learn more about Oxycodone.

Pain 363 reviews 913 medications

8.8
Chronic Pain 90 reviews 102 medications

8.7
Summary of Oxycodone reviews 453 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Oxycodone

Review by stevelc03:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis 4 yrs ago. I had a total knee replacement done 4 months ago and was told I have degenerative joint disease. Due to those 2 medical problems the total knee replacement is taking FOREVER to heal, therefore I am in constant, extreme pain. I take 1 - 40 mg tablet of Oxycontin 3 x daily and 1 -10/325 mg tablet of Percocet 6 x daily. I can HONESTLY say that if I were not taking these medications the pain would be too intolerable for me to do at least half of the things that I HAVE to do on a daily basis. I still feel some pain, my pain level went from a 10 to a 3 when I take both medicines as prescribed. 2 thumbs up.

March 9, 2011 10:57 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Have had 13 low back surgeries The Oxycontin has helped me lead as normal life as much as possible, until they changed them. They don't work even near what the oc had. I now they say not to crush them but I would crush one.Dr put me to 4 80s three times a day. To get to where i had been getting somewhat of a life back, I would crush one for breakthrough pain felt pretty good. Now I am right back in bed 24hr a day,Also noticed my body has been putting out a smell like burnt rubber,And sick to my stomach, Have not had a bowl movement in 2 weeks .I told the Dr I would give him all my oxycontin back to him to just get something else. So I will be changing.

March 7, 2011 1:04 PM

Review by anonymous d:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I've been prescribed them for years and they've done nothing but make my life livable, the time I can enjoy with my kids now that I'm not in constant pain, but the OP's? I got really bloated from them, the pain is the same as it would be after taking two Lortab tens. When and how can I find a pharmacy that has the OC that saved my life, my job, me existence because I'm falling apart with the allergic reactions from the new OP's like I'm allergic.

March 4, 2011 12:57 AM

Review by dinkeybird:

For Pain: I have been on every pain medication known to man in since I was 11 years old. I won't go in to the boring details, but suffice it to say, at 54 years old, I am able to lead a somewhat normal life. I have been on oxycodone for about 6 years this time around. I have switched from Oxycontin to oxycodone. That took a while to get my dosing correct, but is fine now. I have few side effects and can function normally. Finally, I work full time, drive, garden etc. Too bad there is so much bad press.

March 3, 2011 3:42 PM

Review by Exfla:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was on every pain medicine imaginable and even Oxycontin for a few years. At first I thought it was the 'wonder medicine' people talk about. After a while though, it caused me more problems than it was worth. The strange thing was, if I took the normal (prescribed) dose, I would actually feel like I had more pain than if I didn't take it at all, so I was always trying to take more because if I didn't take it I had withdrawals. Then I was always caught trying to take more to avoid the pain or the withdraw. I finally got away from that and started taking methadone. A very small dose of methadone does fine with absolutely no side affects, no withdrawals if I don't need it that day, and no chasing the pain away.

February 23, 2011 9:39 PM

For Pain: One of the only medications that allows me to function in a small way because of the bone disease I have (avascular necrosis) I need 6 joint replacements (hips, knees and shoulders). Without this medicine I can not clean eat or sleep without severe limits.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2011 11:16 AM

Review by _Nicoletti:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have suffered with an incurable rare spinal cord injury. I first tried Oxycontin in December 2010. Little did I know that they were taking the generics off the shelves. The medicine worked great.The new oxy op is very expensive and not of the same release time. How are people going to afford this?

February 20, 2011 2:00 AM

Review by zoe311:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have used the OC for 11 years. During that time I have only decreased my dosage. Now, the OP formula simply doesn't work. I take 2-3X the breakthrough pain medicines, I have added ibuprofen and naproxen to my regimen. I am going to have to increase my OP dosage on my next visit because it simply doesn't work. Thia new formula is ineffective. I'm going to discuss switching to a different medication, but the OC used to work so well. I was able to go canoeing and walking in the woods. Now I'm back to missing work.

February 19, 2011 5:58 PM

Review by NurseJFW:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have had RSD for 20 years and was well controlled on 30mg Percocet and 30mg Methadone a day. The pain doctor wanted a change and now I am on the new Oxycontin 20mg twice a day. I took my 20mg at 7 am. It is now 8 hours later and I am at a level 7 pain. From the last few days experience when I take 20mg at 7pm, it will last until midnight then I will be at a level 8 or 9 pain. I have not slept in 3 days. I was well controlled! Why couldn't she leave it alone?

February 14, 2011 4:47 PM

Review by mechanic in pain:

For Pain: I am a diesel mechanic and I have chronic back pain and knee problems. Oxycodone has been a God send for me. I am able to perform my duties still.

January 29, 2011 4:30 PM

Review by CLATX:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I take 80mg 3 times a day. Before taking this medicine I spent almost two years in a bed due to the pain levels I would reach when standing or walking on my foot. After my doctor switched me to Oxycontin for long term use my whole life changed. I now have been taking this medicine for over 10 years and I don't know how I could have survived without it.

January 29, 2011 1:35 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Used during chemotherapy for neuropathy. Helped with pain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2011 2:02 AM

For : Since taking this medicine I have been able to get out of my wheelchair. Although in the beginning the side effects were a little hard to get used to it has greatly increased the quality of my life. I do however wish that it was more readily available to my pharmacy as there are times that I worry whether or not I will be able to get it and never knowing which brand I will get. Each generic brand comes with its own set of side effects from headaches to itchy skin to nausea. They need to be more consistent with the inert ingredients to avoid this problem.

January 23, 2011 7:50 PM

Review by gixxser:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I was run over by a car last year and suffer with extreme sciatic back pain. Until I have surgery I have been going to a pain management doctor. She has prescribed me oxycodone 30mg 5 times a day along with methadone 10mg 2 times a day. The combination of these medicines is a miracle for me. I can now enjoy life without having to drink all day. You forget how awesome life is until you cant enjoy it because of severe pain! Hope the people at these manufactures know how much the medicines they make have helped me to enjoy life again. Thank you.

January 20, 2011 2:20 PM

Review by EMT321:

Roxicodone Intensol (oxycodone) for Pain: No other medicine helps me get through my pain and through my day like oxycodone. I have been in 2 horrible car accidents and have tried many pain medications, and oxycodone is the only medication that completely takes away my lower back pain. It is a shame that so many people abuse this drug because it works miracles for chronic back pain.

January 19, 2011 7:37 PM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: THE NEW OXYCONTIIN HAS A SLOW ONSET FOR ME. INSTEAD OF A 15 MINUTE ONSET, IT TAKES 45 MINUTES. I SUSPECT IT IS BECAUSE MY STOMACH ACID LEVEL IS LOW BECAUSE I TAKE PRILOSEC DAILY FOR ACID REFLUX. I CALLED PURDUE PHARMA AND ASKED IF THEY HAD TESTED THE NEW FORMULA FOR EFFECTIVENESS IN PEOPLE WHO TAKE PRILOSEC. THE ANSWER WAS NO. THE TECH I Spoke WITH SAID IT SHOULDN'T MATTER BECAUSE IT IS SIMPLY IMMERSION IN LIQUID THAT DISSOLVES OXYCONTIN. THIS TURNED OUT TO BE WRONG. I HAD A FEW OF THE OLD OXYS SO I DID AN EXPERIMENT. IN TWO SEPARATE CONTAINERS I PUT 20 MG OXYS TO COMPARE HOW THEY DISSOLVED. THE OLD PILL DISSOLVED MUCH FASTER.

January 13, 2011 7:40 PM

For Pain: It works the best for me. I have degenerative disc disease and they give me these every 6 hours, 3 times a day and ever since I have been on 30mg I have been fine no pain at all in my back and able to sleep through the night.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2011 12:14 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: Did wonders for my pain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 4, 2011 5:56 PM

Review by OP's Oxy Poision:

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: I have a major complaint about the changing of the OC's to the OP's. I have been taking the 80mg OC's for the last 2 years for my Neuropathy from my diabetes and it seems to have been the only thing that works for the pains that I have. Now after the change of them to the OP's I have been taking them now for today being the third day and they don't do much for my pain. On top of that they make my whole body itch very bad and today discovering that I'm now passing blood in my urine. Have never done that in my life of 48 years. So what do I to do now? I understand why the changes were made with the formulation, but what about the people who use it the right way and who really need it? We are the one's who are suffering because of people who abuse it.

January 2, 2011 9:04 PM

Review by ISLE of WIGHT:

For Pain: I don't recommend chewing these tablets under any circumstances.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2010 12:51 PM

For Pain: Oxycodone has made my quality of life much better. If your not in serious pain don't start taking this. After about 1 year of taking the prescribed dose daily your mind and body WILL become dependent on this medication no matter who you are! I must say it eliminates some if not most my pain and allows me to be a functioning being.

December 22, 2010 3:47 AM

Review by CantWT:

For Pain: Oxycodone works for sure, 100%. But please take as prescribed. Do not abuse unless you want to become an addict. It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from addiction is possible at any given time. Take this medicine with care. Don't take 3 or 4 at a time to feel great and escape every trouble in life like I did. Your troubles will end up being a million times worse, trust me. I am on Suboxone now...saved me from opiates.

December 16, 2010 10:29 PM

Review by thumperuk:

For Pain: I had to go onto Oxycodone as I became allergic to buprenorphine patches & reached the limit of how much morphine I could tolerate. With Oxycodone my pain relief is better than morphine, the migraines are still a problem but less 'sharp' than when I took morphine. As I live in England I am able to take oxycodone as an extended release drug called 'Targinact'. It is a combination of oxycodone but also naloxone, which elimintes the biggest problem with opiates.....constipation. Targinact works amazingly well - I can take oxycodone in high doses but with no constipation. It is a shame that it isn't available in the US. Although it is more expensive than oxycodone, all my prescriptions are free thanks to our wonderful healthcare system.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 16, 2010 10:05 AM

OxyContin (oxycodone) for Pain: 0016unregistered: Posted about how the Oxycontin doesn't work as well as it used to. I agree. The abusers have caused so many problems for us legitimate users, in real, horrible pain that the DEA has directed the manufacturers to do something, I don't know what, (I heard it on the radio, don't remember the details) to prevent abuse. I use 40mg 3x day, and, about, say, 18 months ago I detected a very noticeable reduction in effectiveness -- and it is not tolerance. It happened too quickly. I will spare you the details of my injury, suffice it to say I am confined to a wheelchair after being T-boned by a stone cold sober driver ran a red light.

December 14, 2010 8:48 AM

Review by The Great Southern CFH:

For Pain: I have had severe AS/RA (Ankylosing Spondylitis/Rheumatoid Arthritis) since I was 7 Years old. I am 25 now. I have been on Oxycodone 30 mg 6x daily and Embeda 60 mg 2 x daily and used with my Enbrel I can do most things I should be able to do normally.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate